AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-02-18, 18:30   Link #6041
ghost_zero5

Actually I wanted to ask if they have decided to wait for the 50% patch now - regarding the first release - ?
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 14:46   Link #6042
Witch of Uncertainty

Found something strange while replaying ep 1. I'm at the part where they are recieving the phone call in the study.

Spoiler for Ep1 Phonecall:
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 20:46   Link #6043
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Found something strange while replaying ep 1. I'm at the part where they are recieving the phone call in the study.

Looks like the semicolon that's supposed to make the code invisible isn't in the script. Is this from a newer patch or an older one?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 05:57   Link #6044
Witch of Uncertainty

Newer, I think.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 18:59   Link #6045
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post

I actually posted about the same thing a little while back (though I certainly don't expect you to have looked for it beforehand, since it's over 10 pages back... ). This was Klashikari's response.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 07:52   Link #6046
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It has been a long time, but I ought to provide few updates:

-Similarly to last year, we are busy to the point progress for the translation is going on a snail pace. To be more accurate, chrono was enrolled in an internship, so his free time is cut to the drain.
-The compatibility patch still generate a few problems, but I don't think it will be delayed for a long time, unless if the translation has gone to great lengths to the point we should just wait for a 30-50% patch.
-We are also waiting for few inquiries addressed to Ryukishi, although the latter is currently at Taiwan for the Fancy Frontier 17.

Speaking of which... there was a lethal zerg rush happening over there... truly a mortal stampede
Old 2011-02-23, 08:22   Link #6047
kittylyoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It has been a long time, but I ought to provide few updates:

-Similarly to last year, we are busy to the point progress for the translation is going on a snail pace. To be more accurate, chrono was enrolled in an internship, so his free time is cut to the drain.
-The compatibility patch still generate a few problems, but I don't think it will be delayed for a long time, unless if the translation has gone to great lengths to the point we should just wait for a 30-50% patch.
-We are also waiting for few inquiries addressed to Ryukishi, although the latter is currently at Taiwan for the Fancy Frontier 17.

Speaking of which... there was a lethal zerg rush happening over there... truly a mortal stampede

Good god they knocked that standon the left down
Though Battler and Evatrice made me giggle. Namely because Battler slowish walk, Evatrice "charge" shes so tiny compared to everyone else :3
I`m geussing the Sakutaro is the one filming the second clip.

I need to start saving my money for EP8 then....
kittylyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 10:01   Link #6048
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Can't be Sakutarou. You see him at the end of the clip.

The moment when Sakutarou brushes by the guy in the black jacket occurs at 0:38 in the first clip and 1:37 in the second. Unfortunately, that's occurring right at the edge of the frame, so the cameraman doesn't appear, and the moment when it angles a bit further right is blurred.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 12:07   Link #6049
TW25

When I started reading your post, Klash, I was planning to say "Good luck with the translation. Take your time." and encouraging stuff like that.

...then I watched that video. And now I don't know what I should say. XD
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 14:50   Link #6050
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Ryukishi is such a boss.
Old 2011-02-23, 16:52   Link #6051
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

rofl, thats epic that everyone charged in... As well they should for an autograph by Ryukishi. I feel bad for the group next to them having their booth demolished though lol
Old 2011-02-23, 18:26   Link #6052
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Well Evatrice can airdash in Ougon...
Old 2011-02-23, 23:26   Link #6053
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Sakutaro meandering by at the end seems appropriate too. lol
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 08:48   Link #6054
immblueversion

Hey, at the very start of the first video, you can see Maria in her cutesy white anime dress running up from below!

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 10:46   Link #6055
moichispa
Endless witch

I think the Virgilia cosplayer of the final part of the video realized it was the wrong cosplay for that moment for sure.
Old 2011-02-24, 11:58   Link #6056
kittylyoko

So theres a Battler: whose hard to miss
Evatrice; also hard to miss
*little* Maria: only visable at the begining but disappers in the see of people
Sakutaro: at the end, but he stands out *Bright Yellow*
Virgilia *right at the end* biiiiiig dress

There also might be an Ange towards the right of the stand, but I can`t really tell shes too far away.
Anyone else?

Any idea how much EP8 will cost, same as EP4?
kittylyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 22:49   Link #6057
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

for me atleest ep8 was cheaper than ep4, this might have just been because I switched to amiami but I think it cost 40 or 45$ with shipping, ep4 being 50 or 55
Old 2011-02-26, 12:16   Link #6058
chronotrig

I'd like to apologize again for all these delays with EP8. The rough translation is complete for about a third of the game, but we've been having some issues cleaning the script up for a patch release.

Unfortunately, because of a certain feature early on in EP8 and the fact that save files don't transfer very well in Onscripter... It looks like we probably won't be releasing a 50% patch. A compatibility patch will hopefully be coming soon, covering the first 2 chapters, but probably no sooner than next weekend.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 21:54   Link #6059
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Well it is a fan translation so nobody can blame u guys for personal qualms holding back the translation and any technical issues even moreso. Always appretiate the fact that I can know that even if it'll take a while it will get done. Great news that at least the compatibility patch could be done by next weekend and that the rough is a third through. Just gotta make sure to avoid spoilers for a while...
Old 2011-02-27, 00:34   Link #6060
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
I'd like to apologize again for all these delays with EP8. The rough translation is complete for about a third of the game, but we've been having some issues cleaning the script up for a patch release.

Unfortunately, because of a certain feature early on in EP8 and the fact that save files don't transfer very well in Onscripter... It looks like we probably won't be releasing a 50% patch. A compatibility patch will hopefully be coming soon, covering the first 2 chapters, but probably no sooner than next weekend.
Spoiler for suggestion + ep8:

But hooray! first 2 chapters coming kinda sorta soon!!
Why can't I hold all this love for witch-hunt?

Tags
translation