AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 11:52   Link #101
Bern-san

A manly episode
Although it was too cliché the part where Haruka nearly fell, Syo was too hilarious so I can sort of forgive them.
UtaPri awards? And lol when Masato made that comment about avenging Ranmaru. I haven't played the game but I don't remember people mentioning it in their reviews so I guess it's anime-only? Anyway UtaPri is the only adaptation where I don't mind if they put new stuff as long as it's funny.
I preferred Syo's song from the previous season.
Old 2013-04-19, 00:15   Link #102
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
A manly episode
Although it was too cliché the part where Haruka nearly fell, Syo was too hilarious so I can sort of forgive them.
UtaPri awards? And lol when Masato made that comment about avenging Ranmaru. I haven't played the game but I don't remember people mentioning it in their reviews so I guess it's anime-only? Anyway UtaPri is the only adaptation where I don't mind if they put new stuff as long as it's funny.
I preferred Syo's song from the previous season.
I think its better to take what A-1 pictures throws at us, I've given up thinking it would be loyal to the game.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 03:01   Link #103
akire_and_atem

I haven't played the games either (only read the summary of the routes) ^^U
But from what I recall, they won a "brother medal" of some sort, but this was only to couples and senpais giving to their respective kouhai...
Since the anime is going for a "group" idol of some sort, I think they changed it from a brotherhood theme to a Princely award...

...maybe xD
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 04:35   Link #104
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
I think its better to take what A-1 pictures throws at us, I've given up thinking it would be loyal to the game.
A-1 are just animating it, though. The whole thing is done with Broccoli's blessing.

Anyway, since there are seven main characters (not counting the senpai or Ringo & Hyuuga, it seems the senpai won't hog the spotlight in the anime, thank god) and only 13 episodes, they can't really be faithful to the game where all the characters have their own complete routes with three available endings. They'd have to pick a boy and concentrate on him throughout the show, sidelining the others. Instead, if they're following S1, they're trying to spend equal time on everyone, and add some actual plot development in the last 4 eps. I do miss some info that would give the characters more depth (such as Otoya's background) but it would be either addressing the issues of one chara in their focus episode and forgetting about them for the rest of the show, or completely fragmenting the show by trying to juggle the issues of all seven characters, plus Nanami, plus the plot...

(For what it's worth, though, I expect they're going to continue focusing on Tokiya as the love interest, once the chara focus episodes and the business with Cecil are done. After all, his chara song is the last, following Cecil's. Otoya's is the third which just further cements the fact that by now he's completely out of the picture. :/ )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 23:02   Link #105
ginger02

Poor Otoya, he got friendzoned

They could possibly explore some characters in the same episode. I think the reason Syo was so early was that the writers knew he was one of the favorites.

I'm interested in the next 10 episodes and how things will go. Also I wanna know more about that blue-haired senpai.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 16:51   Link #106
kuromitsu

Episode 4 - OK, this was hilarious XDDD oh Masa, you and your ~otokogi~ XDD

Spoiler for ep 4:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-04-24 at 17:17.
Old 2013-04-24, 17:20   Link #107
mistress_kisara

Episode 4

ROFL, Ichinose really stole this episode! *Nuff said XD
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 11:05   Link #108
ookamigirl

Looks like this episode is all about Hijirikawa.
He's trying his luck in acting as well.
At least the story was pretty interesting.
Hijirikawa was rather serious about the whole thing.
Well, I guess he's just that kind of a guy.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 14:24   Link #109
Miraluka
Banned

LOLz
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:21   Link #110
ginger02

Lol I love Cecil. I like that he tends to say what others won't say. It's nice seeing him in every episode, and I liked his line of Haruka being a prisoner to them. I never really considered that idea, but I guess it plays into how some folks see those they idolize: it's almost like a prison. Though i wouldn't say that applies so much here, but I do see Cecil's point.

Ahh Tokiya was too funny. I love the weird, blown proportions faces they make in the show.
A Hirijikawa episode, but lots of the other folks too. The episodes feel awfully short though. Hope we see some of the senpais later.

Meanwhile, currently on my shipping with Haruka list:

1. Syo
2. Cecil
3. Hirijikawa

We'll see where everyone else lands as the show continues.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:51   Link #111
kuromitsu

My problem with Cecil is that right now he's a borderline Mary Sue. The exotic foreign royalty who is so special he's scouted by Shining himself, he has a ~special connection~ with the heroine, he ~rebels~ against the constraints and conventions, he immediately shows the original charas how much better he is than they are, he has all the good ideas, he sets the others straight about obvious stuff, etc...

