Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-04-06, 14:13   Link #18321
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
ganbaru: 10/10...Ohh I love it when you make your signatures colourful !

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 14:17   Link #18322
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Indeed Ganbaru 10/10 one of your best, nice ^^.
Old 2011-04-06, 17:19   Link #18323
Haladflire65
*Artist

ganbaru: I think more flow-y and less stiff text would've been better, but this is one of your best ones yet 8.8/10
delorean: Could use more blending and smaller text, 8.6/10
Old 2011-04-07, 03:06   Link #18324
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Haladflire65 8,7/10 good background

@ Everyone, the sad thing is than my current sig required very little photoshop work...
Old 2011-04-07, 03:17   Link #18325
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

ganbaru: Then you must have found a very good source image then , I think it looks quite nice 8.7/10.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 04:58   Link #18326
NakanoAzusa
KeiOnBu Bucho

Tsumugi~ : 8.6/10 ( Love the way Yui act naughty ^^)
Konakaga 8.4/ 10 ( Another Yui~~~~)
Old 2011-04-07, 06:21   Link #18327
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumugi~ View Post
Said the guy who rated an excellent sig 1/10 <.<
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Haha, it's called sarcasm Tsumugi~

@delirium - it's very ghastly now :: I actually quite like it.....

Kagayaki: Lurvely work on the smudging there. I'm not good on my Kanji, but I think it says Kagayaki? All in all, top job. 9/10
Nanako: I'm struggling to remember what it's from. My head is hurting 7/10
JRendell: 10/10 It's a very nice signature. What else is there to say?
Tsumugi: 10/10 It's also well done, a bit more effort went into yours than JRendell's, but I'm sure you can see why I also rated theirs as high as yours.
ganbaru: 10/10 This is really a great signature. I love all the colors, and the text is more clear than it has been in your other signatures. While it's a matter of taste, it would be awesome if you put one in English so we didn't have to ask you what it meant.
Haladflire65: 8/10 I like the effects you're using, it blends well with the guy in it. It's basically the same of the rest of yours, but it's much less dark. It would be cool if you tried something new for once, but this is a vast improvement over the others I have rated. If only I had the desire to relearn Photoshop again so I could put signatures, avatars, and so forth as good as yours.
Konakaga: 7/10 I'm sensing a niche market in that style being put out by Patchy. It's not bad or anything, but it's the same as all the others. Some may see this as being rude, but I've taken a look at Patchy's thread in the Fan Creations forum, and I have no doubt in my mind that it is the case. Nobody can deny it.

Last edited by delirium; 2011-04-07 at 07:26.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 12:38   Link #18328
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Halad: 9.5/10 nice blending and brushing.

@Ganbaru: still, epic sig is epic :P.
Old 2011-04-07, 16:41   Link #18329
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Delirium 8,6/10 a red mask over the render might had be a good idea
delorean2200 8,5/10 not bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
Konakaga: 7/10 I'm sensing a niche market in that style being put out by Patchy. It's not bad or anything, but it's the same as all the others. Some may see this as being rude, but I've taken a look at Patchy's thread in the Fan Creations forum, and I have no doubt in my mind that it is the case. Nobody can deny it.
I am not sure if you are discuting Patchy's style being all the same or not... many sig-maker re-use the same style on most of their signatures.
Old 2011-04-07, 17:08   Link #18330
Haladflire65
*Artist

delorean: I like it better than your previous one, 8.7/10

I still don't know how a sig maker can output sigs that are all different and experiment all the time?
Old 2011-04-07, 17:32   Link #18331
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Haladflire65 I'm seeing a reoccuring pattern with a certain person nice blending, tone and brushwork 8/10

ganbaru Bold colour and nice render with clean boarder. Also like the subtle reflection below the sig, nice work 9/10

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 18:09   Link #18332
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I am not sure if you are discuting Patchy's style being all the same or not... many sig-maker re-use the same style on most of their signatures.
But do you want to base your work off the standard, or do you really want to amaze yourself and other members with how broad your skill set, imagination, and interests are? Patchy's signatures are nice, but are a dime a dozen. They don't typically stand out. Don't you want anything you work on to be an expression of yourself? I mean okay, if you're a boring person and think very simply then I suppose it's permissible. It's better to experiment and fail than dig yourself into a niche market and succeed. At least in my opinion it is, and that is what all my ratings are, opinions. You don't like them? You don't have to! All I ask is that you respect my pseudo-right to express 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I still don't know how a sig maker can output sigs that are all different and experiment all the time?
I never said it had to be all the time, but you told me yourself that you use the same person repeatedly. You're a fan of his, got that easily enough, but I'm sure you have other interests you could express through your signatures, perhaps emotions, or a message. Like a message along the lines, "Fuck you delirium, waghhhhhhh telling me what to do..wryyyyyy!". You know what I mean, it isn't hard to grasp. :<

Drake: 8/10 I do not know what it is from, all I know is that it looks good. I think it could do without the lens flare at the top right though, if that is what it is.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 18:54   Link #18333
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Drake 8,8/10 you love that gun right and finaly someone than noticed the reflection ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
But do you want to base your work off the standard, or do you really want to amaze yourself and other members with how broad your skill set, imagination, and interests are? Patchy's signatures are nice, but are a dime a dozen. They don't typically stand out. Don't you want anything you work on to be an expression of yourself? I mean okay, if you're a boring person and think very simply then I suppose it's permissible. It's better to experiment and fail than dig yourself into a niche market and succeed. At least in my opinion it is, and that is what all my ratings are, opinions. You don't like them? You don't have to! All I ask is that you respect my pseudo-right to express 'em.
first, I do respect your opinion and your right to express it otherwise I wouldn't bother to talk to you or about what you said...

Second, to answer some of your questions, I make my signatures so than it fit my tastes, more than in the purpose to impress others. Do I try to stand out; no, but lets see some fact; now , I am doing/using signatures in serie , quoting full text of songs or poetry, either in english, french or japanese... before that I passed a whole year with different signature each week , all based on a little serie of light novel, almost abscent of this forum ( you can look on my thread to see by yourself... ) . Do I want to experiment, do somethin different; of course but there's 2 thing than will always reduce my possibility to do so: I use PhotoShop Element ( which have less tool thanthe full PhotoShop ) and the necessity of making the text readable. At the end, I try to improve and to do news things but there's limit.

Third, one Patchy's defence, one thing than make them less stand out is the quantity of them on this forum. The more signature of him than he see, the less ovelty they have, but it's the case of everyone of us's signatures. Can he do something different, yes but that's isn't what those than request him signature want. One example:
Spoiler for the example:

That's Patchy's work and yet...
Old 2011-04-07, 19:02   Link #18334
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

ganbaru: Very pretty. 9/10
Old 2011-04-07, 19:09   Link #18335
Haladflire65
*Artist

Drake: Cool stuff, 8.7/10
OgodItsKanon: Nice. Is it by rikkikai? 8.7/10
Old 2011-04-07, 20:23   Link #18336
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Ganbaru 8.9/10 Nice colors!

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 20:48   Link #18337
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

>.< Didn't knew that the discussion here were part about my style, only thought that this thread will be a RTS sig... ok.. here's what I said...

Some pointers I'm using on my signatures and I think the others.

* First the characters involved, "Don't you want anything you work on to be an expression of yourself?" (quoted)..

> First of all I think mostly designers here are already expressing how they felt for a certain character/series involved, do you know how? even though there's what you called similarity in style, you cant changed the fact that the artists who made it liked his/her works positively good or negatively bad/ similar effects or not... thats how they express themselves.... I think..

Look at Halad-sempai style, just liked you said mostly all of them are similar but when you look closely some of them were fractal, some of them were smudge, some of them were splat, some of them were combination.

* style? yup Im sure I mostly have the same style, but that doesnt mean I can't change (I think that's also the feeling of other artists here when they became comfortable on their respective style... this time see ganbaru-sempai, she can change from the usual monochromatic style to the current colorful style she have...)

Me? (I'm not boasting) but if my works wouldnt stand out I can proudly said why does my inbox always have a request messages?

TBH it's the eyes of the viewer/requester (as in your opinion that like you who couldn't liked my works... there are still some people who liked our works even still as they can see repeatedly have the same style over and over again...) if he/she could say that even though this person does have the same style you can't argue that it's good and pleasant in the eyes, or it is about the artist's style himself, as long as it looks pleasant in his/her eyes..(I have seen many graphic artists on grafx forum with the same style [c4d] all over and over again... but I cant deny the fact that even though they're the same style, they're really really good and jaw dropping...

Are these the same?

They're all my works but yeah they've the same pattern in most of it but you think they've the same outcome?... mostly I used dusts glow but that's what you called my trademark or what you should called comfortable place or sometimes using the same pattern for fixing some bad parts at them... Many people can change from the usual plain to techno to vectors to etc. styles if they wanted to... it's just they dont liked to leave it as long as they were pleasant to the artists and to some people who are praising they're style.... so I have my gratitude towards other people who were praising us despite the similarity, they can said its still a good work ^^..

and for those people who were praising us even though they're looks like repeated/recycled stuffs...

I think you're still lacking something in terms of gfx designing if you can say that most of the style that were using are the same, at first I'm kinda what you called "annoyed/irritated or something liked that, but now it doesn't affect me anymore, since not to be rude but rated by someone who lacks experience in seeing/making/determining/pointing what style some signatures or how they've been made...., that doesnt affect me at all even you'll rated my works -100/10 ^^... just my 2 cents here...

and oh of course...

Have a nice day ^^...

Rating: Halad-sempai.... 4/5 [still on the mount of having that Masha fever, XD]

*goes back to my usual routine*

Last edited by Patchy; 2011-04-07 at 21:53. Reason: Sorry for involving you two Halad sempai, ganbaru sempai... just setting an example
Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 22:54   Link #18338
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Spoiler for offtopic, response to patchy/delirium:

OgodItsKanon : Pretty .. please don't tell me that's a trap, though ? With Hetalia being what it is, I find it hard to believe it would have cute girl(s) in it :x. 8/10
Old 2011-04-07, 23:08   Link #18339
JRendell
Manga Addict

Aah~ I thought the consensus was to move this 'discussion' to pm's/comments rather than in the thread. This is just begging for a mod-cleanup. =.=

Drake: Simple and effective as always. Chicks and guns are always a winning combo. 8.5/10
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 23:14   Link #18340
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Each artist develops a certain style, its bound to happen, its also something that defines him, they make totally different pieces but you can always know who is it from just by looking at it, which i think its a good thing, it gives a certain personality to the line of work, i for one like Patchy's work, sure all have the same feel to them but each is different.

@JRendell: this disscussion although started by the same one is a bit different... anyway 8.6/10 a few small artifacts but nice looking.
Drake: nice 9.3/10.
OgodItsKanon: 9/10
CMHerrera: don't take this the wrong way (or as an insult) but for some reason Aizen creeps me up in your sig , still the quality is good and i like the color combination so 9.5/10.

Tags
rate, signature