AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 21:50   Link #161
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

For a want of a term, this film was Marvelous, even if (naturally) it didn't have time to focus on individual heroes to develop them (that's what their introduction movies were for).

Though Iron Man, once more-so than ever, is an unlikable jackass.
Spoiler for Tony Stark's Heartless Behavior:

Other than that, Thank You Joss Whedon for filling this film with well-timed, intelligent and NON groan-worthy humor (Wizard of Oz fans watch out for a screamingly funny reference!!).

And best of all, this film does NOT operate the camera like it is mounted on a jackhammer, and keeps each shot LONGER THAN 1 SECOND, refusing to pander to the ADD crowd for the sake of being "edgy and realistic." You will NOT feel like vomiting every five seconds like you will with every damned Ridley Scott piece of crap since Gladiator. Two and a half hours went by, you FELT like you watched a 3D movie WITHOUT the nausea that accompanies it. Not ONE spastic MTV style shake happened throughout the ENTIRE film.

Well worth the time!!

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2012-04-24 at 22:14.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 02:06   Link #162
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The usual spoilers...
Spoiler for Film:

Oh, and the ending surprise?
Spoiler for future film...:

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-04-25 at 02:23.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 02:22   Link #163
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Though Iron Man, once more-so than ever, is an unlikable jackass.
Spoiler for Tony Stark's Heartless Behavior:
Spoiler for Stark:

Spoiler for Goddamnit though:

This movie is first and foremost massive fanservice of all kinds, but it was very well-done fanservice. It was MARVELous fanservice.

Also, most of the scenes involving Banner and the Hulk were GOLD, especially in the New York battle.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 02:28   Link #164
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The lines at the local cinemas are horrible. Now I'm forced to watch at an SM, and I hate their theaters.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 02:38   Link #165
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The lines at the local cinemas are horrible. Now I'm forced to watch at an SM, and I hate their theaters.
Yeah, SM Cinemas aren't the best, but they're passable at least. Pre-ordered our tickets a day in advance so we didn't have to go through the lines

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 02:38   Link #166
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Took me 20 minutes to get a ticket myself. And it's a minor cinema too. All in all, a good movie. You do need to have seen the other films though as they didn't waste time explaining too much. But that's what we wanted.

There is a bonus scene when it finally airs in America. So guess I will Youtube that missing scene when it comes out.
Old 2012-04-25, 22:06   Link #167
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
After seeing how crowded the theaters were for Thor. (I coyuld only find one seat in the theater, and this was at least a week after it first came out), I fully figured that I'd have to plan on buying tickets in advance. I'm glad my expectations were met.

This is gonna be GOLD.
Old 2012-04-26, 00:14   Link #168
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Frankly it was pretty good. I means no serious plot twitst, and the flow was pretty much the same idea with (most remarkably) Transformer for the final fight in the city. But the fight was really well directed, rather than just forming two line and shooting beams against each other like that Michael Bay's movie

The humour really hit me at the right spot also
Old 2012-04-26, 01:00   Link #169
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Saw it last night, but I was so exhausted from the awesome I went straight to bed.

Also that scene in the credits... well let's say I doubt they can do that with one movie.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 07:53   Link #170
Bri

Saw it yesterday in an almost empty, large cinema, so I was able to get the best seats. Good superhero flick, not overly serious nor too campy. The way Avengers should be.

Spoiler for review:

Spoiler for Out of character for a moment::
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 08:11   Link #171
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Spoiler for Out of character for a moment::
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2012-04-26, 08:45   Link #172
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2012-04-26, 09:03   Link #173
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply:
Steve Rogers doesn't care if you think he doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. He will keep doing what he does regardless. He has a message, and the writers will spread that message even if you think it's corny. The same reason he was given the stars and stripes to wear.

Spoiler for explanation:
Old 2012-04-26, 09:41   Link #174
Bri

Quote:
Steve Rogers doesn't care if you think he doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. He will keep doing what he does regardless. He has a message, and the writers will spread that message even if you think it's corny. The same reason he was given the stars and stripes to wear.

Spoiler for explanation:
You're not getting my point. Steve Rogers isn't the problem. He is used as a reference to a simpler time where the (American) audience has reason to be proud of. But going all moralistic on a comic villain in a light hearted movie and referring to past real atrocities just makes it look silly. Save it for when Cap/Avengers are to be put up against representations of real world villans.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:53   Link #175
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
You're not getting my point. Steve Rogers isn't the problem. He is used as a reference to a simpler time where the (American) audience has reason to be proud of. But going all moralistic on a comic villain in a light hearted movie and referring to past real atrocities just makes it look silly. Save it for when Cap/Avengers are to be put up against representations of real world villans.
"Silly"?

You think Loki is "Silly"?

You think it is somehow unusual that someone decide that the world is better under his rule, because they are too stupid to rule themselves, is comical? Unrealistic?

There is a reason Steve Rogers never fought Hitler in the film. Steve Roggers is not an actual American Soldier. Steve is a representation of American spirit. That's why he fought Red Skull, a representation of Fascism. And that's why Loki is a representation of all would-be Tyrants. They are ALL Symbols. All of them, even Pepper, or Culson.

Loki IS a "Representation of real world villains". They are all Representation of real people, or ideas of people, pieces of people, thoughts of people, or emotions of people. That's why they are even in this movie. That's why the characters even survived the decades in the comics.

Loki is real. There are many like him. There are many who ARE him.

And Steve Rogers doesn't represent simpler times. Steve Rogers represent a time when Americans actually believed their own rhetoric and tried to live up to it. It's not that America doesn't have anything to be proud of in the modern day; it's that America doesn't bother trying to do anything noble any-more. America is still capable of great things; it just doesn't WANT to.
Old 2012-04-26, 12:02   Link #176
Bri

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler tags for space:
Okay...pass. What is a pretentious interruption to some disposable entertainment for me, apparently holds a deeper meaning for you. We're not on the same wavelength here so I'll leave it at this.
Old 2012-04-27, 00:36   Link #177
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Who else felt it was a pretty shitty of Nick Fury to
Spoiler:

Basic disrespect for the dead aside, you have just turned a friend and colleague who respected you into a mere tool.

Bravo, Fury. Bra-F#<>ing-vo.
Old 2012-04-27, 06:52   Link #178
PzIVf3

HULK BASH, HULK SMASH. YEAH

The only thing doubts me is the absence of military forces doing nothing.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 07:31   Link #179
HasuMasu
*Artist

Okay so I just watched this today, that ending...oh good Lord...

The new guy playing Hulk wasn't bad at all.
Old 2012-04-27, 07:43   Link #180
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Actually he turned him into a martyr. Small difference.

Was a freakin awesome movie. I do slightly agree with what Vallen was getting at with the scene in germany, but I'm willing to let it slide. Once scene in an otherwise awesome movie is OK. Besides other then the allusion to Hitler it was a pretty cool scene. Although I was expecting Loki to play the 'god' card rather then 'king'.