AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 12:36   Link #11021
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
I've been thinking, Lelouch has been very protective of Kallen, even when doing so would be to his detriment. For example, even in Season 1, he gave her the Guren instead of taking it for himself, prevented her from stabbing Suzaku, killed Euphie himself, etc.

Maybe it's just over analyzing things, but it seems to be a common trend that he tries his best to protect her and bear the sins on himself.
Well, one could say that he always tries to bear the weight of the sins associated with his actions himself, no matter who may be at fault. But he does seem to go out of the way for Kallen. At least in the first season, it's probably because he feels responsible for her both as her commander and her friend, but in the second season there may be more to it.
Old 2008-09-16, 12:44   Link #11022
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
I've been thinking, Lelouch has been very protective of Kallen, even when doing so would be to his detriment. For example, even in Season 1, he gave her the Guren instead of taking it for himself, prevented her from stabbing Suzaku, killed Euphie himself, etc.

Maybe it's just over analyzing things, but it seems to be a common trend that he tries his best to protect her and bear the sins on himself.
aside from the guren part (which also makes tactiacl sence i dont really see his actions to be only on her behalf)

this season however he has taken to her much more
in ep 2 you had both the jacket and the fact he paniced when she was about to face rolo
ep 7 he was going after her, and later was radioing her (q-1)
ep 10 nuff said (the same mistake he made for nunnaly, and this time he even had someone there to point it out)
ep 11 he was the first guy in the chinese fortress (after xing-ke)
ep 18 he sends sayako and rolo to get nunnaly and kallen (even going so far as to make the guren a priority)
ep19 nuff said (and at this point its when he thinks he's about to die)
ep 22 nuff said (given his later actions, this is the only time he shows remorse about anything)
we'll just have to see how ep 24 pans out
Old 2008-09-16, 12:54   Link #11023
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
aside from the guren part (which also makes tactiacl sence i dont really see his actions to be only on her behalf)

this season however he has taken to her much more
in ep 2 you had both the jacket and the fact he paniced when she was about to face rolo
ep 7 he was going after her, and later was radioing her (q-1)
ep 10 nuff said ...
It's things like this that do a Kalulu fan's heart good especially in these times of despair (post-ep 22 pre-ep 24).
Old 2008-09-16, 12:56   Link #11024
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

A quick reminder guys. I'm pretty positive the mods have got the Code Geass forums on their "short list" with how bad things got yesterday. lets please try to remain civil & polite.

I will agree with youngde though in his assertion that Lelouch always tries to take responsibility for his own sins, no matter who it is. Its just that he seems to go out of his way to do so on Kallen's part.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 12:59   Link #11025
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
prevented her from stabbing Suzaku
Errr... okay, so he doesn't care about Suzaku at all.
He just wants to protect Kallen. In fact, that's the only thing he ever thinks about when making an important decision
Because he loves her, always has, and... who was this Suzaku guy again?
Or that Euph-...something? Of course he didn't kill her herself because he loved her, never wanted things to turn out as they did and felt responsible/heart-broken/guily as hell. No, he just wanted to protect poor Kallen's innocence. I mean, it's not as if she killed people before.
Or the Guren. I bet Lelouch always wanted to have something like that. I mean, he's got about as much stamina as I have, but why not play soldier a bit?
If the best pilot amongst the Black Knights had been anyone other than Kallen, he would have had a lot of fun with his new toy.
Before failing tremendously and falling from the sky like a dead duck, that is.
Old 2008-09-16, 13:00   Link #11026
reaper_unique

I'm not that good in speculating But I hope/believe that Kallen is not going to kill him and is going to have a heart to heart talk with lulu, if they don't get interrupted ofc.
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 13:13   Link #11027
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Errr... okay, so he doesn't care about Suzaku at all.
He just wants to protect Kallen. In fact, that's the only thing he ever thinks about when making an important decision
Because he loves her, always has, and... who was this Suzaku guy again?
Or that Euph-...something? Of course he didn't ...
Yeah she's important but key decisions on his part aren't pivoting around her. Up until recently his decisions were for the sake of Nunnally and avenging his mother.
Old 2008-09-16, 14:25   Link #11028
prototype_sky

Personally judging from s1 ep1 to s2 ep23
The top people that Lulu cares about are Nunnaly > Marianne > Suzaku

Nunnally is on top of the list because she is the #1 motive for his objectives
the s1 ep25 when he ditched the knights s2 ep6 and s2 ep18 when he tried to acquire her are classic examples. Not to mention she was the first image that pop into his head during Shirley's power of love speech

Marianne is second on the list because it was his motivation for going after Clovis and Repeated trying to capture Corneilia to get to the cause of her untimely death.

Suzaku is third because he made it a priority to save him from execution and didn't geass him when he refused s1 ep4 saw him as the perfect guard for nunnally, stopped the Four swords assault (Though technically Suzaku had it under ctrl), stopped Kallen's assassination attempt, tried to get him to switch sides, geassed him to live even though Suzaku was going to get them both killed.

Now in the case of Kallen in naruto terms
if Lulu = Naruto
Suzaku = Sasuke
Nunnally = Sakura
Kallen = Sai

Lulu had a longer relationship with nunnally and suzaku
where Kallen is a relatively new relationship since technically he has know Shirley/Milly/Rival/Nina longer than Kallen. Throughout the season 1 Kallen was focusing mainly on his Zero persona which is not who he really is and Lulu saw her the same way a boss views a good worker where any perks he gave her was because of her performance and loyality.

Now from what we've seen in season 2 is there enough evidence that she has risen enough to join the ranks of Nunnally + Suzaku.

So from what I can remember from season 2 that shows that Lulu was interested
1) Ep7 after fail to acquire his first love he requests some sexual healing
2) Ep10 makes an illogical move to get her back after she was captured
3) Ep19 wishes for her to live on and not throw her life away just as how he didn't want Rolo to throw his life away as well.

Sadly the writers took the time to develop Kallen liking Lulu but not the other way round. Their seperation from episode 10 to 18 didn't help much
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 14:35   Link #11029
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
I'm not that good in speculating But I hope/believe that Kallen is not going to kill him and is going to have a heart to heart talk with lulu, if they don't get interrupted ofc.
A heart to heart talks are possible is the cases like episode 22 when they took the long route or in s1 episode 19 when she's stranded alone with suzaku when they got time to kill. This is a one to two question and answer kinda Deal a very similar scenario to what happened in ep19
Old 2008-09-16, 14:40   Link #11030
iBeast

It will be Lulu and CC until the end....Kallen has always drifted on and off...like she is now. What the hell is she doing? She should be siding with Lelouch...not against Zero..
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 14:41   Link #11031
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Sadly the writers took the time to develop Kallen liking Lulu but not the other way round. Their seperation from episode 10 to 18 didn't help much
Hasn't she only said she would take him down? That doesn't really entail killing him.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 14:42   Link #11032
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
I think in reality we will get an angsty short talk.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 14:43   Link #11033
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I think in reality we will get an angsty short talk.
with lelouch
however i think she'd have a longer talk with C.C
Old 2008-09-16, 14:51   Link #11034
Baixinho

Quote:
if Lulu = Naruto
Suzaku = Sasuke
Nunnally = Sakura
Kallen = Sai
I can agree with Lelouch's priorities you point out (Nunnally, Marianne, Suzaku), and the fact that Kallen has risen only recently to his the Nunnally and Suzaku group, but the Naruto analogy is way off IMO. If anything, judging from the personalities and developments :
Lelouch=Sasuke
Sakura=Kallen
Naruto=Suzaku, if anyone
Sai=Rolo

Euphie, Nunnally, CC and Marianne have no real equivalent in Naruto

But except for the analogy Sasuke/Lelouch and Sakura/Kallen, I don't think you can make any analogy between those 2 shows actually.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 14:52   Link #11035
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
with lelouch
however i think she'd have a longer talk with C.C
That's probably what will happen as Lelouch is not gonna have time to explain anything, and neither will Suzaku so that just leaves C.C to do the talking.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 14:54   Link #11036
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
That's probably what will happen as Lelouch is not gonna have time to explain anything, and neither will Suzaku so that just leaves C.C to do the talking.
and if there is ever a point for C.C to stop being a bystander and start to effect lelouch's actions
that would be it
Old 2008-09-16, 14:59   Link #11037
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
I can agree with Lelouch's priorities you point out (Nunnally, Marianne, Suzaku), and the fact that Kallen has risen only recently to his the Nunnally and Suzaku group, but the Naruto analogy is way off IMO. If anything, judging from the personalities and developments :
Lelouch=Sasuke
Sakura=Kallen
Naruto=Suzaku, if anyone
Sai=Rolo

Euphie, Nunnally, CC and Marianne have no real equivalent in Naruto

But except for the analogy Sasuke/Lelouch and Sakura/Kallen, I don't think you can make any analogy between those 2 shows actually.
if Lulu = Naruto
Suzaku = Sasuke
Nunnally = Sakura
Kallen = Sai

There is everything okey, because he isn't talking about personalities, but how long Lelouch=Naruto knows the other persons.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:02   Link #11038
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
if Lulu = Naruto
Suzaku = Sasuke
Nunnally = Sakura
Kallen = Sai

There is everything okey, because he isn't talking about personalities, but how long Lelouch=Naruto knows the other persons.
Judging by their recent actions, I'd say that neither Suzaku nor Nunnally are the people Lelouch knows anymore. Kallen, however, has remained true to him and to herself the whole time Lelouch has known her.
Old 2008-09-16, 15:06   Link #11039
prototype_sky

Man the last time we've seen Kallen and CC chatting alone was very early in the season. She hasn't been one to give intel even to lulu so her opening up to Kallen next episode is a stretch
Old 2008-09-16, 15:08   Link #11040
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Man the last time we've seen Kallen and CC chatting alone was very early in the season. She hasn't been one to give intel even to lulu so her opening up to Kallen next episode is a stretch
not when its clear that at this point C.C isnt liking lulus actions (which are clearly bad for him as well)
why wouldnt she want to help him (stop him from hurting himself)
and if there is one person that C.C knows for a fact cares about him as much as she does
its kallen