AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-13, 15:42   Link #61
Aqua Knight

Good episodem but the scene when that braided-hair guy was crying over his mom with his dad was very condradicting. What shoulf you feel when you see it? Laughing or sympathize? Really confused about this one.
Old 2009-11-13, 15:43   Link #62
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I felt myself VERY sympatethic while I am laughting...I swear!
Old 2009-11-13, 16:12   Link #63
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Sou didn't go with that water contactor and fought back against her even though she remembered the rough times with Hei, shows that there is something making her want to stay with Hei instead of going with someone else. I liked the very end when Sou saw Yin's water soul thing and than she kicked the pole. That was really kawaii of Sou. great episode
Old 2009-11-13, 16:18   Link #64
orangejuicetang

I thought this was a pretty good episode. Although the bit with the car driving by just than and Hei hitching a ride was kinda hilarious.

At first, the mahou shoujo transformations annoyed me. This time, however, I found it funny just because of how out of place it was. Seriously, they need to quit that.

I guess I'm the only one who found the Suou kicking telephone pole thing kinda random.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-13, 16:20   Link #65
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
So when I saw that scene, it was moving, it also said to me: There is a future fat guy in there.

So it was a little bit of laughing.

Im surprised Yin is back so fast. Didnt they kill her off in episode 2 or 3? I dunno, but it seems they are using her for future doomsday scenarios for contractors, so eh.

The best part of the episode this week had to be Suou looking genuinely happy for once. It would seem they have warmed up a little bit. I wish someone would freeze her face after Hei said hed buy vegatables instead of booze, id use it as an avatar.
Old 2009-11-13, 16:24   Link #66
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just saw a Chinese sub and a couple more things became clear: first, Shinji103 is right and the one Hei thinks he wants to kill is Yin. That came out in his conversation with Madame Oreille, who said: "So you still say you want to kill that doll yourself?" And also when Suou asked Petya/Mao about Yin and was told she was a former friend who now had a "complicated history" with Hei.

But in addition, Hei is upset that Oreille knew everything and didn't tell him, and says he can't trust her and won't work with her again. That's when she says she feels the same since he has too much emotion, and still wants to kill the doll.

Second, the first "extra story" episode, which will be included in DVD2, is going to have a preview stream on the official site on Saturday at 2:25 AM (not sure if that means Friday night or Saturday night, lol; probably Friday). The four special episodes apparently tell the story of what happened between the two series, especially about an attack on Hei and Yin.

By the way, pretty amazing work from the Chinese fansub group Zhuzhu ("Piggy"), getting a sub out about 3.5 hours after the broadcast ended. And it seemed reasonable work, as far as I could check.

EDIT: I just posted in the image thread some of what I think are screencaps from the four new episodes about Hei and Yin. Makes them seen fairly intimate, although Yin still has a doll's distance in her eyes.
Watched the same thing but didn't get around to post it, but the Eng sub's out now.

There's so much Suou and Hei development this episode, though I have no idea where the plot comes from. I can understand about Suou being attached to Hei, but I don't get how Hei suddenly just went from a drunkard back to normal just because he got some information on Yin.

Also, what Yin did at the end was pretty sad, since Hei lost his contractor status (which is now confirmed by that woman in the sub) he can't see observational ghost.

I find myself having conflicted feelings about Suou kicking the telephone pole, I don't want my two favorite female cast fighting each other =(.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, it seems the anti-contractor weapon uses the contractor's own power against them (Hei with the electricity, and that mother with her water, so it is not because Yin's catalyst is water, but because water is the contracting ability, that the mother died from water). This means the anti-contractor weapon is designed to kill specifically instead of just making them lose their power.

I also find it intriguing if Yin deliberately kill the mother to protect Suou, or if someone's controlling Yin to kill the mother. I somehow don't think Yin will go that far, and if someone was controlling Yin, then it fits well with the Syndicate wanting to kill all the contractors (and made another weapon for that purpose). Like someone else mentioned, I wouldnt' be surprised Section 3's another Syndicate section. However, the mother should've still had her use, I don't know why would the Syndicate kill her off. I'm quite confused with her death now.

Either way, love the episode, probably best one so far (any episode with Yin auto gets + 100 bonus points). Love the insert song too.
Old 2009-11-13, 17:09   Link #67
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Excellent episode !

Obviously they have to show Yin soon , it was expected in the previous episode and just they are 12 episodes so , 6 episodes left

The soundtrack is great !
Mao is awesome XD
July is cute
More Hei x Suou development ^^ Suou who kick the pole , it was hilarious .

Wonder what happened to Norio's father to turn into a pedo .
Michiru's remuneration was to make cake lol? well RIP .

Look forward to the next !
Old 2009-11-13, 17:18   Link #68
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Either way, love the episode, probably best one so far (any episode with Yin auto gets + 100 bonus points). Love the insert song too.
Exactly... xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I also find it intriguing if Yin deliberately kill the mother to protect Suou, or if someone's controlling Yin to kill the mother. I somehow don't think Yin will go that far, and if someone was controlling Yin, then it fits well with the Syndicate wanting to kill all the contractors (and made another weapon for that purpose). Like someone else mentioned, I wouldnt' be surprised Section 3's another Syndicate section. However, the mother should've still had her use, I don't know why would the Syndicate kill her off. I'm quite confused with her death now.
I'm pretty sure that Yin killed Norio's mother b/c she wanted to protect Suou... or... Yin could have other reasons to do that... Anyway, I think, that Yin did that, because she WANTED to do that, no one was controlling her, and that's why, she didn't kill Hei in ep 2 (you know, that weapon, I think, it was somehow connected to Yin)...
I mean something happened, when they were trying to kill Hei in that ep -
Hei didn't die, he just have lost his powers, so... maybe... Yin saved him somehow? They couldn't kill him b/c Yin didn't want to do that?
So my point is, that they can't control Yin in 100%
She is anti-contractor weapon, but she have got her own will...

