4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-04, 22:56   Link #5861
GundamFan0083

Must...resist...urge....to...post...truth

Must...resist...urge....to...post...truth...

Old 2014-03-10, 19:28   Link #5862
Lost Cause

We'll of course he alive! He's currently living in Belgium, married to CC, with 3 kids Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Created the Belgium waffle and is a millionaire.
And GundamFan, new minds=fresh ideas, be tolerant.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 02:26   Link #5863
GundamFan0083

I know.
Besides, I think the new Akito will undue the "truth" that many fans have been clinging to since 2009.
Just my opinion.
Old 2014-03-11, 10:58   Link #5864
Kusaja

That's where our opinions differ, as I tend to think Akito is actually doing the opposite.

It's a relatively viable way to give fans a little more of the character, from another perspective and in a different role, but clearly avoiding the whole issue of addressing anything about that specific truth, since it takes place long before those events ever happened. Otherwise, they could have easily made a sequel to R2 where the story picks up some time after the ending of episode 25. Which isn't what they are doing, so for now nothing has changed.

If you want some old gossip, supposedly the light novel adaptation of Code Geass R2, released back in 2008 or 2009, gives off a slightly different impression of the ending. I haven't really come across the actual text corresponding to that part, but if I ever do, it could be funny to translate it and see what happens.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 11:40   Link #5865
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
That's where our opinions differ, as I tend to think Akito is actually doing the opposite.

It's a relatively viable way to give fans a little more of the character, from another perspective and in a different role, but clearly avoiding the whole issue of addressing anything about that specific truth, since it takes place long before those events ever happened. Otherwise, they could have easily made a sequel to R2 where the story picks up some time after the ending of episode 25. Which isn't what they are doing, so for now nothing has changed.

If you want some old gossip, supposedly the light novel adaptation of Code Geass R2, released back in 2008 or 2009, gives off a slightly different impression of the ending. I haven't really come across the actual text corresponding to that part, but if I ever do, it could be funny to translate it and see what happens.
I heard about the light novel ending at Adult Swim (back when they were showing R2) message boards.
It would be interesting to see if the rumors were true or not.
Old 2014-03-19, 04:56   Link #5866
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
I think I remember that, but I feel like that was way too much for her to "get". There's so much she didn't understand. Also, if it was indeed unique to her, this "ability" of Nunnally should have activated way back in season one when Lelouch was already going behind her back (and yes, she did touch him). Lelouch lied so much to her back then, and she never found out. The most she would have gotten was an intuition that maybe Lelouch was lying, but even so, she couldn't deduce the entire ZR plan, and it's intentions just at the end. Giving a code to Lelouch explains it better.

That's what I feel anyway.
Especially since Lelouch's Geass appeared in both eyes, making his power high enough for Charles to transfer his Code unto his son before he vanished with his beloved wife Marianne. And the Code is activated upon a sharp object penetrating the heart. The victim dies; and he's then reborn as an immortal with the power to grant a geass contract.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 05:34   Link #5867
refrain

I've just rewatched this series. This is what I think.
I think he's alive. I think he got the code from his father. It could be that the emperor gave him the code while strangling him before. Also, the code is only activated when the one who has it was killed (The nun killed C.C, Charles shot himself). That explained how he could show Nanully his memories by touching his hand. That's the power of one who has a code. This anime's name is Code Geass. Lelouch somehow got the code from Charles but also has the Geass from C.C. Also, I don't think Orange-kun would smile like that if Lelouch is really dying. That would be kinda out of character for him. Also that cart in the end. Where's C.C heading? Must be some country side, and Orange-kun was in some country side growing orange too. They could be heading there to live with him. Also there's that Lelouch's paper crane which Nanully gave him earlier in the series. There was that same crane on the cart. I don't think Lelouch has ever told anyone about that or given that to anyone. And also the way C.C talk on that cart, she was smiling and looking up to the cart driver. If I remember right, she only smile like that when she's talking with Lelouch. Also, I see a lot people said that she was talking with Lelouch in the world of C. But I don't think that's true. C.C could only talk to Marianne before because that's the power of Marianne's Geass, which implant her soul into other's heart. C.C last word was asking Lelouch to return and make her smile, and he promised. And in the end, C.C was on the cart, smiling There're so many hints
refrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 12:21   Link #5868
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by refrain View Post
I've just rewatched this series. This is what I think.
I think he's alive. I think he got the code from his father. It could be that the emperor gave him the code while strangling him before. Also, the code is only activated when the one who has it was killed (The nun killed C.C, Charles shot himself). That explained how he could show Nanully his memories by touching his hand. That's the power of one who has a code. This anime's name is Code Geass. Lelouch somehow got the code from Charles but also has the Geass from C.C. Also, I don't think Orange-kun would smile like that if Lelouch is really dying. That would be kinda out of character for him. Also that cart in the end. Where's C.C heading? Must be some country side, and Orange-kun was in some country side growing orange too. They could be heading there to live with him. Also there's that Lelouch's paper crane which Nanully gave him earlier in the series. There was that same crane on the cart. I don't think Lelouch has ever told anyone about that or given that to anyone. And also the way C.C talk on that cart, she was smiling and looking up to the cart driver. If I remember right, she only smile like that when she's talking with Lelouch. Also, I see a lot people said that she was talking with Lelouch in the world of C. But I don't think that's true. C.C could only talk to Marianne before because that's the power of Marianne's Geass, which implant her soul into other's heart. C.C last word was asking Lelouch to return and make her smile, and he promised. And in the end, C.C was on the cart, smiling There're so many hints
That would be the logical view, except for the fact that the writer of the show said Lelouch was dead.
Now, Lelouch has come back in the side story (Akito) as a "new" character.
We may or may not see a retcon of Lelouch's "death" from this, or not.
Code Geass' new OVA is being produced at a very slow pace for an anime and who knows what they're going to do with it.
Old 2014-08-14, 13:21   Link #5869
refrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
That would be the logical view, except for the fact that the writer of the show said Lelouch was dead.
Now, Lelouch has come back in the side story (Akito) as a "new" character.
We may or may not see a retcon of Lelouch's "death" from this, or not.
Code Geass' new OVA is being produced at a very slow pace for an anime and who knows what they're going to do with it.
I know about that article. I think he meant that the man with the name "Lelouch" was dead. Now he's gonna live as a different person
Also, what happened to that movie announced 2 years ago?
refrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 21:29   Link #5870
GundamFan0083

Which one?
There is the Recap movie, then there's Nunnally in Wonderland (Picture Drama), and the new Akito OVA.
Old 2014-08-14, 23:28   Link #5871
Kusaja

It's this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-film-project

There was a live stream event back in 2012 where they officially announced that a Code Geass movie had been greenlit, separate from Akito, but did not provide any other details at the time. Nor have they said anything at all since then.

I assume there are two options here: perhaps it'll happen by the 10th anniversary (2016), or it will just be quietly forgotten.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 01:43   Link #5872
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
It's this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-film-project

There was a live stream event back in 2012 where they officially announced that a Code Geass movie had been greenlit, separate from Akito, but did not provide any other details at the time. Nor have they said anything at all since then.

I assume there are two options here: perhaps it'll happen by the 10th anniversary (2016), or it will just be quietly forgotten.
The movie is likely to be a retelling. But it would be great if the movie comes out around the time the OVA run has concluded. But, I believe that we might see Code Geass: OZ become a TV series..
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote