AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-06, 14:03   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Nanoha - Requests for new threads

Since the Nanoha forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Nanoha thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2006-10-06, 17:04   Link #2
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Can we have an image thread please.
Old 2006-10-06, 17:41   Link #3
Lemon
Tiana Lanster Fangirl

Not sure if they could create enought dissucions, but If they do, Maybe a Nanoha The Comics thread could be made, for the manga that runs in megami, both old a new in one thread.
Old 2006-10-06, 18:30   Link #4
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Can we request a Merchandise Thread? There is more Goodies, Figures Of nanoha Series we can unified
Old 2006-10-06, 18:39   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thanks for creating this subforum and organizing for the Nanoha threads.

(couldn't think of anywhere else to put it)
Old 2006-10-10, 08:28   Link #6
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hmm... I wonder, would a favourite character poll be worth it? Since there are two seasons' worth of development, plus the fact that StrikerS is introducing older versions of the characters, a poll for the young versions before that might be good. Still, it might just be a waste of time (other than for the hardcore fans like us ).

Well, I'd like to request it if the mods don't think it'll be a waste
Old 2006-10-10, 11:33   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Hmm... I wonder, would a favourite character poll be worth it?
I think it's a good idea. Get a poll started now before the third season begins and see how it changes over time.

I'm only on ep three of the first season so I'm not sure who the characters are yet but I'll check to see if Wiki has a better list. The main question will be who should it include (assuming around the 6 to 16 character selection). Suggestions welcome.
Old 2006-10-10, 11:57   Link #8
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Cool, thanks Xris The main characters are:

Nanoha
Fate
Yuuno
Arf
Chrono
Amy
Admiral Lindy
Precia maybe? Not really sure about that one.
Lotte & Aria (together as one entry? Or maybe seperate since they do have different personalities)
Suzuka
Arisa
Maybe Nanoha's family, but that'd probably be too much and they don't play a major role anyway

A's specific characters:
Hayate
Signum
Shamal
Vita
Zaphira
Reinforce

I think that's pretty much all the main ones. Any I'm missing?

edit: Not sure how I managed to forget reinforce Added!
Old 2006-10-10, 12:07   Link #9
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Can we request a Music Video Thread?
For Video like the AMV of Petco on his sign
Old 2006-10-10, 12:53   Link #10
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I'd change that to a more general music/ music video thread, so we can discuss the music from the series and so on as well, rather than limiting it to just AMV's
Old 2006-10-11, 23:37   Link #11
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
I'd change that to a more general music/ music video thread, so we can discuss the music from the series and so on as well, rather than limiting it to just AMV's
Yeah, a general music/music video thread is a good idea. I'll whip something up.
Old 2006-10-12, 11:15   Link #12
Yuelon
喜怒哀

I agree as well, cause most of the songs in Nanoha were great
We can share our comments about the musics etc
Whether do I not know
Why can't we be togather like Moon & Stars.

Old 2006-10-13, 11:30   Link #13
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Still need some help here guys

Should we create one or two polls? We can have separate polls (and therefore a different character mix) for the first two series, or would it be better to have just one poll (since it's now difficult to differentiate the choices as the series have been over for a while now)?

BTW, the poll (or polls) would be multiple choice.

Looking at Wiki, it lists the following for the first series.

Nanoha Takamachi
Yuuno Scrya
Fate Testarossa
Arf
Lindy Haraoun
Chrono Haraoun
Amy Limietta
Alisa Bannings (Arisa Bannings?)
Suzuka Tsukimura

Wiki doens't list Lotte/ Aria and so far I haven't come across them yet having only seen the first 4 eps (I thought maybe they appear in ep 5 but I think it's Arf in human form). They are listed as part of Nanoha A's.

Shall we include Raising Heart (Raging Heart), Bardiche? Any other characters?
Quote:
Nanoha
Fate
Yuuno
Arf
Chrono
Amy
Admiral Lindy
Precia maybe? Not really sure about that one.
Lotte & Aria (together as one entry? Or maybe seperate since they do have different personalities)
Suzuka
Arisa
Maybe Nanoha's family, but that'd probably be too much and they don't play a major role anyway

A's specific characters:
Hayate
Signum
Shamal
Vita
Zaphira
Reinforce
Old 2006-10-13, 18:27   Link #14
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I suggest a poll for each season. It'd be cool to track who comes ahead and falls behind (as I'm expecting to happen with Arf and such) and who wins over the hearts of the fans.

And yeah, you won't find the twins in season 1. Tho I suggest we include Reinforce in the A's thread but not Reinforce 2 as that's moreso a StrikerS thing.

I suggest it be like this:

s1 list:
Nanoha
Fate
Yuuno
Arf
Chrono
Amy
Lindy
Precia
Suzuka
Arisa

A's list:
Nanoha
Fate
Yuuno
Arf
Chrono
Amy
Lindy
Precia
Suzuka
Arisa
Hayate
Signum
Shamal
Vita
Zaphira
Reinforce
Aria
Lotte
Graham

I put Linnis in with Nanoha's Family. i.e. having roles too small to include. Is everyone else OK with this setup?

EDIT: Removing something stupid of me and also I just noticed the A's list may be too big.
Old 2006-10-13, 21:36   Link #15
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I don't see any real need for Precia to be in the A's list as she's not a 'playable character (tm)' in A's.

Forgot that the twins weren't in the first season, really need to watch that again (I admit, I favour A's simply for the awesomeness of the last 4 eps ).

Other than Precia in A's the lists look good to me.
Old 2006-10-14, 20:14   Link #16
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I'm just throwing this out there, but how about having a "Favorite Devices" thread?

The devices can be considered characters, too, but throwing them all into the character poll would be overkill. The thread can be used to discuss the devices, their spells (like all that "A, AA, AAA, etc." power ranking and whatnot), and stuff like that.

The devices would be:
Raising Heart
Bardiche
S2U
Graf Eisen
Laevatein
Klarwind
Durandal
Reinforce (yeah, I know she's in the character poll too, so...I'm not sure how that's going to work ^^; )
Book of Darkness (would you guys say that this counts? I'm not so sure on this)
Old 2006-10-15, 06:05   Link #17
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst
I'm just throwing this out there, but how about having a "Favorite Devices" thread?

The devices can be considered characters, too, but throwing them all into the character poll would be overkill. The thread can be used to discuss the devices, their spells (like all that "A, AA, AAA, etc." power ranking and whatnot), and stuff like that.
This sounds a good idea I think. We can make it a "Devices Discussion" thread (which also has a poll attached ), since I'm sure there are a few topics about the devices that are worthy of discussion (even if it's just the Raising/Raging Heart issue )

The poll you suggested looks good. I'll have a look on Wiki to see what they list (I need to do this since I'm still on the first series, so spoilers abound for me ). It shouldn't matter that Reinforce is in the other poll since this would be a poll for Devices.

Any comments? Is the list suggested by Maximum Burst suitable? I would also make the poll multiple choice since that way you can vote for your favourites instead of having to choose just one.

Oh yes, any suggestions for a better thread title than Devices Discussion / Poll would be welcome.
Old 2006-10-15, 10:55   Link #18
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yea, the device thread sounds good. Altho i prefer Raging Heart over Raising Heart, but this is meh - people use both of them all the time :P But i simply cant stand Laevatein - just try to spell that :P Better use the name thats in the subs - Levantine >.<

As for the thread name - its fine, they really are called devices. Book of darkness and Reinforce are tricky ones, but i think they should be here - after all, they are magical devices given a human form. Its no big deal that they are in the character poll, since we could as well add Raging heart / Bardiche / Levantine to the character poll as well - i mean these devices also have personality
Old 2006-10-15, 14:59   Link #19
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

HAHAHA. Sorry for forgetting about Precia in A's. Well, I didn't forget that she was a mere plot point. I moreso forgot to cut her out of the list I copy/pasted. LOL
Old 2006-10-15, 17:51   Link #20
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

The names that I posted in my list are the names taken off of the cards that came with the A's DVDs, so I think it's safe to assume they're the official names. Now if only Alph (Arf...whatever) had a card...
Closed Thread