Like the line about why they don't use Haruka for practice. They missed a pretty nice zinger there, by having everyone go "ooh! thanks Cecil, why didn't we think of that!" like they're complete idiots. (Well, they are idiots, but you know what I mean. XD) It would've been funnier and less annoying if it turned out that they didn't use Haruka because they didn't want Masa to monopolize her, or something like that.

(Also, I'm a bit miffed because he's basically Otoya #2 but gets to have all the focus, and do all the stuff Otoya is not allowed to. I'm going to be even more miffed if the Otoya episode goes the way this episode went...)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-04-26 at 05:47.
Old 2013-04-27, 05:40   Link #112
Bern-san

It would be great if they did show a bit of Ittoki's backstory although I don't see it happening

Tokiya first your ass movement in the ED and now this? And you seriously are the serious one of the group And lol sudden enka song.

If this keeps up this season of UtaPri is going to be gold.
Old 2013-04-27, 15:28   Link #113
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I just started watching season one out of boredom and I"m seriously surprised at how much I liked it so far. MC is a speshul snowflake whom all the boys love in some way, though I'm not sure about Miyano's character (or as me and my friend calls him, "Japanese Justin Timberlake).

I'm starting to warm up to Haruka some; she's wishy washy as hell, but I've seen worst female MCs(Amnesia). I'm horrible because I laugh my arse off at how every song is a reference to how much of a speshul snowflake Haruka is..

I have to say though...this has turned me onto Miyano's music. Of all of the seiyuu I've some to known throughout the years, I have to honestly say Miyano is probaly one of the few that can sing. Same with whomever voices the bluehaired Tsundere that isn't Tokiya and Sawabe's character. Those guys can seriously sing.

I prefer the individual songs though; I can't get past that goofy ED and its hilarious Engrish
Old 2013-04-27, 15:31   Link #114
Miraluka
Banned

No gifs for this episode?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:37   Link #115
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I have to say though...this has turned me onto Miyano's music. Of all of the seiyuu I've some to known throughout the years, I have to honestly say Miyano is probaly one of the few that can sing. Same with whomever voices the bluehaired Tsundere that isn't Tokiya and Sawabe's character. Those guys can seriously sing.
Miyano is good and all, though to be honest I think sometimes he's trying too hard, and he should do something with his vibrato. By the way, Suwabe's character is the blond long-haired Casanova. The one you're thinking of is voiced by Suzumura Kenichi who is indeed awesome, even though his UtaPri songs tend not to leave much of an impression on me (though this latest enka was awesomely hilarious), but ooh in other series where he sings, most recently Ixion Saga... (oh that song XDDDD) But if I had to choose a favorite singer from the main 7 it would be Taniyama Kishou (Natsuki), simply because I like his songs the best, but I think all the mains can sing well. (Except for Shimono Hiro. I'm still not quite sure what he's doing here. )

Both Taniyama and Miyano can be really annoying sometimes in group songs, though. It's as if they're trying to stand out even when they're supposed to be blending in, like "LISTEN TO MEEEEE! AREN'T I GREAT!!" Someone should tell them that's not how group songs work...

(Suzumura and Suwabe always make me so nostalgic. I first heard both of them in the X TV series, and I remember I was like "This show sucks, but I like the two leads! Their singing is decent, too, a bit more voice training and they'll be pretty good, I hope they can make it big!" and here we are...)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-04-28 at 06:03.
Old 2013-04-28, 14:28   Link #116
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Miyano is good and all, though to be honest I think sometimes he's trying too hard, and he should do something with his vibrato. By the way, Suwabe's character is the blond long-haired Casanova. The one you're thinking of is voiced by Suzumura Kenichi who is indeed awesome, even though his UtaPri songs tend not to leave much of an impression on me (though this latest enka was awesomely hilarious), but ooh in other series where he sings, most recently Ixion Saga... (oh that song XDDDD) But if I had to choose a favorite singer from the main 7 it would be Taniyama Kishou (Natsuki), simply because I like his songs the best, but I think all the mains can sing well. (Except for Shimono Hiro. I'm still not quite sure what he's doing here. )
Man oh man, I just watched the episode where Natsuki sings and I think his song's my favorite so far! And yeah, I don't like Shimono's voice... Same thing with Ittoki but he's a cutie.

Quote:
Both Taniyama and Miyano can be really annoying sometimes in group songs, though. It's as if they're trying to stand out even when they're supposed to be blending in, like "LISTEN TO MEEEEE! AREN'T I GREAT!!" Someone should tell them that's not how group songs work...
They're the famewhores in the group? Natsuki is such a total troll to Shou though....he cracks me up.

Goddamn Ichinose is a pain. I like all of the cast except him. I don't know about Shimono and Ittoki's and Natsuki's actors, but I do know that Sawabe, Suzumura and Miyano have sang professionally before. Is Miyano really known over in Japan? I'm guessing that's probably why Ichinose is the main boy.

Quote:
(Suzumura and Suwabe always make me so nostalgic. I first heard both of them in the X TV series, and I remember I was like "This show sucks, but I like the two leads! Their singing is decent, too, a bit more voice training and they'll be pretty good, I hope they can make it big!" and here we are...)
I don't know too much about Suzumura, other than that he's married to Maya Sakamoto.

And I haven't seen those episodes yet but hehehehehe...I knew that cat wasn't normal!

My mind is blown though: Cecil is voiced by Saitou Hajime? Is that guy a good singer?
Old 2013-04-28, 17:13   Link #117
kuromitsu

Quote:
Man oh man, I just watched the episode where Natsuki sings and I think his song's my favorite so far! And yeah, I don't like Shimono's voice... Same thing with Ittoki but he's a cutie.
Yeah, this is subjective and all but I think Natsuki's songs are the most catchy (and he has the most insanely over-the-top romantic lyrics XD). Shimono Hiro... his speaking voice is fine and all, but his singing... As for Otoya, I think the problem with his song in 1000% is that Terashima is singing like half an octave out of his normal range, and you can just tell he's having a hard time. XD It's better in Otoya's other songs. (It's funny, though, in his first songs he's singing in a more comfortable register, but in the following songs it gets higher and higher... I hope this won't continue this in next week's episode.)

Quote:
Goddamn Ichinose is a pain. I like all of the cast except him. I don't know about Shimono and Ittoki's and Natsuki's actors, but I do know that Sawabe, Suzumura and Miyano have sang professionally before. Is Miyano really known over in Japan? I'm guessing that's probably why Ichinose is the main boy.
From what I can tell Miyano is pretty popular over there, much more so than the others, plus I guess his agency is pushing him really hard, I guess that's why he sings the OP songs and stuff. I guess his popularity has to do with Tokiya being the main boy, but I think it's also because his game story was the easiest to adapt to screen. (He's still annoying, though.)

Quote:
My mind is blown though: Cecil is voiced by Saitou Hajime? Is that guy a good singer?
Which Saitou Hajime? (The Saitou Hajime in my heart will always be Suzuoki Hirotaka...) Anyway, Toriumi Kousuke sings well - I'm not fond of his voice but he's okay.
Old 2013-04-28, 20:42   Link #118
sergel02

Just caught up with episode 3, Syo's episode, and I'm just like:

He gave her his hat! HE GAVE HER HIS FREAKIN' HAT!! I'M DONE! I'm done. Just go get married and have beautiful kids, no one can be a better couple.

At least that was my reaction. Wasn't really a shipper of those two before either.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:56   Link #119
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Which Saitou Hajime? (The Saitou Hajime in my heart will always be Suzuoki Hirotaka...) Anyway, Toriumi Kousuke sings well - I'm not fond of his voice but he's okay.
Oh I meant from Hakuoki; Saitou is such a badass but he's also adorable in the OVAS and from what I've seen of the game.

And I saw Cecil the Cat Boy's intro episode....and GDiddy now has a new favorite. HE HOT.
Old 2013-04-30, 12:06   Link #120
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
I don't know about Shimono and Ittoki's and Natsuki's actors, but I do know that Sawabe, Suzumura and Miyano have sang professionally before. Is Miyano really known over in Japan? I'm guessing that's probably why Ichinose is the main boy.
Wait, you don't know Kishou Taniyama (Natsuki's seiyuu) is the vocalist of GRANRODEO? I guess Mamoru's more popular overall in Japan, but in terms of singing there's no doubt Kishou is the best. And Natsuki's probably my favorite of the boys too.

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo