AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 13:35   Link #261
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

You might be right on the turning speed, That might be the reason why I die fast; turning at the wrong time.

Got my Stug III so went straight for a mod.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.....ylewith-flags/

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 13:45   Link #262
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Yeah, I almost wanted to reskin my tanks. But then, I found out... if you reskin your tank, every other tank of the same model would look just like yours, which renders your own to be not so special. So I decided against it, eventually.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:19   Link #263
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Been playing with my Churchill Mk. VII since I got it, and wow... Haven't had that many shots bounce off my hull in quite a while on any tank I've had, not since playing with the E-75 in the test servers. Sure it's slow, and it's gun isn't the best, but if you're the top tank in a match you will bounce nearly everything thrown at you.

Also, just joined this clan. Awesome emblem right there

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-11-14 at 14:29.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:34   Link #264
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*sigh*

And some of us were thinking about creating a clan...

Unfortunately, the enthusiasm died in about 72 hours. Oh well

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-11-14 at 14:54.
Old 2012-11-14, 14:34   Link #265
Sumeragi
Banned

There is a way to reskin only your tank..... but it'll take some time to look for it.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:36   Link #266
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
*sigh*

And some of us were thinking about creating a clan...

Unfortunately, the enthusiasm died in about 72 hours. Oh well

- tak
so you planning to join that clan?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:36   Link #267
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That link also show there a EU version of the clan.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:40   Link #268
willx
Nyaaan~~

I personally am still up for creating our own clan, but getting up to 15 players to participate in clan wars might be harder that way.. but having our members being the founding core leadership I think would be somewhat important..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:49   Link #269
LeoXiao
思想工作

Actually having a clan that can participate in clan wars requires far more than 15 members because territory is contested like every day and not everyone can play every day at the same time so you have to have lots of replacements. 40-50 is probably the minimum.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:55   Link #270
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
so you planning to join that clan?
No, not at all. As with Willx, I am still up for creating our own NA clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I personally am still up for creating our own clan, but getting up to 15 players to participate in clan wars might be harder that way.. but having our members being the founding core leadership I think would be somewhat important..
Indeed, if people chipped in, we only had to pay around $2.50 out of pocket per person. Unfortunately, that seemed rather daunting to some.

I have not given up and am definitely up for it if more people would respond.

- Tak (Did I mention the 69th member of our group gets a cookie?)

Old 2012-11-14, 14:57   Link #271
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll see if I can gift some gold to Tak sometime next week. Need to get permission from my beloved for expensing game stuff.

Or if I need to, I'll just buy 3000 gold and make the clan myself.
Old 2012-11-14, 15:01   Link #272
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'll see if I can gift some gold to Tak sometime next week. Need to get permission from my beloved for expensing game stuff.
Sume, if you gift-gold, it'd probably cost more than to just send me payment of $2.50 ~ $2.75 by paypal, depending on how many participate. Unless there is a way to transfer gold without going thru WoT's website limitations that I do not know of.

I've got 3 people including you signed up for this. So lets cross our fingers. I just need two more responses from those who said they were interested, and the clan is definitely a go.

- Tak

Old 2012-11-14, 15:06   Link #273
willx
Nyaaan~~

The 3,000 gold isn't that much of an issue at all really. I'd gladly pay the whole amount if necessary. I'd say it's the query of interest in joining in and participating, there are only a handful of animesuki WoT players after all.. Although frankly, creating one just so we could have a "Clan chat" and other features is probably worth the cash..

Also, whoever is likely to be more active (read: online more and be the ones dealing with emblems and clan management) should probably create .. and that definitely won't be me ..

PS: Seeing as I've spent over $200 bucks on League of Legends, a few bucks on World of Tanks shouldn't be a big deal..

Outcome remains uncertain
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 15:10   Link #274
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
The 3,000 gold isn't that much of an issue at all really. I'd gladly pay the whole amount if necessary. I'd say it's the query of interest in joining in and participating, there are only a handful of animesuki WoT players after all.. Although frankly, creating one just so we could have a "Clan chat" and other features is probably worth the cash..

Also, whoever is likely to be more active (read: online more and be the ones dealing with emblems and clan management) should probably create .. and that definitely won't be me ..
Yeah, I wanted everyone to pitch in because it'd show that we have at least committed fellows to play WoT. If we had lukewarm interest, then there is probably no need to create a clan at all. Now, a handful is still a lot. We do have more than half-dozen people right off the bat voicing their interest. Now, we just need to turn that interest into some sort of commitment.

Never mind the fact that it'd be vastly more convenient.

That being said, once the clan is created, I am going to have the emblem published in our group, and we can all discuss what could be best for us.

- Tak

Old 2012-11-14, 15:50   Link #275
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx
Well, Sume/Dai plays the most damn aggressive StuG/StuH that I've ever seen.. so I'm not going to necessarily suggest anyone emulate that style of play.. But not using the speed and maneuverability of the PzIV and III/IV seems like such a waste to me.. Especially when it's so much easier to spot the IV in bushes vs. the StuG.
I follow what the StuH 42 is supposed to be: An assault gun. Basically, given that assault guns are supposed to help with a direct fire role, they have to be at the front lines to be a truly successful. Under that principle, I charge into the best location to cover myself and have a line of fire, blasting away with my 10.5 cm howitzer. It's not a role most people are willing to do (TDs tend to be the snipers), but I find that as long as I know what I'm doing, I can hold out enough for the reinforcements to come in and break the enemy.

Here is what I can be capable of:

Here's the ultimate irony with the medal.....

Spoilers
Spoiler for Shiny New Medal
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-14, 15:51   Link #276
Tak

Quote:
Here's the ultimate irony with the medal.....

Spoilers
Spoiler for Shiny New Medal
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
APOLOGIZE TO THE FINNS, NOW!

- Tak

Old 2012-11-14, 16:09   Link #277
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I follow what the StuH 42 is supposed to be: An assault gun. Basically, given that assault guns are supposed to help with a direct fire role, they have to be at the front lines to be a truly successful. Under that principle, I charge into the best location to cover myself and have a line of fire, blasting away with my 10.5 cm howitzer. It's not a role most people are willing to do (TDs tend to be the snipers), but I find that as long as I know what I'm doing, I can hold out enough for the reinforcements to come in and break the enemy.
That's if the rest of the team also knows what they're doing, which is usually not the case. More often than not people will ignore your act of wisdom or even call you a noob when you charge out to a strategic location* and facepalm moments like the AMX 13 90 saying "I'll defend the arty" are common**. Something that people often forget is that this game is ALL about moving around. If your arty got killed it means that your team attacked at the wrong axis or wasn't flexible enough to cover enough fronts. In any case, as long as you win it doesn't matter if the arty are lost. It's never an issue of defense unless you somehow have knowledge of where the enemy will come from, which one never does. It's not "World of WW1 Static Warfare", it's WoT.

*= an exception exists in the "hill" on the Mines map; practically everyone goes there, leaving the other flanks open.

**= If anyone in an able-bodied tank EVER feels the need to explicitly "defend" arty in a public match, they've already lost the moral battle as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2012-11-14, 16:35   Link #278
Sumeragi
Banned

Did I ever told you about my holding the windmill against two Derp M4s and some light tank in Malinovka for more than a minute? That's the kind of thing I do, until my side gets the heavies prepared to take the hill.
Old 2012-11-14, 16:43   Link #279
LeoXiao
思想工作

The windmill is a good place to hold at. The longer you survive the more likely it is for some of your comrades to notice and make moves to help.
Old 2012-11-14, 18:11   Link #280
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Been playing with my Churchill Mk. VII since I got it, and wow... Haven't had that many shots bounce off my hull in quite a while on any tank I've had, not since playing with the E-75 in the test servers. Sure it's slow, and it's gun isn't the best, but if you're the top tank in a match you will bounce nearly everything thrown at you.
The Valentine is exactly the same for me with a high percentage of hits deflecting/ bouncing off.

Just a shame its gun isn't that great otherwise it would be a formidable foe.

On another note I moved up to a T40 tank destroyer which is a good step up from the T28 since its got noticeably better armor and also lets me carry over and fit that devastating 105 howitzer without having to research it.

The only downside so far is that its slightly slower but that said I have yet to fit any of the upgraded engines.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks