AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-12-04, 00:54   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 657 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

I think there are spoilers this week, but I am unsure. Whatever, here' the new thread. Have fun.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 01:07   Link #2
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Chapter is out!
Spoiler for :
Old 2013-12-04, 01:26   Link #3
ranchan13

That was almost a waste of a chapter.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 02:42   Link #4
SeanQ

not a clue what happened this chapter ... zetsu has magical power to keep souls bounded to body ... madara op enough to take on entire narutoverse all of a sudden ...
Old 2013-12-04, 03:01   Link #5
Tchadnis

Madara is still a beast even with a human body he kept all his power , dang ... damm kabuto!
Old 2013-12-04, 03:04   Link #6
Kumagawa

Madara doesn't have any eyes and he's still winning lol

It seems he has to wait for black Zetsu to get the Rinnegan from Obito for him.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 04:12   Link #7
comicbookboy

I said it from i saw inzmani or what ever its called...thats the only way to beat madara..sasuke is dull and aint shined since he fought 8 tails!there is only one way out of inzamni!! Madara interpreted the uchia tablet his way...but sasuke will come to learn that way is wrong.naruto and sasuke beat madara sasuke loses an eye maybe two..then gets reningan same way madara got his!
comicbookboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 06:50   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

aww... Madara still need more power??? Rinnegan + Perfect Sharingan with Tailed beast, eh?
so he want to be the next Six Path Sage

Hashirama is defeated easily....
Naruto needs more nakama and shounen power
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 07:04   Link #9
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Idk how it came to this but idgaf about Madara now...Kishi you fully ruined Naruto and I feel violated to my soul. This sham of a war has depleted me
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 08:58   Link #10
normp571

Why would Madara give up his immortal body?
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 10:09   Link #11
unameit

A lot of things don't make any sense.. I know it fiction but it's still needed to follow the standard procedure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
Why would Madara give up his immortal body?
To beat hashirama easily.. apparently he can't use 'that jutsu' while in endo tensei..

Last edited by james0246; 2013-12-04 at 10:12. Reason: double post...
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 10:12   Link #12
james0246

I actually liked the chapter. The brief skirmish with Sasuke was fun (got to love Madara using his arm to 'capture' Sasuke's weapon), and even if the Black Zetsu part was stupid (especially since it keeps Obito active longer), I'm still cool with the progress.

What I don't understand is the timing. Isn't the Big Tree about to bloom? And shouldn't everyone be focused on that instead of Madara? Or is the tree on hold because Obito lost?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 10:20   Link #13
unameit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So the yellow flash isn't fast enough to stop Zetsu from merging with Obito?

he's conveniently being made dumbdown and 'slow' for plot hole.. And he's also the one who stopped kakashi from delivering the final blow on obito which gave the black zetsu the chance to revive madara.. black zetsu was also nowhere to be seen when kakashi was just about to stab obito.. wait, he must have known the 4th will interfere.. even I knew that..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 11:20   Link #14
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I actually liked the chapter. The brief skirmish with Sasuke was fun (got to love Madara using his arm to 'capture' Sasuke's weapon), and even if the Black Zetsu part was stupid (especially since it keeps Obito active longer), I'm still cool with the progress.
I actually liked it too. it's true that some things don't make any sense, but that's pretty common nowadays so no surprise there. it makes no sense that minato is slower than zetsu or that madara would still have hashi's face and not his rinnegan, or that he's better than hashi now, or that he can do all that without eyes... but whatever. i thought it was a pretty exciting fight. certainly better than hearing about rin all day

Quote:
What I don't understand is the timing. Isn't the Big Tree about to bloom? And shouldn't everyone be focused on that instead of Madara? Or is the tree on hold because Obito lost?
i think it paused when the bijou got ripped out. madara will probably absorb the bijou somehow and start the bloom again
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 11:25   Link #15
GDB

He doesn't have his Rinnegan because Obito has it. Without Edo Tensei, his eyes won't magically "heal" themselves back into existence.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 11:33   Link #16
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He doesn't have his Rinnegan because Obito has it. Without Edo Tensei, his eyes won't magically "heal" themselves back into existence.
well why not? lol it's all magic anyway. why would he still have hashirama's face? it should be the same principle that that was only an ET manifestation since he didn't have that irl either.

also, iirc he had a sharingan when he met obito. why doesn't he at least have that one?
Old 2013-12-04, 11:56   Link #17
Casshern

I like how Madara says that senjutsu chakra is not so huge and he can easily handle it. Interesting way to talk about a power that's been kicking his ass for over a hundred years.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 12:14   Link #18
Monster0

Madara's will is strong but the will of Rin love might be stronger.
Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 12:33   Link #19
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Kakashi should just warp black zetsu and the Rinnegan into Obito's dimension.
i think that's way too smart to happen
Old 2013-12-04, 12:40   Link #20
GDB

To be fair, if Black Zetsu can force Obito to use jutsu, it wouldn't matter. He still has his own Sharingan, after all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion