AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 22:44   Link #1141
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm fine with waiting for it to be fixed. I'd prefer to see it on my computer.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:27   Link #1142
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for A cat's kicking my butt:

Wow, so literal .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 00:58   Link #1143
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 9:

All in all, maybe the best episode of the series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 03:06   Link #1144
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

great episode I must say...

I really appreciate someone like Wien and Konatsu who can spit out their problem easily
it's understandable for whole group and they can agree to work under Wien's superhero plot...

it's just totally different when we're dealing with Sawa's arc and Wakana's arc because they don't like to involve other parties in their own problem

Vice principal-san... somehow you're so kind... it's so unlike you
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 06:27   Link #1145
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I recently asked a friend of mine (who likes Tari Tari and is good at photoshop work) to do this for me.

Go Go Tari Rangers!!!

In tribute to Wien, of course.
When i was watching ep 9, this Pic struck in my memory, hahahaha foreshadowing ftw
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 06:46   Link #1146
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Episode was alright, kinda random and silly, much like Wien himself.

Also, this episode marks the return of the random butt slapping. Though there's not much focus on said asses, except Sawa's mom, who has the best ass in the series by default.

Also, Wakana is moe.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 06:49   Link #1147
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 9:

All in all, maybe the best episode of the series.
I don't mean to criticize you but really? Just because Wien got development you think this is the best episode? . I ask because I read that big editorial you had on your blog regarding "male treatment" in anime .

Now I'm not bashing this episode, but this episode was heaps of ... random comedy which about half of it I did not funny. But if I was a betting man, like Jinrui, Tari Tari's finale eps for an arc have always been spectacular. So I'll wait till then before I judge. Last time I judged we followed up the 1st Sawa arc ep with a spectacular rebound.

Decent episode, but nothing too noteworthy. It was at the very least still superior to the 1st Sawa arc ep. Got some lols but it wasn't all that memorable for now. Except for that ass-slap. Seriously, wtf at Sawa's mom and her obsession for asses
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:11   Link #1148
ookamigirl

White Festival preparations.
Music drama idea was not too bad.
Sawa's mom sure was clever to use them as mascots.
At least Wakana got the most out it.
The guys were really into the superhero theme.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:15   Link #1149
Bombo
TSF Fans

Wien u damn tsundere with sawa for red ...So funny hahahaha
and another sawa's mom smart move with wakana
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:46   Link #1150
Midonin
Last Engage

たりたり♪♪ 09 - Space On Your Hand

My reasons for liking this episode are completely superficial, but I've been posting here long enough that it's clear - I am easily suckered in by anything even remotely hero-related. Nobuyuki Hiyama (got the name right this time) calls to mind the recently-ended Fourze, though the Ganbaraiger are a bit odd as Sentai teams go. I don't think any official teams have used that color scheme, and as is consistent with these sorts of things, they're depicted fighting against Shocker grunts. That they have a theme song (that will likely be released on one of those future albums) does get me excited, though.

This is the first time I've seen local heroes come up in an anime. They're a brand of toku hero that doesn't get much attention, but are still influential. Mabuyer, Hachimantairar, Orlandor, all of them contributing something to the landscape. Wien definitely understands what makes a Sentai show work, and having Yellow be associated with curry, while a bit of an old joke, still got a laugh out of me. If I'd known the Ganbaraiger were going to end up being this prominent, I'd have become invested in this show much earlier.

They may not be the Ganbaraiger, or even Zyu or Fiveman, but I think the choir club can pull off something amazing for this show. Just don't go claiming a fight song is supposed to be an opening at the last minute, that'll just make them look desperate.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:41   Link #1151
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzie View Post
If anyone's having problems watching episode 9 because it's bugged on Crunchyroll, it's working on other devices because apparently it's had another encode. So you can still see it on your PS3, Android phone or tablet, or iPad if you've got the CR app.
That accounts for the delay I experienced in viewing the episode on my desktop. It's good to know what happened. Now, I'll try and actually watch the episode
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:41   Link #1152
Blonto

Such horrible, horrible German
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:43   Link #1153
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Such horrible, horrible German
Is the pronunciation or grammar blotched? I'm suddenly curious to know!
Old 2012-08-27, 10:56   Link #1154
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Is the pronunciation or grammar blotched? I'm suddenly curious to know!
The pronunciation was awful. I couldn't understand what they were saying at all so I can't say much about the grammar.
Old 2012-08-27, 10:58   Link #1155
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
The pronunciation was awful. I couldn't understand what they were saying at all.
I'm not too sure about the pronunciations, myself: its been several years since I've studied German. That said, I figured they would do something similar to So Ra No Wo To and get a native German speaker for those roles.

Edit: I need to check my sources more carefully. The VAs in So Ra No Wo To who have spoken German roles studied German extensively, and are considered competent in the language. They aren't native speakers

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2012-08-27 at 23:43.
Old 2012-08-27, 11:17   Link #1156
Blonto

Quote:
I'm not too sure about the pronunciations, myself: its been several years since I've studied German. That said, I figured they would do something similar to So Ra No Wo To and get a native German speaker for those roles.
I'm not fluent at German, but I've been exposed to it long enough to know the grammar and how it should sound.
Very few anime bother to find native speakers, which isn't surprising given how homogeneous Japan is. I was kinda hoping to hear good German in this show. The Spanish guy didn't sound like a Japanese speaker, but then I don't know Spanish at all.

Last edited by Blonto; 2012-08-27 at 11:31.
Old 2012-08-27, 11:23   Link #1157
Blaat

So I'm the only one who looked up Sandleitengasse on google maps after reading it on the package? Guess what? It exists.

I doubt it would cause an otaku pilgrimage like the other real life locations simply due to the fact there is no moe girl involved.
Old 2012-08-27, 11:38   Link #1158
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
I'm not fluent at German, but I've been exposed to it long enough to know the grammar and how it should sound.
Very few anime bother to find native speakers, which isn't surprising given how homogeneous Japan is. I was kinda hoping to hear good German in this show. The Spanish guy didn't sound like a Japanese speaker, but then I don't know Spanish at all.
I see: I think I've mentioned this earlier, but have you seen So Ra No Wo To? They do have fluent VAs fluent in German. It's quite awesome There are a handful of anime who've employed not necessarily native speakers of a language, but fluent (at least, competent) speakers of said language to good effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
So I'm the only one who looked up Sandleitengasse on google maps after reading it on the package? Guess what? It exists.

I doubt it would cause an otaku pilgrimage like the other real life locations simply due to the fact there is no moe girl involved.
That location might nonetheless be visited by those who are interested in the area itself, rather than the moé. I suppose with Goole Maps now, it becomes even easier for producers to create settings inspired by those in other nations
Old 2012-08-27, 12:01   Link #1159
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I don't mean to criticize you but really? Just because Wien got development you think this is the best episode? . I ask because I read that big editorial you had on your blog regarding "male treatment" in anime .

Now I'm not bashing this episode, but this episode was heaps of ... random comedy which about half of it I did not funny. But if I was a betting man, like Jinrui, Tari Tari's finale eps for an arc have always been spectacular. So I'll wait till then before I judge. Last time I judged we followed up the 1st Sawa arc ep with a spectacular rebound.

Decent episode, but nothing too noteworthy. It was at the very least still superior to the 1st Sawa arc ep. Got some lols but it wasn't all that memorable for now. Except for that ass-slap. Seriously, wtf at Sawa's mom and her obsession for asses
Did you read the full blog post on why I thought this episode was so enjoyable? Because I gave you five paragraphs of reasons, most of which have little to do with Wien but more to do with the fact that it sloughed off the gloom cloud of angst that this show doesn't wear very well (among other reasons).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 12:05   Link #1160
Blonto

Here's what I got after lots of rewatching:
Gehst du wirklich? Es ist einsam. - Are you really going? It's lonely. (yes, present tense.)
Keine sorge. Ganba Red will Yan verteidigen. - No worries. Ganba Red will protect Yan. (lol at using the name instead of a pronoun. That's not how it's done in German)
Kannst du mir ein Brief (...) verschicken? Ich möchte auch über Japan wissen. - Can you send me a letter? (if it was "letters", I believe it would be "die Briefe") I also want to know about Japan.
Gerne! - Gladly
If anyone understood the part I missed, feel free to fill it in.
Quote:
I see: I think I've mentioned this earlier, but have you seen So Ra No Wo To? They do have fluent VAs fluent in German. It's quite awesome There are a handful of anime who've employed not necessarily native speakers of a language, but fluent (at least, competent) speakers of said language to good effect.
The anime didn't seem interesting to me back when it aired, but if it handles a foreign language well, then it's worth checking out for that alone. Right now anime German for me brings unpleasant memories of Asuka

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works