AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-25, 09:06   Link #81
D-Joe

Some info:

■だーまえインタビュー
・アニプレックスの鳥羽Pから「key的な物語を」とオファーがあった
・AB!は、1人1人にスポットを当て切れなかったので、今回は登場人物を絞っている
・メインキャラは4人で全員生徒会に所属(その中の1人がバンドをやっている)
・OP、ED、挿入歌の作詞作曲も自分(麻枝准さん)が担当
・劇中バンドが2つ登場するので曲数は結構多い
・曲のジャンルはロックでボーカル担当は女性。今回はキャラを担当する声優さんがそのまま歌う
・Charlotteの出だしはAB!よりも静か、後半から怒濤の展開になる

■キャラ
乙坂有宇(おとさか ゆう)
優等生を装う少年で本作の主人公。ひと言でいうとバカ
勉強がまったくできなく、カンニング魔

友利奈緒(ともり なお)
素行に問題アリの生徒会長。強気な女の子
勉強はできるが、素行に問題があってほめられないようなこともしまくる
Old 2014-12-25, 09:56   Link #82
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Planetarian's not even shown in the Charlotte trailer.
Well Planetarian was never aimed as an economical production so it's understandable it's not mentioned in the trailer (the way it was always a free-of-charge short kinetic novel) but still, it is that good of a short story, so kind of a wasted potential for it to never have an adaptation, really.

Anyway, whatever Charlotte turns out to be, I'm still looking forward to the new music composed by Maeda Jun and Orito Shinji, the good consistent thing from every Key works. And Lia returning with a new theme song for Key would be a wonderful bonus.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2014-12-25, 10:41   Link #83
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Some info:

■だーまえインタビュー
・劇中バンドが2つ登場するので曲数は結構多い

■キャラ
乙坂有宇(おとさか ゆう)
勉強がまったくできなく、カンニング魔

友利奈緒(ともり なお)
素行に問題アリの生徒会長。強気な女の子
Maeda interview:
-Story is written by Shiba (who?) from Aniplex with added elements from Key
-In Angel Beat! the spots (characters he meant?) weren't carried out in details, however this time they will be fleshed out.
-There're 4 people in the main cast, all of them are in the student council (with 1 person playing in a band).
-OP, ED, OST will be composed and arranged by Maeda himself.
-There'll be 2 stage performances this time.
-The genre will be rock, the seiyuus will also be in charge of singing.
-At the beginning Charlotte will be even more slow-paced than Angel Beat!, however it will start picking up from the from the 2nd half.

Not sure I got it right, feel free to correct. I'm still learning though.
Old 2014-12-25, 11:48   Link #84
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Maeda interview:
-In Angel Beat! the spots (characters he meant?) weren't carried out in details, however this time they will be fleshed out.
-There're 4 people in the main cast, all of them are in the student council (with 1 person playing in a band).
-At the beginning Charlotte will be even more slow-paced than Angel Beat!, however it will start picking up from the from the 2nd half.

Nice, also find a site translated
http://www.otakutale.com/2014/charlo...ters-revealed/
Old 2014-12-25, 12:46   Link #85
ukulelembo
Detective

Picture for the upcoming Comiket:
Old 2014-12-25, 12:54   Link #86
GDB

Quote:
You sure that's right? Looks more like "Toba" to me, and there is a Yosuke Toba on the Aniplex staff (though he's a producer, not writer). He worked on Angel Beats, Idolmaster, Kill la Kill, Vividred, and Love Lab.

This could also explain the "P" after the name if it means Producer.
Old 2014-12-25, 14:10   Link #87
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You sure that's right? Looks more like "Toba" to me, and there is a Yosuke Toba on the Aniplex staff (though he's a producer, not writer). He worked on Angel Beats, Idolmaster, Kill la Kill, Vividred, and Love Lab.

You're right. To me it looks more like that "producer Toba offers a typical "Key story"". In other words he fund that. Which sounds more logical.
Old 2014-12-25, 14:24   Link #88
dark998

Quote:
Some info:

■だーまえインタビュー
・劇中バンドが2つ登場するので曲数は結構多い

■キャラ
乙坂有宇(おとさか ゆう)
勉強がまったくできなく、カンニング魔

友利奈緒(ともり なお)
素行に問題アリの生徒会長。強気な女の子
Shaping up to be a worthy Angel Beats spiritual successor. As expected of the master Maeda.
Old 2014-12-25, 21:25   Link #89
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Maeda interview:

As viewed from Archon-vision:

-- We're adding elements from Key, aka the same shit we've been doing for the last 15 years
-- We will go over each of the main characters' routes with some details (as opposed to none aside from a rather excellent ep, but none except the main one is really going to mean squat and that will be obvious, of which one.
-- We will get Lia and make her sing until she passes out. (Damn, where is Eufonious when you need them?)
-- Maeda will be in charge of music and also the executive supervising supervisor.
-- We'll have stage performances. And they'll actually be animated consistently and not when we need to pull the wool over people's eyes. Yea, fuck you A-1, and fuck you Satelite. Because we're working with PA Works, and we'd never have any badly animated crap like Jiggly Jiggly Heaven.
-- We will start out with rock, but manage to play the OP in several different variations, because remixing shit, is really, really cool
-- You'll have to sit through 12 episodes of bad perverted jokes, girls acting like they might forget to breathe without an alarm attached to them, and one of the girls will be there just to make the others look good. There will be another girl that seems comparatively sane and might even be really cool, but chances are she's not important. Then someone will die, and you'll be forced to give a damn, because the music is so awesomely playing that you will be sad and there will be absolutely fucking nothing to wafu about.
-- Baseball. Because that's what life is about.

But that's just me.
~I don't like people who say such things
~God damn, Guys, good luck.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2015-01-20 at 16:55.
Old 2014-12-25, 21:57   Link #90
Tranhieu

Quote:

Yeah you're right. I'm not that good at reading names yet. Should have looked up the staff list at Aniplex though.
Old 2014-12-25, 22:03   Link #91
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I rather enjoyed Angel Beats!, so the Key and PAW fusion doesn't bother me. It's the Aniplex element I'm worried about. I have faith in Jun Maeda (one of my favorite industry guys after all), but things are gonna go south if he's only there for the first three episodes or Aniplex is just using him for marquee value. But it's not like Aniplex would do that, right?

RIGHT?!
GANBARIMASU
Old 2014-12-25, 22:06   Link #92
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
-- We will get Lia and make her sing until she passes out. (Damn, where is Eufonious when you need them?)
They're dead, Jim. Blame the Ijime Connect incident.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-12-25, 22:10   Link #93
Tranhieu

Quote:
One thing I noticed in that translation, the male MC isn't an honor student, he pretends to be one, and thus often results to cheating coz' he can't study at all.

The female MC is generic as hell lol.
Old 2014-12-25, 22:19   Link #94
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
They're dead, Jim. Blame the Ijime Connect incident.
Not so dead according to Wikipedia:

Quote:
On September 8, 2012, it was announced that Hajime Kikuichi would leave the band "for now", after making some degrading comments at singer Halko Momoi.[2] Kikuchi returned in 2013 with the composition of the song "Lovely Smile", used as a theme song of Hooksoft's visual novel Lovely Quest: Unlimited.
Apparently they've put out two albums this year.
Old 2014-12-26, 02:46   Link #95
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
I rather enjoyed Angel Beats!, so the Key and PAW fusion doesn't bother me. It's the Aniplex element I'm worried about. I have faith in Jun Maeda (one of my favorite industry guys after all), but things are gonna go south if he's only there for the first three episodes or Aniplex is just using him for marquee value. But it's not like Aniplex would do that, right?

RIGHT?!
What is the Aniplex element anyways? They're just funding this or...

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-12-26, 03:04   Link #96
TJR

It's the same arrangement (producing and financing) as with Angel Beats.

At any rate, there has been a wave of anti-Aniplex sentiment lately, although I'd argue that there isn't a strong basis for it.
Old 2014-12-26, 11:44   Link #97
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On the one hand, I though Angel Beats! was pretty good. I didn't love it as much as some did, but it didn't bother me quite as much as it did Archon and certainly not as much as it did Pocari.

On the other hand, I'm a bit skeptical of the common argument of "If only it had been two cours, it would have been a masterpiece!" My impression was honestly much the contrary - The core Otonashi character arc was largely very very good, but a lot of what was surrounding it felt perfunctory, and some was outright dross.

In many ways, this reflects my experience in general with Maeda - His best moments of writing are truly marvelous, but surrounding those moments is lots and lots of cliche comedy and action for the sake of action. There's a certain weightlessness to it all until you ironically get hit with a Precision Wham Moment (Registered Trademark of 0utf0xZer0) that is as magnificently weighty and emotional as they come.

So that all means that I'm taking a cautious wait and see with Charlotte. At least the first character design we're seeing for it looks good, imo.
Old 2014-12-26, 11:49   Link #98
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
but a lot of what was surrounding it felt perfunctory, and some was outright dross.
One would argue that it felt as if it had no effort or impact because they rushed at the end and just wrote everyone out instead of actively building them up and concluding their character arcs. A second cour would've greatly aided this.

I mean, you can't really argue that the series didn't need more episodes and then say the reason is that a lot of the stuff that was there wasn't expanded on enough to make you care.
Old 2014-12-26, 12:15   Link #99
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
One would argue that it felt as if it had no effort or impact because they rushed at the end and just wrote everyone out instead of actively building them up and concluding their character arcs.
I don't think that was the only flaws with the end. There were some very eyebrow-raising elements to the end that go beyond simple episode run-time constraints, in my opinion. A couple examples in spoiler space below.

Spoiler for Angel Beats! Spoilers:

Angel Beats! had writing issues that went beyond time constraints. Having an extra cour may have just ended up meaning more writing issues.

Quote:
I mean, you can't really argue that the series didn't need more episodes and then say the reason is that a lot of the stuff that was there wasn't expanded on enough to make you care.
It's highly presumptive, and quite possibly wrong, to think that simply having more episodes would have automatically made me care more about certain characters and elements to the show. I didn't need a lot of time spent on Otonashi to care about him, after all. One key episode was all I needed to care about Otonashi.

Also, even a 2nd Cour...

Spoiler for Angel Beats! spoilers:

So I don't see any problem with my overall position here. Angel Beats! would not have necessarily been better just from having a 2nd cours worth of episodes.
Old 2014-12-26, 13:15   Link #100
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I agree that the 13 episodes excuse while partially valid, does not cover everything, because there's a lot of 13 episode anime out there. And they are not all rushed with a lack of character depth.Every other Key anime has the excuse of multiple routes. A lot deal with topics and casts that are far more in depth and chase more ambitious concepts. It's not just how much time you use, but how much you use it.

Angel Beats spent 13 episodes to get about 2 characters down pat-- and they really only spent about 4 episodes about them, combined!

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, key, p.a. works, supernatural