AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-20, 20:44   Link #201
TJR

Context is important. From the quote, there is no direct evidence of on-going involvement since elaboration can certainly place over a couple planning sessions as they review Ubukata's framework. That's as little as a few hours of discussion.

We can throw around verbs like "refining", "perfecting", or "finalizing", but at the end of the day, they don't tell us much of anything (polishing what aspect? The story outline? The series composition? All the episode scripts?). In this case, Shiotani is tackling the question rather delicately.....there's assurance that Urobuchi provided guidance as they shaped the story, but there are no specific promises of close involvement.
Old 2014-10-21, 03:55   Link #202
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Yes, context is important, and other interviews have provided a general overview. First, Shiotani and Ubukata discussed ideas over several meetings (spanning a few weeks, perhaps) at Japanese pubs (izakayas), resulting in the themes and the basic story outline. After that, Gen was involved at pretty much two stages: one being what Shiotani mentioned in his interview, where they took that basic story outline and framework and worked it into the world of Psycho-Pass (NB: the phrase 練って練って is also important, because doubling up on words indicates that a fair amount of effort is put into this stage.). And the second, at a meeting (or meetings) about developing the scripts where, besides the supervisory role, he did also put out some ideas. These two stages probably spanned at least a few weeks too, if not more. Ubukata was the one who took notes, which he then used to iron out the series composition (sources: interviews I've read, and a detailed summary of this kind of information from 2ch).

I’ve seen people suggesting that ‘Gen is removing himself from all responsibility for what goes wrong’ in PP2. But he was just saying he’s not involved to the extent that some people might assume he is (i.e. being responsible for the overall plot who lives or dies; that’ll be Ubukata and Shiotani). At the same time, it’s not like he had no creative input, which is what some of you are suggesting. We don't know exactly what he contributed: just that he's not responsible for whoever dies.

And the reason I say he has ongoing involvement - though by this stage in a far more ‘supervisory role’ - is that he's still involved in the world of Psycho-Pass, definitely more so than he is involved in the world of A/Z. Even if they are still using his basic outline and setting in the latter, that story seems to be evolving without him, whilst at the very least, since he’s also working with Shiotani on the Psycho-Pass film, I think he'd be kept in the loop of what's happening in the PP franchise.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-10-21 at 11:55.
Old 2014-11-08, 09:35   Link #203
tuckersister

Akane's CC is amazingly low. I still her experience with Shougo Makishima make be the cause of it. I just hope her CC doesn't hit 0 (she would end up somewhat like Makishima).
Old 2014-11-09, 16:53   Link #204
Irenesharda

New PV has been added. Features pretty much everything up to now and a little more.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-11-16, 10:06   Link #205
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Anybody else try this?

I entered my real name into it and got "Crime Coefficient: 61; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked."

Not bad. That's actually about what I'd expect my CC to be.
Old 2014-11-16, 11:24   Link #206
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Anybody else try this?

I entered my real name into it and got "Crime Coefficient: 61; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked."

I got a ''Crime Coefficient: 2; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.''

Am i criminally asymptomatic or something?
Old 2014-11-16, 12:57   Link #207
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

Quote:
Anybody else try this?

I got: Crime Coefficient: 46; registered Inspector. The trigger has been locked.
Old 2014-11-16, 14:31   Link #208
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
I got a ''Crime Coefficient: 2; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.''

Am i criminally asymptomatic or something?
If so, it probably fits your avatar well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadek View Post
I got: Crime Coefficient: 46; registered Inspector. The trigger has been locked.
And now I'm glad we have low scores.

I tried this using some of the names of my favorite anime characters. Here are the results from lowest score to highest score...

Sayaka Miki's Crime Coefficient: 50; not an arrest TARGET.../ERROR/ ... Lethal Eliminator enabled. /// Apparently Sibyl wants Sayaka dead even though Sayaka isn't a criminal.

Haruhi Suzumiya's Crime Coefficient: 65; registered Inspector. The trigger has been locked. /// Now this is a scary idea...

Nanoha Takamachi's Crime Coefficient: 99; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked. /// Sounds about right for The Befriender. Just below the line of criminality, where she probably likes it.

Honoka Kousaka's Crime Coefficient: 190; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target. /// What the heck did you do, Honoka?!

Katsuhiko Jinnai's Crime Coefficient: 404; Destroy Decomposer enabled. Take caution and destroy the target. /// Very fitting that the only actual villain I tested ended up with a result that a villain could be proud of.
Old 2014-11-16, 15:20   Link #209
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

That's a great idea.

Light Yagami's Crime Coefficient: 365; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill the target.//I thought it would be higher

Haruko Haruhara's Crime Coefficient: 404; Destroy Decomposer enabled. Take caution and destroy the target.//rofl

Madoka Kaname's Crime Coefficient: 299; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.//WTF!!!

Kyouko Sakura's Crime Coefficient: 100; not an arrest TARGET.../OVERRIDE/ ... Destroy Decomposer enabled.//The Sybil system really hates madoka magica.

Vash the Stampede's Crime Coefficient: 85; registered Inspector. The trigger has been locked.//I would love to see that crossover.
Old 2014-11-16, 18:48   Link #210
desrtsku
Nympholept

desrtsku's Crime Coefficient: 32; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.

Interesting, played around putting some random names.
Quote:
Kamijou Touma's Crime Coefficient: 5; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.
Drag Guildy's Crime Coefficient: 22; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.
Nishimiya Shouko's Crime Coefficient: 170; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
Tsunemori Akane's Crime Coefficient: 200; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
Togane Sakuya's Crime Coefficient: 404; Destroy Decomposer enabled. Take caution and destroy the target.
Mitsuka Souji's Crime Coefficient: 450; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill the target.
Yep, I thought as much. They need to swamp some things around.
Quote:
Aleister Crowley's Crime Coefficient: 9000; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill the target.
Oh, ...
Old 2014-11-16, 19:06   Link #211
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Interesting, played around putting some random names.

Yep, I thought as much. They need to swamp some things around.

Aleister Crowley's Crime Coefficient: 9000; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill the target.

Oh, ...

Poor guy. He came so close to warranting a Vegeta scouter destruction! Still, it shows that a certain LN franchise has a very worthy main villain.

One of my friends is a big Sayaka Miki fan, and tried this out, much to his amusement...

Hitomi Shizuki's Crime Coefficient: 404; Destroy Decomposer enabled. Take caution and destroy the target.
Old 2014-11-17, 00:19   Link #212
Wandering Soul

I got Crime Coefficient 130; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target

Lelouch's Crime Coefficient: 0; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.( That's a surprise)

Kira Yamato's Crime Coefficient: 225; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.( Guess even being the ultimate coordinator can't help Kira)

Accelerator's Crime Coefficient: 125; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.(Good luck trying to shoot him)

Kirito's Crime Coefficient: 200; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.( That's Kirito thanks for saving everyone in SAO)

Tatsuya Shiba's Crime Coefficient: 23; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.( Damn even the Sibyl System won't mess with Oni Sama)

Last edited by Wandering Soul; 2014-11-17 at 01:00.
Old 2014-11-17, 06:11   Link #213
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post

Lelouch's Crime Coefficient: 0; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.( That's a surprise)
Maybe he used his Geass on one of the Sibyl people.

Quote:
Kirito's Crime Coefficient: 200; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.( That's Kirito thanks for saving everyone in SAO)
I can honestly see this given how guilt-ridden Kirito can seem at times.

Quote:

Tatsuya Shiba's Crime Coefficient: 23; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.( Damn even the Sibyl System won't mess with Oni Sama)
I can also see this. I can easily imagine Tatsuya being a criminally asymptomatic person.
Old 2014-11-17, 07:05   Link #214
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Fascinating. I wonder how it is with the other characters.
Quote:
C.C's Crime Coefficient: 31; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.
Leila Malkal's Crime Coefficient: 125; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
Nunnally's Crime Coefficient: 235; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
Wait, I'm trying to hold down my laughter right now.

Quote:
Kururugi Suzaku's Crime Coefficient: 300; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill the target.
Hyuga Akito's Crime Coefficient: 435; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill the target.
Kouzuki Kallen's Crime Coefficient: 495; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill the target.
Hahaha!

Quote:
Alsiel's Crime Coefficient: 0; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.
Maou Satan's Crime Coefficient: 61; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.
Emilia Justina's Crime Coefficient: 100; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
Sasaki Chiho's Crime Coefficient: 185; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.

Tachibana kanade's Crime Coefficient: 0; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.
Tenshi's Crime Coefficient: 9; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.
Otonashi Yuzuru's Crime Coefficient: 299; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
This is fantastic, I haven't laughed this much in a while.

Quote:
Azazel's Crime Coefficient: 0; registered Inspector. The trigger has been locked.
Akutabe's Crime Coefficient: 135; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
Belzebub's Crime Coefficient: 200; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
Sakuma Rinko's Crime Coefficient: 245; Non-Lethal Paralyzer enabled. Calmly shoot to capture the target.
Pff-hehehe.
Quote:
My Neighbor's Crime Coefficient: 9000; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill the target.
This is too much, I'm both figuratively and literally dying.
Old 2014-11-19, 21:43   Link #215
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Anybody else try this?

I got this response....

Quote:
orion's Crime Coefficient: 51; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.
Old 2014-11-22, 16:43   Link #216
kona~chan
ヘタレ

gen urobuchi's Crime Coefficient: 0; not an arrest target. The trigger has been locked.

omg

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
Old 2014-11-23, 17:05   Link #217
desrtsku
Nympholept

desrtsku's Crime Coefficient: 404; Destroy Decomposer enabled.

The result indeed changes everyday. You can almost use it as some sort of horoscope or something.
Apparently, I've become a dangerous criminal now, watch out for your clear hues guys.

Quote:
Tatsumi's Crime Coefficient: 0; not an arrest TARGET.../OVERRIDE/ ... Lethal Eliminator enabled.
Damn asymptomatic psychos are everywhere now.
Old 2014-11-27, 21:18   Link #218
tuckersister

I still think Kogami will make a cameo in the anime and will confront Mika off screen.
Closed Thread