Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-11, 00:39   Link #9781
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Then you better start praying to whatever deity you worship and hope the production team would be inspired to make a second season of GuP.

- Tak
I am fairly certain there is one already in production.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=144813
Old 2017-02-19, 09:01   Link #9782
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I am fairly certain there is one already in production.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=144813
Awesome! Love this show.
Old 2017-02-27, 23:15   Link #9783
Gravitas Free Zone

More panzers for your Nendo Petites.

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY...C_NEM_WD_00029

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY...C_NEM_WD_00030
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 19:19   Link #9784
Toukairin
Banned

I noticed that Saunders had at least 2 or 3 cues from the soundtrack dedicated to their school, but I always wondered how St.Gloriana don't have a secondary theme (other than the classic Grenadiers' March) for the amount of exposure Darjeling and Orange Pekoe have in and off the action. Hopefully, that will be solved in the next series.

I would like to listen to this as well when St.Gloriana shows up:

Not a traditional military musical cue, but a song that you would easily associate with Tommies.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 19:26   Link #9785
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I start to get curious as to what happened all those years ago when the school stopped partaking in tanks and left their remaining tanks hidden all over the carrier.

Or what the previous generation was like in the tournaments. Seeing Miho's mother as a high schooler and if the other mothers were involved at all in the sport. Hana's mother seemed to have some trauma associated with it. Makes you wonder sometimes.
Old 2017-03-15, 19:35   Link #9786
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Speculation: when Miho and her classmates' story ends with Final Chapter, they will follow up with a prequel story.
Old 2017-03-15, 22:35   Link #9787
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Speculation: when Miho and her classmates' story ends with Final Chapter, they will follow up with a prequel story.
Like maybe show Miho's time at Kuromorimine up to that last battle - that they can show the entirety of ala Ooarai vs. Anzio - where she saves her teammates.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 23:28   Link #9788
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm down for having both a prequel and a spin-off featuring Shiho's time as a student
Old 2017-03-16, 11:56   Link #9789
Wertix555

I think it was a bit of a dick move to hide the tank throughout the carrier.
Wertix555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:53   Link #9790
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd like to know why their remaining tanks were scattered all over the carrier. What caused the last group to do that? What it about two decades prior to the series? Was it ever stated how long the school had not being involved in the sport? One of the old ladies said she hadn't seen one is a long time while on the carrier.
Old 2017-03-16, 15:06   Link #9791
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
I'd like to know why their remaining tanks were scattered all over the carrier. What caused the last group to do that? What it about two decades prior to the series? Was it ever stated how long the school had not being involved in the sport? One of the old ladies said she hadn't seen one is a long time while on the carrier.
Especially the Porsche Tiger - how the heck did it end up so deep within the carrier AND in one piece? lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 15:24   Link #9792
Wertix555

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Especially the Porsche Tiger - how the heck did it end up so deep within the carrier AND in one piece? lol
Or where did they even get a Porsche Tiger since all of them were converted to Ferdinands.
Old 2017-03-16, 16:33   Link #9793
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No one every said any of these tanks were left over from World War II. In fact most cannot be since like the Porsche Tiger, some do not exist any more. And some do not exist in enough numbers to field with high school girls on a regular basis and outfit all the schools on the list.

There is only one functional Maus for example. There is only one Karl-Great left. There are three Jagdtigers left. One Porsche Tiger was used in combat as a command tank, but it was lost during the war.
Old 2017-03-16, 17:12   Link #9794
Wertix555

Quote:
No one every said any of these tanks were left over from World War II. In fact most cannot be since like the Porsche Tiger, some do not exist any more. And some do not exist in enough numbers to field with high school girls on a regular basis and outfit all the schools on the list.

There is only one functional Maus for example. There is only one Karl-Great left. There are three Jagdtigers left. One Porsche Tiger was used in combat as a command tank, but it was lost during the war.
Maybe there is some guy in Germany with all the original plans making the tanks for profit. That would be awesome.
Old 2017-03-17, 03:30   Link #9795
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...did the russians just prove that Tank Drifting IS REAL? :P
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 04:06   Link #9796
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The idea didn't come from Girls und Panzer. Its been around before. Just the question was always, can you do that with the arguably slower World War Two era tanks. But then the tanks in Girls und Panzer moved faster than their real life counterparts...especially the Type 89.
Old 2017-03-17, 12:48   Link #9797
Magewolf

Quote:
I got the impression that they were hidden on purpose. Perhaps to keep them from being sold off. I mean there were not enough tanks found for a real program so something had to happen to the rest of them.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 15:47   Link #9798
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I got the impression that they were hidden on purpose. Perhaps to keep them from being sold off. I mean there were not enough tanks found for a real program so something had to happen to the rest of them.
That would make sense. Remember that in the movie the girls have to ask the Saunders girls to help them move the tanks so they aren't taken away. Maybe something similar happened in the past?
Old 2017-03-18, 10:17   Link #9799
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
It could also be that some were dumped wherever and some were kept in storage because they couldn't find anyone to buy them (the Porsche Tiger being in storage could be explained by the actual history of the reliability of the tank and the possibility that the tankery team of the time couldn't get it to work reliably and it was put into storage never to be used again) because you can't explain away the Chi-Nu being left on the school grounds in broad daylight and being classed as oversized garbage as hiding them to prevent them from being sold.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 19:20   Link #9800
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The setup and potential backstory seems like it be an interesting story to be told. About some of the mothers. We never see
Shiori's parents. Mako's are dead it seems. Hana's mother seems like she had some trama with tanks. Miho's school days would be tank filled. And somehow I figure Yukari's mother is the one behind Yukari's tank collection, and the one that planned the trips to major tank museums.

Plus the reason why their school stopped Sensha-do activities when they likely had better than just those random 8 tanks. Plus how long ago that was. One can assume it had something to do with the mother's era.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks