AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2021-01-22, 12:23   Link #41
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Wouldn't that only mean people would just spawn in the next closest spawn point? All that would do is slow things down an and it doesn't help them either.
If that were the case then it wouldn't have been effective for Nureha to control their region by simply blacklisting adventurers who didn't obey from using it and Shiroe wouldn't have went out of his way to ensure that no one could buy Akiba's.

If the local respawn point isn't functional they're boned unless they relocate and register to another spawn point, which would be an entirely different region, hence the reason they had to protect Serara and avoid having her killed when they went to save her.

Then again, this is presuming the spawn point could be destroyed. It's such a lynchpin location that either its indestructible or they'd have it guarded since every adventurer would be at risk. And realistically, I can't see any of the merchant guilds or crafters not figuring out someway to replicate it into the form of a mobile spawn point. It'd be too beneficial not to work on that.
Old 2021-01-22, 23:33   Link #42
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
If that were the case then it wouldn't have been effective for Nureha to control their region by simply blacklisting adventurers who didn't obey from using it and Shiroe wouldn't have went out of his way to ensure that no one could buy Akiba's.

If the local respawn point isn't functional they're boned unless they relocate and register to another spawn point, which would be an entirely different region, hence the reason they had to protect Serara and avoid having her killed when they went to save her.

Then again, this is presuming the spawn point could be destroyed. It's such a lynchpin location that either its indestructible or they'd have it guarded since every adventurer would be at risk. And realistically, I can't see any of the merchant guilds or crafters not figuring out someway to replicate it into the form of a mobile spawn point. It'd be too beneficial not to work on that.
We have already seen a mobile spawn point, haven't we? The suicide cult had one I think.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 01:07   Link #43
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Eins messed this up so bad, right?

no matter who pulled the string behind him, he should know that he is not a type of leader that could lead strong personalities (unlike Crusty).
To be honest, I think he betrayed whole adventurers in Akiba and went well with Indicus' scenario
Indicus is scary.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 01:24   Link #44
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Eins messed this up so bad, right?

no matter who pulled the string behind him, he should know that he is not a type of leader that could lead strong personalities (unlike Crusty).
To be honest, I think he betrayed whole adventurers in Akiba and went well with Indicus' scenario
Indicus is scary.
Depends on the point of view. From Eins' perspective he didn't mess anything up. He was provoked by shopping district 8, so if anything, he was the one who was betrayed.

And like he said, he took action to retaliate and now he has power. He didn't "betray" all of the adventurers in Akiba, only the round table by taking away their control. Honesty's main philosophy includes providing for weaker adventurers after all.

I think all of these developments are a welcome change of pace. It was mentioned in previous episodes that the round table now has cracks with Krusty missing, and Eins' situation is the result. Shiroe might be an excellent strategist but he lacks the leadership and charisma to keep Akiba together.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 08:14   Link #45
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So that secret meeting in the last episode is probably going with Eins knowing that Shiroe needs someone that acts as leader and proposing to be himself that leader.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-27, 12:46   Link #46
Twi

With episode 3 out I made a blog post on my thoughts about Eins actions and how he's basically trying to emulate Shiroe but admits he can't be, so its natural he be willing to place Shiroe in a position that would mirror Indicus' (Shiroe) relationship with Nureha (Eins) if they had less scruples. Shiroe at least has enough faith in people that he would rather put it to a vote among all the people instead of taking control.
Old 2021-01-27, 15:03   Link #47
magnuskn

Well, damn, Rayneshia certainly found her spine just in time.

Gah, I love this show.
Old 2021-01-27, 19:52   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Was Raynesia always dressed in the outfit of the Round Table in the ED? I never noticed until now.

Shiroe reminded me of Yang Wenli in this episode. Everything would be much better for everyone if he just took charge, but he believes in democracy, however flawed it might be.
Old 2021-01-27, 21:19   Link #49
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So Eins topples down oligarchy with feudalism and Shiroe responds with democracy.

That's going to be a very novel concept for the people of the land.

Old 2021-01-27, 21:58   Link #50
Wandering Soul

And the answer to the struggle between feudalism and oligarchy is democracy, or at least it's Shiroe's answer. I wonder how the nobility of the two kingdoms will react to this.
Old 2021-01-27, 23:16   Link #51
Side-streetdog

Spoiler for Ep 3 Spoiler:
Old 2021-01-27, 23:21   Link #52
Dark Wing

I can't believe I forgot Season 3 was airing and civil unrest is a very interesting change of pace for this show.
Old 2021-01-28, 01:18   Link #53
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

We all know what happens when ideas like democracy are introduced to people who have only known the feudal system their entire lives..
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-28, 04:16   Link #54
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
We all know what happens when ideas like democracy are introduced to people who have only known the feudal system their entire lives..
Well, it ain't going to be as easy as that. The living standard of the non-royal People of the Land seems to be substantially higher than, say, workers in Paris in 1792. In fact, from what I've seen most of them seem to be in the "Hes a DUKE?!? He's so DREAMY!" state of thinking.
Old 2021-01-31, 02:36   Link #55
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

What I'm curious is if Round Table would align themselves behind Shiroe or some might support Eins

but it is undisputable fact that without Shiroe, everything will crumble apart just like Eins said so it will be a strong point for Round Table

the challenge might be... whether Rayneshia could overcome the popularity of Yamato's lineage
and to be honest, that Saiguu Toori looks not that bad. He looks like a smart dictator that could challenge Indicus's influence
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 03:25   Link #56
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Shiroe's plan of winning the mandate of the people via vote is a win-win for everyone. The adventurers in general would have felt unhappy with an imposed system even if the people of the land all aligned behind the Akiba government. By giving them a choice they can probably get people to fall in line to an extent regardless of who wins.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 22:09   Link #57
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Shiroe is going to support whoever wins. After all if Eins wins, Shiroe won't have any more justification to not recognize his leadership, and it wouldn't do any good to Akiba if he let him rule alone.

Meanwhile if someone else wins, Eins will still be satisfied as long as a government will be formed. Well it's assumed that something will be done for the adventurers he cares about, but even if nothing will be done, it will be by the will of the majority and he won't be able to complain. He can always try again at the next election.

Old 2021-02-03, 12:07   Link #58
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm kind of disappointed in the people of the land who are so disgusted that Rayneshia would refuse her engagement. Akiba is a land of opportunity for them, where many came specifically because outside they could only be what they always were, never growing or seeking a new path. People came to Akiba in order to learn new crafts and become something new. Leaving Akiba and accepting the marriage would have flown in the face of all that. How could someone who seeks to bridge the gap and embrace the opportunities the Adventurers bring abandon this place, abandon the path she chose for herself, and submit to a fate chosen for her?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-03, 12:56   Link #59
magnuskn

Well, the obvious play with the election rules was to bring in more people at the last moment. I feared that might be the play Eins is going with, but it seems he wasn't smart enough to come up with the idea. Of course Shiroe is going to activate that gate and swing the election that way.
Old 2021-02-03, 14:49   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do love Rayneshia as a character. Her inner monologues and reactions to things are just really enjoyable to watch. Because she is really very human in how she responds to situations like this . But at the same time I fully support pushing her as a candidate. Out of anyone that they have available she's got the best shot of actually winning.

At least Eins is aware he's got near zero popularity with the adventurers. While that is a minority of the vote it isn't an unimportant factor. Unfortunately Rayneshia has a harder wall to clear. While the people seem happy to consider Akiba a place of opportunity for themselves, that doesn't mean they approve of it being opportunity for others.

At the core of it while they appreciate personal opportunity they are still more familiar and comfortable in the status quo system. With a Duke like Eins above them and not supporting someone who would dare not accept a political marriage. Hard to overcome those beliefs ingrained throughout an entire life. Tough for the main cast, but pretty expected.

Glad to see that Shiroe has a plan here. Thankfully Eins is so in the lead (and not as clever as Shiroe) that he didn't think to stack the deck even further. Although I'm curious about who Shiroe is bringing in to dramatically shift the voting in their favor. Plus there is the long term factor. This kind of play will probably work this time. But with more time to hammer out election rules and establish a more comprehensive system it likely wouldn't work twice. Would be key for Rayneshia to really establish herself before a future election comes around. But that's a problem for down the road and who knows what the situation will be like then.