AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 200 81.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 11.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.41%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-15, 08:56   Link #301
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
I think the thing that really dismantles the argument of Soujirou being anything but lolicon is that he openly admitted to being one in an earlier episode. He's just a lolicon that stays within the bounds of what the viewers will accept, so he just winds up being funny instead of sickening.
Old 2008-08-15, 09:36   Link #302
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKGLUTTON View Post
Lol, the fact that he said his heart starts thumping around konata I think pretty much dismantles your arguement, lol even dead the mom new. He was indeed...A TRUE LOLICON.
Dismantles which argument (I made a few so I'm not sure which one is under question)? I don't think there's any doubt about his lolicon status, lol. In that episode even, he corrects Kona-chan to say "It would be more correct to say I'm ALSO a lolicon" (because he likes normal girls too). I also think he was being honest (as I said), but typically one does not SAY such things openly unless one is wanting to get that sort of reaction...

Ciao!
Old 2008-10-13, 14:05   Link #303
kamiiru

I just watched this episode and I must say that part with Kanata ghost really touched me *_*
Old 2008-10-14, 02:09   Link #304
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
About a couple of months ago, I found these pictures of the original manga scene with Kanata revisiting her family. I didn't think too much of them at first (And I found them at Something Awful of all places), but after quite an easy search, I found them once again.

I've looked through this thread and they weren't posted, but if they were already posted at the Image Thread, I apologize for my laziness. ^^;

(There are 8 pages, some of them seem to load slower than others)

While I appreciate the fact that this scene was actually from the manga and it's all in color, I do believe in the anime version was much better.

It just really set up the scene quite beautifully with the music and flow. It felt like there was a lot more to Sojiro and Kanata's relationship than we expected. Plus we get that additional footage that makes you feel for them more as they were a striving couple who were evolving into a full family. From the dates and ring and then Konata's birth.

The manga, while I like the fact the scene feels more geniuine to the natural feel of Lucky Star, feels a bit stranger. I do like the subtraction of Yutaka, because all she did in that long scene was make a cute face. (I know she wasn't in this particular section, but all the dialogue leading up to it about Kanata, she was in there for some reason) Not to mention that it says here they would format the camera rather than flat out burn it. Burning feels a bit harsh.

And it makes the two parents look in very dim light compared to their counterparts in the anime. Sojiro appears more a creep and Kanata has this strange sense of snark about her since she's frowning in nearly every page. Some of it made sense like when Sojiro revealed the ero-games, but wow...it's much more simple than the exposition in the anime scene.

Just thought I'd show everyone this.

Last edited by Nukerjsr; 2008-10-14 at 12:35.
Old 2008-10-14, 11:39   Link #305
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Funny coincidence - When I saw this topic was updated and checked out the comics, Kanata's character image song was playing on my ipod. Such a mushy song.

I agree, the anime was a bit more moving, though I can't really knock the original. The flashbacks really helped to bring home Soujirou's line and Kanata's reaction. So did the music. Animation nearly always seems to have that edge over printed media.

Oh, and thanks for sharing Nuke. I'd been wanting to see that.
Old 2008-10-14, 15:53   Link #306
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Spoiler for long quote:
How the hell my translations got to Something Awful I will never know (nor want to know). I've posted them here before...but I don't remember where it is now.

FYI, the manga was drawn after KyoAni put this in the anime. I guess Yoshimizu liked it enough to set this in stone as canon.
Old 2008-10-14, 22:38   Link #307
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
How the hell my translations got to Something Awful I will never know (nor want to know). I've posted them here before...but I don't remember where it is now.

FYI, the manga was drawn after KyoAni put this in the anime. I guess Yoshimizu liked it enough to set this in stone as canon.
Oh, don't worry, it wasn't a flame or anything. I think it was just a regular thread about Lucky Star (which I think is deleted now). I found it on a different forum.

But that's an interesting note though. I guess that's a pretty good thing, but it does make me wonder why it was shortened by that much. Too much work to do?
Old 2008-10-15, 21:59   Link #308
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Oh, don't worry, it wasn't a flame or anything. I think it was just a regular thread about Lucky Star (which I think is deleted now). I found it on a different forum.

But that's an interesting note though. I guess that's a pretty good thing, but it does make me wonder why it was shortened by that much. Too much work to do?
Oh, no, no offense taken, I'm just a little weirded out that it ended up at SA of all places. I'm also not going to assume anyone will read beyond 5 pages of any thread...it's unreasonable torture to demand it from newcomers. >_>;;

I feel that Yoshimizu simply isn't interested in "traditional" long manga. I read in some interview that he admits he likes doing 4-koma best, and I've not heard of any "traditional manga" works from him.

This Kanata segment is the only non-4koma work I've ever seen from him (and frankly I like it). You can tell that he was jumping from one joke to another really fast, so it looks like he either doesn't enjoy or is simply not good at making the dramatic pauses we saw in the anime.
Old 2008-10-16, 13:15   Link #309
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

His ability to render Soujirou in his cute style is quite disturbing.
Old 2008-10-18, 11:26   Link #310
B2-Lancer

Real bad flamewar on this Episode 22 topic I think at Fanfiction com http://www.fanfiction.net/r/4560347/

Still waiting on Kagamin-ShrineMaiden-Rin-Miku Avatar. Work still open?
Old 2008-10-18, 14:50   Link #311
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Real bad flamewar on this Episode 22 topic I think at Fanfiction com http://www.fanfiction.net/r/4560347/

Still waiting on Kagamin-ShrineMaiden-Rin-Miku Avatar. Work still open?
I saw that. The story's pretty average, but the people defending it are making less and less sense with the walls of text...

Which means I'm totally done with Lucky Star on FF.net. The show's about to join the ranks of stuff that I like but whose rabid fandom I dislike.
Old 2008-10-18, 18:04   Link #312
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I saw that. The story's pretty average, but the people defending it are making less and less sense with the walls of text...

Which means I'm totally done with Lucky Star on FF.net. The show's about to join the ranks of stuff that I like but whose rabid fandom I dislike.
I'm a member of the fanfiction community and I would just like to say that she's the only real annoying writer there is. I've talked to several others, even those who have strange or long stories. They are pretty nice and understanding people. It's just her and her "fanboy". I mean, there's traces of her trying to get everyone to read her story all around this board and trying to push her own thoughts on others. (Like shes says Sojiro is a pedophile, not a lolicon)

Last edited by Nukerjsr; 2008-10-19 at 02:29.
Old 2008-10-19, 18:14   Link #313
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Quote:
I'm a member of the fanfiction community and I would just like to say that she's the only real annoying writer there is. I've talked to several others, even those who have strange or long stories. They are pretty nice and understanding people. It's just her and her "fanboy". I mean, there's traces of her trying to get everyone to read her story all around this board and trying to push her own thoughts on others. (Like shes says Sojiro is a pedophile, not a lolicon)
Aren't we all a part of the fandom too, Claies? ._.

I have to agree also. She's really the only "rabid" one I've come across, and I have a serious feeling from just reading the posts that her rabid supporters are all sock puppets.

Just another reason why I'd really like to see a fanfiction topic here... I guess someone needs to PM a mod.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:44   Link #314
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

We're fans, but I don't think we're rabid. Or so I hope. I'm not going to nitpick that stuff.
Old 2008-10-19, 21:38   Link #315
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

You're only rabid if someone says "luckyshit" and then you do a wall of text and rage because of it.
Old 2008-10-20, 15:28   Link #316
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

What he means to say is, as fanfiction authors ourselves, don't let one crazy person represent all of us.
Old 2009-04-01, 22:46   Link #317
typhonsentra

Okay I just watched this episode for the first time....

Pardon my French, but what the fuck? I mean, that last major segment with Konata was a bit much and way out of place in a show like this. It was nicely executed but yeah.... wow.
Closed Thread