AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-12, 17:01   Link #8741
kakakka

In one of the trailer (the very latest/last one), Standard Brave fired a Tri-Punisher.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 17:02   Link #8742
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Fine I didn't word the Tri-punisher thing very well, has anyone either seen a STT Brave do the Tri-punisher charged shot in movie or read about it being capable of doing it the HG kit manual ?.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VORoBLmwC-Q

Pause the video at 53 seconds in.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 20:41   Link #8743
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VORoBLmwC-Q

Pause the video at 53 seconds in.
I see although the setup is a bit different the 2 binders aren't pointing forward like the comman model if you go full screen press pause a few times starting a 52 seconds you'll see it might take you few tries though.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 20:51   Link #8744
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
What the hell is a Trident Striker?
Quote:
Oh, so now they give it a name? Or did I must miss that announcement back when the older Over Flag kit was released?
It's been stated as the name for a while so it's not new. It's just simply the codename of the Overflag Linear Rifle just like Drake Howling is the codename of the Brave beam rifle.

Crossfire was the name of another one of the Flag's Rifle but I cannot remember which one, I think it was the initial Custom Flag one.

Quote:
So am I missing something or are the only differnces between the Brave CTT and STT that the CTT 2 drives, Tri-Punisher, and heavier version of those machine gun style GN Cannons.
Quote:
It says the Tri-Punisher is a combination of the GN Rifle and GN Cannons. Does the Brave's chest house a cannon when the rifle isn't combined?

Actually, the only difference are the two GN Drives. The ESF is deciding whether or not to use one or two GN Drives on the finalized mass production Brave.
What has actually surprise me thus far is the lack of any dangerous acceleration releases that Graham has a habit of putting in his last mobile suits. Oh well, I guess having an extra Drive will cut it for him this time around as a general purpose upgrade over the other Braves.

Quote:
I see although the setup is a bit different the 2 binders aren't pointing forward like the comman model if you go full screen press pause a few times starting a 52 seconds you'll see it might take you few tries though.
Mind taking a picture? I know which part your talking about, but the vid moves so fast that it always leaves afterimages of the Flag when I pause it so it's hard to make a look at the setup.

If it is different though, I'll need to analyse it so I can put it into the article at the Wikia. Hmmm.........binders not pointing forwards huh? I wonder if that even classifies as a Tri Punisher attack since the GN Cannon's involvement seem to be important to it based on the description.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:26   Link #8745
GundamFan

Alright I got the picture fixed and working now and if you look close you can see the binders aren't point forward.

Spoiler for large pic:
Old 2010-11-12, 21:27   Link #8746
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Sonic here is image hopefully

Linking a webpage in image tags doesn't work, nor does the forum you're linking us to--it requires us to log in.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:32   Link #8747
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Linking a webpage in image tags doesn't work, nor does the forum you're linking us to--it requires us to log in.
I think I got it fixed.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:38   Link #8748
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Crossfire was the name of another one of the Flag's Rifle but I cannot remember which one, I think it was the initial Custom Flag one.
The MLR-04 Crossfire on the Colony Guard Flag would be the MP version of the Custom Flag's XLR-04.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 21:38   Link #8749
wencong1356

Quote:
Fine I didn't word the Tri-punisher thing very well, has anyone either seen a STT Brave do the Tri-punisher charged shot in movie or read about it being capable of doing it the HG kit manual ?
Oh hell,yes. That was one of the most awesome moves in gundam 00 history. Graham allowed a gigantic stream of ELS to chase him, then he transformed the brave from MA to MS mode and suddenly went reverse and fired the tri-punisher.

Oh shit, that was another scene.

The standard test type braves did do tri-punisher, but in combo. One brave in MA mode lures a gigantic long gigantic stream of ELS, while the other fires the tri-punisher at the stream, saving the Gundam's arse.
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 21:46   Link #8750
Blazer-X

Well, this is totally going by memory, but in one of the later battle scenes in the final ELS wave (not shown in the trailers), I remember Graham and all the other remaining Braves lining up and charging up what looked like a tri-punisher fire. I thought it was derived from the Alvarron at the time because it was also charging up a sphere, but now that I think about it, it seems to be the tri-punisher.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 21:58   Link #8751
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Alright I got the picture fixed and working now and if you look close you can see the binders aren't point forward.

Spoiler for large pic:
I don't think the binders pointing forward make any difference. The Tri-Punisher attack comes from connecting the rifle into the chest.

The other photo of Graham's Brave using the Tri-Punisher shows the binders pointing forward for thrust to propel himself away from the ELS wave.

Least that's my theory.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:01   Link #8752
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
What has actually surprise me thus far is the lack of any dangerous acceleration releases that Graham has a habit of putting in his last mobile suits. Oh well, I guess having an extra Drive will cut it for him this time around as a general purpose upgrade over the other Braves.
The ESF's access to the Innovades' technology and Veda probably allowed them to incorporate inertial dampeners that could actually deal with the speeds Graham wanted.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:01   Link #8753
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The ESF's access to the Innovades' technology and Veda probably allowed them to incorporate inertial dampeners that could actually deal with the speeds Graham wanted.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-11-12, 22:41   Link #8754
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-12, 23:10   Link #8755
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Hard core irony.

Anyway, I assume we still don't have any idea what MS this is seen next to the GN-XIV?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkBMcpPH_YQ

Flag body but releasing GN Particles, anyone know?

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-11-12 at 23:43.
Old 2010-11-12, 23:46   Link #8756
gordol
Banned

it's an orbit flag running of a gn drive, a space tieren also appears using a gn drive
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 23:47   Link #8757
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
it's an orbit flag running of a gn drive, a space tieren also appears using a gn drive
Is that so? Are you sure they're running on a GN Drive specifically, or just using condensers and such?
Old 2010-11-13, 00:17   Link #8758
GundamFan

Quote:
Mind taking a picture? I know which part your talking about, but the vid moves so fast that it always leaves afterimages of the Flag when I pause it so it's hard to make a look at the setup.

If it is different though, I'll need to analyse it so I can put it into the article at the Wikia. Hmmm.........binders not pointing forwards huh? I wonder if that even classifies as a Tri Punisher attack since the GN Cannon's involvement seem to be important to it based on the description.
Yeah Sonic from the descriptions I have read it does seem like those GN Cannon's are involved with the Tri Punisher however regardless of what it's called it still fires off a shot in same class as the Gadessa's GN Mega launcher.
I reposted my orginal picture below and took 2 more hope it helps.

Spoiler for large pic:

Spoiler for large picture 2:

Spoiler for large picture 3:
Old 2010-11-13, 00:59   Link #8759
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

As I said, I don't think the position of the hip binders make any difference on the power of the Tri-Punisher.
Old 2010-11-13, 01:05   Link #8760
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Spoiler:
Actually, Graham is known to disable or remove performance limiters/ safety equipment on his mechs to gain maximum combat performance. He did it with his Custom Flag, the Masurao and the Susanowoo.

IIRC it's the HG Overflag manual that states that they have performance limiters to reduce strain on the pilot, something which Graham's Custom Flag does not even after he switched from using the XLR-04 rifle (Custom Flag config) to the Trident Striker (Overflag config) because he prefers it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote