AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 3 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 19.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.76%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-15, 11:24   Link #41
Anime Online

I don't agree to the idea of adding Madoka to the harem. There's already too many members in the harem and the anime can't seem to differentiate them. They get the same jealous fits and act the same way, say the same things. Charlotte had some individuality in season 1, but she began acting more and more like the others as season 2 progresses.

The anime added Kanzashi to the harem mix, but it doesn't seem to know what to do with her. She isn't added in because there is a niche that she can fill, but it seems she's just added in because the story had nothing better to do.
Old 2013-12-15, 12:47   Link #42
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I don't agree to the idea of adding Madoka to the harem. There's already too many members in the harem and the anime can't seem to differentiate them. They get the same jealous fits and act the same way, say the same things. Charlotte had some individuality in season 1, but she began acting more and more like the others as season 2 progresses.

The anime added Kanzashi to the harem mix, but it doesn't seem to know what to do with her. She isn't added in because there is a niche that she can fill, but it seems she's just added in because the story had nothing better to do.
well why not... its the last episode so there wont be much space to introduce her like the other girls.... so we can just add her to the orimura family and the last picture... she wont change like that instantly... maybe later at the end she will add ichikas picture to her locket (as family) along with chifuyu's picture

I guess the problem of season 2 is that they tried to squeeze all volumes into those 12episodes and it made a huge mess of it.... no space for individuality of the girls ;/

but generally the whole school might be considered harem candidates at least ichikas classmates xD

well 1episode wont change much... but maybe they would make an ova of madoka moving in to the orimura house or new life in the school grounds and trying to get used to it.... maybe im just tired of all those same girls... and its annoying already since the whole season2 is pushing houki as the final girl and that only she has some difference in personality and acting compared to other girls

few days and we will see how the studio plans to end this season (and by looking on how bad this went I doubt they will do season3)
Old 2013-12-15, 23:20   Link #43
DarkJak2050

It's official, I can't use this for my fic.

There is a thread in the General Anime section named "Most Disappointing Anime of 2013". With how the anime went as a whole, I guess it's okay to have Infinite Stratos 2 as one of the disappointment(s) of this year.
Old 2013-12-17, 16:04   Link #44
Preciize
Them Feels~

I don't think I've seen a MC more dense than Ichika xD Laura's little fantasy of the wagashi was adorable Anyways, I didn't know the trip was at Ichika and Houki's old home.

I feel like next episode is going to be rushed. I don't read the LN but it seems like a lot is going on and I don't know how they're to get it all in on one episode without cutting some parts out and squeezing things together. But I hope we at least get to see Chifuyu in action next episode. I've been waiting to see her fight since forever :S
Old 2013-12-17, 16:11   Link #45
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post

I disagree, the show would be better had we had Madoka kill off 5 of the 7 girls (with Kanzashi and Tatenashi surviving, seeing as they haven't fallen into the Y-virus for no apparent reason).
Kanzashi was a bit of season 1 Charlotte with a bit of an inferiority complex, which served as a parallel to Houki. So no, she stays.

Tatenashi, Zero would disagree with me, was used mostly as a plot device to expand that there is more to the plot than JUST IS academy, with Phantom Task being the Sarashiki's primary foe. And also, she trolls the cast, as expected of most student council charas.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2013-12-17 at 16:50.
Old 2013-12-17, 16:44   Link #46
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Man this season has got less fight than season 1 but much more funnier than ever.
Old 2013-12-18, 09:26   Link #47
tripleshift

Tatenashi is literally the only thing stopping this season from becoming garbage. ._. It's as though this season is a gigantic "screw you" sign from the fanbase and TBS to Yumizuru for not giving a damn about IS at all. Mutilating half of the given LN content (yeah Vol6 didn't exist at all and Vol8 had literally only the opening and ending used) and dumping in anime-original content seems like an excellent solution LOL

I'm not surprised that the production staff had to do something like this though. V7 would've been perfect as a place to round everything up, but then you wouldn't have enough content for an anime. Adding just V8 would've been weird though...

Spoiler for novel comparison:

honestly, i'm actually looking forward to the finale, because the more i watch this, the more my mind is going "wow this is just a gigantic middle finger pointing at yumizuru's face"
Old 2013-12-18, 11:41   Link #48
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleshift View Post
Tatenashi is literally the only thing stopping this season from becoming garbage. ._. It's as though this season is a gigantic "screw you" sign from the fanbase and TBS to Yumizuru for not giving a damn about IS at all. Mutilating half of the given LN content (yeah Vol6 didn't exist at all and Vol8 had literally only the opening and ending used) and dumping in anime-original content seems like an excellent solution LOL

I'm not surprised that the production staff had to do something like this though. V7 would've been perfect as a place to round everything up, but then you wouldn't have enough content for an anime. Adding just V8 would've been weird though...

Spoiler for novel comparison:

honestly, i'm actually looking forward to the finale, because the more i watch this, the more my mind is going "wow this is just a gigantic middle finger pointing at yumizuru's face"
They had more than enough content, it's the director's fault for not using said material, instead we got more stupid harem antics.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-12-19, 02:24   Link #49
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Disregarding all the idiot moments from Ichika's thickheadedness to the girls fawning over him, the trip was enjoyable since I got to watch a very tender Houki x Ichika moment between the two of them alone and with no interruptions. Then, finally, Phantom Task's Squall enters the fray, and an ensuing battle is about to erupt.
Closed Thread