AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-05, 18:57   Link #22781
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Gunman kills 6 in Sikh temple attack in Wisconsin

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...t_sikh_temple/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1744761.html

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/05/us/wis...html?hpt=hp_t1
Quote:
OAK CREEK, Wis.—At least six people were killed Sunday when a gunman opened fire at a Sikh temple near Milwaukee, and the suspected shooter later died in an exchange of gunfire with police, authorities said.

Police were called to the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in the suburb of Oak Creek, where witnesses said several dozen people were gathering for a service. Authorities found four people dead inside the temple and two outside, Greenfield Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt said.

Sunny Singh, 21, of Milwaukee, said a friend pulled into the temple's parking lot, heard shots and saw two people fall down. The friend then saw the shooter reload his weapons and head to the temple's entrance, Singh said.

The first police officer to arrive at the temple engaged in gunfire outside the building with a man police believe was the shooter, Wentlandt said. The suspect was killed, he said.

Tactical units went through the temple, and authorities do not believe a second shooter was involved, Wentlandt said.

It's unclear how many others were wounded. Wentlandt said he had been told the officer who exchanged gunfire with the suspect and another person had been taken to hospitals. He said the officer was shot multiple times and is in surgery and is expected to survive.

The spokeswoman for the area trauma center said three victims were being treated there, including one who was in surgery.

Jatin Der Mangat, 38, of Racine, the nephew of the temple's president, Satwant Singh Kaleka, said his uncle was one of those shot, but he didn't know how serious his injuries were. He was among those waiting for news when police announced the deaths.

"It was like the heart just sat down," he said. "This shouldn't happen anywhere."

Sukhwindar Nagr, also of Racine, said he called his brother-in-law's phone and a priest at the temple answered and told him that his brother-in-law had been shot, along with three priests. The priest also said women and children were hiding in closets in the temple, Nagr said.

Wentlandt did not identify the suspect or say what might have motivated the shootings.

Sikhism is a monotheistic faith that was founded in South Asia more than 500 years ago. It has roughly 27 million followers worldwide. Observant Sikhs do not cut their hair; male followers often cover their heads with turbans -- which are considered sacred -- and refrain from shaving their beards. There are roughly 500,000 Sikhs in the U.S., according to estimates. The majority worldwide live in India.

Sikh rights groups have reported a rise in bias attacks since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The Washington-based Sikh Coalition has reported more than 700 incidents in the U.S. since 9/11, which advocates blame on anti-Islamic sentiment. Sikhs don't practice the same religion as Muslims, but their long beards and turbans often cause them to be mistaken for Muslims, advocates say.
The gunman has been identified as a while male, dressed in white T-shirt and black pants, with 911 tattoo on his arm.

This is rediculous.
Sikhs are like one of the most peaceful, loving people around.
Old 2012-08-05, 18:59   Link #22782
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Gunman kills 6 in Sikh temple attack in Wisconsin

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...t_sikh_temple/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1744761.html

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/05/us/wis...html?hpt=hp_t1

The gunman has been identified as a while male, dressed in white T-shirt and black pants, with 911 tattoo on his arm.

This is rediculous.
Sikhs are like one of the most peaceful, loving people around.
Not in India. They were part of the sectarian groups involved in racial violence since its independence.

Back on topic, sounds like this guy is another fucking white supremacist.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-08-05, 19:09   Link #22783
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Not in India. They were part of the sectarian groups involved in racial violence since its independence.

He's brave enough to shoot anyone, but coward enough to take responsibility.

He isn't cool. He's a cold hearted killer.
Old 2012-08-05, 19:20   Link #22784
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Islamists kill 15 Egyptians, Israel strikes attackers
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8740JB20120805
Quote:
Islamist gunmen killed at least 15 Egyptian policemen and seized an army tank in an assault on a Sinai police station near the border with Israel on Sunday, the deadliest attack in the region in at least two decades.
Old 2012-08-05, 19:38   Link #22785
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Don't know about in your country, but in the states, Indian Sikhs are some of the nicest, peaceful people you can ever meet. And non-judgemental.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:14   Link #22786
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It is looking like another case of "white supremacist too stupid to tell the difference" -- Sikhs in the US are often mistaken for Muslim by our "lovely" racist morons.

Since my son is sometimes mistaken for "driving while Mexican" by worthless stupid moron policemen and I've had dumbasses ask my wife if she spoke English - these kind of twits are on my "special hobby" list.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:24   Link #22787
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^And on that note, of course our "lovely" WBC responds with their usual toxic replies.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1745173.html

If there is a Hell, it has a special place for these douches.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:30   Link #22788
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
^And on that note, of course our "lovely" WBC responds with their usual toxic replies.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1745173.html

If there is a Hell, it has a special place for these douches.
I think we could start with an FBI sweep of the WBC and lengthy interrogations about their apparent connection to the shooter
Old 2012-08-05, 21:48   Link #22789
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Don't know about in your country, but in the states, Indian Sikhs are some of the nicest, peaceful people you can ever meet. And non-judgemental.
They are fine and good natured people over here too; I remembered serving with a Sikh NCO which we affectionally called "Turbanator" because of his bulk and penchant to be the guy carrying the .50.

He told us about his relatives being targets for sectarian violence in India. Maybe it is just supremacists being the assholes they are - they are everywhere.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-08-05, 21:55   Link #22790
Sumeragi
Banned

Sikhs were mainly militarized because of the volatile environment of the imperialist era and post-independence India.
Old 2012-08-05, 22:52   Link #22791
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Islamists kill 15 Egyptians, Israel strikes attackers
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8740JB20120805
this one was fucking unbelievable.
a bunch of terrorists attack an Egyptian security power in the Sinai, kill 15 Egyptian police officers, steal two (not one) Fahd class APC's, then use them to attack an Israeli border crossing.

the sheer audacity of this attack would be impressive if it wasn't so sickening in its intent.
Old 2012-08-05, 22:58   Link #22792
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
this one was fucking unbelievable.
a bunch of terrorists attack an Egyptian security power in the Sinai, kill 15 Egyptian police officers, steal two (not one) Fahd class APC's, then use them to attack an Israeli border crossing.

the sheer audacity of this attack would be impressive if it wasn't so sickening in its intent.
Yeah, just read this incident on BBC.... it was like... "what is this, Piss Off The Maximum Number of Factions Day"?
Old 2012-08-05, 23:03   Link #22793
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah, just read this incident on BBC.... it was like... "what is this, Piss Off The Maximum Number of Factions Day"?
more like "try to spark a war" day.
Old 2012-08-06, 01:38   Link #22794
PzIVf3

NASA successfully lands rover on Mars

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-successfu...060702887.html
Old 2012-08-06, 02:05   Link #22795
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I just had the weirdest idea. I was wondering if Curiosity could possibly locate and jumpstart Spirit and Opportunity.
Old 2012-08-06, 02:16   Link #22796
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Do *you* have my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

Old 2012-08-06, 02:42   Link #22797
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'd give you rep for that Vexx but the forum is being mean. QQ.
Old 2012-08-06, 03:15   Link #22798
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

With all that atmosphere, it really does look eeriely like our rock.

Now, excuse me I need to look for a frozen jar to put my head in until humanity successfully terraform that hunk of rock...
Old 2012-08-06, 03:45   Link #22799
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

One day, we will send humans to Mars. Soon after, we'll colonize the Red Planet. The settlers will go forth from their biosphere colony, into the desolate rust plains. They will eventually find the sleeping Spirit and perhaps Opportunity, and install them in places of honour at the newly founded Museum of Mars Exploration. Curiosity will still be puttering around somewhere out there, and they'll move the Curiosity Mission Control to the colony to better coordinate the veteran explorer's work.

A boy can dream.
Old 2012-08-06, 05:17   Link #22800
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Special Report - China's answer to subprime bets: the "Golden Elephant"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...87501T20120806

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international