AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-18, 20:40   Link #201
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post

Faldio's actions were realistic and completely logical imo (to a real person anyways).
Oh, sure, we can excuse this script's presentation for reasons of insanity. As long as the script does not make connections to some bullshit logic of oh, I shot her from behind point-blank so she can wake in the next episode where Faldio is to exercise a long-winded reason for pulling the trigger.

And he can take a calculated shot in the game because the platoon that got wiped out wasn't his.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-18 at 20:56.
Old 2009-08-18, 20:40   Link #202
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
I applaud the director's way of approaching the series quite differently than it was handled in the game, and this was no exception. Faldio was already shell-shocked from the loss of his comrades (killed by a Valkyria no less). Calculated or not, I would think that shooting Alicia out of desperation because of a shell-shock trauma would be more realistic than let's say, "I shoot someone because I know that certain person can be raised from the dead through Valkyrian powers!"

Faldio's actions were realistic and completely logical imo (to a real person anyways).
So if your father dies you kill your mother from pain? Very realistic, very.
Old 2009-08-18, 20:59   Link #203
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Does they want to troll the fans of the game?
Yes, oh yes. Make no mistake about it.

To further illustrate, see Shiroth's comment below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You know, it's quite funny how they shown the sniper scene last episode, Faldio with a sniper rifle on the way back from the battlefield in this episode, and then he just shot her with a pistol.
Old 2009-08-18, 21:01   Link #204
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yes, oh yes. Make no mistake about it.
Next thing we know, Selvaria and Welkin will fall in love and marry.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-18, 21:04   Link #205
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Would that be so bad? Poor Selvaria, all alone on that beach... *snif*

Old 2009-08-18, 21:05   Link #206
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Would that be so bad? Poor Selvaria, all alone on that beach... *snif*
Well, Max is clearly asexual, like Lulu, and their predecessor, Reinhard.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-18, 21:08   Link #207
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

At least Welkin wouldn't have the balls to screw with her, like Max does...

Old 2009-08-18, 21:13   Link #208
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

My bad. I meant "doesn't" - haha. I was in a bit of a rush, my bad. lol.
Old 2009-08-18, 21:25   Link #209
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
It's not so much "raised from the dead" as it is simply recovering from a mortal wound.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-18, 21:53   Link #210
Illieas

Well more cameo and subsequently lots more death. I am on the side it better having them show up and then die. then not showing up at all. still want to see jane.

from my point of view you could have construed the shooting as a symptom of post traumatic stress disorder. with the idea that he was lashing against the Valkyrie people that kill his squad.

but that would be too much for this anime to make it work.

I kinda think they are really rushing the scenes. so you don't get the desired effect peoples motivations and character depth. the pacing of the anime is really weird starting off very slow in the early episodes now it is rush between one scene to the next.
Old 2009-08-18, 22:03   Link #211
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illieas View Post
from my point of view you could have construed the shooting as a symptom of post traumatic stress disorder. with the idea that he was lashing against the Valkyrie people that kill his squad.

but that would be too much for this anime to make it work.
Hopefully, that's how the anime will treat this matter. Even if one can say Faldio is able to piece together some conclusion in his head (as inadequate this idea seems to be), the fact of the matter is, with a face and a reaction such as that, Faldio simply breaks down... terribly. After all, the primary catalyst of this event is his squad getting wiped out. It's the only way I can see this ever making sense from a dramatic perspective.

This is such a far cry from how it's presented in the game, especially when you consider the role he plays in the end. In the anime, Faldio simply becomes a traumatized, tragic man. (Then again, maybe the anime is planning a different angle for his role in the end this time?)

. . . .

But don't worry, folks! Everything will be normal again next episode!
Old 2009-08-18, 22:09   Link #212
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illieas View Post
I kinda think they are really rushing the scenes.
And they did not have to commit that mistake! Over the course of this production, I felt there were numerous occasions where the script devoted absolutely unnecessary time on the development of side plots and alteration of characters when we could have been given focus and battle scenes.

Not surprisingly, from this point on, everything will feel rushed because of the lack of focus that had preceded!

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-18 at 22:50.
Old 2009-08-18, 22:28   Link #213
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And they did not have to commit that mistake! Over the course of this production, I felt there were numerous occasions where the script devoted absolutely unnecessary time on the development of side plots and alteration of characters we could have been given focus and battle scenes.

Not surprisingly, from this point on, everything will feel rushed because of the lack of focus that had preceded!

- Tak
Agreed. Their focus was in the wrong places, and the scenes they added just distracted unnecessarily from the core part of the story.

Teh fail train is failing.
Old 2009-08-18, 22:51   Link #214
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
What if the dad was killed by aliens and he figured out his mom was an alien too?
Old 2009-08-18, 23:02   Link #215
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
What if the dad was killed by aliens and he figured out his mom was an alien too?
So she is responsible for what others have done? If this is how his thinking is, his death should be even more painful than that of his squad.
Old 2009-08-18, 23:09   Link #216
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
So she is responsible for what others have done? If this is how his thinking is, his death should be even more painful than that of his squad.
You're not a real person Justin, you won't get it. Only real people will get that when some alien kills your friends or comrades, you need to take out all other aliens regardless if they are friend or foe as long as they are aliens.
Old 2009-08-18, 23:12   Link #217
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieria.erde View Post
dont you think it was needless to kill off ramal too? he had a chance to shine after isara's death...
I have been killing myself off to make this point clear since Sunday. After Isara died, I really expected Ramal to ask a transfer into Squad 7 as a tank driver while Zaka would get his Shamrock, making the squad more efficient and more dangerous with a 2-tank unit.

Spoiler for if you didn't play the game, don't read it:

To be honest at that point, I felt Ramal was in good position to take over both roles more or less as neither of the 2 guys had much character development except that we knew both were fond of Isara. So this would have been a great possibility, but Michiko Yokote completely screwed it and the last link with a possible rendition of Isara's dream is now gone. Really, I am not optimistic about how the final scene will be made because it wouldn't have the huge amount of symbolism it had in the game nor have that feeling of greatness anyway.

Should the wiping-out of Squad 1 was done to push Faldio in his plans, I would not have had any objection. But NEVER at the expense of a key component which made the game great storywise.
Old 2009-08-18, 23:13   Link #218
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
You're not a real person Justin, you won't get it. Only real people will get that when some alien kills your friends or comrades, you need to take out all other aliens regardless if they are friend or foe as long as they are aliens.
I am going to change my name to Maximilian Jenius, and I will marry a woman named Milia Fallyna Jenius just so I can experiment this.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-18, 23:15   Link #219
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
This reminds me of the scene from 00 where Neil tries to kill Setsuna because he finds out that Setsuna was a terrorist. If Setsuna was a person who worked with your parent's killer, Neil's first thoughts would be "what the hell's this guy doing on our team?". I'm sure Faldio probably felt that way about Alicia when he found out that that Alicia's a valkyria.

and don't say that Faldio didn't find out that Alicia's a valkyria, because Faldio obviously did.

Quote:
I have been killing myself off to make this point clear since Sunday. After Isara died, I really expected Ramal to ask a transfer into Squad 7 as a tank driver while Zaka would get his Shamrock, making the squad more efficient and more dangerous with a 2-tank unit.
I always thought that Ramal would be more a support pilot for the Edelweiss, kinda like how Saji was the co-pilot of 00 Raiser. The director killing off Ramal didn't really sit right with me
Old 2009-08-18, 23:25   Link #220
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
I always thought that Ramal would be more a support pilot for the Edelweiss, kinda like how Saji was the co-pilot of 00 Raiser. The director killing off Ramal didn't really sit right with me
You're right on the money: this is not right. In fact, it never was.

Too bad Michiko Yokote failed miserably this time after having a good record of scriptwriting prior to this.
Closed Thread