AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-05-20, 01:22   Link #1661
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post

Though I never understood what happened in Shirley's Ashford ending. Could you elaborate please? I'm mildly intrigued you played it rhapsody. Though in all honesty I wish you could get more CGI of Shirley and Kallen, but alas no.

Lost Colors was so many years away...IIRC, Rai disappears after regaining his memories/geass and Shirley drags Lelouch around in the school festival.
It's more or less a hanging out with guy B to annoy guy A scenario.

I think I have to watch Shirley's ending again...
Old 2010-05-20, 02:31   Link #1662
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Hm. It's understandable Rai lacking the 'essence' to be a character. It's easy to insert yourself in visual novels, it's seductive when it's a visual novel of Code Geass. Though I try to form Rai on the basis of what he is. The unfortunate thing is he can be a great many things, from Shirley's lover to Zero's worst enemy. To Villeta's pet to Cecille's guinea pig in culinary crash course.
Hmm, I thought that was kinda the whole point was that Rai was basically...well, the player. This is usually the case in visual/light novels and what-if/pick-your-path games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Lost Colors was so many years away...IIRC, Rai disappears after regaining his memories/geass and Shirley drags Lelouch around in the school festival.

So, basically Shirley was hanging out with Rai to make Lelouch jealous? (or vice versa?) That seems kinda OOC of her. I can't imagine her doing something that spiteful.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 02:51   Link #1663
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That kind of behavior is still rather common among girls when they can't seem to get the guys they like to notice them. By trying to make them jealous, they're trying to elicit a reaction from them to show that they are, at some level, interested.
Old 2010-05-20, 05:11   Link #1664
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Thank you regardless rhapsody, that was enough to tell me that in a way, there was no Shirley ending. Though I can see Shirley hanging out with Rai to see if Lelouch wouldn't bat a brow or even turn his head and go "Wat? WAT?"

...Then Rai goes "What?"

...We'll need to take this to the Lost Colors thread if this keeps up. So therefore I'm leaving this discussion for awhile. Everything I touch somehow turns into Lost Colors.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 10:17   Link #1665
Kittenlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
No, perhaps you wouldn't, but Lelouch might. Have you forgotten Lelouch's borderline Oedipus complex?

BTW, that's the concept you were referring to Kittenlady.
Nope, it's a fact that people are attracted to people who look like themselves, and that people generally look to their parents for what they should look for in an ideal partner. Look it up~

To be honest, I think Freud bullshitted that theory. The more you know about it, the weirder it gets, too, if that were possible. Plus most of his theory's were based on self-analysis, so basically he just wanted to shag his mum and tried to come up with a way to justify it.

/sorry offtopic
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 05:12   Link #1666
Gordy Lechance

Shirley-chan's last words

One thing I must wonder:

Atheism is not only encouraged, but sanction and enforced by law in the British Empire, right? A wise move on Charlie-Boy's part cos much like one Lightning-Throwing Galactic Emperor, it would really be a political liability if people in his empire had belief in the supernatural and hope for a better afterlife, wouldn't it?

Poor Shirley-chan spent the eighteen years of her short and beautiful life in an enviroment that hammers it into your head that there is no Gods or a Sweet-Hereafter; no doubt having such beliefs drilled into her head since toddlerhood.

Why then, would she say these last words after Rolo heartless evil rag stabbed her, when she would logically would not be able to believe in them?

"Lulu, when I come back in the next life, I will fall in love with you again. And the next life too... Forever and ever.

Fuck you, Rolo. Fuck you up your brother-obsessed ass for murdering the only other decent British girl in this fucked up world, you flammable piece of rag!!

Last edited by Gordy Lechance; 2010-06-01 at 06:19.
Gordy Lechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 05:31   Link #1667
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Fuck you, Rolo. Fuck you up your brother-obsessed ass for murdering the only other decent British girl in this fucked up world, you flammable piece of rag!!
Calm down. Watch your language. I miss Shirley as well but... Oh god. I can't believe I'm saying this but... Hating Rolo won't bring her back.

If he is as wicked as you claim he is, why did he sacrifice his own life for the one person that meant something to him? It's because Lelouch was the one thing important to him he was obsessive.

It's never stated the religion of the Holy Britannian Empire, but numerous times they make implications of a book of revelations or a Bible. To be honest said Book of Revelations and Bibles probably can't be considered Bibles because Britannia probably twisted them to fit their views.

I don't know what Britannia's religion is but I doubt they practice Atheism. Misotheism? Practiced by the Emperor and one of his few redeeming qualities. (You want to rag on someone? Do it to Charles. He wanted to make an instrumentality COVERED in blood. That is no instrumentality I'd want. Or peace for the that matter. Which is why I dislike ZR.)

Shirley was a pure and innocent girl with a heart of gold. Yes, that is true and perspective-based all at once.

