AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-10, 07:39   Link #61
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Question: didnt frederica already did the box A box B with the sweet thing in TIPS?
In rei, did rena do the exact same thing on rika?
Old 2008-08-10, 08:34   Link #62
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
Question: didnt frederica already did the box A box B with the sweet thing in TIPS?
In rei, did rena do the exact same thing on rika?
Not quite. The version in the TIPS had gum in one box and candy in the other. The one in Rei had one candy in one and two in the other. Unlike Frederica's scenario, one was clearly better than the other.
Old 2008-11-20, 10:39   Link #63
Keriaku
Thought Being

So, any word on the patch that was gonna happen?

And just for clarification, is this translation just for saikoroshi-hen or the other parts of Rei as well?
Old 2008-11-20, 15:47   Link #64
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
So, any word on the patch that was gonna happen?

And just for clarification, is this translation just for saikoroshi-hen or the other parts of Rei as well?
What has been posted here consisted solely of Saikoroshi-hen.
Old 2008-11-20, 16:29   Link #65
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

The other parts are good but they are just comedy side stories (Higurashi Daybreak novel version and other chapter I forgot the name).

My intention was just to provide the epilogue of the story to those who liked the series and followed the 2 seasons anime.
I don't remember anymore but I think I decided to do it, before the OAV's were announced, because we didn't know if Rei would ever be animated.

As for the patch,
Forget it.
Just follow along with the txt files.
The translation is not worth of a patch anyway.
Old 2008-11-20, 22:31   Link #66
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
As for the patch,
Forget it.
Just follow along with the txt files.
The translation is not worth of a patch anyway.
I don't think so. At least you made the effort of translating it, and thanks to you, some people could read Saikoroshi-hen, a really interesting arc. I tried to read it with AGTH + Atlas, but that does not work for everyone, and I didn't understood it at all xP. So, thanks to your translation I know now a lot more about that arc. Actually, I was waiting for the patch too, it's always best to read it how it was meant to =)
Old 2008-11-21, 06:44   Link #67
Keriaku
Thought Being

Yeah it's still fine without the patch. Thank you very much for translating this I'm really looking forward to reading it! (y)
Old 2009-03-27, 15:31   Link #68
kaitoein
Finders Keepers

Just in case, someone want to play the saikoroshi chapter.
I made an english patch, using the translation script provided by theacefrehley.
Credits goes to him, for letting me using his works.

Here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydwdwtnwojn

ps: i did fixed some err, but there's still some works left to do.
Old 2009-03-30, 06:20   Link #69
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
^ Thanks a lot. I finished playing the patch, it was very enjoyable as an epilogue to the series.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:09   Link #70
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Myself, I still think of Miotsukushi-hen as the real ending. I just don't think that Saikoroshi-hen has a "right feeling" ending. And since Rika dies in the world after Matsuribayashi-hen and transfers to Saikoroshi-hen, then Miotsukushi-hen must occur after Saikoroshi-hen, right? But then all the words about Matsuribayashi-hen being the end is not true.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:41   Link #71
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
Myself, I still think of Miotsukushi-hen as the real ending. I just don't think that Saikoroshi-hen has a "right feeling" ending. And since Rika dies in the world after Matsuribayashi-hen and transfers to Saikoroshi-hen, then Miotsukushi-hen must occur after Saikoroshi-hen, right? But then all the words about Matsuribayashi-hen being the end is not true.
Well, Miostsuki-hen is the "True End" and I believe it is. I think this is one of those cases where the viewer is supposed to decide. Either way I'm happy.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:52   Link #72
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
You can't really place Miotsukushi-hen in the timeline of Higurashi since it's not even canon to begin with. Miotsukushi is an unofficial alternate ending made by the company Alchemist and is not written by Ryuukishi. The only reason why some fans claimed it was the real ending is because it was sadder than Matsuribayashi-hen.

Anyway, thanks for the patch kaitoein.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:24   Link #73
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
You can't really place Miotsukushi-hen in the timeline of Higurashi since it's not even canon to begin with. Miotsukushi is an unofficial alternate ending made by the company Alchemist and is not written by Ryuukishi. The only reason why some fans claimed it was the real ending is because it was sadder than Matsuribayashi-hen.

It was also advertised as the "True Ending". You never know. Maybe Ryuukishi liked it so much he declared it true!
Old 2009-03-31, 14:26   Link #74
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post

But then would Saikoroshi-hen really be the right end? Seems kind of cliché to me :/
Old 2009-03-31, 14:27   Link #75
Rayneing
Trombe!

I have never seen it called the True End anywhere except here and on wikipedia.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:15   Link #76
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
I have never seen it called the True End anywhere except here and on wikipedia.
Fo rizzle Raynizzle? Do YOU consider it the "True End" ?
Old 2009-03-31, 17:18   Link #77
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan View Post
Fo rizzle Raynizzle? Do YOU consider it the "True End" ?
I consider it a more "realistic" conclusion, if that's what you mean.
Old 2009-03-31, 17:35   Link #78
Renan

Fair enough.
Old 2009-04-01, 05:08   Link #79
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

I've never seen any trustful source saying the PS2 ending was the real ending.

Regardless of which one is better, I don't see a reason for the PC version not to be the real one. It's the source for everthing else, and the author had plenty of freedom to do what he wanted (it's a doujin game after all).

Probably, some shop advertised it that way to sell a few more copies of the PS2 port.
Old 2009-04-02, 11:57   Link #80
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
I've never seen any trustful source saying the PS2 ending was the real ending.

Regardless of which one is better, I don't see a reason for the PC version not to be the real one. It's the source for everthing else, and the author had plenty of freedom to do what he wanted (it's a doujin game after all).

Probably, some shop advertised it that way to sell a few more copies of the PS2 port.
I think western fans called it the "true ending" because some other well-known VNs such as Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night mostly have Good and True endings for each heroine. Since the Good ends are happier, people assumed that this applied to Higurashi and declared Miotsukushi-hen to be the "true end" because it's sadder.

Anyway, if it was the true ending why has it only been featured in the Matsuri version of Higurashi? The original, manga, anime and novelizations all used Matsuribayashi-hen. The reason Matsuri had a new ending was to give fans that owned the PC version an incentive to buy it.
Closed Thread