AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-12-31, 13:39   Link #181
NK_500
Disabled By Request

As I already saw SAO "winning" many miles away and at least for me Another is the true "winner" of this thread. It's true Another had excellent production values but too bad it was wasted, though nowhere as bad as K(in term of wasting the production values) though.

I also glad that Arcana Famiglia did make it to the top 4. At least lots of other people agree on how bad it is.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 14:35   Link #182
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

(it's not midnight for me =P)

Disappointment...
  • Rinne no Lagrange (biggest dissapointment)
  • Guilty Crown
  • Aquarian EVOL

--- end vote ------

TL;DR…
the awful ones, and thoughts
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

[edit]

Just a heads up,
RESULTS ARE ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE

Last edited by felix; 2012-12-31 at 15:23.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 20:16   Link #183
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

@justsomeguy
I just couldn't bring myself to post any pics from its third season. Yeah it's misleading but I want to unbiased as possible.

@felix
I do feel sorry for you but unfortunately I already used Singapore's time zone from beginning. Maybe for 2013 I will use the London's instead. At least it is a time zone that everyone can use.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 20:34   Link #184
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Here is the pic for Can't Take My Eyes Off You:

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 20:38   Link #185
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

lol, both "SAO" and "Another" are absolutely wrong here IMO, as i did enjoy them from beginning to end. Can't say anything about the other shows because i didn't watch them.

Anyway: Happy new year from Germany!
Old 2012-12-31, 21:02   Link #186
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
I also glad that Arcana Famiglia did make it to the top 4. At least lots of other people agree on how bad it is.
Do i need to point out again that this is not the worst animes of 2012 thread but rather the biggest disappointments of 2012? Those 2 are not the same.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 21:09   Link #187
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Here is the pic for Can't Take My Eyes Off You:

Thank you! Now this picture sucks, than the previous.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 23:50   Link #188
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, at the same time, next year I wouldn't mind if we could think of some way to consolidate the threads or do it better. There's a "most disappointing", "most surprising", "Best OP/ED", and then there'll be the "Choice Awards"... from my point of view, it's already too many threads that sort of do revolve around lists anyway (and there might have been more). I'm not really sure how to make it better, but I'd prefer if we can come up with some way of consolidating it somehow. (It's either that or, maybe, you create a "2013 Year in Review" sub-forum and just have everything grouped together there? But on the other hand, that's making it ever worse...)

(I have to admit that I generally have a dislike for popularity contests of all kinds, so trying to turn this into some sort of "vote" to see what show's the "number one most disappointing" really doesn't appeal to me at all. It really doesn't convey much of value because the reasons something is disappointing are more important than the count. The count itself is mostly a function of the popularity or hype; the more people tried anything, the more people will (probably) be disappointed by it. See also the endless list posts on a certain NSFW anime-themed blog where all the lists are almost always the same, with most-hyped shows at the top of both favourites and most-hated.)
So does that mean that this year the staff are gonna disallow all those kinds of threads? It would be way easier really, it seems that too many people are getting offended in some way by these threads. . .probably better to just scrap them altogether.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 07:07   Link #189
Elestia

The Hayate no Gotoku anime warrants some hype since they did say that it was supposedly a reboot of the series, but to be honest the style and animation of the iteration was abysmally poor compared to the previous designs. Much of the quality and character consistency were completely thrown out of the window by the end of the third episode with our beloved Hinagiku mutilated beyond recognition in certain shots.

How they managed to balls it up so badly from this to this shot is beyond me.

Old 2013-01-01, 07:26   Link #190
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It reminds me of character designs from the 90s, where hair can be totally exaggerated.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 07:28   Link #191
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ It reminds me of character designs from the 90s, where hair can be totally exaggerated.
The soft hair and the glossy eye lashes...
Old 2013-01-02, 17:42   Link #192
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

SAO followed by Another, hmm? Interesting, very interesting.
Old 2013-01-02, 18:04   Link #193
kitten320

Definetly SAO! Did not finish it yet but I don't see it improving =/
I heard so many praises: cool characters, original plot and etc...

Sorry but only few of those were met and also barely!

Interesting characters? WHERE?! We only have 2 characters, invincible Kirito and Dam aka Asuna in distress. Well ok we also got Kirito's sister in second half so it is 3.

Original story? I won't deny, premises was promising but that's where it all ends. First arc has no consistency. Characters don't develop despite having 2 year gap! Ok Kirito did change but in 2 episodes!
We also have another Dam in distress arc, an over used denied cousin love, dumb females who fall for MC just because and so on!

A real waste of a time and potential =/

It had some nice ideas but they were never properly excecuted. At least pacing got better in part 2 and we have more characters. If they were to combine 2 arcs together, we could have a masterpiece.

Another was disappointing too. Main problem, no memorable characters or development. I didn't give a damn about who would die next because writers never bothered to flash them out. Ending also was wrong... not to spoil anything but it makes no sence since the culprit looks nothing alike to what we knew =/

But it did have some nice parts that I liked so it is not as bas as SAO.

Kore wa Zombie 2 - really sad to say it since I liked season 1 but this didn't do it for me. It was 12 episodes of pure fanservice, no story.
At least first season had something going on and build suspension, here it was just a waste.
Old 2013-01-02, 18:55   Link #194
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Another was disappointing too. Main problem, no memorable characters or development. I didn't give a damn about who would die next because writers never bothered to flash them out. Ending also was wrong... not to spoil anything but it makes no sence since the culprit looks nothing alike to what we knew =/
I feel you may have missed a few things, though it's not my place to say.
Spoiler for Ending:

Only speaking personally here, but I kind of liked how the majority of the characters had monotonous, stale and hard-to-establish personalities. It forced the viewers to be more focused on Misaki, and the deaths could be piled up without people losing a character they really got invested into. The characters are for the kill count, and Misaki is for the story. Sakakibara is one I would agree on, he's boring and he lives.
Old 2013-01-02, 19:04   Link #195
kitten320

To be honest I stopped believing that it was Misaki after episode 2-3 =/
I also was annoyed how series kept jumping around the bush. It took almost half of a show to cover what we already knew from description =/

I know that there were reasons for that but they handled it badly.

Spoiler for MEGA spoiler:
Old 2013-01-02, 22:21   Link #196
Fuyuno
Banned

It looks like I'm late for the closing party and really disappointed that K didn't make it to the top 4. At least Arcana Famiglia did though it was shared.
Fuyuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 04:13   Link #197
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
As I promised, I decided to end the voting right now. No more votes after this post.
Now that voting is over, is it possible for you to edit the first post and add in the results? Before this thread gets any longer and the results get buried deeper.
Old 2013-01-04, 06:56   Link #198
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Rinne no Lagrange and EVOL. I had such high hopes for them, but the plot for both series just sort of goes downhill after the first half, which is a shame considering I really like the premise and the characters.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 11:18   Link #199
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I dropped SAO right after i found out about PKers.
Old 2013-01-04, 20:18   Link #200
NoemiChan
Banned

Just could not finished these animes.. so I think they failed for me..... even after 2-3 months of downloading...

Girls und Panzers > Bad aiming made me drop this...
Code Breaker > lacks romance, sorry
K > yaoi paradise
Little Buster > what is this anime all about anyway?

Note: Will update soon.