5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-27, 13:19   Link #121
Yuna Amakura

Personally I'm not looking forward to Rin's comeback at all.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 13:38   Link #122
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Darius the Third is the last Persian emperor of the Achaemenid empire founded by Cyrus the Great. Defeated by Alexander the Great, Darius' defeat put an end to the tension between Greece and Persia, where you could have a glimpse of it in the movie 300.
Yes, but don't actually be looking for much historical accuracy in 300...

Anyway, whoever it was here who said the author likes to put his characters through worse hells than just killing them off quickly, was right. The entire source of Kayneth's douchey pride just got completely ripped away. Magic certainly seemed like the most important thing to him, and without it I imagine he's like an empty shell with practically his very life taken from him.

Sola definitely seems to want to cuckold him too. Guy has no luck

I like whenever Waver does things that impress someone of Alexander's magnitude. It makes for some nice moments.

Next time, loli Rin? Should be interesting in a series of this atmosphere.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 15:55   Link #123
Aqua Knight

Lancer is just too awesome. I like his outfit a lot, such nice colours.
Old 2011-11-27, 16:00   Link #124
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Madoka View Post
Probably doesn't help the way her intentions are depicted. While it indeed is sensible, the reasons aren't exactly favorable for Kayneth... I mean, it's kinda kicking the dog.
Sure, he may have been a bastard to Waver, a cocky-asshole to probably everyone else, but he truly loves Sola. (and for that matter, he seems to only treat her nicely)
Kayneth and Sola aren't marrying out of love, Sola is the daughter of Kayneth's boss, and since she didn't inherit the crest, she was a political tool for her father, who decided to marry her to kayneth, who in turn agreed. Sola wanted no part of it, it's just that being the second child in a powerful and prestigious house of magi, she was destined to be a political tool, who had no say in anything regarding her life, pretty much. Kayneth never gave a crap about Sola's own feelings, otherwise, he wouldn't have forced her into a marriage she didn't want, to begin with...

so yeah, i don't think she has any obligation whatsoever towards him, she's doing the most sensible thing for someone in her situation in order to stay alive, AND the only reason why she's being cruel is because Kayneth even in that situation is still acting like an egoistical, pompous moron....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 16:22   Link #125
ChronoReverse

What you don't realize is that while Sola doesn't love Kayneth, Kayneth DOES love Sola.

After seeing that dream of Lancer's past, Kayneth wasn't "acting like an egoistical, pompous moron", but rather simply being jealous and scared that Sola was infatuated with Lancer (which she WAS).

What he was wrong about is the intentions of Lancer. He thought Lancer was stealing Sola when that couldn't be further from the truth. He believed Lancer would betray him given a chance and that's why he wanted to keep the command seals.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 16:48   Link #126
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I agree. Kayneth does genuinly love Sola. He's just oblivious to the fact that Sola doesn't love him back.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 17:36   Link #127
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I agree. Kayneth does genuinly love Sola. He's just oblivious to the fact that Sola doesn't love him back.
Well, he's probably not oblivious any more, unless he thinks it's Lancer causing her to do this, which means he'll try to kill Lancer now. Although I don't know what he could do in his current condition though.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 18:12   Link #128
Marik

Yupe. Probably He'll try to kill Lancer, which again confirms Lancer's words that Fate is so cruel.
Marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 19:53   Link #129
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Is Sola captured by Lancer's heroic ability to charm women (if that is a heroic ability, haven't really looked into all the abilities and whatnot)?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 19:54   Link #130
Grey

Have to praise the Lancer story here. It was just so nicely done. The setup with Grainne and Fionn. Then the move into the Lancer-SolaUi-Kayneth dynamic, the voice acting, the animation and the music.

Half an episode and they sucked me in. I want to see the ending of their story the most now.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 19:56   Link #131
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Have to praise the Lancer story here. It was just so nicely done. The setup with Grainne and Fionn. Then the move into the Lancer-SolaUi-Kayneth dynamic, the voice acting, the animation and the music.

Half an episode and they sucked me in. I want to see the ending of their story the most now.
It's certainly nice when they delve into the mythology behind the heroes a bit of course with them adding their own interpretation.

