AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-16, 12:29   Link #141
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

True novel readers might be able to answer this better, but I believe my general idea is correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chained Ryu View Post
From reading the beginning of the thread, it seems to be that people are saying that your Power of Existence is how many people know you. This makes the least amount of sense to me out of anything in the series.
Tough; deal with it. The more important you are, the more that would have to change in order to erase your existence. More free energy and what not. If that makes any more sense.

Quote:
I have no idea how that could possibly relate to using unrestricted spells.
Toasters require electricity in order to make toast.

Quote:
Please tell me where this is stated in Canon.
Don't know.

Quote:
If PoE is requiered to be used up for Unrestricted Spells, then why is it that Flame Hazes do not eventually run out and die? In addition, Yuji starts to run out when he uses too much, so how can they bend such a thing?

To me, it seems as if Flame Hazes are capable of generating infinite PoE for themselves - something I cannot understand.
Margery powered sonic spell with torches when she first appeared. Also, they draw on the power of their contracted Lord. Or something. Yuji doesn't have a Lord. And no, FH don't have infinite PoE.

Quote:
If it is a quote 'unrestricted spell' then why are they often impossible to use without a certain object?
Unrestricted in effect, apparently, not cause.

Quote:
Why is it that a lot of characters can make things levitate for apparently no reason? The Destructive Blade's flying swords, and Wilhelmina's bandages, for example.
Magic. Rule Of Cool. etc...

Quote:
Would it, in theory, be possible to have a Torch be a Flame Haze?
Torches have shit capacity. Yuji is a special case. In theory, I don't know.

Quote:
Shana. She seems to defy all known attributes of a Flame Haze. Unlike Wilhelmina, she cannot levitate without her wings, unlike Margary, she uses no unrestricted spells (excluding the seal).

Even Wilhelmina uses unrestricted spells on her bandages to make them explode, but Shana seems to not have any sort of innate power whatsoever.

In fact, from what I can see so far, despite being the main character, she has the least power out of any Flame Haze introduced, except for the boy in Margary's flashback.

I just don't get it. What's with her?
Flame Haze all have their own fighting style. Shana has the most raw power--she's contracted with the Flame of Heaven--the god of judgment. Also, she has a lot less experience than Margery/Wilhelmina.

Quote:
What the heck is the full story behind this Festival Snake thing I heard about. Becuase what I know makes no sense to me at all.
That's a novel thing that happens immediately after the events of the second anime season. Go read the entirety of the Novel thread if you want to find out the rest; this thread isn't the place for it. And it's properly "Snake of the Festival".

You need more training.
Old 2008-04-17, 09:29   Link #142
alvinkhorfire

Shana may have the least variety in her fighting skills, but she does have one skill no other Flame Haze can match : Tenpa Jyousai. With that alone, any tomogara in the vicinity can be wiped out.
Old 2008-04-21, 08:29   Link #143
Chained Ryu
Lost in Lyoko

If FH don't have an unlimited quantity of PoE, then why don't they run out over the course of hundreds of years of spellcasting?
Old 2008-04-21, 08:34   Link #144
Tormenk

I believed that was addressed in KaneDragon's earlier post, that the FH draw power from their contracted Lords, in case you missed it.

Besides, the FH are still alive and unlike Tomogaras, seemed able to generate their own PoE like the average human.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-04-21, 13:11   Link #145
Chained Ryu
Lost in Lyoko

The drawing power - that should mean that their lord would run out after a long enough time.

Generating their own is what I essentially meant by "Infinite" - they basically have the capacity to restore whatever they have lost somehow.

Like MP in a lot of games - it regenerates infinitly over time, though you have a set amount you can use at a time.

That's what I meant by infinite - limitless restoration, not usage.

Is that it?

And where does any of this get canonically stated?
Old 2008-04-22, 09:45   Link #146
Chained Ryu
Lost in Lyoko

That makes even less sense than what I've been hearing so far, though that's probably just comprehension issues.
Old 2008-04-22, 10:45   Link #147
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
Hmmm...

Think of a big rock, just lieing there in your way, its presence is unavoidable. You cant deny the fact that this rock is there, can you? The rocks existence matter to you, in a very disturbing way. But if you walk around that rock and move on, you will forget about it and even if the rock still exist, the rocks existence wont matter any more.

I am not 100% sure, but we can see at things this way.
As long as a human exist in this world and interact with it, his existence is important and power of existence is floating true him and every one he interact with. So even if a flame haze uses his/her power of existence on something, it will eventually restore with the flow.

But think of a human as of an metal spike and power of existence as electricity, metal spikes are able to lead that electricity very well, so if you make a lead of metal spikes you can lead electricity from place to place and every spike will be powered.

Don't know if this makes sense.
Ahahahaha.... YOU CAN'T DENY THE ROCK!
Old 2009-03-17, 00:55   Link #148
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
The drawing power - that should mean that their lord would run out after a long enough time.

Generating their own is what I essentially meant by "Infinite" - they basically have the capacity to restore whatever they have lost somehow.

Like MP in a lot of games - it regenerates infinitly over time, though you have a set amount you can use at a time.

That's what I meant by infinite - limitless restoration, not usage.

Is that it?

And where does any of this get canonically stated?
Maybe high end Lords can restore their own lost POE? Who knows. After all, they need Flame Haze because their own manifestation will rape reality IIRC. Or alternatively, in the course of their own taking of their Flame Haze's PoE, they did something to it so that it can regenerate after some amount of rest?

Their capacity isn't infinite for sure. Only Hecate's and maybe Alastor's and SNH's are.
Old 2009-03-17, 01:01   Link #149
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post

Flame Hazes for all intents and purposes are humans, it's all the centuries of living as immortals that lead some of them to sometime have a superiority complex over normal "Muggles".

Their main purpose is to "lend" their existence to the Crimson Lord they made a contract with, in return the Crimson Lord imbues them with their power and allows them to live forever. Please see my previous entires about Flame Hazes for more.
Lord-possessed humans. They are so different, they might as well be a different species entirely. An example would be Space Marines from WH40K and normal humans. One is a genetically enhanced killing machine to the point where his DNA is virtually seperate from the homo sapiens gene group while the other is an everyday human.

Edit: Strange how Shana's blade is named after a Buddha while the rest of the Tomogara are named after Christian/ Western demons.....