Or something like that... xP

Sorry for my bad English...

Last edited by Chidori<3; 2009-11-13 at 17:38. Reason: mistaaaake
Old 2009-11-13, 17:39   Link #69
anomono

q
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I thought this was a I guess I'm the only one who found the Suou kicking telephone pole thing kinda random.
Others seem to think that it was motivated by jealousy, but I doubt that Suou would do something like that over jealousy alone.

It was probably (at least in part) anger. Yin mercilessly killed someone right before her, and however she tries to act, it is clear that she still cares about that sort of thing. Not only that, she witnessed the aftermath with Norio.

Aside from that, was anyone else disappointed by Hei's fight? Maybe if he had kicked that guy in the face instead, it would have been more effective. Also, that mirror should have broken off!
Old 2009-11-13, 17:57   Link #70
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Very good episode.

The Norio family situation shows that could happen when there is a contract in the family or when you know one. Because the situation contractors are put into they could die any second; I just hope this isn't foreshadowing the fate of Hei or Suou.

I do find something interesting though, the fact that Suou addresses herself using "boku" which is usually what what boys at that age start to use. I find it interesting because just two episodes ago she said she's a woman and now she wonders what it is to like someone. On a related note, I wonder if Suou kicking the pole/Yin is a her way to declare her territory.

*I love how Suou gets different clothe. We get to see her in a uniform next week! Woot!
Old 2009-11-13, 18:24   Link #71
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I have to wonder, why doesn't Hei have a knife?

He could've killed truckman so easily with just a plastic knife, or anything even remotely sharp. Truckman didn't even try to block Hei's kick; so I'd have to say it would've been feasible for Hei to have gouged out the dude's eyes a bit.
Old 2009-11-13, 18:24   Link #72
McMilk
*Artist

This episode deserves 10/10 with the appearance of Yin itself

Just kidding. Great action as always... and it was kind of sad to see Norio's mom pass away so quickly, she could've stayed a bit longer to show off her water abilities. Though, I couldn't stop laughing when he and his father were crying . It was also nice to see more Hei and Suou development, and I agree with JackRydden224: she finally changes clothing!

But why doesn't it surprise me when we find out that Hei lost his contractor abilities and was unable to see Yin? I think I was kind of expecting something like this...
Old 2009-11-13, 18:28   Link #73
orangejuicetang

Actually, watching the scene where Suou kicks the pole again, the feeling I get is more that she's just acknowledging that Yin was there rather than any particular feelings of jealousy or anger.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-13, 18:29   Link #74
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

GIVE HEI HIS POWERS BACK!!!

Maaan, anyone else missing him owning shit left right and center? It just isn't the same w/o BK-201 being true bad ass.

And looks like new girl doesn't like the Yin apparition...hmm...
Old 2009-11-13, 18:32   Link #75
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Actually, watching the scene where Suou kicks the pole again, the feeling I get is more that she's just acknowledging that Yin was there rather than any particular feelings of jealousy or anger.
It's more like a foreshadowing about future events, she may have not developed those kinds of feelings yet, but we've all seen it before; we all can see it coming again.
Old 2009-11-13, 18:44   Link #76
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Hei will definitely get his powers back because Suou isn't going to shoot anymore. I think it's a simple matter of somebody from that party has to do the hitting. Also, this is a show about contractors amongst other things so what's the point when none of the protagonists use their powers

I really do think that Suou is in the process of developing feelings for Hei but as she has clearly stated herself she really doesn't know what it is like. There is a clear stage in their relationship in this episode. Hei called Suou by her name which she appreciated, him cooking and taking advice from her and actually allowing her to go with him to shop.
Old 2009-11-13, 18:48   Link #77
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

We can't stop here, this is Batman country.

Bwahaha, way to go, Mao.

Don't drink anymore, Daddy. I'll be good, I promise! ;_;

But did you have to leave your brother behind? Hang in there July! ;_;

Take, eat; this is her body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of her.

Whatever she meant by it, that it could be taken to be a fit of jealousy is cute.
Old 2009-11-13, 18:52   Link #78
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It's more like a foreshadowing about future events, she may have not developed those kinds of feelings yet, but we've all seen it before; we all can see it coming again.
Actually, re-watching it again. She doesn't even know what Yin looks like, how the hell does she know if that ghost want to hug Hei or want to attack him. Hell, does she even know what observational ghost is? And speaking of which, Yin's medium's water, why would kicking the telephone pole do anything and how did she come out in the first place (there are like super tiny amount of snow next to the pole that's it). Maybe she's just kicking the pole to make sure that thing doesn't bug Hei again or something.
Old 2009-11-13, 18:54   Link #79
tsukimoto

Hei without powers D: not cool. Not cool at all. But that doesn't matter because Yin finally appeared

izanami = yin, izanagi = suou/shion?
Old 2009-11-13, 19:31   Link #80
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Good episode. I always thought Amber was Hei's 'woman' in the past.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Closed Thread