AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-05, 00:44   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 766 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, here's the spoiler summary, courtesy of AP's Redon and Aohige:

-Chapter title is "Smile". The splash page is Oda's own tribute to Kishimoto for Naruto's ending.

-At the island of Swallow, we see VA Tsuru, who's confused as to why Doflamingo hasn't shown up. She then gets a report about an explosion from Barrels' hideout in Minion. However, instead of searching the site of the blast, she orders for the island's coast to be searched instead, since she doesn't want to ruin the deal the marines had with Barrels. At Minion, Barrels orders his men to get back the ope fruit, as he was going to trade it with the marines for five billion berry...!!!

-As he finally returns to Law, Rosinante tries to get Law to eat the ope fruit. However, the boy refuses, saying that he has no intention of becoming a DF user. In the end, Rosi ends up forcing the fruit into Law's mouth, and he gets the power, anyway. Right afterwards, Rosi collapses from the gunshot wounds he received from Barrels' men. Law attempts to use his power to save him, but Rosi tells him it's useless to try using it as if it were a magic spell. Instead, he hands Law a small tubed message and tells him to give it to the marines, and explains that letter will help save the kingdom of Dressrosa. And thus, Law follows his savior's advice and seeks help from the marines. However, the particular marine he ends up running to for help is.... Vergo.

-Naturally, Law wasn't aware of the marine's identity at the time he asked him for help, but Rosi recognized him straight away when he saw him. Furthermore, the fact that he can talk is instantly given away, as well. Full of suspicion, Vergo reads the letter in the tube, and immediately attacks Rosi. He beats up Law too, when the boy tries to stop him. Vergo says that the letter would ruin the family's future plans, and reveals that Rosi left Doflamingo's side at the age of 8, and finally reunited with him 14 years later. After beating up his successor some more in his haki-covered state, Vergo contacts Doflamingo and informs him of Rosi's betrayal. Dofla figured as such when he saw the marines' ships at Swallow island. With his own brother's betrayal, the only people he considers to be family now is his crew.....

-During Dofla and Vergo's talk, Law and Rosi managed to escape. However, Dofla won't let them leave the island, and activates his Birdcage! Soon, the island is in a state of chaos. Rosinante realizes straight away that it's over for him, but he wants to at least let Law escape the turmoil. Thus, he wants Law to remember him in a more positive note, and flashes a big smile to the boy. Unfortunately, Law finds it creepy, heh.

....And here we go. it's the beginning of the end for ol' Corazon. I'm sure his final moments will be epic, indeed. Also, putting aside my opinions on Naruto, I do think it's nice that Oda made his own little tribute to the series to send if off. Maybe Kishi will return the favor when OP ends in about 20 years from now, lol.

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-11-06 at 05:37.
Old 2014-11-06, 00:16   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, first summary is up! I'll update when more detailed info comes around.
Old 2014-11-06, 05:01   Link #3
ronin myael
lost ronin

Saw the page. Nami is wearing a dress with Konoha designs and Luffy is eating ramen.
Old 2014-11-06, 05:38   Link #4
marvelB

Okay, updated with the full summary! And the next wave of tragedy strikes....
Old 2014-11-06, 05:41   Link #5
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I'm guessing that Naruto is hidden behind Nami having a meal with Luffy. Each of them having each other's favorite meals.
Old 2014-11-06, 05:53   Link #6
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, putting aside my opinions on Naruto, I do think it's nice that Oda made his own little tribute to the series to send if off. Maybe Kishi will return the favor when OP ends in about 20 years from now, lol.
He probably will, considering that he and Oda are good buddies. There is no bad blood between them. I am curious as to how Naruto will end but I am honestly more interested in this week's OP chapter.
Old 2014-11-06, 09:31   Link #7
danielevo

whatever about OP chapter this week, Naruto is end, last chapter is out :'(
Old 2014-11-06, 09:38   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

is that supposed to be naruto behind nami on the cover?
Old 2014-11-06, 10:00   Link #9
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

i guess yeah, luffy and Naruto was trading their favorite food, thanks for your great manga, Masashi Kishimoto.

about Vergo, he is get mad just because Law call him Vergo, without -san

Doflamingo was really a monster since he was young, using Birdcage + Parasite at same time, i thought he hasn't found this technique until he conquering Dresrossa.

and that Corazon smile

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2014-11-06, 10:17   Link #10
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Heh, the strawhat symbol was also used in the last Naruto chapter.
Old 2014-11-06, 10:24   Link #11
ronin myael
lost ronin

I guess it's obvious what will happen next chapter, Rocinante will meet his demise. And I was starting to like him too! Only Oda can make you like a character that's been long dead because of a well-crafted flashback.

On a side note, looks like Kishi responded in kind to Oda's little splash page tribute. He had the Straw Hat jolly roger painted on the Hokage monument! I didn't know there are pirates in Konoha.
Old 2014-11-06, 10:33   Link #12
james0246

That smile was epic. Good job Oda.
Old 2014-11-06, 10:38   Link #13
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
I guess it's obvious what will happen next chapter, Rocinante will meet his demise. And I was starting to like him too! Only Oda can make you like a character that's been long dead because of a well-crafted flashback.

On a side note, looks like Kishi responded in kind to Oda's little splash page tribute. He had the Straw Hat jolly roger painted on the Hokage monument! I didn't know there are pirates in Konoha.
Maybe Bolt and his sis prefer to be a pirate ninja than to be a hokage like their father

btw, do you think Sengoku could walk past the birdcage without any major wound?

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2014-11-06, 11:48   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
Saw the page. Nami is wearing a dress with Konoha designs and Luffy is eating ramen.
I didn't notice that

no wonder why Law so pissed off when he met Vergo... looks like Doflamingo would be the one who finished Corazon
Old 2014-11-06, 13:15   Link #15
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's kind of nifty how close-knit the Weekly Shounen Jump mangaka appear to be. I wouldn't be surprised if Oda wanted to do that congratulatory splash page for Naruto himself.~

As for the chapter, that was just super bad luck for Rosinante and Law to run into Vergo of all people.
Old 2014-11-06, 15:40   Link #16
janipani

Oh please don't die Corazon! That Vergo bastard will pay for this, and Flamingo too!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2014-11-06, 16:46   Link #17
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
So that's what Doflamingo was talking about..... mentioning something about Law pissing off Vergo and getting beaten...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That Vergo bastard already received his just desserts.

Last edited by bhl88; 2014-11-06 at 16:58.
Old 2014-11-06, 17:40   Link #18
Rainbowman

Flashback coming to an end and we get back to Luffy's battle with Doflamingo.
Old 2014-11-06, 17:50   Link #19
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I'm guessing that Naruto is hidden behind Nami having a meal with Luffy. Each of them having each other's favorite meals.
Is it? I figured it was Masashi himself....

So wait... how long exactly were Law and Corazon gone for again? Cause... jeez... Buffalo sure grew.
Old 2014-11-06, 23:03   Link #20
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So wait... how long exactly were Law and Corazon gone for again? Cause... jeez... Buffalo sure grew.

Well, they've been trying to find treatment for Law for six months, according to the previous chapters. I guess Buffalo just went through one heck of a growth spurt during that half-year, heh.

Also, seeing as Dofla unleashed the Birdcage on Minion, I wonder if Drake was one of the people affected by the technique....?
Closed Thread