Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-10, 13:04   Link #3961
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

spoilers are out
Spoiler for spoilers:

so, kouen is from now on(officially) part of the shady group....and its very probable that allibaba is "under" kouen control in more than one way.

poor phenex....Hakuryuu is going to hunt her..and i like that possibility!
Old 2014-11-11, 00:02   Link #3962
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
you guys are so easily swayed . Wait till Alibaba pull out his version of Zankantou and build a republic out of Balbadd to judge him completely . In the latest chapter of Sinbad, Spartos made his appearance. Finally, the most normal guy of the 8 generals has some focus but I'm actually more interested in what's going on with Drakon and his princess.
Judar and Hakuryuu: Alibaba, you can't defeat me...I have 10,000 armies!
Alibaba: .....
Judar and Hakuryuu: And once I conquered Ballad, I will make all women in Ballad into a prostitute for my armies.
Alibaba: ....WHAT?
Judar and Hakuryuu: and of course, Morg and Kougyoku will share the same fate as those women.
Alibaba: ZANKA NO TACHI!
Judar and Hakuryuu: What's up with these HEAT?!?
Alibaba summons ash undeads from his flame
Alibaba: This is my 10,000 undead armies that made from the ashes.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 00:59   Link #3963
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
spoilers are out
Spoiler for spoilers:

so, kouen is from now on(officially) part of the shady group....and its very probable that allibaba is "under" kouen control in more than one way.

poor phenex....Hakuryuu is going to hunt her..and i like that possibility!
I don't usually read Magi spoilers, so I'm not sure how credible they are, but I'm highly doubtful about these ones. It could be that something was butchered in translation (the English itself was atrocious anyway), like instead
Spoiler for :
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 04:31   Link #3964
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Both Belial and Phenex use life-type magic so it's very likely that Kouen is capable of mind controlling. Not to mention that we knew from Judar that Kouen actually placed something on Hakuryuu to keep him in check. Still, Haku actually spend time to master Belial is pretty cool since it's rare to show villain doing training.

As days pass, the Hatred Duo's power is growing, I hope Alibaba is not sitting duck and doing nothing. He need to have something better than just "Shooting fire from from his ass" (Judar's line ) to defeat Haku who can use 2 Djinn in tandem.
Old 2014-11-11, 06:57   Link #3965
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Both Belial and Phenex use life-type magic so it's very likely that Kouen is capable of mind controlling. Not to mention that we knew from Judar that Kouen actually placed something on Hakuryuu to keep him in check. Still, Haku actually spend time to master Belial is pretty cool since it's rare to show villain doing training.

As days pass, the Hatred Duo's power is growing, I hope Alibaba is not sitting duck and doing nothing. He need to have something better than just "Shooting fire from from his ass" (Judar's line ) to defeat Haku who can use 2 Djinn in tandem.
Maybe Alibaba himself already freaking strong but doesn't have the opportunity to show his true skill or je just doesn't feel like to show off until the situation goes wary.

But really, the writer really trying his hardest to make us hate Hakuryuu and Judar. Hakuryuu was so unethical now. He is not only mind controlling them. He is also trying his best to paint En as a bastard. Now, really, who is the bastard now?

I guess Evil Hakuryuu is to show us that how awesome Alibaba is if he actually HAD a goal instead of cleaning Aladdin's shoe every single day.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 07:17   Link #3966
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Maybe Alibaba himself already freaking strong but doesn't have the opportunity to show his true skill or je just doesn't feel like to show off until the situation goes wary.

But really, the writer really trying his hardest to make us hate Hakuryuu and Judar. Hakuryuu was so unethical now. He is not only mind controlling them. He is also trying his best to paint En as a bastard. Now, really, who is the bastard now?

I guess Evil Hakuryuu is to show us that how awesome Alibaba is if he actually HAD a goal instead of cleaning Aladdin's shoe every single day.
Not that Kouen is any cleaner.It's just that Kouen's ambitions are lot more rational and mainstream while Hakuryuu is just outright insane.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 16:46   Link #3967
dazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I don't usually read Magi spoilers, so I'm not sure how credible they are, but I'm highly doubtful about these ones. It could be that something was butchered in translation (the English itself was atrocious anyway), like instead
Spoiler for :
(・・; ) that is actually my fault...

anyway! here are the copy/paste of the spoilers: (they are the same, but without my engrish )

Spoiler for spoilers copy paste:

images addition:
Spoiler for pic 1:

Spoiler for pic 2:

about phenex: a djin with healing capacities can be used in a lot of ways(control your hormones/inner system, torture,can be used as a "new" way to kill a person/animal)
in any case , here is phenex declaration:
Spoiler for declaration:

Spoiler for kouen:

silly kouen...or he is under gyouken charm mmm...in any case what about the rest of your family,man..oh well, maybe phenex have a limit or they are disposables(i go for the second choice)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
(゜゜)

Quote:
actually i like evil Hakuryuu ..and he is not that bad...at least the "soldier"/( Human subject research) under zangan are alive..and the mindfuck illusions of kouen killing the old imperial family is a "strategy" + it can only last for a few weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Not that Kouen is any cleaner.It's just that Kouen's ambitions are lot more rational and mainstream while Hakuryuu is just outright insane.
ah, both are crazy and irrational, kouen ideals cant work...the only fate they can archive is a massive civil war + a few "lord of war" , and the second want to kill her mother and push the "traitors" out of his country(and direct to hell)....but , now that he is with judar , he want to change the world(its better than he killing himself after he archive his goal...right?..)...+ that open the possibility to crush solomon will...and ill-lah will

ah yeah, sinbad raw is out:

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2014-11-12, 23:19   Link #3968
dazo

raw is out

raw is finally out
*random thoughts*
-all hail the true black king
* this dude is really badass*

-gyokuen : mommy is so proud of you

-phenex..be ready ..you are going to change masters very soon
______
in any case, a very solid chapter..with a little of inner development... + this is how a mc should be

Last edited by dazo; 2014-11-12 at 23:31.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 04:10   Link #3969
Ulic

Haku seems really irrational to me right now thinking everyone abandoned him. To me it looks like he created a chasm between himself and others because of how obsessed he is with revenge.
Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 04:46   Link #3970
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Chapter 246:Wow,excellent chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukio View Post
Haku seems really irrational to me right now thinking everyone abandoned him. To me it looks like he created a chasm between himself and others because of how obsessed he is with revenge.
This is just my analysis,so you may or may not agree.I highly doubt much of the major characters will support what he's doing. Sure,a lot of people will support him getting rid of his mother,but will people support his quest to get the throne?I highly doubt it.His end goal is to kill those who murdered his father and his brothers,as well as to takeover the throne,whom he regard as having been stolen from him by his uncle.Too many people in the empire support Kouen's gang and this group isn't willing to do anything against his mother at the moment.No one will support him,not even his sister or his so-called 'friends'. To support him would mean a civil war in the empire and none of these characters wants that and would probably want Hakuryuu drop out of the succession dispute than have him fight Kouen.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-11-13 at 05:05.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:04   Link #3971
Ulic

Quote:
This is just my analysis,so you may or may not agree.I highly doubt anyone will support what he's doing. Sure,a lot of people will support him getting rid of his mother,but will people support his quest to get the throne?I highly doubt it.Too many people in the empire support Kouen's gang and this group isn't willing to do anything against his mother at the moment.No one will support him,not even his sister or his so-called 'friends'. To support him would mean a civil war in the empire and none of these characters wants that and would probably want Hakuryuu drop out of the succession dispute than have him fight Kouen.
I don't disagree. I'm pondering on his motivations for doing so which are really tantamount to little more than revenge and trying to make right what he sees as wrong, as in Kouen's mother allowing the throne to be taken from him, not to mention the loss of his brothers, disregarding where the real wrongs are.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:11   Link #3972
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
I don't disagree. I'm pondering on his motivations for doing so which are really tantamount to little more than revenge and trying to make right what he sees as wrong, as in Kouen's mother allowing the throne to be taken from him, not to mention the loss of his brothers, disregarding where the real wrongs are.
I think it really does boil down to revenge. He also thinks that he's got the potential to be a great leader.About disregarding where the real wrongs are,what do you mean by that?
Old 2014-11-13, 05:21   Link #3973
Ulic

Quote:
I think it really does boil down to revenge. He also thinks that he's got the potential to be a great leader.About disregarding where the real wrongs are,what do you mean by that?
Al Thamen and how they plan to bring Ill Ilah back. Meanwhile, Haku can only think about how his brothers died, Hakuei sides with Kouen and that Morgiana rejected him and both deserve death for it. What he's ignoring is that Kouen, ruthless as he is and reliant on tough methods and dictatorial policies (which I don't support), has his sights in what is more or less a righteous goal - bring unity to the world. Hakuryuu is also ignoring how Kouen had no part to play in the revolt. As I see it, Hakuei effectively symbolizes what Hakuryuu would've been had he kept his head on straight and vice-versa in Hakuei's case.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:34   Link #3974
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Al Thamen and how they plan to bring Ill Ilah back. Meanwhile, Haku can only think about how his brothers died, Hakuei sides with Kouen and that Morgiana rejected him and both deserve death for it. What he's ignoring is that Kouen, ruthless as he is and reliant on tough methods and dictatorial policies (which I don't support), has his sights in what is more or less a righteous goal - bring unity to the world. Hakuryuu is also ignoring how Kouen had no part to play in the revolt. As I see it, Hakuei effectively symbolizes what Hakuryuu would've been had he kept his head on straight and vice-versa in Hakuei's case.
Pretty much. Although,Hakuyryuu isn't fighting Kouen and co. because of revenge. He's fighting against them because everyone knows that Kouen also wants the throne. It's inevitable that they fight each other if they both wanted the throne. And yes, Kouen is definitely a better leader than Hakuyruu. I can sympathize with him,but I highly doubt he's as good a leader as Kouen, since he's way too emotional and unstable.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:42   Link #3975
Ulic

Quote:
Pretty much. Although,Hakuyryuu isn't fighting Kouen and co. because of revenge. He's fighting against them because everyone knows that Kouen also wants the throne. It's inevitable that they fight each other if they both wanted the throne. And yes, Kouen is definitely a better leader than Hakuyruu. I can sympathize with him,but I highly doubt he's as good a leader as Kouen, since he's way too emotional and unstable.
He deems Kouen a usurper as if he had to do with the revolt, so for Hakuryuu fighting Kouen is part of his grand scheme of revenge and righting all wrongs done to him and his brothers. I agree that a fight between them is inevitable and that Hakuryuu is unfit to be king.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:45   Link #3976
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
He deems Kouen a usurper as if he had to do with the revolt, so for Hakuryuu fighting Kouen is part of his grand scheme of revenge and righting all wrongs done to him and his brothers. I agree that a fight between them is inevitable and that Hakuryuu is unfit to be king.
I highly doubt he'd harm Kouen and co. if they surrender quietly and acknowledge him as emperor. He deems Kouen as an usurper because technically, he is an usurper. Kouen and co. pretends that he's already the rightful emperor when he's not. Out of all the folks, Hakuryuu has the best claim to the throne.Although,I do think that the guy is also secretly jealous about how there's so many people that wants Kouen to be the emperor while treating him and his sister, people who have a better claim to the throne, as trash.
Old 2014-11-13, 05:52   Link #3977
Ulic

Quote:
I highly doubt he'd harm Kouen and co. if they surrender quietly and acknowledge him as emperor. He deems Kouen as an usurper because technically, he is an usurper. Kouen and co. pretends that he's already the rightful emperor when he's not. Out of all the folks, Hakuryuu has the best claim to the throne.Although,I do think that the guy is also secretly jealous about how there's so many people that wants Kouen to be the emperor while treating him and his sister, people who have a better claim to the throne, as trash.
Fair point that is really is a usurper technically. I just think he's taking it too personally by blaming all of Kouen's family for what happened to him.
Old 2014-11-13, 08:32   Link #3978
Duffman

Wow. Love the pace that magi is finally going at after what feels like 100 chapters of little progress. Hakuryuu and Judar are actually making things... happen. Especially sick of alibaba and aladdin. It's especially annoying since the manga tries to talk about how there's no perfect one man with all the answers, but it portrays aladdin as the one who's always right. Hakuryuu is obviously not good, but at least the author doesn't try to portray him as a saint by burying the various hypocrisies he carries with weird white rukh appearing explanations.

Really hope we get 100 chapters of hakuryuu and Judar rather than some arc of our main characters getting stronger.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 09:00   Link #3979
Nicaea

Quote:
He created that chasm because he felt like othere were standing in his way and trying to keep him from going for what he wants. Besides, the scenes of what happened when he got home together with Hakuei show that he was walking on a tightrope. Him being that unstable already should tell you that he was never able to be sane since a very long time. He's a bit like Mogamett in that regard, who due to his evergrowing hatred too had to chose between two sides of the internal balance that was eating away at him.

Quote:
He isn't saying that both Hakuei and Morgiana deserve death for rejecting him. True, he may have been bitter about Morgana's refusal, but that's not it. Both Hakuei and Morgiana have in tried to keep him from going off the deep end. During Belial's trial, Hakuryuu was confronted to them again and they tried to keep him from his quest of revenge. It was in the moment that he resolved himself to follow through on his path for revenge, that he said that he won't hesitate to kill all that stand in his way; including the two people he cared about the most.

He knows that Kouen wants to unify the world, Kouen directly told him and Hakuei about it. I think that Hakuryuu feels that his uncle stole the throne from him and his brothers and by doing so all who are related to him are as guilty. Let's face it, things were pretty bad for him and his sister after their brothers were slaughtered. Relations with Kouen and co. have never gotten any better since. I know that's your opinion, but Hakuei will never be what Hakuryuu would have been "had he kept his head straight". Hakuryuu grew up knowing the truth while Hakuei grew up in ignorance of what truly happened, therefore you can't say that Hakuei chose a different path than Hakuryuu. When he was little, he had to keep the truth all to himself and make sure that his uncle wouldn't see him as a danger whilst also training to become stronger. They wouldn't have let Hakuryuu travel to Sindria if they didn't underestimate him. Hakuei was inoffensive due to her demeanor and well, she can't directly claim the throne, so she received less harsh treatment conpared to Hakuryuu who is the fourth prince whilst Kouen is apparently the fifth.

Quote:
He would harm Kouen. They're not really on good terms and Hakuryuu learning of how Kouen tried to controll his hatred pretty much guarantees that he'll see Kouen as an enemy.

Quote:
Fair point that is really is a usurper technically. I just think he's taking it too personally by blaming all of Kouen's family for what happened to him.
How can he not take it too personally? He mainly blamed his uncle, but upon noticing that Kouen got his third metal vessel it wouldn't be weird for him to blame them too. It's Kouen and co. who gained the most in the deaths of the late king and Hakuryuu's brothers, due to Gyokuen providing them with metal vessels for instance.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 09:23   Link #3980
Ulic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
He isn't saying that both Hakuei and Morgiana deserve death for rejecting him. True, he may have been bitter about Morgana's refusal, but that's not it. Both Hakuei and Morgiana have in tried to keep him from going off the deep end. During Belial's trial, Hakuryuu was confronted to them again and they tried to keep him from his quest of revenge. It was in the moment that he resolved himself to follow through on his path for revenge, that he said that he won't hesitate to kill all that stand in his way; including the two people he cared about the most.

He knows that Kouen wants to unify the world, Kouen directly told him and Hakuei about it. I think that Hakuryuu feels that his uncle stole the throne from him and his brothers and by doing so all who are related to him are as guilty. Let's face it, things were pretty bad for him and his sister after their brothers were slaughtered. Relations with Kouen and co. have never gotten any better since. I know that's your opinion, but Hakuei will never be what Hakuryuu would have been "had he kept his head straight". Hakuryuu grew up knowing the truth while Hakuei grew up in ignorance of what truly happened, therefore you can't say that Hakuei chose a different path than Hakuryuu. When he was little, he had to keep the truth all to himself and make sure that his uncle wouldn't see him as a danger whilst also training to become stronger. They wouldn't have let Hakuryuu travel to Sindria if they didn't underestimate him. Hakuei was inoffensive due to her demeanor and well, she can't directly claim the throne, so she received less harsh treatment conpared to Hakuryuu who is the fourth prince whilst Kouen is apparently the fifth.
I worded it wrongly. You are right, he is willing to kill them only if he feels they stand in his way, but what I'm trying to figure out is what Hakuryuu intends to do once he has the throne. Is it merely the throne he wants back because he feels he was wronged by his uncle, with his cousins being guilty by association, or does he have some higher purpose? By the looks of things, it just looks as tho he wants the empire for himself, and conquer the rest of the world by any means necessary, even brainwashing (which isn't exactly a good way to establish a long-term rule, making me wonder if he's also after immortality).

If conquest is his goal, he has no business opposing Kouen because they're both after the same thing and my initial point stands that Hakuryuu is just being irrationally hateful. Kouen trying to control his anger also doesn't seem like a bad thing to me tbh. Iirc, Kouen wanted to make good relation with Hakuryuu and wasn't involved with the revolt either.

Gyokuen is another matter, and she was a legitimate threat being the leader of Al Thamen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
How can he not take it too personally? He mainly blamed his uncle, but upon noticing that Kouen got his third metal vessel it wouldn't be weird for him to blame them too. It's Kouen and co. who gained the most in the deaths of the late king and Hakuryuu's brothers, due to Gyokuen providing them with metal vessels for instance.
Kouen benefiting the most seems like pure coincidence rather than hinting toward any actual involvement in his uncle's usurpation of the throne. If nothing else, Gyokuen was the one primarily responsible, and Hakuryuu turning his blade toward her is understandable. Not to mention that with the way things were heading, Kouen would've also had to fight her if Hakuryuu didn't hurry things along.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen