AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-14, 03:50   Link #121
xxsaznpride

Sousuke really does like Kaname... In the same scene as where he was leaving Mao and the van, he turns to her a moment and she sees his eyes. Right away, in her mind, flashed the eyes of the one girl she fought in ep 2 or 3 or whatever. She said that that girl's eyes were full of sorrow, and saw the same in Sousuke's after he lost Kaname.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-14, 07:21   Link #122
tsubaki-kun
moefan

Thit isn't cogent argument. In really life after Master's death faithful dog may die too by his sorrow.
Old 2007-01-14, 07:28   Link #123
An-Chan

Sousuke isn't Kanames dog. He isn't used to the normal life cause he only knows how to fight. But I think he tries his best to get used to it and to find his personality (he tries not to only follow orders, but to decide for himself (TSR!))
I think he has a very strong personality. He just follows Kaname "like a dog" because he followed orders. But later in the series he starts to calm down, so he isn't "her dog"!
Old 2007-01-14, 19:18   Link #124
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
He follows Kana because he wants to....I just watched the episode in Second Raid after the beautiful hair cut scene (wished some romantic-ish music had played during it...or something dramatic at least, like in other series)...and when he was told that his contract was cancelled, he was MAD. Not because he feared for her safety, but because it was KANA that could be hurt, and that he couldn't be there for her, just when she said she trusted him...and he discovered he really trusted her.

It makes you wonder, though, what might have happened in their relationship next if he hadn't been recalled..... Hmmm....

dp
Old 2007-01-14, 19:48   Link #125
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
He follows Kana because he wants to....I just watched the episode in Second Raid after the beautiful hair cut scene (wished some romantic-ish music had played during it...or something dramatic at least, like in other series)...and when he was told that his contract was cancelled, he was MAD. Not because he feared for her safety, but because it was KANA that could be hurt, and that he couldn't be there for her, just when she said she trusted him...and he discovered he really trusted her.

It makes you wonder, though, what might have happened in their relationship next if he hadn't been recalled..... Hmmm....

dp
I'd say the current novels and past novels after Day by Day show how much he cares for Kaname.
It shows he is totally dedicated to Kaname. Loses organs/ parts of them, gets shot at, as well as the emotional strife to her her back. Yes, Sousuke adores Kaname, there is no other reason to contemplate. lol

Last edited by Generalgm; 2007-01-14 at 21:10. Reason: more emotional info said again and again lol
Old 2007-01-15, 17:06   Link #126
dpryciak

A woman can only guess how a man feels when he acts like this. Of course, I can see where Kaname could get confused...if she sees it as him merely doing his "duty," it makes the whole heroic aspect platonic. Which is the point, I guess. Sosuke just needs to say, 'anything, for you," or something of that nature, and she'll really get it....but, that last book, they were close, if it only wasn't for depression getting in the way of that kiss.
Old 2007-01-16, 13:50   Link #127
tsubaki-kun
moefan

Have Sagara ever said on one's own: "Kaname, you're so beautiful.."? No. He even call her only by family name, Chidori. His main feelings are debt & duty..
Old 2007-01-16, 20:39   Link #128
Happy Asian Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubaki-kun View Post
Have Sagara ever said on one's own: "Kaname, you're so beautiful.."? No. He even call her only by family name, Chidori. His main feelings are debt & duty..
well, personally i think you're reading into it way too much, in continuing on my own, he still realizes he loves her so i dont think there's much to argue that he loves her, but as for the last name thing, maybe he doesn't know the difference?? or to him its like calling by the first name cause that's what he normally calls people.....iono, but he loves her for sure =D
Old 2007-01-16, 21:44   Link #129
dpryciak

He hides his feelings behind duty, as it is something he understands more than love.
Old 2007-01-17, 00:27   Link #130
Happy Asian Fellow

Quote:
He hides his feelings behind duty, as it is something he understands more than love.
ok, i can live with that, but i think it's safe to say he still regards her as something much much more than a friend. anyone else agree?

Old 2007-01-20, 11:24   Link #131
tsubaki-kun
moefan

Well, but i think that we'll wait for much time until Sagara-san will open to Kaname his romantic feelings ^^
Old 2007-01-20, 12:10   Link #132
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubaki-kun View Post
Well, but i think that we'll wait for much time until Sagara-san will open to Kaname his romantic feelings ^^
Quote:
From COMO :

Sousuke to Kaname : "You said it earlier. That you were afraid of me. You liked me, but you were afraid," he said, staring at her from a distance so close he could almost feel her breath. "So do I. I like you. But I'm scared. I don't understand it, but I'm attracted to you. That's how it's been, ever since I first met you. I'd never felt that way before. The one who changed my entire world was you."
I think that Sousuke has already make clear his sentiment to Kaname, it's clearly not the type of speech I would use even with my best friend.
Old 2007-01-23, 16:54   Link #133
tsubaki-kun
moefan

Where & when was it?
Old 2007-01-23, 22:52   Link #134
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
He says those exact lines during "Continuing on my Own", one of the novels that continues the story of Full Metal Panic beyond that which has been animated thus far.
Old 2007-01-24, 01:27   Link #135
elbryan

Send a message via AIM to elbryan
even in fumoffu she has told kaname she was lovely if you want an example from earlier. Another example is in DVMC when Kaname is used as bait and Sosuke gets all tense again. Even in early FMP! during the kidnapping. All easy example of why they both share feelings for one another.
Old 2007-01-25, 20:04   Link #136
dpryciak

Yeah, I guess he did reach out, finally, to her. That is a big start, for him.
Old 2007-01-31, 12:36   Link #137
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Sagar clearly loves Kana why ? remember is disdain when he is seprated from Kana in SR it clearly shows also its followed by his frustation . Sagar not having a regular childhood his first interaction with a female in social manner was Kana thats also adds to it .

The only things stopping from adressing his feelings to kana are

* Introvert nature

* Duty

* Kana's reaction to his feelings

Also IMO Sagara doesnt have an idea Kana likes him too
Old 2007-01-31, 19:47   Link #138
dpryciak

Why? Opposites attract? He's obviously been around other women in his lifetime (people like Mao, the captain, numerous intelligent technicians who could just as easily argue specs with him), but it is Kana, somebody who ISN'T military, that draws him.

Maybe familiarity breeds attraction, in this case. What is the Japanese saying? Feed a dog for three days and it becomes attached to you? (shrug)

Why he might like her:
She's not delicate.
She stands up for herself.
She's brave despite being simply a civilian.
She has guts and can stand up to him without overpowering him.
She has her sweet, delicate moments to balance out the stronger times (a balanced girl)
She can cook.
She is compassionate.

Maybe she is more of what he would like to be...Who knows.
Old 2007-01-31, 23:39   Link #139
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Maybe she is more of what he would like to be...Who knows.
Thats really funny maybe true I dont know could be possible But sure is hilarious
Old 2007-02-12, 09:39   Link #140
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I'd have to agree about Sousuke liking Kaname. He may suck at flat out saying so, but it comes out and shows once in a while. The funny thing about this is that being a mercenary since childhood, he has a bad tendency confusing his feelings of love for Kaname for possibly loyalty, trust and protectiveness. Maybe Kurtz or Mao should discuss it with him. I even think that despite Kaname's advances, he's not sure how to act or react.
Closed Thread