Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-08-16, 22:41   Link #4201
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Lhklan> I had to brute force the Spring Event's Harbor Hime on E-3 without Sanshiki. It's wasn't impossible, but it was very hard.
Dutch Harbor-chan only had 380 hp back then.
Northern Hime has 500 hp, higher armor and nearly double the firepower. You aren't gonna be brute forcing her without sanshiki or have 12 ships pounding on her like we did Midway Hime's initial form in E4
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 23:20   Link #4202
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I had decided to try a few times this morning,managed to deal with the sub with my Naka Kai Ni,then to just get horribly damaged by that night battle node.
Actually the best tactic against the trollsub is to ignore it entirely. The real problem is the night battle node, really. After that, it's pretty normal (well as normal as things get when you've got a flagship kai'd Abyssal Cruiser waiting for you, but I digress).

Posted what I did a few pages back. Won't repeat.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-08-16 at 23:36.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 00:15   Link #4203
Cyprene

If you're having this much trouble with E-1, E-2 will crush you. That thing is immensely frustrating. E-3 and E-4 don't even come close to it in terms of difficulty.
I haven't tried E-5 yet, 'cause I suffered badly on the resource front today, but I've heard it's not as hard as E-2.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 00:16   Link #4204
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I know. I guess I'll give it a go though trying to sparkle all your ships in 1-1 is rather boring.
On that note: What's the expedition to help E-2?
aww come on, it just 6 ships
for me I just use boss support expedition for its final form ( 2DD 2CV/L 2BB )

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 00:19   Link #4205
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
I haven't tried E-5 yet, 'cause I suffered badly on the resource front today, but I've heard it's not as hard as E-2.
E-5 is a matter of getting past the night battle nodes. The insane part is how its entirely possible to hit BOTH over the course of a single sortie -- and then the final Night Battle node ALSO checks for LOS after you win it, so its entirely possible that you get dead-ended if you don't have enough LOS.

So when you get routed south on the first node, thank whatever RNG gods you pray to.
Old 2014-08-17, 00:30   Link #4206
Cyprene

A lot of people on the JP sites were saying that if they hit the North route they'd just go home after the first sortie.
Old 2014-08-17, 00:58   Link #4207
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

^ I did that when i was farming there yesterday
Old 2014-08-17, 01:11   Link #4208
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I actually found the night battle to be fairly easy for E5. The only nightfighting equip I had was the recon plane, but I was only stopped by E5 night battle node once.

Well, the lack of levels on my ships have come back to bite me in the rear for E6 in the form of LOS requirements. My hands are way too tied if I try to meet the LOS requirements... as both of my CV or CVLs would wind up being reppu mules without any ability to attack whatsoever. Not good.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 01:18   Link #4209
JustThisOne
Eternally Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Sorry please don't equip oil drums and run 5-5 with it . I was just trying to make it obvious that there is no other easy way to sparkle your ships but 1-1...

10 minutes. How did you do so? 3 runs per ships x (6 +2) (for support). That is like 24 rusn of 1-1. Wait for Maruyu to repair too

But on hindsight, actually i should not have got the morale to 85. I think 75 and it will still handle two runs just fine
I just send the ship I want to sparkle and a low level destroyer to 1-1 and it raises morale to about 63, I repeat this until my fleet is sparkled.
JustThisOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 01:55   Link #4210
Nemesis

That's why i am so pissed,i understand no one could have anticipated how hard the map would be,but these having two problems at the first map are already draining me.

Tried again,that damn night battle node is just too tough.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 02:06   Link #4211
Cyprene

Here's the method I picked off of a JP blog, that works really well. It's a little fiddly but the resource gains are really high.
  1. Make the ship you want to sparkle your flagship. It should be a relatively powerful ship, like a destroyer around level 20.
  2. Add two level 1 destroyers or light cruisers; every admiral has a couple of them sitting around. If you don't, just use low-level ships that won't steal the flagship's MVP.
  3. Send them through 1-1. If a ship gets badly damaged on the first node, go back. Don't go into night battle unless you need it to get a victory ranking (I.E. you haven't sunk any enemy ships.)
  4. You'll get 1 or 2 new destroyers as you do this.
  5. When you're done, refuel only the flagship. If the other two ships in your fleet have their fuel in the red, or are moderately or severely damaged (lightly damaged is fine), swap them out with one of the new ships you just picked up.
  6. Dismantle the ships you've removed from your fleet, or use them for modernization material.
  7. Do this three times per ship you want to sparkle.

You'll get a ton of steel off of this method, and it costs nothing beyond the fuel/ammo cost of the single ship you're trying to sparkle. It takes a bit of time, but it's well worth it.
Old 2014-08-17, 02:14   Link #4212
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
*snips*
Because you come in with a defeatist attitude from the get go. Seriously, you started this event with better ships than I did, and by all accounts, all of the info the rest of us have gathered over the course of our runs. By all accounts, while it should still be difficult, you should already know what to expect, and what's more how to clear it, because of all the info we provided.

Personally, I found E-1 challenging, but doable. The real issue comes with E-2, where on top of the LOS conditions (which forced me to craft one more Saiun to round up my total to four, and equip both CVLs I had with 2 Saiun each), you now have to deal with the stuff on the way to the boss.

Like Cyprene said, if you're whining about E-1 now, E-2 will absolutely crush you.
Old 2014-08-17, 02:19   Link #4213
cloud04
Scanlator

wew E-2 done XD had to craft a saiun but gave me type 2 instead but still got the LoS even though 1st try trolled me to NE
had to make sanshiki too which RNG was good enough to give me probably less than 10 tries lol
Old 2014-08-17, 02:26   Link #4214
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Good job cloud04. Ready for E-3 and onward? Only need enough ships and bauxite for that one.
Old 2014-08-17, 02:26   Link #4215
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^^ Hurrah, more teitoku to the MI ride
Old 2014-08-17, 02:31   Link #4216
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I really think E-6 was specifically designed to troll on players.

It's so rare, pretty much one in 50 tries kinda things, that I got through the pre-boss node without any damages to my sparked fleet. And you can guess what happened:

The fucking compass diverted my fleet away from the boss node despite i had much more than 110 (probably 118) effective LOS and have encountered boss countless time with this same set up. Ran again this time but this time with half the fleet damaged, and it headed to boss.

I felt like they have been specifically targeted me for some unknown reasons. I can barely get to boss recently anymore. Sparkled fleet no. Yamato, got hit to red every try pre-boss. Reset API. No. Clear cache, no. I think i already spent all day and barely can count the number of times i could make to boss. Won't be surprised now if i could finally kill the boss then suddenly the game crashed and it won't count.
Old 2014-08-17, 02:38   Link #4217
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Good job cloud04. Ready for E-3 and onward? Only need enough ships and bauxite for that one.
doesnt have another high lvl CL and CA..but other that that i think im good..just gonna need to stack up on baux since i spammed quite a bit to get a saiun..
and apparently..doing alt tab when the fight is ongoing helps me not get a crit LOL
Old 2014-08-17, 02:40   Link #4218
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
doesnt have another high lvl CL and CA..but other that that i think im good..just gonna need to stack up on baux since i spammed quite a bit to get a saiun..
You're talking to someone who has, as of this writing, hit those maps with a fleet of girls from level 30 to 52, and in one case, level 9 (Ooyodo). So yes, it's doable with mid-level ships as long as you still can make the LOS requirement needed for the stage.

Need I remind everyone THIS is what I started with?

This is how they are now:

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-08-17 at 02:53.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 02:45   Link #4219
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You're talking to someone who has, as of this writing, hit those maps with a fleet of girls from level 30 to 52, and in one case, level 9 (Ooyodo). So yes, it's doable as long as you still can make the LOS requirement.

They'll level as they do the maps -- heck, my Ooyodo is level 41 now. My Akagi and Kaga, who started this at around 64~, are both level 76 now. XD
my akagi and kaga are fine 88 and 83 respectively, hiryuu and souryuu around 50ish... XD
just somewhat hard to juggle doing this..+ 2 dmt and typesetting mangas and playing sc2 lol but yea...i think my only worry is my reso..im not even past 30k for all except ammo...and baux is at 14k, 22k on fuel and 28k on steel
Old 2014-08-17, 02:47   Link #4220
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^ I spent less than 20k bauxite clearing E3~E5. You'll be fine.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls