AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-05-07, 19:23   Link #61
sayde

I like this chapter. Aizen would be proud.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 22:03   Link #62
Artful Dodger

This chapter was pretty cool if only because of the loose ends it tied up. Its always hilarious to me when people are ranting on about unexplained plot-developments which they call "plot-holes" in this story, believing they've once again keenly discovered another point in the story at which this clumsy, neglectful author "Kishi" has once again screwed up the story-line, because oh, nothing gets past them!

Of course, its almost always resolved later on(sometimes even within the next chapter) with a perfectly plausible explanation, which sometimes consists of merely a sentence or two, lol its hilarious.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 22:05   Link #63
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
Obito will not give it that easy there will be a handicap on that eye! Plus Madara can't be that powerful because he simply is not the final villain cough cough Kaguya revived

I'm with everyone on Sakura; what will/can she do. She not even on Tsunade's level.
I dunno.

Tsunade is old now and it seems like that Sakura has more Chakra than Tsunade considering what Tsunade said and after all the Chakra she spent keeping Naruto alive she's still ready for a brawl. I'm sure her super human abilities will come in handy in the fight.

Or at the very least get Naruto to fight harder because he wasn't to impress her when they're fighting side by side.

Besides, I'm sure Sakura will still be used to heal them up during the fighting as what Naruto did seemed to take a bit of focus and he cannot really do that while fighting Madara. After all, he's their ace and true power house so he's going to end up fighting Madera head to head more than Sasuke and Sakura combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That would be amazing, and really be the only way to keep her relevant. Even if she just destroyed it and still made that switch, having her pull the wool over Madara's eyes would be awesome.
I don't see that happening due to how freaked out Sakura seemed over Madera getting that eye. If it was a fact than she wouldn't have anything to worry about.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 22:52   Link #64
The Green One

So everyone has their final powerup now, Madra has both eyes and is obviously going to be full healed, and Team 7 is all together now. Looks like this is likely the beginning of the end.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 23:13   Link #65
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
So everyone has their final powerup now, Madra has both eyes and is obviously going to be full healed, and Team 7 is all together now. Looks like this is likely the beginning of the end.
im actually not ready to say that madara has both eyes yet. i mean its the most likely scenario but seeing as how we get the Kamui animation on the last page, i am led to believe that at the very least, one of obitos eyes is still in play here. plus i dont think obito is going to be dying off camera. its wishful thinking i suppose but the way madara and obito were facing each other, shary to shary and rinny to rinny, obito may have pull one last trick to prevent the eye from being stolen...or not
Old 2014-05-07, 23:20   Link #66
The Green One

I'd say he has to have both eyes now. Six paths Naruto and Sasuke soundly owned Madra when he just had one and he's now cut in half. He probably needed the other eye to heal himself among other things, It's the only way I can see him having the power to fight the current Naruto and Sasuke.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 23:33   Link #67
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
im actually not ready to say that madara has both eyes yet. i mean its the most likely scenario but seeing as how we get the Kamui animation on the last page, i am led to believe that at the very least, one of obitos eyes is still in play here. plus i dont think obito is going to be dying off camera. its wishful thinking i suppose but the way madara and obito were facing each other, shary to shary and rinny to rinny, obito may have pull one last trick to prevent the eye from being stolen...or not
+1 also Madara is not the final boss

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 23:38   Link #68
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I'd say he has to have both eyes now. Six paths Naruto and Sasuke soundly owned Madra when he just had one and he's now cut in half. He probably needed the other eye to heal himself among other things, It's the only way I can see him having the power to fight the current Naruto and Sasuke.
we don't even know if this is madara coming from the other dimension or not. i kinda think it's obito. he probably doesn't have black zetsu or the rinnegan anymore though
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 23:40   Link #69
Destined_Fate

Quote:
+1 also Madara is not the final boss
Don't you mean that Madara will pull a "This is not even my Final Form!" excuse for a last second power up?
Old 2014-05-07, 23:44   Link #70
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Don't you mean that Madara will pull a "This is not even my Final Form!" excuse for a last second power up?
No I think Kaguya is going to revive some how. She may take over Madara's body. All the references to how evil and cruel she was is food for thought. We saw the sage of the 6 paths. Why won't we see Kaguya?

