AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 15:54   Link #2701
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm curious who replaces Tali though. And how about Thane? He was quite critical in his part.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:58   Link #2702
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Tali is replaced by another admiral Raan I think.

And Thane is gone.

I played ME3 default settings so without Thane and that major guy the dalatrass is killed and it's harder to convince kaiden/ashley to stand down and you lose salarian support.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 16:06   Link #2703
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Mordin is replaced by Padok Wiks, the STG base commander on Sur'Kesh.

If Thane is dead in ME2, his role with the Salarian ambassador is replaced by Kirrahe. If both of them are dead, there is no replacement for that role.

As mentioned, Tali is replaced by Admiral Shala'Raan vas Tonbay if she didn't survive ME2.

Miranda... don't think she gets a replacement.
Old 2012-03-30, 19:27   Link #2704
4sostrander
The Demon of the Desert

Mass Effect 3 Ending (Spoiler Fest)

Just...finished...Mass Effect....Three...I'm so just 'wat.' right now, you wouldn't believe it.

Spoiler for Mass Effect 3 Ending That I Chose:

All in all...the ending I chose was superb, and the movie after it was just as great. If you're a Mass Effect fan but are still debating on whether or not to buy it, do it. Finishing the story felt wonderful, and I don't think I've ever felt as accomplished as I had at that moment. The gameplay is finally a solid shooter/RPG mix, unlike the first two, which were more RPG and then more Shooter. Now, it's a perfect balance. It was almost a perfect game. I mean, yes, the cover bugs kinda suck, and the game was insanely hard (Maybe because I was playing on the hardest difficulty the entire time) but...really...all worth it. Especially that ending. There's no way Drew Karpyshyn could have made it better.

Anyone else want to pitch in? What were your thoughts on the ending or on the game itself?

Last edited by Solace; 2012-03-30 at 22:03. Reason: Removed thread creation comment.
4sostrander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 02:46   Link #2705
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sostrander View Post
Anyone else want to pitch in? What were your thoughts on the ending or on the game itself?
*cough*

Right, well... brace yourself then.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-03-31 at 03:18.
Old 2012-03-31, 03:06   Link #2706
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

With the Shepard Indoctrination theory, the ending actually got a lot better. Though I'm not sure if this interpretation was intentional. I remember a similar case where an internet theory from back then about FF8 from disc 2 on was a mere dream as Squall died by Edea's ice spear. Though it's interesting, it doesn't necessarily mean to be the intended interpretation.
Old 2012-03-31, 04:37   Link #2707
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

The indoctrination theory ending is only good if there is follow up to what happened in the crucible. Otherwise its kind of like Virgil with the Aenied which kind of cuts out mid sentence.
Old 2012-03-31, 04:44   Link #2708
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*cough*

Right, well... brace yourself then.

Spoiler:
That earlier video sums it up beautifully in one sentence. Mass Effect 3's ending sucks because it obliterates narrative coherence.
Old 2012-03-31, 04:47   Link #2709
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
The indoctrination theory ending is only good if there is follow up to what happened in the crucible. Otherwise its kind of like Virgil with the Aenied which kind of cuts out mid sentence.
My guess is that Shepard never actually entered the Crucible in that last sequence. He just finally break free of the Reaper's indoctrination by "destroying" the Reapers.
Old 2012-03-31, 09:57   Link #2710
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Have finished it and unlike the first two I have no motivation to go through the game again, purely because of the ending.

Shame because the rest of the game was really good even though they seem to have streamlined options within conversations.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 10:31   Link #2711
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Producer, assemble your team.

*RUUUUUUUUUNS*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:21   Link #2712
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'd choose the one highlighted, the one left of that, and the last one to the right because they look the oldest
Old 2012-03-31, 15:38   Link #2713
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
The indoctrination theory is nonsense imho.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Its just grasping at straws.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 16:37   Link #2714
Alchemist007
*Author

Kai Leng was certainly more indoctrinated I think. Shepard doesn't give in to anything prior to the ending. It's possible the level of influence on Shepard by that point wasn't enough. Kai Leng was going around doing their bidding.
Old 2012-03-31, 16:47   Link #2715
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

The Prothean VI might only be able to detect a fully indoctrinated individual. The Reaper's influence on Shepard at that point is still minimal I think. The Reaper only fully goes all out indoctrinating Shepard at the last scenes.

Of course It might be grasping at straws, but at least with the theory I can stop hating the ending with a passion because it only gets tiring after a while.
Old 2012-03-31, 16:59   Link #2716
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for spoilers:

I can see why a lot of people would want to accept the indoctrination theory but for me it just makes as little sense as the existing endings.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 17:26   Link #2717
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Spoiler for spoilers:

I can see why a lot of people would want to accept the indoctrination theory but for me it just makes as little sense as the existing endings.
maybe becouse Sheppards will power still was fighting the indoctrination attempts... he was allwasy "destroy the reapers" and not like IM control them or even think about different road except of killing them once for all

so here might be the difference between indoctrination like in Seren from ME1 and him.... he is not aware that they are trying to break him and make him work for them...and he still goas around and gets the kill them

maybe this is why VI did not find indoctrination in shep. becouse he was still not converted completly he was resisting...he had friends to keep his mind in check... he could talk with liara, garrus or tali about his nightmares...his throughts...while IM or Seren were kinda outsiders...they prefered to be alone and here is why they lost to the indoctrination... shep has many allies, many friends or even a love interest person to listen to everything he feels or what torments him
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 17:39   Link #2718
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The indoctrination theory is nonsense imho.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Its just grasping at straws.
One plothole that can be worked around if not explained entirely versus an ending that is riddled with plotholes, makes no sense and yields more questions than answers.

I'll take the indoctrination theory. Even the total cliffhanger of "but if Shepard never got to the crucible, what happened to the battle?" has less plotholes and unanswered questions than the current ending.
Old 2012-03-31, 17:40   Link #2719
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
maybe becouse Sheppards will power still was fighting the indoctrination attempts... he was allwasy "destroy the reapers" and not like IM control them or even think about different road except of killing them once for all

so here might be the difference between indoctrination like in Seren from ME1 and him.... he is not aware that they are trying to break him and make him work for them...and he still goas around and gets the kill them

maybe this is why VI did not find indoctrination in shep. becouse he was still not converted completly he was resisting...he had friends to keep his mind in check... he could talk with liara, garrus or tali about his nightmares...his throughts...while IM or Seren were kinda outsiders...they prefered to be alone and here is why they lost to the indoctrination... shep has many allies, many friends or even a love interest person to listen to everything he feels or what torments him
Ok, I'm with you so far but where's the indoctrination worming it's way into Shepard's mind coming from, the Illusive Man and Kai Leng spent prolonged time with Reaper tech in their secret Cerberus base but that's not the case for Shepard as far as I know.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 17:46   Link #2720
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Nobody ever said indoctrination required constant close-range exposure, but let's count:

ME1: Shepard was rather close to sovereign during the final battle.
ME2: Shepard spend quite a long time in the collector ship, the collector base, a dead reaper and was exposed to Object Rho for two days straight.
ME3: Lots of reaper-tech salvaging and close encounters with reapers throughout the entire game.

Tags
effect, games, mass