I admire Rolo's loyalty -- extreme as it is.
I admire Shirley trying to comfort Lelouch about her still loving him regardless of space and time -- as tragic as that is.

Rolo wasn't inherently a bad person. It was his upbringing that was bad, so he had no grasp on the meaning of life. Neither for his own or for other's.

Shirley? I'll miss her. I'll miss her and her crappy cooking. I'll miss her for that saint attitude she has.
Rolo? I'll miss him. He knew the importance of being important and protecting what is important. I'll miss him for his loyalty and love. I'll miss him for being the pseudo sibling that became a true sibling.

That is my opinion on the matter.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 06:05   Link #1668
Gordy Lechance

But, seeing poor Shirley-chan bravely smiling through her tears of pain and sadness, and then see that subhuman rag smiling about what it did straight after, its only human to want to do this

and this:

to it, isn't it?

My two cents from someone who likes and respects genuniely nice people like Shirley-chan, rarer than diamonds, and ten thousand times more precious.

Last edited by Gordy Lechance; 2010-06-01 at 12:52.
Old 2010-06-01, 19:02   Link #1669
Lost Cause

I'll side with Gordy on this one! Yes Rolo was loyal to Lelouch, just like a trained attack dog! He was determined to kill anyone who got between him and Lelouch, be it Shirley, or Nunally, or even Kallen! Rolo had a one track mind, and even though he discovered love, he still would have killed to keep Lelouch to himself.
And Gordy, watch the language!

Ride, Boldly Ride!

Last edited by Lost Cause; 2010-06-01 at 22:00.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 20:24   Link #1670
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
geez calm down like Ar said he was raised to think it was alright to kill and was never taught the value of human life I blame V.V and the geass order for making him like that. Plus Shirley would have survived if she would have done what she was told in the first place and stayed outside of the building, but no she decided to go into a building with a supposed terrorist so she was given a consequence for her decision. Also please tone down the language a bit.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 20:44   Link #1671
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
geez calm down like Ar said he was raised to think it was alright to kill and was never taught the value of human life I blame V.V and the geass order for making him like that. Plus Shirley would have survived if she would have done what she was told in the first place and stayed outside of the building, but no she decided to go into a building with a supposed terrorist so she was given a consequence for her decision. Also please tone down the language a bit.
Yeah, it's her own fault she stuck her nose where she didn't belong.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 21:51   Link #1672
Sol Falling

Shirley ran into the building where Lelouch was, because Shirley had decided to be the one thing true to him and she had regained her memories of Lelouch as Zero. The place where Shirley belonged? That was for her to decide, and Lelouch as well (since it was Lelouch's side which Shirley decided she belonged at); that broken yandere certainly had no right in deciding it. You can play the apologist for that jealous little psychopath all you like, but blaming Shirley for her own death is just ridiculous.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 21:58   Link #1673
Lost Cause

+1 Sol! Shirley went to find Lelouch not butt in!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 22:07   Link #1674
Nobodyman9
Banned

I know I'm a bit late, but...Gordy. I'm delighted to see how enthusiastic you are about Shirley, but yeah, lay off the Rolo hate. I mean, I'm sure there's a fair number of us here who hate Rolo (especially us Shirley fans) but we keep the hate to ourselves.

As for the Britannian religious thing. First off, they're the "Brittanian Empire" not the "British Empire." And second, I don't think it was ever stated whether they enforce atheism or not. And even if they did, that's no reason that Shirley can't have her own spiritual beliefs.

And yeah, blaming Shirley for her own death is just nonsense.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:08   Link #1675
Gordy Lechance

Not that it has any remorse for what it did, but this would still be a delightfully apporpriate way to deal with the dishrag; as it is still a spectacularly painful, humiliating and terrifying way to go to Hell where it belongs.

I bet I'm not alone amongst Shirley-chan fans who think Rolo is just so Goddamn punchable.

Last edited by Gordy Lechance; 2010-06-02 at 02:58.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:13   Link #1676
Nobodyman9
Banned

All right Gordy, this is your last chance. Lay off the Rolo hate or we're gonna have to report you.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:14   Link #1677
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Character bashing is against the rules, regardless of how warranted the hatred may be.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:21   Link #1678
Gordy Lechance

Thumbs down

No more violent videos (and pictures, I know, I know) of what it deserves coming to it. Got it.

Wait a second, as a Knight of Shirley-chan, I thought you loved her?
Old 2010-06-01, 22:32   Link #1679
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Wait a second, as a Knight of Shirley-chan, I thought you loved her?
Loving Shirley and bashing Rolo, believe it or not, do not go hand-in-hand. Yes, it's true I don't like Rolo, but I'm not going to relentlessly bash him on a public Internet forum, which, by the way, is against the rules.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:42   Link #1680
azul120

Yeah. Character loathing, warranted at that in particular, is fine. Just don't let it get out of hand.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote