AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-03-22, 04:23   Link #61
silencer.001
In a mobile suit behind u

I have just finished watching Turn A, and i say that it will beat down any other gundam that it comes against, short of Turn X

Reason: It is very maneuverable, even more than wing zero
It has a much higher reactor output
It can generate an I-field, which will block all beam based weaponry including the TBR/Satellite cannons/etc
It can create beam tornado type attacks with its beam sabres

As for surviving a nuclear blast, it did, but that was because it was far enough away, and combined with it's I-Field, it protected it, and a Kapool
Old 2007-03-23, 11:53   Link #62
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hmm...I wonder is everyone forgetting that Master and God/Burning has a Hyper Mode where they glow and fire a very powerful SKY SOARING ROCK BREAKING PUNCH.
Which can be more powerfull than the twin buster rifle. Still it's 100% Devil/Dark Gundam is still the most advance due to the DG cells.

BTW ever seen the new PS3 Gundam Musou? DAMN IT!!! Loran owned Domon there but it was on easy mode, still on the AMV Loran was shielding like a turtle through out Domons attack. Seems Turn A is Shield dependant, Loran also shielded Heero's twin buster riffle and matched chain ball against Amuro.

Domon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX2YYv8MMDw

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2007-03-25 at 01:49.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 13:13   Link #63
Abel-kun
The all seeing eye

Theres no way turn a culd beat devil?dak gundam because it wuld keep comeing bak due to the fact it can reincarnate. at best it wuld be a stale mate
Abel-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 15:12   Link #64
silencer.001
In a mobile suit behind u

Turn A and X have moonlight butterfly, which destroys all technology it comes into contact with, from telephones, to mobile suits, to nanomachines, which devil gundam is made up of, iirc, and there fore, bye bye devil gundam
Old 2007-03-23, 15:34   Link #65
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I highly doubt the God and Master Gundam, even with their hyper modes, can destroy an entire colony with 1 shot.

And, as mentioned, the Turn A and Turn X's Moonlight Butterfly can eat the Devil Gundam and any other Gundam alive really.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 17:50   Link #66
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

even so I guess you'd have to call it a tie between Turns A and X and wing zero due to the fact that zero has actually went through reentry while firirng at something that hadn't enter reentry yet, so one could assume that it could be percieved as space junk while taking out an unsuspecting target.
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 20:25   Link #67
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by supperrfreek View Post
even so I guess you'd have to call it a tie between Turns A and X and wing zero due to the fact that zero has actually went through reentry while firirng at something that hadn't enter reentry yet, so one could assume that it could be percieved as space junk while taking out an unsuspecting target.
Unfortunately, I have to disagree...the great gap of power between the Turn A and X compared to the Wing Gundam Zero is very apparent as you watch both suits in combat. Overall, the Turn A and X are in a much greater league than the Zero and pretty much a league of just them.

If you're now trying to base Wing Gundam Zero on the same level just by something like firing at space objects while re-entering the atmosphere, then you could also throw in the Cosmic Era Gundams into that mix since they're all just as capable of the same thing.

If things like them could do it, I have no doubt that the Turn A and X could do exactly the same thing and much more.
Old 2007-03-24, 11:09   Link #68
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
I highly doubt the God and Master Gundam, even with their hyper modes, can destroy an entire colony with 1 shot.

And, as mentioned, the Turn A and Turn X's Moonlight Butterfly can eat the Devil Gundam and any other Gundam alive really.
Technically, I think that even Double X destroyed the colony only with secondary explosions. I can't think of a single Gundam-mounted weapon that was capable of the feat as primary effect.

I don't think that the Moonlight Butterfly is a very effective weapon to use in a duel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supperrfreek
Reentry isn't really that difficult a feat, and firing while in the process of doing so isn't all that impressive.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have to disagree...the great gap of power between the Turn A and X compared to the Wing Gundam Zero is very apparent as you watch both suits in combat. Overall, the Turn A and X are in a much greater league than the Zero and pretty much a league of just them.
That's pretty much true. However, it should be noted that when you quantify Turn A and Turn X's feats, they're not necessarily overwhelmingly superior at any one thing over select mobile suits. But when you look at the overall picture, they definitely stand out.

Quote:
If you're now trying to base Wing Gundam Zero on the same level just by something like firing at space objects while re-entering the atmosphere, then you could also throw in the Cosmic Era Gundams into that mix since they're all just as capable of the same thing.
To be honest, the Cosmic Era is one of the most technologically advanced of the Gundam universes. Disregarding G Gundam, only late-era UC (long after Char's Counterattack) is anything close to being in the same league. As a side note, Turn A and Turn X are lost technologies, so they can't be used as a measure of advancement.
Old 2007-03-25, 02:05   Link #69
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So lost technology like ancient relics are far superior to the modern ages of Gundams eh?

Well If you watch the AMV's on youtube on Gundam Musou imho I think all Gundams have their advantages and disadvantages. Zero Wing disram the buster riffle there's no primary weapon, G-gundam is power and fighting dependant and has no long range weapon except the SEKIHATENKYOUKEN, Turn A's Sheild is powerfull and the moonlit butterfly may distrup and destroy technology, but i still the moonlight butterfly cannot effective weapon to use in a duel since if TurnA's opponents move faster and fights him before he starts it.

BUT REMEMBER DEVIL GUNDAM CAN EVOLVE!!! SO IT CAN ADAPT TO ANYTHING!!! AND IT CAN SELF-RESURECT!!! AND REGENRATE!!! Just remember it's 3 main powers it's still imho the most advance. Thank you Dr.Kashu and Kyoji.
Old 2007-03-25, 02:17   Link #70
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
So lost technology like ancient relics are far superior to the modern ages of Gundams eh?

Well If you watch the AMV's on youtube on Gundam Musou imho I think all Gundams have their advantages and disadvantages. Zero Wing disram the buster riffle there's no primary weapon, G-gundam is power and fighting dependant and has no long range weapon except the SEKIHATENKYOUKEN, Turn A's Sheild is powerfull and the moonlit butterfly may distrup and destroy technology, but i still the moonlight butterfly cannot effective weapon to use in a duel since if TurnA's opponents move faster and fights him before he starts it.

BUT REMEMBER DEVIL GUNDAM CAN EVOLVE!!! SO IT CAN ADAPT TO ANYTHING!!! AND IT CAN SELF-RESURECT!!! AND REGENRATE!!! Just remember it's 3 main powers it's still imho the most advance. Thank you Dr.Kashu and Kyoji.

Well, first of all...the Turn A and Turn X are actually MORE modern than any Gundam at the time...since, obviously, SEED and junk didn't exist.

And the Moonlight Butterfly, from what I've seen, DOESN'T require any serious charging or powering up to release unlike things like the Sekiha Tenkyoken, which require a (in G Gundam's timing) "long time" to charge up (gathering ki and all that). This hasn't been an issue considering such moves are saved for last while the opponent is doing the same. In any other situation, it looks like it can be very easily disrupted if attacked before it can be completed (DBZ has shown this quite often, lol).

So, even if the opponent is fast, they'd more than likely only be able to run, given the Turn A and X are very fast themselves. (whether or not they get any speed boosts from the Moonlight Butterfly is unknown) Obviously, there's no way to tell since Turn A and X never go up against any such things except eachother.

As for the Devil Gundam...while it may be able to regenerate, adapt and evolve, that's ASSUMING it is still alive to begin with. If it's wiped out completely like with Domon or, if it fought the Turn A, obliterated by the Moonlight Butterfly, there's no chance of it regenerating with ALL the cells dead (thus, also negating the usefulness of adaptation and evolving since...well...it doesn't exist anymore, lol)

I do agree, though, that a self-sustaining unit like that is advanced in itself, so it's definitely up near the top of the list.
Old 2007-03-25, 14:50   Link #71
Abel-kun
The all seeing eye

@RX-78GP04G Gerbera ur forgeting 1 thing, the onli way to defeat the devil/dark gundam is with the power of love and also as i stated b4 the DG also can control ppls minds and thus the Turn A/X pilot wuld be taken over. so the fight wuld b over almost instantly. even if somehow the pilot manages to stay sane u just cant beat a resurecting gundam.
Abel-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 14:54   Link #72
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel-kun View Post
@RX-78GP04G Gerbera ur forgeting 1 thing, the onli way to defeat the devil/dark gundam is with the power of love and also as i stated b4 the DG also can control ppls minds and thus the Turn A/X pilot wuld be taken over. so the fight wuld b over almost instantly. even if somehow the pilot manages to stay sane u just cant beat a resurecting gundam.
That whole "love" thing is mainly just a cliche thing.

And the DG Cells only control IF the person is actually infected with them. No chance of that with the Moonlight Butterfly obliterating every single one of them and, as I said, there's no way to resurrected if there is absolutely nothing left of it to regenerate.
Old 2007-03-25, 16:08   Link #73
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel-kun View Post
@RX-78GP04G Gerbera ur forgeting 1 thing, the onli way to defeat the devil/dark gundam is with the power of love
If brute force doesn't solve your problem.... you simply weren't using enough.

I agree with RX-78GP04G Gerbera on the matter - you can't regenerate if there is nothing left of you in the first place
Old 2007-03-25, 22:40   Link #74
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima
In Turn A? Absolutely. Even the Moon Kingdom doesn't have access to the better technologies from the Dark Age. As a side note, ancient Zakus were viable weapons against Dianna Counter forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima
A game is in no way an official representation of a mobile suit's capabilities. Therefore, it can't be used as evidence for anything.

In the end, Devil Gundam is fairly impressive, but only because of its rather remarkable DG cells. Mobile suits like Turn A have quite a bit more tricks up their sleeve. (By the way, Turn A can also regenerate using nanomachines)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel-kun
@RX-78GP04G Gerbera ur forgeting 1 thing, the onli way to defeat the devil/dark gundam is with the power of love
Actually, that shows the very opposite. It means that you don't have to destroy all of the DG cells to destroy Devil Gundam - you just have to destroy the core.

Quote:
And the Moonlight Butterfly, from what I've seen, DOESN'T require any serious charging or powering up to release unlike things like the Sekiha Tenkyoken, which require a (in G Gundam's timing) "long time" to charge up (gathering ki and all that). This hasn't been an issue considering such moves are saved for last while the opponent is doing the same. In any other situation, it looks like it can be very easily disrupted if attacked before it can be completed (DBZ has shown this quite often, lol).
To be honest, the Moonlight Butterfly used at the end of Turn A wasn't all that impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
If brute force doesn't solve your problem.... you simply weren't using enough.

I agree with RX-78GP04G Gerbera on the matter - you can't regenerate if there is nothing left of you in the first place
Right, and right again. It's always good to be suspicious whenever any device (or weapon, or whatever) is claimed to be only vulnerable to a single kind of attack. Generally, all it means is that they haven't tried using enough force. After all, we don't take it seriously when a villain claims that he's invincible, so why should we believe him just because he claims to be only vulnerable to X?
Old 2007-03-26, 08:35   Link #75
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just one thing about the Hyper mode of Master and God/Burning. Since it takes in KI energy from the pilot it's not technology from the mecha it's the pilots own power that drives it. So it can't be distrupted by any attack nor the moonlight butterfly since Domon and Master's Hyper mode acts as shielding remeber when they both fired the SKEIHATENKYOUKEN? And it's said it's a BAKUNETSU, SURE WIN MOVE!!! LOL Also Domon's GOD FINGER SEKIHATENKYOUKEN can grab a single gundam and crush it.

Still Devil/Dark FTW, if ever it's main core becomes an evil woman who want's to take over the world.
Old 2007-03-26, 15:38   Link #76
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Just one thing about the Hyper mode of Master and God/Burning. Since it takes in KI energy from the pilot it's not technology from the mecha it's the pilots own power that drives it. So it can't be distrupted by any attack nor the moonlight butterfly since Domon and Master's Hyper mode acts as shielding remeber when they both fired the SKEIHATENKYOUKEN? And it's said it's a BAKUNETSU, SURE WIN MOVE!!! LOL Also Domon's GOD FINGER SEKIHATENKYOUKEN can grab a single gundam and crush it.

Still Devil/Dark FTW, if ever it's main core becomes an evil woman who want's to take over the world.
But it still requires good enough technology to handle that power. If it were just any "normal" Mobile Suit, it'd probably implode from the energy coursing through it, so technology is not totally negated in Gundam Fighters.

And the Super/Hyper Mode is really only a "shield" against energy-type things. The Moonlight Butterfly is NOT energy, but just a bunch of nanomachines that make a very colorful display when all bunched together and spreading out.

And neither of their attacks are anywhere near "sure-win" moves either and the Bankotsu God Finger will only work IF he is actually able to grab the enemy in the first place. If it were any real decent Mobile Fighter competition rather than the typical "good guy almost always wins" type of thing, I'm certain most, if not all, opponents would be able to dodge it unless they get disabled by some other method. Otherwise, like the anime has shown, many fighters suddenly turn incompetent in the end or are "suddenly" taken by surprise and end up getting grabbed in a typical pattern.
Old 2007-03-26, 21:23   Link #77
4Tran

Quote:
Just one thing about the Hyper mode of Master and God/Burning. Since it takes in KI energy from the pilot it's not technology from the mecha it's the pilots own power that drives it.
I don't understand where you get the idea that just because a weapon isn't generated by a mobile suit that it's somehow impossible to defend against, but meh. If it's the ki energy that does the damage, and not God Gundam itself, then that means it's reasonable to categorize it as less advanced than otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
If it were any real decent Mobile Fighter competition rather than the typical "good guy almost always wins" type of thing, I'm certain most, if not all, opponents would be able to dodge it unless they get disabled by some other method.
Technically, if there were any decent Mobile Fighters, then they'd shoot the crap out of the heroes while they were busy posing and making speeches.
Old 2007-03-26, 21:37   Link #78
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Good point...

"This hand of mind glows with an awesome power. It's burning grip tells me to..."
"SHUT UP!!!!" *WHACK!!! SMACK!!!!! BOOM!!!!!*

XD
Old 2007-03-27, 09:19   Link #79
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well Domon speaks only those words whenever he's winning the fight BAKUNETSU!!! And when ever his in a pinch he concentrates and the hypermode acts like a field around him it never fails. GUNDAM!!!!

So it's cut down to 3

Loran has lost tecnology a relic that uses nano tech, Domon and Master has KI energy powered to the his gundam to make it nearly perform beyond it's capabilities, Devil regenerated, resurects and evolves.
Old 2007-03-27, 15:54   Link #80
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Well Domon speaks only those words whenever he's winning the fight BAKUNETSU!!! And when ever his in a pinch he concentrates and the hypermode acts like a field around him it never fails. GUNDAM!!!!

So it's cut down to 3

Loran has lost tecnology a relic that uses nano tech, Domon and Master has KI energy powered to the his gundam to make it nearly perform beyond it's capabilities, Devil regenerated, resurects and evolves.
It only never fails at that time, you mean...

Regardless, given the Turn A and Turn X have nano-technology like the Devil Gundam...and even people here say that it's one of the most advanced compared to the God/Master Gundam or the Wing Gundam Zero...that makes the Turn A and Turn X more advanced as well then.