AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-06-06, 04:37   Link #901
dragon1412

most likely because it is far harder to keep their identity secret; once it's got out; it will never go back
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 02:26   Link #902
Wheeljack83

Goblin Slayer must be more popular than I initially thought because some fans actually did an English fan dub of the audio drama CD.

I don't think I've ever seen that before. Then again, I've not actively searched for fan dubs of drama CD's before. I'm sure some exist, but this is the first time I noticed one do one.

I hope that bodes well for the story's popularity after it gets an anime.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 14:32   Link #903
Hata
時の異邦人

Goblin Slayer #8 limited edition with CD
Publish Date: October, to coincide with the premiere of the anime
story location would be the deepest dungeon in state capital, the King might get to meet GS for the first time is my guess.

Goblin Slayer #9
Publish Date: December 15th
complete special edition guide 88 pages.

Goblin Slayer Gaiden 2 Die Katana will be illustrated by Lack.
Character silhouettes are available, the one on the right with a scale sword is obviously a young Sword Maiden.
https://twitter.com/GoblinSlayer_GA/...78809778487296
Old 2018-06-19, 03:21   Link #904
Chingaruna517

Judging by Sword Maiden's current state, her story is anything but a happy ending. So, let me guess: The samurai must be the first human pinãtã to the goblin horde...
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 04:47   Link #905
KikeLyne

Aren't lancers supposed to have terrible luck? I am betting on the pointy stick to bite first.

If this is focused on sword maiden. Perhaps the samurai might have a sword tombstone. Wonder what will the author write about their demise. Location, wrong equipment or luck.

At least the SAM is wearing a helmet.
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 09:22   Link #906
Hata
時の異邦人

no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
from description of the story “ordinary adventurers save the world after a normal adventure”, it is possible, my guess, is they will tell the story of Sword Maiden and the King before they become Sword Maiden and the King,
the story started with a rescued and dejected priestess meets her new teammates in a bar, told in the point of view of the sword saint, (the party is described in full in the Year One Prelude) and finished with them save the world by defeating the demon lord, with the young priestess became the sword maiden in the process.

Last edited by Hata; 2018-06-19 at 09:56.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 23:09   Link #907
Questman

Quote:
Goblin Slayer #8 limited edition with CD
Publish Date: October, to coincide with the premiere of the anime
story location would be the deepest dungeon in state capital, the King might get to meet GS for the first time is my guess.

Goblin Slayer #9
Publish Date: December 15th
complete special edition guide 88 pages.

Goblin Slayer Gaiden 2 Die Katana will be illustrated by Lack.
Character silhouettes are available, the one on the right with a scale sword is obviously a young Sword Maiden.
https://twitter.com/GoblinSlayer_GA/...78809778487296

Thanks for sharing the info.

Can someone elaborate what book 9 is about? I assume it is not volume 9 but I can not imagine what a special guide is about.

Someone kind enough to enlighten me?
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 07:34   Link #908
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post
Can someone elaborate what book 9 is about? I assume it is not volume 9 but I can not imagine what a special guide is about.
we would not know what book 9 story is about until book 8 is out. Kumo typically mention the next story’s location in a one sentence blurb in the author’s words at the back of the book.

the guide is just that, guide, collecting the 5 special in store bonus bundle from book 1 to book 5 (the one you have to actually buy from a specific store in order to obtain, think of all the Danmachi store bundle.)

https://twitter.com/GA_SATO/status/1009306888394047488

into one 88 pages booklet, revised it like a dictionary, and called it the “Goblin Slayer Encyclopedia”, comes bundle with the limited edition book 9, so it is NOT a novel.

example listed like, what is a goblin, (strength: 2, skill: 5), what does Orcbolg means, (goblin, blade) etc.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/bunko_blog/cat381/20180620/
Old 2018-06-21, 08:03   Link #909
Chingaruna517

Quote:
the story started with a rescued and dejected priestess meets her new teammates in a bar, told in the point of view of the sword saint, (the party is described in full in the Year One Prelude) and finished with them save the world by defeating the demon lord, with the young priestess became the sword maiden in the process.
Spoiler for Personal reaction towards the Sword Maiden's horrific origin:
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 08:37   Link #910
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2018-06-21, 09:31   Link #911
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
Spoiler for Priestess:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 19:23   Link #912
Questman

Quote:
we would not know what book 9 story is about until book 8 is out. Kumo typically mention the next storyÂ’s location in a one sentence blurb in the authorÂ’s words at the back of the book.

the guide is just that, guide, collecting the 5 special in store bonus bundle from book 1 to book 5 (the one you have to actually buy from a specific store in order to obtain, think of all the Danmachi store bundle.)

https://twitter.com/GA_SATO/status/1009306888394047488

into one 88 pages booklet, revised it like a dictionary, and called it the “Goblin Slayer Encyclopedia”, comes bundle with the limited edition book 9, so it is NOT a novel.

example listed like, what is a goblin, (strength: 2, skill: 5), what does Orcbolg means, (goblin, blade) etc.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/bunko_blog/cat381/20180620/

Thanks for your time explaining this. So the special guide is an encyclopedia (kind of).

Allow me to ask for some clarification. I thought book 9 in your post is the special guide itself, but you mention this guide is just bundled with book 9.

Does it mean that we will actually have a 9th volume in December, two months later after volume 8 in October?

If yes, it would really surprise me that book 8 & 9 get released within two months instead of one book half a year.
Old 2018-06-21, 20:09   Link #913
Questman

Sword Maiden past

To give my two cents:

I don't expect that her partymembers (samurai and spearwoman) will die. Maybe one of of them, but not both.

I guess the story would be just too simple and predictable when you make her party die. 'She is still sad in the future, therefore her party must have died in the past' is a conclusion done too easy, so I think the author will try to avoid it.
The author did manage to make his stories unpredictable for the most part (one important reason of many why I like Goblin Slayer very much), so I think he will avoid too many partymember kills because their deaths is something we will already expect, and the author wants to surprise us and keep the suspense.

Sword Maiden's friends don't have to be dead in the first place, maybe they have no time for her like the King.
In Volume 4 it was mentioned that people in high positions just don't have time to do what they want because of all the responsibilities they have.
The King lamented that he can't even visit his friend (Sword Maiden) without having a pretext. They had a talk about their situations and their past, but officially he was there to lend some warpriest from Sword Maiden.

Sword Maiden herself complains that she can't go after Goblin Slayer because of her duties she has to comply to (which makes the King curious who that person is that Sword Maiden is suddenly fond of).

So we see, beeing high and mighty is not that easy in the world of Goblin Slayer.

As for her beeing broken: I think it is wrong to expect in general that partymembers can fix their broken companions. Only Goblin Slayer could do someting about it because he is a special case. Other people have trouble to comprehend her trauma and problem in the first place.

Even Goblin Slayer's partymembers are not really aware of his past experience. They know that he is weird and that he acts like the Doom Guy, but they don't really comprehend what he went through. So they give him advices to make him more sociable, but I would not call it a fix.

Sword Maiden and Goblin Slayer both tend to not talk about their trauma that much in the first place for different reasons. Sword Maiden feared that she would be mocked and not taken seriously (If I remember it right).

Thing is, partymembers are more like colleagues than close friends, and you just don't tell your colleagues your tragic past. That goes for Sword Maiden as well.
And even if you tell them, it does not mean they can help you afterward.

That is my guess, but in the end we just have to read it to see for ourselves (or wait for a summary ).
Old 2018-06-22, 14:59   Link #914
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Does it mean that we will actually have a 9th volume in December, two months later after volume 8 in October?

If yes, it would really surprise me that book 8 & 9 get released within two months instead of one book half a year.
because book 8 is obviously delayed to coincide with/hype the beginning of anime, and book 9 moved up the schedule to catch the free promo from the end of anime, regular schedule would have book 8 around August/September and book 9 next year February/March. anime changed all that.
Old 2018-06-22, 21:10   Link #915
AP24

Quote:
because book 8 is obviously delayed to coincide with/hype the beginning of anime, and book 9 moved up the schedule to catch the free promo from the end of anime, regular schedule would have book 8 around August/September and book 9 next year February/March. anime changed all that.
Yeah, every GA Bunko series that got anime will release volumes during the first and third month of the anime airing. This has always been the case since 2015. I'm pretty sure this will happen to DanMachi again when second season airs.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 01:00   Link #916
Questman

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Yeah, every GA Bunko series that got anime will release volumes during the first and third month of the anime airing. This has always been the case since 2015. I'm pretty sure this will happen to DanMachi again when second season airs.

And again thanks to you both for the explanation.

I did not think anime has the power to change a 6 month release schedule that much.
Book 9 is almost an instant release compared to the usual 6 months, I never thought anime alone could pull that off, exspecially on multiple series like Danmachi.

It really makes me wonder what kind of release tactic they have.
Are they having a lot of volumes prepared and wait for six months or did the author put in extra hours for the anime release?
Someone mentioned the author delivered a lot of manuscripts for different volumes, so technically they could release books much faster.
They have their reasons for those six months, but I wonder what reasons they have.

I hope the english audience will have a release boost in the future, too (maybe when the english dub appears). It is unlikely, but one can still hope.
Old 2018-06-25, 05:57   Link #917
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
It really makes me wonder what kind of release tactic they have.
depend on the authors, prolific authors like Kazuma Kamachi can works multiple projects while still maintains a ridiculous schedule, Kumo is rumored to be working on book 9 AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR, but they are rare, also obviously the difficulty level is different, like create a story from scratch compare to rewrite a web novel when the basic outline is already there. slotting publish date is the norm, publishers do not just publish one title, people have to take their turns. Also it is normal for delayed published date when editor/author decide to expand/change story. happen to the latest Danmachi, too.

Quote:
I hope the english audience will have a release boost in the future, too (maybe when the english dub appears). It is unlikely, but one can still hope.
the most reasonable “hope” release schedule would be western version one book behind the Japanese release, while Japanese side working on the next book, western side working on the translation of the latest Japan release, etc.
Old 2018-06-25, 08:09   Link #918
Questman

Quote:
slotting publish date is the norm, publishers do not just publish one title, people have to take their turns. Also it is normal for delayed published date when editor/author decide to expand/change story. happen to the latest Danmachi, too.

So novels are not released at once so customers are not overwhelmed,
therefore different novels are released at different months at a fixed amount so there are not too many books avaliable at once.

And they have probably a limited output rate and can not print that many series at once, too. At least that handicap plagues the western publishers.

Anime is an exception because it creates a lot of awareness and therefore a chance to increase the audience, so of course they make an exception for that.

That is my conclusion for now.

The author stuff is easy to understand when you explain it to me.

Quote:
the most reasonable “hope” release schedule would be western version one book behind the Japanese release, while Japanese side working on the next book, western side working on the translation of the latest Japan release, etc.

We westerners still miss book 5, 6 and 7, and I have the small hope that maybe we get an accelerated release schedule until we catch up.

Book 1-4 have been released every 4 months, but suddenly book 5 takes 9 months for release and this sudden release delay really annoyed me.

It is unlikely that we will get 2 books within months like you do even with the anime, as the western novel market does not operate the same way the japanese market does.

But I hope we will at least get a constant 6 months release date, with luck even 4 months until we catch up and have the situation you mentioned.
Just no more release schedules of 9 months or even a year, that is just too long.
It is hard to maintain interest when the story is trickling down that slow to us and not even constantly while Japan can continue without any trouble.

Exspecially book 7, which takes place in Elflands, is a story I really want to read.
Old 2018-06-25, 08:29   Link #919
Tenzen12

Quote:
Exspecially book 7, which takes place in Elflands, is a story I really want to read.
LIAR! You just want see some swimsuit action! Don't think you can fool anyone.
Old 2018-06-25, 09:10   Link #920
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
But I hope we will at least get a constant 6 months release date, with luck even 4 months until we catch up and have the situation you mentioned.
Just no more release schedules of 9 months or even a year, that is just too long.
It is hard to maintain interest when the story is trickling down that slow to us and not even constantly while Japan can continue without any trouble.

this got me interested and taking a look at GS English schedule

#5 September 18, 2018
#6 January 22, 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goblin_Slayer#Volumes

that works out to be

book 1 to book 4 interval 4 months
book 4 to book 5 interval 9 months
book 5 to book 6 interval 4 months

I guess they have inside information of the upcoming anime, (Oct to Dec) and adjust their release schedule just like the Japanese side did. should be a one time thing, book 7 should go back to the regular schedule if my guess is correct.

as to book 7, I only recently finish reading the raw, and still waiting to buy the official Chinese #6, which is also long passed its regular publishing date, come to think about it, Chinese publisher must are doing the same thing, (waiting for the anime.)

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?