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 00:12   Link #71
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Im pretty sure that's exactly what we're going to get. she'll use that tsunade mitosis technique and be a shield for naruto and sasuke to use as they setup combo attacks. i'm sure she'll manage a few super-strong punches as well
Shes not even useful for that anymore. Naruto can bring people back from the brink of death, and insta-heal peoples damaged organs. Hopefully kakashi and her run off to do some other side mission. She should go and heal 1'st and 2nd. And tell the other kage's to get off their asses.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 06:27   Link #72
noktown

Quote:
No I think Kaguya is going to revive some how. She may take over Madara's body. All the references to how evil and cruel she was is food for thought. We saw the sage of the 6 paths. Why won't we see Kaguya?
I thought you were implying Sasuke,I still don't buy the whole "Sasuke wants to become a Hokage",but Kaguya is cool too.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 09:01   Link #73
Xagzan

So now Sakura has been rendered completely extraneous, hm? She's definitely not as strong as Naruto or Sasuke, and now Naruto heals way more efficiently than she does.

If there were a more glaring example of how badly she needs some kind of power up, it was this chapter.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 09:30   Link #74
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
So now Sakura has been rendered completely extraneous, hm? She's definitely not as strong as Naruto or Sasuke, and now Naruto heals way more efficiently than she does.

If there were a more glaring example of how badly she needs some kind of power up, it was this chapter.

im not sure sakura has become all that useless. no medical ninja has been able to replace vital organs or regenerate lost ones if i recall correctly. Naruto is just on a different level is all.

additionally she isnt being forced into a situation that somehow magically makes her relevant again. she fits here. we have been told over and over that only sage jutsy (shout out to MK )and powerful taijutsu are the only weapons against madaras current form.
there is a small and i mean tiny chance she got some sage training somewhere, but at the very least we KNOW she has decent strength taijutsu at her disposal. and if tsunade is her measuring rod (and gai sensei for that matter) my guess is that she can have a genuinely significant role in the next phase of this battle. (maybe she can achieve eight gate strength without the speed. and since she wears the diamond, no risk of mortal injury).
im looking forward to teamwork 7
Old 2014-05-08, 13:14   Link #75
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:

It's not healing, just like Chiyo resurrecting Gaara was not healing. Healing can be done by normal humans, but that power is from the Sage of 6 paths, it's above the human abilities that all other ninja have. So there's no point in comparing Sakura to Naruto, Sasuke and Madara now, and so there's no powerup that would suddenly put her on their level. She competes in a different league, and she's one of the best, just don't compare her achievments to those who are directly connected to the source of everything in the ninja world.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 14:35   Link #76
Destined_Fate

Quote:

I believe that "physically" she's stronger than Naruto and Sasuke combined however I'm not sure that will make up that Naruto has Sage Powers now and Sasuke has a sweet new eye.

So she may need a last second power up to make her more even to them as they're both at god-like status atm with Naruto being the strongest due to Sage Powers.
Old 2014-05-08, 15:16   Link #77
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
She competes in a different league, and she's one of the best, just don't compare her achievments to those who are directly connected to the source of everything in the ninja world.
but the problem is that kishi keeps trying to hammer the team 7 ideal into our heads. i agree with you that she's not in their league, but the author keeps trying to make us believe that she belongs with them
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 15:18   Link #78
Cookie-Monster

Quote:

She can't just get some random powerup. At best she is upper tier of the konoha class.

If sakura was going to be super strong, she needed a compelling storyline from the get-go.

It would have made sense too. Sarutobi decides to let kakashi tutor the three "special kids". One is the last surviving uchiha, whom Itachi asked for him to be cared for. The other is the 4th's Orphan and the kyuubi's junchiriki. And the third is ..... a book-smart girl whos biggest angst is girl fights with her friend?

If sakura had some tragic background like Pain, Kabuto, Kisame .... etc. Or if she had some special lineage etc. The she could be powered up without problem throughout the show. But as she stands, its just painful to watch any power up attempts. Sasuke and Naruto reached Kage status hundreds of chapters ago. Sakura is still a jounin, and even then shes not at the level of Kakashi or Gai. Her training with Tsunade probably brought her to Lee and Neji level.

This chapter also explained why Obito didn't just crush the eyeball himself lol. It seemed absurd that he was asking sakura to do it for him. He coulda just plucked it out and mashed it.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 15:27   Link #79
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Watch Obito to be the one to come out of the portal
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 15:57   Link #80
Destined_Fate

Not everyone needs a tragic background. After all Sakura is supposed to be the one who binds the team considering how far she has went for both Naruto and Sasuke at her own personal sacrifice.

Naruto is the Heart and Sasuke is the... Err..

Something.

Look, Sakura has been getting a lot of training from a Sanin. Hell she's been getting trained by Tsunade longer than Naruto was mentored by Jiraya. So her getting a last ditch power-up that puts her life at risk if she uses it wouldn't be all that surprising as it being an emergency power would explain why she hasn't used it.

Hell, give her a flashback of Tsunade teaching her it and telling her only to use it as a last resort.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion