AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-04-27, 21:42   Link #2841
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Except she's NOT. Those bandages aren't for show. If she indeed has the power to cancel out quirks it standis to reason that a quirk cannot be used on her. If it could OH would just fix her up every time he takes cells. He's obviously not doing that since her arms are filled with scars and has no reason not to do that unless he can't.
You're assuming he doesn't do that regularly. You could be right, but for all we know, he can, but with difficulty, and she escaped between scheduled "healings". Her arms are covered in bandages. We don't know whether those are covering scars, or open wounds, or octopus suckers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
I believe Hero HQ would serve this purpose, we need to get a bit infodump regarding this organization.
Planetary/Intergalactic threat would be great, if you read my past posts then you know how i am so wanted Kohei will introduce cosmic hero. He probably will introduce villain from space in Deku second year when chapter reached 200 chapter or something.
Way too soon for anything like that. We just started running into Quirk holders from other schools and upper classes. We haven't even met any foreign heroes. Given how much of a westaboo the author is, introducing those is going to involve at least a major arc.
Old 2017-04-28, 10:51   Link #2842
Slayerx

Quote:
Well, it's matter of perspective in the end.
For me i wanted cosmic hero to be introduced because there are great untapped potential to release in that part and for personal reason i loves sci-fi space theme.
Marvel space heroes succeed to entertained me with their cosmic story "Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity war, Annihilation war and so on".
Therefore when i heard Kohei based Boku no hero from western comic i couldn't restrained myself to put a hope he will add cosmic story someday.
Ya i don't really want to see this series start with aliens. Really adding aliens just adds like a quagmire of possibilities that would be difficult to handle; so many things to cover; Alien biology, civilizations, technology; so much to account for, so many places to trip up and open yourself up to contradictions. Its not something you want to carelessly rush into and just throw in just for the sake of it. Also i feel like My Hero Academia has yet to even tap into the full potential of its own world. I feel like the series has only just barely scratched the surface of the possibilities you can get in a world filled with super powered people. Adventures involving space and aliens would only end up distracting from the development of a world that's already rich with possibilities.
Old 2017-04-28, 14:20   Link #2843
ellifeedn
Thinker

Did you guys see the covers Horikoshi (MHA) and Tabata (Black Clover) did of each other's series?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 09:05   Link #2844
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Way too soon for anything like that. We just started running into Quirk holders from other schools and upper classes. We haven't even met any foreign heroes. Given how much of a westaboo the author is, introducing those is going to involve at least a major arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya i don't really want to see this series start with aliens. Really adding aliens just adds like a quagmire of possibilities that would be difficult to handle; so many things to cover; Alien biology, civilizations, technology; so much to account for, so many places to trip up and open yourself up to contradictions. Its not something you want to carelessly rush into and just throw in just for the sake of it. Also i feel like My Hero Academia has yet to even tap into the full potential of its own world. I feel like the series has only just barely scratched the surface of the possibilities you can get in a world filled with super powered people. Adventures involving space and aliens would only end up distracting from the development of a world that's already rich with possibilities.
Yours worry because you affiliated it to current series which on growing relatively. Think bigger again!! outer space not necessary to be affiliated with current main title they could hold distinctly on different spin off with different lead protagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Did you guys see the covers Horikoshi (MHA) and Tabata (Black Clover) did of each other's series?
Why you bring out that nightmare
Spoiler for Say hello to ReallyNOTUraraka:
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 09:12   Link #2845
LevelSeven

Quote:
Why you bring out that nightmare
Spoiler for Say hello to ReallyNOTUraraka:
they actually look quite good,

tabata obviously included his own way or creating faces into the designs but all in all they look quite amazing,

i exspecially like deku he looks way angrier than most panels of the manga
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 09:42   Link #2846
Darius Drake

^ It takes some of the most central characters in Boku No Hero and makes it, and them, look like almost literally every other shonen story, right down to the teenage girl with large-for-an-adult sized breasts. And, remember, Uraraka's breasts are much smaller in the actual comic, so it's probable that this "version" of her would, in the stereotypical shonen story, end up upset at her sexiness not being enough due to breasts being too small, despite the fact that they are, as I have said before, large even for an adult woman. Seriously, those things should be half hidden by her clothes and the odd, nearly 180 degree spine twist thing she has going on, and they're still massive. (There's this thing, it's called a SPINE. It runs up the centre of a human's back and is one of the main stabilising points of their entire body. It is not supposed to twist so that the top is facing the opposite direction to the bottom.)

Then there's the expressions. The male three, fine. I can, begrudgingly, accept them. Deku's face is angry-determined (which is rare, but happens... for short periods of time, often just before he hurts himself), Bakugo's face is practically-a-villainous-scowl (which suits how outsiders seem to see him, but not who he is. Honestly, he'd be more in character if he had berserker-like-rage expression), and Todoroki's face is every-emo-male-lead-ever (which he kind of started as, but has since started facing his problems. I'd prefer a depressed expression from him). Okay, fine. Uraraka's, however, seems like full-on-ditz and that's not who she is. This is reinforced by her doing jazz-hands while walking and looking behind herself, and the fact that she's, for some reason, wearing pink shoes that don't go with the school uniform.

Yeah, I have to agree, that's Really Not Uraraka.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 10:19   Link #2847
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
Yeah, I have to agree, that's Really Not Uraraka.
well that is the point,

it is uraraka made by another artist, of course it wont be a copy,
its only natural that certain parts of the artists way of drawing will influence the character, just look at this:
Spoiler for drawing NNT and FT:
Old 2017-04-29, 10:31   Link #2848
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Was Nakaba joking?
Kind-hearted Mashima??? pffffft
ooohhh wait only kind-hearted person would draw "very fairy tale" manga.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 19:41   Link #2849
ellifeedn
Thinker

You didn't include the Black Clover cover to compare?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 02:01   Link #2850
LevelSeven

^this is a BNHA thread afterall
Old 2017-04-30, 02:27   Link #2851
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
well that is the point,

it is uraraka made by another artist, of course it wont be a copy,
its only natural that certain parts of the artists way of drawing will influence the character, just look at this:
Spoiler for drawing NNT and FT:
I must once again say that Mashima makes women look like pure sex
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 02:35   Link #2852
LevelSeven

^through to be fair, i cant remember seeing such drawings in Rave Master

anyway, on-topic,

who thinks that the drug will ever become permanent? and if so, who thinks it is a good/bad idea?

i personally think that it is a bad idea if the drug becomes permanent,
quirks are supposed to be inherent and with the exception of the big evil of the entire story nobody should be able to take them away,

negating or temporary shutting them down is good and gives the villians a way of fighting back but taking them away permanently would just make quirks makes them "cheap" imo,

they are supposed to be parts of the humans body, i wouldnt want them to suddenly just be some more different version of what the sharingan became in the laterparts of the story (aka "give/take them however you like, cheap power ups")...
Old 2017-04-30, 06:27   Link #2853
Darius Drake

^ Well, that depends on how you look at it. Being able to "take them away permanently" from an individual doesn't necessarily mean that the quirk can no longer be inherited. Quirks are, basically, an "additional" bodily function in BNHA. This means that if the quirk "removal" drug just doesn't affect their DNA, the quirks would still be inherited. And, while the drug's "damaging" to a quirk, if it's more like a broken limb than a lost limb it's possible that a medical solution could/would eventually be found.

And, honestly, while there could be story problems if the drug becomes permanent, it honestly sounds at the moment that being affected by the drug would cause the permanent loss of one's ability to use their Quirk (in other words, they, essentially, lose their Quirk, but it may still be able to be inherited). As for All For One, I honestly see him returning to become a major villain as a potentially more problematic issue than this drug gaining the ability to become permanent, story wise, at least. All For One isn't Deku's Villain, he's All Mights. Deku's Villain is, primarily, the Head of the Villain Alliance.

As for the potential of "take them away, but get to get them back again", I don't see this author "returning" a damaged quirk for free. Let's say that a quirk is damaged to the point of permanent loss. But a medical solution to this problem is found! Yay, the person who lost their quirk can recover it, right? Not certainly, and definitely not quickly. See the character who loses their quirk would likely be one of the earliest, if not the earliest, people to lose their quirk in this fashion. This means that, if the damaged part of their quirk healed itself in any way, it probably didn't happen correctly or well (think bones healing wrong, or a scab that, due to the shape of the wound, never fully heals properly. That's what's happening with their quirk). Additionally, even if their quirk's "healed", that doesn't mean that it's back to 100%. No, they have to go through rehab to recover their quirk.

Basically, I can see this drug becoming permanent ending up as a BIG deal that, to a certain (probably major) extent changes the rules of "heroing". One that raises the stakes and raises the value of defensive quirks, while simultaneously bringing the importance of bravery of heros back into heroism. Because, as we have seen, many heros, even, or particularly, professional heros, don't like running into fights they may not win if they can stand back and let someone else do it. In essence, what bringing this Quirk-Damaging Drug into play can do is make Stain's desired result (the active heros having to actually be HERO'S, instead of members of Police SWAT who are more concerned about their image or safety than helping people) closer to a reality.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 13:33   Link #2854
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^through to be fair, i cant remember seeing such drawings in Rave Master

anyway, on-topic,

who thinks that the drug will ever become permanent? and if so, who thinks it is a good/bad idea?

i personally think that it is a bad idea if the drug becomes permanent,
quirks are supposed to be inherent and with the exception of the big evil of the entire story nobody should be able to take them away,

negating or temporary shutting them down is good and gives the villians a way of fighting back but taking them away permanently would just make quirks makes them "cheap" imo,

they are supposed to be parts of the humans body, i wouldnt want them to suddenly just be some more different version of what the sharingan became in the laterparts of the story (aka "give/take them however you like, cheap power ups")...
Well it wouldn't really make quirks much different than a lot of natural human features that can be damaged. People can go blind, become deaf, become paralyzed, suffer brain damage and all kinds of terrible conditions that would take away their natural abilities. And really we have already seen quirks get taken away; being able to take away someone's quirk was All for One's whole deal. All overhaul is doing is finding another way of doing it; his just involves a bit more science (It uses his own quirk with Eri's and is weaponized it for others to use)

I would add though that taking away quirk's with a drug may begin and end with overhaul. Since the drug seems to require specific quirks in order to create it, the supply will be gone once overhaul has been stopped. Granted some threat might sill be present with the few bullets that managed to stay in circulation, but those will eventually run out aswell.
Old 2017-05-02, 06:03   Link #2855
Sixth
Hu Tao

Eng chapter 136 is out. Fast chapter for this week.

Deku's pimp hand is strong. Just for a few seconds, and the girl is now can't stop thinking of Deku.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 07:15   Link #2856
LevelSeven

Ch136

I cant gwt invested intp the current arc at all, i KNOW that deku will survive, im not really interested in any of the chars of thos arc personality wise so even if they die it wont really make me feel anything

Exspecially the loli, it is such a easy way of telling a story, create a girl out of nowhere who has difficult circumstances and than make the reader fell for her -_-

Anyway, nice to have a real explanation about nighteyes powers...

All in all i cant wait to see the quirks of the people
Old 2017-05-02, 11:01   Link #2857
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

go save the loli, Deku... I can see her as your harem member already

Nighteye looks so strong and cold at first but he is actually got his own paranoia... it is not a weakness though.. he just already went through a lot of stuffs
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 13:15   Link #2858
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well, let's go save a kid. Having a victim being used at the core of this allows it to be a rescue mission and not simply a fight to stomp out some villains. And can feel for someone born with a quirk like that and being used through disgusting means as a weapon. Not unusual in the sense that there is someone needing saving. It's a story about Deku becoming a hero, that kind of thing is going to happen. An important step on Deku's journey, but really for a lot of the younger characters in this thing. They get to go out there and do something.

And I did like the moment with Aizawa and Deku. Showing in his own way his concern for his students. I can totally believe he wanted to take them off this when the League of Villains entered the picture. A very dangerous bunch there. And I do understand him wanting Deku to work within the rules and not simply rush off on his own. Keep him in sight so he can be pulled back if he's at risk.

Not going to be a safe trip that's for sure. Decent chance Mr. "Read my future" won't make it. But maybe also Nighteye himself? Have to imagine at some point or another he's checked out his own future if that is possible to do so.
Old 2017-05-02, 18:30   Link #2859
marvelB

Nice, early chapter! Anyway, looks like there's a bit more to Nighteye's quirk than meets the eye (er, no pun intended, heh). I also really liked that moment between Deku and Aizawa. Teacher's got his student's back and all that. Meanwhile, poor Eri is being held prisoner by those scary villains. One can only imagine what Overhaul has put that girl through (with a mind that's not in the gutter, of course )....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 06:24   Link #2860
Random14

Even if it was only for a minute, Deku's already had a good influence on her. He'll probably need to be there to give her the courage to run away or something like that, I half expect.

Eraserhead is smart, better to keep Deku in sight. Even if he told them all to go home, they'd probably just sneak out again. Nice to get more background on Nighteye's ability, details like this keep it from being overpowered. As well as his appraisal of Deku- All Might is admirable of course, but Nighteye doesn't want to see him rush towards his death either. Madness puts it well, the craziness inherent in wanting to be a superhero, to challenge everything in the world to save lives.

So wonder if Deku will just happen to be assigned to the right location by random chance or not.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot