AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-21, 15:45   Link #1181
-Nyu-
Yozora

WTF?! *-* Bought lol..
Demo Video added:
http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/inde...=396&Itemid=26
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 16:34   Link #1182
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
WTF?! *-* Bought lol..
Demo Video added:
http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/inde...=396&Itemid=26
oh gimme gimme gimme!!

btw whats the song thats playing in this??! ME WANTS!!!
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 01:43   Link #1183
MeganeShounen
Huh?

After watching the demo video for Seinarukana, I can't help comparing the song with some marching theme or a national hymn. It has that "grandiose" feel to it... perhaps it really carries over to the game itself. Some great adventure about good and evil, and of course, meeting lots of friends (and the requisite girl) along the way. ^_^

All of the girls look pretty likeable. None of them have that overbearing aura that I sense from other characters.. Nozomu, the protagonist, looks pretty capable too.

Oh, and Euphoria's really cute.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 09:38   Link #1184
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Definitely epic, definitely made of quality, and definitely something to wait for.

And yes, Euphoria is cute. Also, it seems that her Guardian Spirit (the spirits that embody their Shinkens, or something), is a dragon. o_o

Can't wait to see both Ruptna and Euphoria! I'm also hoping that Yuuto, Aselia and the rest of the characters in Eien no Aselia make an appearance (like Restina and Tokimi, for example).
Old 2007-05-22, 14:37   Link #1185
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
Basically I'm just distracting myself from thinking too much on narcissu 2nd before the english version is out
From sushi-Y's post I know this one shouldn't disappoint XD.
I'll admit it, plot and development wise, the first game had more impact. But side 2nd is packed with 10 times more sentiments and thought-evoking topics. Like Kataoka-san said, the game is not meant to make you cry or anything, but if it can give you some food for thought, or make you want to replay the first game again, then his objective is completed.

Still, nothing stopped me from getting all watery-eyed with Himeko and the little girl. And when Setsumi cried in the end there...

---

Everyone's talking about this Seinarukana thing, so I'm giving the demo a try too... Utawarerumono was fun, although it's hard to find good SLG/SRPGs these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
The special edition, from what I heard, comes with Eien no Aselia - only this version is the combination of the PC and PS2 version. That is, all the H scenes, and the added scenes that were in the PS2 version, are in the special edition of Seinarukana's Eien no Aselia.
Actually, the special edition includes the PC port of the PS2 version of Eien no Aselia. There are no 18+ contents , as pointed out oh so clearly in bold red text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
btw whats the song thats playing in this??! ME WANTS!!!
That's the OP theme song of the game, also named "Seinarukana", sung by Kawamura Yumi.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-05-22 at 15:02.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 23:04   Link #1186
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I'll admit it, plot and development wise, the first game had more impact. But side 2nd is packed with 10 times more sentiments and thought-evoking topics. Like Kataoka-san said, the game is not meant to make you cry or anything, but if it can give you some food for thought, or make you want to replay the first game again, then his objective is completed.
I was expecting that, seeing it to be a doujin game not a commerical piece. And Tomo kataoka san said himself that he wanted this game to reach as many people as possible.
In tear-jerking game, there are certain "triggers" that can make you cry, a twist in story, sudden music, melachonic writing, words/cries by the seiyuu, etc, these "triggers" are creative arts themselves, but these "triggers" doesn't always carry a meaning, but more of a demonstration of the love you developed on the characters, more of a selling point for commerical games. You feeling good (?) after you emptied your lacrimal glands, there, that's entertainment for ya (this opinion is open for debate though, I've been thinking about this but never reached a conclusion)
Same with narcissu as well, i believe kataoka san could have made it twice as much tear-jerking, seeing how he did the chapter 1 of giniro.
Well, better leave the comments AFTER I played the 2nd.

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2007-05-22 at 23:15.
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 02:23   Link #1187
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Actually, the special edition includes the PC port of the PS2 version of Eien no Aselia. There are no 18+ contents , as pointed out oh so clearly in bold red text.
Then pardon the mixup, as I did say I only heard it from someone else. I'm not good enough to translate most Japanese on my own.
Old 2007-05-25, 11:12   Link #1188
-Nyu-
Yozora

Could someone please tell me some details regarding this title.
I wonder with which title this game can be compared.
Old 2007-05-28, 21:04   Link #1189
Narumi
*Fansubber

Wow... I almost didn't recognize it as the same game from the scans a long time ago.

Think of it as a 3-D Leaf RPG, a la Tenerezza. It's one of Leaf's larger productions, with many years in development, and 5 different artists such as Mitsumi Misato (TH2), Amazuyu Tatsuki (Utawarerumono), and Kawata Hisashi (Routes).

Hopefully this means it's coming soon.
Old 2007-05-30, 13:36   Link #1190
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Finished the Seinarukana demo yesterday.

That was pretty long for a trial, I think it took me 5 hours to work though it. ^^;

In general, I really liked it. As expected for a trial version, there are some scene skippings. And I actually really wanted to find out what happened between the scenes (like how Nozomu and the gang met up with Katima), which is always a good sign for a game I want to play.

The writing is good too, nicely paced and structured: there's always something happening or something that needs to be done (like securing food and water in the beginning, or arriving at certain towns later on). It certainly gives the story an RPG feel.

The battle system appears complex at first, but is actually really simple. It reminds me of digimon card games in a sense that everyone has a set of skills divided into 3 categories: attacker, defender, and supporter, depending on the role they have been assigned to. In combat, an attacker's (attack) skill rating is (generally) directly compared against the defender's (defense) skill rating, while the supporter's skills can have various offensive or defensive effects against certain targets.
The battle process is quite straightforward too, since you can't switch skills halfway, besides swapping roles between characters in the team, all there is to do is watch the characters fight it out. The 2D sprites and effects are quite nice though, as well as the sound effects.

The green halberd's (鉾) combat reactions made me laugh so hard.

The music is top notch too, especially the ones that are played during tense moments or combat. Xuse really caught that RPG feel nicely.

One thing I noticed while playing is the progression speed: while fighting on the world map, I notice just how big the "world of sword" is. In the trial version, the story takes you through two major towns (each has about an hour worth of reading associated to it), but there are dozens more towns and cities on the map! And considering this is just the first world out of the many that were introduced officially, I wonder just how long this game will be?
Old 2007-05-30, 14:29   Link #1191
-Nyu-
Yozora

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I have no time for any game atm..
Ah, I have to ask you all for a favour, please read this.
Old 2007-05-31, 04:35   Link #1192
luckyovermind
hungry~

This is pretty old news... but whatever

Old 2007-05-31, 06:15   Link #1193
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hmm, which magazine is that from? Dengeki G?
Old 2007-05-31, 09:14   Link #1194
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Can't wait to see when this happens.

Spoiler:

Also this one.

Spoiler:

Kaori and Tokimi are shown, so does this mean Yuuto and Aselia will also show up in the game? It's inevitable, but the question is when and where?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-31, 14:07   Link #1195
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
Hmm, which magazine is that from? Dengeki G?
Yes, it's from the July issue of Dengeki G's magazine.
2 Little Busters! stick posters are included as well. ^^
Old 2007-06-01, 04:45   Link #1196
luckyovermind
hungry~

リトルバスターズ! key
DL可 体験版 - 196MB
http://holyseal.net/cgi-bin/mlistview.cgi?prdcode=5568
Old 2007-06-01, 13:13   Link #1197
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
リトルバスターズ! key
DL可 体験版 - 196MB
Also known as if Kyoto Animation had to do another Key Game I'd rather have seen them do this than Clannad for how fresh it looks, but you know.... Also it looks like Key's artist finally learned how to draw better unless this a knew one.

By the way, I may have missed the boat, but what is Narcissu and why is it so heavily anticipated.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 14:34   Link #1198
rg4619

Quote:
what is Narcissu
A free product from Tomo Kataoka, the (former) director/lead writer of Nekoneko Soft. Since this was a non-commercial title, Kataoka took the opportunity to experiment with minimalist presentations and a serious, non-romantic story (it's still exaggerated and unrealistic in terms of its depiction of a hospice ward, but oh well).

insani released a translation, hence the attention from the English-speaking public.

http://narcissu.insani.org/story.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissu

Quote:
why is it so heavily anticipated.
Well, the new side-story (recently released in Japan) is anticipated by fans of the original. They want more Narcissu.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 14:39   Link #1199
cyth
Banned

... LOLOLOL @ Little Busters trial.

<Rin> OK, it's my turn!
*steals cat*
<Kyosuke> My weapon!

ちょwwwwww
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 17:22   Link #1200
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
リトルバスターズ! key
DL可 体験版 - 196MB
Surprise surprise
*abandons real life*

lol at the sudden battle right from the beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
<Kyosuke> My weapon!
I think you mean Masato.

"Somebody, get me a new cat! The meanest one you got!"

Unagi piewww

0 damage to Rin!
The unagi pie broke!
"Uwaaaaaaaa--------! My unagi pieeeeee--!"

lolol

Still, what's up with the trial being only 10 minutes long?

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel