AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-18, 18:31   Link #101
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by damisa View Post
Why does Naruto have to counter or catch up to Sasuke? They have no reasons to fight. They both want to stop Itachi. Naruto making Sasuke return to konoha using force is pointless and would make naruto seem selfish. Also, Konoha has no reason to go after sasuke either, he's taking care of their problems (orichmaru, deidara) for them. Tsunade, the current hokage, also "abandoned" the village for a time and konoha didn't seem to care.
Because that's the direction his character is going in.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 18:35   Link #102
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Why does Naruto have to counter or catch up to Sasuke? They have no reasons to fight. They both want to stop Itachi. Naruto making Sasuke return to konoha using force is pointless and would make naruto seem selfish. Also, Konoha has no reason to go after sasuke either, he's taking care of their problems (orichmaru, deidara) for them. Tsunade, the current hokage, also "abandoned" the village for a time and konoha didn't seem to care.
Naruto going after Sasuke has never really made sense. But he'll keep going after him because he's already given his word. They'll eventually fight because they're rivals and Naruto will catch up to Sasuke because he's the main hero of the story. Like That Other Ninja said, it's the direction of his character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi
I'm sure Sasuke would also be increasing his skills. I doubt he'll just be sitting around while Naruto is training.
Yes, just like Sasuke was training his ass off pre-timeskip and Naruto still narrowed the gap between them. That's a large part of the reason Sasuke felt he wasn't getting strong fast enough and decided to seek training from Oro.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 18:37   Link #103
Rurouni Zeke

Quote:
People keep saying this like it's some kind of end all be all, but I think this current fight is evidence that reasons to fight can be easily manufactured. The whole beef Deidara had with Itachi (and Sasuke by association I guess ) was pretty much made up out of nowhere and suddenly there's a deathmatch. Heck, all it took was a little jealousy to start the rooftop skirmish. Never underestimate a mangaka's ability to throw in a fanservice fight. It's not guaranteed that they'll fight again, but it certainly isn't out of the question just because there doesn't seem to be a reason at this particular point.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 18:37   Link #104
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yes, just like Sasuke was training his ass off pre-timeskip and Naruto still narrowed the gap between them. That's a large part of the reason Sasuke felt he wasn't getting strong fast enough and decided to seek training from Oro.
Well now that Orochimaru is "gone" what will he do now?
Old 2007-07-18, 18:48   Link #105
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Well now that Orochimaru is "gone" what will he do now?
Sasuke had already reached the limit with Oro's training since he was about to take over his body anyway when he defeated him. The only thing left is killing Itachi.

With Deidara gone and Tobi "dead" Sasuke doesn't have much to do at the moment. It's too soon for Itachi, and the rest of Akatsuki will probably be handled by other characters. There's still Kabuto/Oro though. And Sasuke might even fight some other Konoha nin besides Naruto as a measuring stick. But we won't see any of that for awhile.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 19:27   Link #106
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-There is something that cannot yet bring myself to comprehend. Sazelyt mentioned this himself a while back but: exactly how will Naruto catch up with Sasuke? While I am grinding my teeth for posting this I have to admit that Sasuke is looking a lot more impressive in terms of combat than Naruto. Don't get me wrong, Fuuton: Rasenshuriken made a splendid debut but I find it a little hard to believe that Naruto is right now superior to Kakashi (even if he himself has stated it to be true). Maybe I am being reluctant for nothing but in all honesty I cannot even fathom how Naruto could stand up to a fully rested Sasuke...
Old 2007-07-18, 19:31   Link #107
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-There is something that cannot yet bring myself to comprehend. Sazelyt mentioned this himself a while back but: exactly how will Naruto catch up with Sasuke? While I am grinding my teeth for posting this I have to admit that Sasuke is looking a lot more impressive in terms of combat than Naruto. Don't get me wrong, Fuuton: Rasenshuriken made a splendid debut but I find it a little hard to believe that Naruto is right now superior to Kakashi (even if he himself has stated it to be true). Maybe I am being reluctant for nothing but in all honesty I cannot even fathom how Naruto could stand up to a fully rested Sasuke...
I agree with you 100%. I really don't believe that Narutos one all powerfull jutsu is enough to put him on Kakashis level.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-07-18 at 19:58.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 19:36   Link #108
Kyoshin
Senpai*

Quote:
I really hope Naruto has something up his sleeve that we haven't seen. Years of training and still his jutsu variety is nowhere near Sasukes, that is something that i find veryyyyyyyy disappointing.
Kyoshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 19:41   Link #109
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Naruto is the underdog. He is suppose to stand up to insurmountable odds. It makes perfect sense for Naruto to go into their fight badly outmatched. So when he beats Sasuke, it makes the victory so much more impressive.

Kishimoto has also made a big deal about the "Will of Fire". Ninja who have it defeat those that don't. It will probably come into play when Naruto and Sasuke fight again.
Old 2007-07-18, 19:44   Link #110
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Naruto is the underdog. He is suppose to stand up to insurmountable odds. It makes perfect sense for Naruto to go into their fight badly outmatched. So when he beats Sasuke, it makes the victory so much more impressive.

Kishimoto has also made a big deal about the "Will of Fire". Ninja who have it defeat those that don't. It will probably come into play when Naruto and Sasuke fight again.
At this point, at there current levels, if Naruto beats Sasuke it will be nothing more than plot device. Or he may just use the kyuubi agian, but even the kyuubis power didnt give him the win in there first fight. Plus, based on the mangas logic ,right now it may be impossible for Naruto to beat Sasuke. He simply doesn't have the skill to do it.

Ooops. Starting to go off-topic again.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-07-19 at 11:44.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 19:57   Link #111
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

New spoilers

trans of #10 by Asuma from NF...

AL : As for the progress, it's meaningless without new members. If we have new members, the we can continue our goal.

BH : It's more important to get new strong members. Stronger ones than the previous ones.

AL : We can keep in touch if we set off here. (need some correction)

BH : Sooner or later it will be a bother staying here.

AL : This is the place whate we seize, but we have to move to a bigger place.

Also a japanese guy (boyakist649) translated this

Picture of Akatsuki Leader:
「お前が狩れ」
looks like a slight typo on the Japanese text of spoiler above. The translation was correct, the original spoiler was not.

it says: "You capture him" - not 'kill him' as mentioned above.

Perhaps this clears some confusion
Old 2007-07-18, 20:35   Link #112
yungz21

HOLD UP

if DEIDARA AND TOBI are dead that means there are only two teams in akatsuki left and that iS PEIN AND fake AL and ITACHI AND KISAME.
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 20:52   Link #113
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

And then there's Zetsu...
-----------------------------------------

I notice alot of people think it's fishy about the spoilers for next chapter but you have to realize, that kishi is wrapping this story up or, Tobi is just Tobi nobody else and he wasn't any other person plain and simple. Any one of those people could get away, just make up an excuse for it, since this is fiction.

Secondly the AL pic didn't blow alot of theories down the drain, It could be anyone from Madara to Yondaime to a Sarutobi to whoever. They could've switched villages, they could've been born in those villages, all you need to do is put imagination into the plot and there you go it's all changed.

The only hot thing about the next chapter is probably AL and Pein's "info / whatever", Will Tobi survive?, What happens aferwards, name of AL?, or wait......

The plot thickens lol.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 20:56   Link #114
yungz21

maybe tobi live and go onto zetsu's team
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 20:58   Link #115
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

According to the same Akatsuki guys, Hidan and Oro are also dead. But, neither is dead, just incapable of doing anything right now. So, if they say Tobi is dead without any evidence, then, it may be possible that he is still alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Unfortunately, without having any tool to defend against the highly-overpowered Sharingan eyes, his only chance is him being extremely lucky and Sasuke being extremely unlucky - which does not seem to have any kind of possibility of happening due to various reasons. And, if, say, Naruto wins the fight that way, it won't be impressive at all. It will only lower the quality of the series more. So, I don't expect them to fight unless Naruto develops the most effective technique to defend against Sharingan - a technique that neither Deidara nor Orochimaru was able to develop despite their experience, knowledge, and intelligence. Regardless of how stupid that sounds, unnecessarily overpowering Sharingan has opened the path to allow such ridiculous achievements.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 21:04   Link #116
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Tobi will most likely live to see the next day...they just say he's dead cuz of the "supposed" shockwave.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 21:09   Link #117
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Sasuke used genjutsu on Tobi and put him in his pocket before using genjutsu on Manda and entering its pocket.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 21:52   Link #118
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
At this point, at there current levels, if Naruto beats Sasuke it will be nothing more than plot device. Or he may just use the kyuubi agian, but even the kyuubis power didnt give him the win in there first fight. Plus, based on the mangas logic ,right now it may be impossible for Naruto to beat Sasuke. He simply doesn't have the skill to do it.

Ooops. Starting to go off-topic agian.
So 4 tail naruto will still lose?
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 22:18   Link #119
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Sasuke used genjutsu on Tobi and put him in his pocket before using genjutsu on Manda and entering its pocket.
Then they skipped on to candy cane lane....... I think I'm gonna take a break from Naruto, this is just plain lame. Is he running out of character designs? AL looks just like Naruto, and this girl is basically the like any other girl but with different hair.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 22:41   Link #120
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

I have no idea why you people think this story is going to end soon.