Would be epic if Finn McCool were the hero rather than Diarmud though. He looked pretty badass in the little scenes they showed him. His mythology is more extensive as well.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 20:02   Link #132
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Kayneth never gave a crap about Sola's own feelings, otherwise, he wouldn't have forced her into a marriage she didn't want, to begin with...
You have to put the characters into context. In a world where arranged marriages are the norm, it's not Kayneth not giving a crap about her feelings, but actually and sincerely doing her a favor by letting her marry into a powerful family.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 20:07   Link #133
Marik

Fionn invites Diarmuid on a boar hunt, and Diarmuid is badly gored by their quarry. Water drunk from Fionn's hands has the power of healing, but when Fionn gathers water he deliberately lets it run through his fingers before he gets back to Diarmuid. His grandson Oscar threatens him if does not bring water for Diarmuid, but when Fionn finally returns it is too late; Diarmuid has died..

According to Wikipedia Fionn is really badass lol
Old 2011-11-27, 21:31   Link #134
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marik View Post
Fionn is really badass lol
Finn is a pretty special case within myths, and he's like Ireland's Arthur (as he's the one who will come back when Ireland is in danger). His adventures as a teen/young adult are really heroic and he sets himself as the best Fianna knight/leader and main character of the Fenian Cycle.

Then he gets old, lose his first wife and real love (Sadhbh) in a pretty dirty way and he (and all the Fianna at the Battle of Gabhra) turn villanious and portrayed in negative light at the end of their days.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 22:12   Link #135
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think he was confident in her feelings the entire time. He saw her infatuation progress from the start. Poor guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Is Sola captured by Lancer's heroic ability to charm women (if that is a heroic ability, haven't really looked into all the abilities and whatnot)?
It's a curse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
You have to put the characters into context. In a world where arranged marriages are the norm, it's not Kayneth not giving a crap about her feelings, but actually and sincerely doing her a favor by letting her marry into a powerful family.
That doesn't mean he doesn't care for her. She is a babe and (from what I can discern) can be really nice too.

And this is phenomenal:
Old 2011-11-28, 01:44   Link #136
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Madoka View Post
Probably doesn't help the way her intentions are depicted. While it indeed is sensible, the reasons aren't exactly favorable for Kayneth... I mean, it's kinda kicking the dog.
Sure, he may have been a bastard to Waver, a cocky-asshole to probably everyone else, but he truly loves Sola. (and for that matter, he seems to only treat her nicely).
Eh, Kayneth didn't feel any pain (if it wasn't obvious, his nervous system was numbed). Secondly, yes what Sola did was awful, but she doesn't love him. Period. She's bargained as a tool to marry him like Sakura was fed to the Matous. She doesn't really have a choice about it and they are in the middle of a bloody war. They aren't in a joyride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
It's not what Sola did, it's how she did it that's bitch like. You could say that if she wasn't so extreme, Kayneth would never give her the seals, but honestly he is your husband.
He's not her husband yet, they are engaged. Not by her choice, either.

Many seem to forget that Sola healed his internal organs.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-11-28 at 01:58.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 02:07   Link #137
Goddess Madoka
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
...and then proceeded to break Kayneth's god-damned finger when he refused to give his Command Seals.

Oh, and she was probably gonna cut his hand off if he didn't oblige. So much for healing.

In the end, she healed Kayneth just so he could survive to pass on his command seals, all in her own self-interests.

Last edited by Goddess Madoka; 2011-11-28 at 02:08. Reason: Being Kayneth is Suffering.
Goddess Madoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 03:02   Link #138
Marik

Is anyone start watching Fate / Stay Night again? Just curiosity. I thought that It would be great to start watching Fate / Stay Night while I'm waiting for the next episode of Fate / Zero.
Old 2011-11-28, 03:24   Link #139
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Because if he died, she wouldn't have the chance to take his command spells
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 03:28   Link #140
Key Board
Carbon

Remember that even Saber can't resist his gentlemanly charms and betrayed Kiritsugu by letting Lancer go aid his master

If a heroic spirit can't resist his swag, what chances does a human woman does?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote