Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-23, 11:20   Link #1881
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
GaruPan characters doesn't have romantic relationships with male characters neither does Watashi from Jinrui.
I see,thanks for that info. Are GaruPan and Jinrui worth watching?

Assume that this pattern "not having romantic interest with male characters" happen again,then those two together with Mami and Sakura are potential candidate for this year winner.
Old 2013-10-23, 11:25   Link #1882
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post

Assume that this pattern "not having romantic interest with male characters" happen again,then those two together with Mami and Sakura are potential candidate for this year winner.
I think those 2 series are worth watching, in my opinion.
Old 2013-10-23, 12:32   Link #1883
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You'll make better assessments looking at percentages and considering how difficult the opponent is.

Go by pure numbers of votes and you'll conclude that Ryuuka is the favorite after round 1, which is nonsense of course.
Vote count is by far the most reliable method of gauging strength. While 322 votes did not necessarily mean that Ryuuka would have won the tournament, it implied that she did have a chance of going far.

That said, it completely failed to predict what happened later on in the tournament. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how KanbeKotori could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
Mami 503 -> 441
Toki 230 -> 213

Kyouko 491 -> 427
Azusa 220 -> 209
OK, fact that MadoMagi girls have a higher than average percentage of votes suspected to be multivotes.

Too busy to do much checking of info though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
About repechage, there are mainly two things I don't like:
One is that the selection of characters should be way more strict than now. Only the strongest losers should make it in. With 32 characters you are bound to have a lot of weak ones that are just lucky to be here at all. The other one is that the time it takes to get this done should be reduced to just 3 or 4 days.

But the basic idea of having repechage is not bad. Madoka could even go and win the tournament and a few other characters can at least make it to quarterfinals. The format, schedule and character selection should be changed though.
Also add that repechage survivor should be paired against block winner. To do otherwise would help the former too much and be too unfair to the latter.

That said, no system is perfect; all we can do is to have a system that can capture the most possibilities.

Quote:
OreImo + Saki + Chuu
With Saki and Chuu2 the way they are now, I don't think they'll be of much help.

Though Ro-Kyu-bu! could help too.

@Triple_R: I find the repechage dull, yet necessary. Revival rounds are meant to be a dull reprieve anyway. Even Madoka didn't break 200 in the first round of repechage.

But yeah, the admins should be able to handle 3-4 rounds a day. Wonder why they're only doing 2.

Things would get exciting only if the likes of Homura herself had made it to revival rounds. OTOH, no one's expecting anyone who isn't Homura level to make it to the final 8 even if they make it to the sweet 16 (because, well, they did lose in the first place, after all; chances of them winning their draw in the main 16 looks bleak).

@Archaeon: Lol, I figured it out long ago but didn't point it out because I thought it was common sense. Ah well, can't really fault the reason behind it though.

But that's what makes the victories of the likes of Taiga in AST more interesting. This is also the reason why you shouldn't write off Sayaka's, Kuroneko's and Ayase's chances so easily.

But what I find even more interesting in Taiga's victory is that going by logic, girls who successfully end up with the guy they're in love with should have an even lower chance than winning than girls who don't. Maybe it's because she's the main heroine but that explanation isn't enough.

On a side note, why is Kyouko Toshinou's name constantly capitalised? I rarely see anyone else's names get the same treatment.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-23, 12:53   Link #1884
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:

Among all Saimoe winners, I think only Nanoha,Taiga and Sakura Kinomoto have legitimate boyfriend/male lover.
Nanoha has never been in a relationship in her life.
Old 2013-10-23, 14:32   Link #1885
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
On a side note, why is Kyouko Toshinou's name constantly capitalised? I rarely see anyone else's names get the same treatment.
Ayano always screams out Kyouko's name that's why.
Old 2013-10-23, 15:57   Link #1886
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Yes, she has O_o There's Feito-mama.
Old 2013-10-23, 16:50   Link #1887
Team Rocket Elite

Expected winners this time. Madoka easily wins her match and continues on her quest to get back into the main bracket. Akiko vs Takane wasn't really that close in the end with my pick of Akiko winning.
Old 2013-10-23, 17:45   Link #1888
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Yes, she has O_o There's Feito-mama.
She's never been in a romantic relationship with a guy, my bad.
Old 2013-10-24, 03:49   Link #1889
Archaeon

Quote:
Erm..does Yuuno count? Ok,I know she's never been in actual relationship with Yuuno and not strong enough for a shipping. Or does yuri pair Fate x Nanoha stronger than Yuuno x Nanoha?

But yeah,even Nanoha can hardly be consider in actual romantic relationship compare to Taiga and Sakura Kinomoto.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2013-10-24 at 04:08.
Old 2013-10-24, 05:00   Link #1890
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Erm..does Yuuno count? Ok,I know she's never been in actual relationship with Yuuno and not strong enough for a shipping. Or does yuri pair Fate x Nanoha stronger than Yuuno x Nanoha?

But yeah,even Nanoha can hardly be consider in actual romantic relationship compare to Taiga and Sakura Kinomoto.
There is no YuunoxNanoha.
Old 2013-10-24, 06:42   Link #1891
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: R2-1 R2-3

Rikka may not be as strong as she was originally expected to be but she should still be a fair bit stronger than Koneko. Rikka should win but it wouldn't be that surprising if Koneko got close. Saki characters are a shadow of their former selves. Kyouko would probably beat Arata before Saki's fall and now it should be an easy win for Kyouko.

Votes:
Takanashi Rikka
Toshinou Kyouko

Predictions:
Takanashi Rikka
Toshinou Kyouko
Old 2013-10-24, 07:40   Link #1892
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCqnqzWeOc
Old 2013-10-24, 09:35   Link #1893
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
GaruPan is good where it counts (in particular tank matches).

Jinrui, despite the fairytale-esque art, is a black comedy and full of WTF-ness, so maybe it depends on your taste? I really love it though
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-24, 09:44   Link #1894
ion475
にこにこにー

Following one-day break...

R2-1: Pick/Predict: Rikka. Rikka may got destroyed by a MadoMagi girl, doesn't mean she's THAT weak...
R2-3: Pick/Predict: TOSHINO KYOUKO.
Old 2013-10-24, 11:32   Link #1895
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Prediction- Rikka, TOSHINOU KYOUKO
Picks- Rikka, TOSHINOU KYOUKO
Old 2013-10-24, 12:04   Link #1896
iamadooddood
NOM.

I got the shouting thing, but it's still kind of irritating. Ah well.

Quote:
She's never been in a romantic relationship with a guy, my bad.
Quote:

Yuuno nothing. How about Nanoha's relationship with Chrono in a game called Triangle Heart 3: Sweet Songs Forever. If you were wondering what this game is, Lyrical Nanoha started off as a spinoff of this, where she was the main character's 9-year-old little sister. And yes, Chrono hooks up with Nanoha after she... beats him up. Of course. This was her first ever "befriending". And that pairing was actually canon in that game.

Of course, this being a het pairing gets ignored once Nanoha got her own 'verse. And Fate.

Old 2013-10-24, 12:21   Link #1897
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I got the shouting thing, but it's still kind of irritating. Ah well.
Well, if nothing else, it helps to make sure people know which Kyouko is being talked about, since there are two pretty strong Kyoukos in this tournament.

(But if those two Kyoukos ever go head-to-head with PMMM's Kyouko winning, I'm so going to enjoy writing "Congrats to SAKURA KYOUKO!" )
Old 2013-10-24, 12:30   Link #1898
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, if nothing else, it helps to make sure people know which Kyouko is being talked about, since there are two pretty strong Kyoukos in this tournament.

(But if those two Kyoukos ever go head-to-head with PMMM's Kyouko winning, I'm so going to enjoy writing "Congrats to SAKURA KYOUKO!" )
I don't even want to think of what's going to happen in that case.

I should randomly assign the girls distinct arbitrary numbers and refer to them as "girl 1", girl "12", "girl 56", "girl 107" etc thereafter.

Old 2013-10-24, 12:41   Link #1899
hinakatbklyn

Hmmm..... maybe a coincidence, but two of the four final 8 matches last year were pair matches:
Saki vs. Nodoka & Kuro vs. Yu Matsumi

Besides Sakura/Toshino Kyouko being matched up just for having the same name, if there are any more matching coincidences this year, both have at least one other matching opponent (in their respective series).

I could think of other possible matches, but I'll wait until the complete top 16 is revealed.
Old 2013-10-24, 15:54   Link #1900
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:

Yuuno nothing. How about Nanoha's relationship with Chrono in a game called Triangle Heart 3: Sweet Songs Forever. If you were wondering what this game is, Lyrical Nanoha started off as a spinoff of this, where she was the main character's 9-year-old little sister. And yes, Chrono hooks up with Nanoha after she... beats him up. Of course. This was her first ever "befriending". And that pairing was actually canon in that game.

Of course, this being a het pairing gets ignored once Nanoha got her own 'verse. And Fate.
Yes, but that's not even the same character. At most, the Nanoha from that game was a prototype. That's not who anyone in this contest is voting for. Plus this is anime saimoe, and such events never happened in the anime's canon.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament