Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-26, 20:34   Link #10841
blottyparchment

From a few pages back,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Was it confirmed that Lelouch was a virgin? You know , I was thinking about that time where Lulu and C.C. where sitting on the bed and I was wondering if something happened after that.
Yes it's been confirmed in Continue No. 42. They slapped it in our faces with this title in capital letters, "LELOUCH IS D.T. (D.T.=doutei=virgin)" and a whole page talking about Lelouch's inexperience with girls.

It made 3 points:
1. Lelouch says this line to Kallen, "Comfort me. As a woman, you can do it, can't you?" in a formulaic tone, as if he picked it up from somewhere. If he has experience with women (TV drama??), he would have made a move without having to say anything.
2. He had to consult Shirley about love and relationships. (Turn 11)
3. He took the dates Sayoko set for him very seriously, but this rather points his awkwardness/inexperience. Most likely, he never had a chance to have a date since he was busy with the rebellion.

So unfortunately, no hidden smut scene with any of the girls.
Old 2008-11-26, 20:37   Link #10842
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Everyone is certainly entiled to their own opinions, but that doesn't change the fact that opinions can be wrong if based on faulty logic such as an angument that basically boils down to 'I don't see it, therefore, it's not true.' If you boil it down to it's barest form, that argument comes out as, 'my POV is right because my POV is right.'

I'm not saying you can't prefer CluClu, Kalulu or Shirlulu, but one should be aware of their own biases when coming up w/ an argument. I find Kalulu to have the most evidence for genuine affection on both sides (besides in series interaction, it was confirmed by staff that their kiss was mutual and Kallen was in love w/ Lelouch), but that doesn't mean I ignore the fact CluClu and Shirlulu all had significant development over the course of the series. Kallen, C.C. and Shirley: all three could conceivably be Lelouch's true love.

I gotta be honest, anyone who says "(One girl) had all the genuine/best/most romantic moments w/ Lulu, (the other two girls) moments were just Lelouch being friendly like he would be w/ Rival, etc., etc," I don't think was watching the same series. Your free to have your favorite pairing, but to say the other pairings were in the 'just friends' zone isn't terribly convincing.

youngde, signing off.
I completely agree with this.To me at leat to dismiss Kallen, Shirley and C.C. as mere friends or comrades is not that accurate. Lelouch's realtionship with the three ladies grew with time. Kallen definitely wasn't just a mere comrade who just wanted to be loyal to Lelouch since turns 19,21 and 22 was an indication that Kallen just wanted to know Lelouch's feelings toward her. Willing to die with him and forget about her reasons for fighting(forgeting her mother especially).

Thought I have my own thoughts for Shirley and C.C relationship, I do believe they were more than just friends. The problem as always is Lelouch's feelings toward the three as always. Especially with Shirley getting murdered and Lelouch never answering Kallen's question(which in my opinion should have happened during the anime, since they to me didn't need to show Kallen during the beginning of turn 21 if she was never going to get an answer).

I suppose I can put this here since I can't think of any other place, its pretty long.

I was having an discussion with one of my gf's a few days ago regarding GinoxKallen(trying to reason with her, she keep saying its going to happen without question).Bear with me for a bit since I'll try to analyze what most of us should know about their relationship. All of there scenes throughout R2 were only about really fighting and reasons for fighting. Like turn 17 conversation between the two.Gino told her she could have had a better life if she chose her other name which we know she isn't like that but Gino seems to be that's why he asked(and since he's a nice guy) her that.

Afterward he realized that her true side is the one she's on and that he would be against her since he is loyal as well. They saw one another on the battlefield and Gino told her she should enjoy fighting. Gino likes to fight and Kallen doesn't fight simply to enjoy it but rather she has personal reasons for doing it, that more than likely why she looked shocked about it. Then turn 23 goes on this further. Kallen wanted to know if Gino would really fight against the side he has always been on and that he is loyal as well, then Gino told her he understood her feelings(aka she fights for waht she believes in and not to enjoy fighting or because of one's status which Gino seemed to be. That's why he told Suzaku during turn 24 that he is fighting to protect what's in his heart and that's the first time he is doing so. Then finally turn 25. After the Suzaku and Kallen fight, Gino didn't say anything regarding her safety but that she won the fight.

So to me their interactions were nothing about romance on either part but on one's reason for fighting or just being comrades. I know its nice to talk/debate about the future on characters since anything can happen to any character(just write fanfriction). Given what all the post season material for Kallen is more or less about Lelouch. Safe to say she isn't going to move on from Lelouch for a long time(she might move on or not) and leave it at that.

Since Gino doesn't know the truth about Lelouch as well and I doubt Kallen would tell anyone about it. Don't really think Gino x Kallen has a chance of happening(its a very, very small possbility), given Kallen's character throughtout the series and Gino's personalty. But there is nothing wrong with liking the pairing because of the way they look. Though Gino's character would probably look good with any female honestly.
Old 2008-11-26, 21:51   Link #10843
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
From a few pages back,

Yes it's been confirmed in Continue No. 42. They slapped it in our faces with this title in capital letters, "LELOUCH IS D.T. (D.T.=doutei=virgin)" and a whole page talking about Lelouch's inexperience with girls.

It made 3 points:
1. Lelouch says this line to Kallen, "Comfort me. As a woman, you can do it, can't you?" in a formulaic tone, as if he picked it up from somewhere. If he has experience with women (TV drama??), he would have made a move without having to say anything.
2. He had to consult Shirley about love and relationships. (Turn 11)
3. He took the dates Sayoko set for him very seriously, but this rather points his awkwardness/inexperience. Most likely, he never had a chance to have a date since he was busy with the rebellion.

So unfortunately, no hidden smut scene with any of the girls.

I still find it hilarious that they had to go and confirm it..

funny.. because this is soo true...

sigh....Lulu was so innocent..well he knew that things after a kiss were wrong LOL
(After Shirley's line)

oh yeah.. thank you for a source!
Old 2008-11-26, 21:54   Link #10844
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Now I feel really bad for Lelouch. Suzaku at least got laid at some point. Lelouch just got a few kisses.
Old 2008-11-26, 22:19   Link #10845
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Now I feel really bad for Lelouch. Suzaku at least got laid at some point. Lelouch just got a few kisses.
Sure thing. I mean the guy is like the epitome of "man close enough, but not goal" while everyone else is scoring somewhere. :/
Old 2008-11-26, 22:21   Link #10846
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I was having an discussion with one of my gf's a few days ago regarding GinoxKallen(trying to reason with her, she keep saying its going to happen without question).Bear with me for a bit since I'll try to analyze what most of us should know about their relationship. All of there scenes throughout R2 were only about really fighting and reasons for fighting. Like turn 17 conversation between the two.Gino told her she could have had a better life if she chose her other name which we know she isn't like that but Gino seems to be that's why he asked(and since he's a nice guy) her that.

Afterward he realized that her true side is the one she's on and that he would be against her since he is loyal as well. They saw one another on the battlefield and Gino told her she should enjoy fighting. Gino likes to fight and Kallen doesn't fight simply to enjoy it but rather she has personal reasons for doing it, that more than likely why she looked shocked about it. Then turn 23 goes on this further. Kallen wanted to know if Gino would really fight against the side he has always been on and that he is loyal as well, then Gino told her he understood her feelings(aka she fights for waht she believes in and not to enjoy fighting or because of one's status which Gino seemed to be. That's why he told Suzaku during turn 24 that he is fighting to protect what's in his heart and that's the first time he is doing so. Then finally turn 25. After the Suzaku and Kallen fight, Gino didn't say anything regarding her safety but that she won the fight.
Such a good analysis.

There is one last thing you could bring up, and this is the difference between Kallen and Gino even more in their character roots. Kallen attempted to understand the "why" about Lelouch, Suzaku, and everything that was going on, before fighting for what she believed in without thought. On the other hand, Gino simply fought for his own ideals. He did not care as to the "why", he never bothered asking. For him, Suzaku and Lelouch were simply an evil that he did not agree with and therefore opposed.

You could also make note that Kallen more or less shoots him down in Episode 24. He really didn't understand.
Old 2008-11-26, 22:32   Link #10847
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Just to catch this slowly backlogged question, Picture Drama 4 is an extension of Lelouch "pefect moment" line from Turn 7. It features a pre-R2 scene with Kallen getting ready for the Homemade Dress Ball (or something like that). The girls pick dates, and Kallen gets Lelouch. She objects but can't give a good reason. Siscon Lelouch does the same. Cue wardrobe malfunction for Kallen (as if you expected anything less).
Oh I see. The PD seems more like a tribute to his happiness as a school student and nothing really shipping worthy but I guess it's meant for people to see what they need to see although I cannot deny this is canon, it can however be interpreted differently other than his happiness took form in being forced to be Kallen's date. I don't know how this contradicts with the New Type story though since the story was about his ideal world while this is his happiest moment I guess. Also, it's hard to debate the new type story isn't canon since it is published by Newtype. Unless it says that it selects really good fanfics which would need the copyright permission of Sunrise employees and creators to publish, so... I think I know who won the shipping war but... People are free to see what they want to see...

Quote:
He wiped out her memories in season 1, so yeah, he had given up because he destroyed any chance of it personally. Season 2 rebuilt those bridges somewhat.
Way to downplay Shirlulu just like you downplay everything antiKallen. This is why fans hate Kalulu fanaticism.

Quote:
He had plenty of time to choose, and did. "Come back to Ashford with me," risking his entire army and plan to save Kallen, making sure she was rescued by blacking out Tokyo. Hell the only reason he even went back to Ashford was because Kallen's rescue necessitated it. In short, your assessment of his priorities is lacking.
That doesn't sound like choosing to me that sounds like trying to get all his friends back at Ashford together with out making it a crime to be there. The rest sounds like Kalulu pretention. But to each his own.
Old 2008-11-26, 22:47   Link #10848
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
\Way to downplay Shirlulu just like you downplay everything antiKallen. This is why fans hate Kalulu fanaticism.
it works the same in reverse, as you prove in the quote following the one I responded to.

Quote:
That doesn't sound like choosing to me that sounds like trying to get all his friends back at Ashford together with out making it a crime to be there. The rest sounds like Kalulu pretention. But to each his own.
So let me get this straight. The man risks his entire army to save Kallen, and do remember that his plan to defeat Britannia actually hinged on getting the Tianzi away from there, and you call it pretension? You're proving my response above.
Old 2008-11-26, 23:18   Link #10849
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

So let me get this straight. The man risks his entire army to save Kallen, and do remember that his plan to defeat Britannia actually hinged on getting the Tianzi away from there, and you call it pretension? You're proving my response above.

That does necessarily mean she loves her romantically but that she cares a lot about her. And that is she the most important of his "units." {but meh, who am i kidding? the romance factor is there of course as well.}
Old 2008-11-26, 23:34   Link #10850
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
it works the same in reverse, as you prove in the quote following the one I responded to.

LOL Classic

One thing you can't forget morbofist. He would have also put his entire plan under risk for Arthur, that girl he had to Geass to give back his hat, and all his other special friends. XD
Old 2008-11-26, 23:37   Link #10851
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
LOL Classic

One thing you can't forget morbofist. He would have also put his entire plan under risk for Arthur, that girl he had to Geass to give back his hat, and all his other special friends. XD
This is the most played card against the Kallen x Lelouch scenes. I swear to God.
Old 2008-11-27, 00:16   Link #10852
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
This is the most played card against the Kallen x Lelouch scenes. I swear to God.
Kallen sings:

Oh baby you got what I need
But you say I'm just a special friend
Cuz I can be your fantasy
but you say I'm just a special friend

[/offtopic] XD
Old 2008-11-27, 00:23   Link #10853
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Now, Kalulu fans, let's not get pretentious shall we? I know some of the anti-Kalulu posts recently have had arguments that have been less than stellar (that's the main reason I posted a few hours ago), but I've seen plenty of pro-Kalulu arguments that have made me want to facepalm in the past as well. I try to respond to these posts as well (largely because I don't like it when a few overly zealous Kalulu fans make the rest of us look retarted).

In general, I feel that all shippers should try to avoid the logic of Crow T. Robot when making the argument that women don't exist simply because he had never met one personally on the SOL. When Mike points out that Pearl is a woman, he responds with, "Okay, so one woman exists. Does that mean ALL women exist?" (Gotta love the wisdom of MST3K).
Old 2008-11-27, 00:54   Link #10854
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:

Oh I was thinking of another battle but touche now that I know what you mean...
Spoiler for ME VENTING:
Old 2008-11-27, 01:09   Link #10855
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Spoiler for ME VENTING:
You won't like this, but the book actually does mention Shirley. The gist of it, as I understand it, is that she understands Lelouch. No "mutual feelings" mention for her, I'm afraid.
Old 2008-11-27, 01:35   Link #10856
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
You won't like this, but the book actually does mention Shirley. The gist of it, as I understand it, is that she understands Lelouch. No "mutual feelings" mention for her, I'm afraid.
The absence of proof is not the proof of absence. Perhaps the NT booklet simply did not go into detail (Shirley was a minor character). Besides, need I remind you what we've all been discussing ever since it came out: whether this "mutual kiss" does in fact mean Lelouch returned her feelings. Also, as Levy said, it doesn't mean Lelouch couldn't have been romantically interested in two women.
Old 2008-11-27, 01:37   Link #10857
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
The absence of proof is not the proof of absence. Perhaps the NT booklet simply did not go into detail (Shirley was a minor character). Besides, need I remind you what we've all been discussing ever since it came out: whether this "mutual kiss" does in fact mean Lelouch returned her feelings. Also, as Levy said, it doesn't mean Lelouch couldn't have been romantically interested in two women.
He sure could be, I'll agree with that. It helps that Lelouch is ignorant about such matters, as the virgin post a bit back details.
Old 2008-11-27, 02:25   Link #10858
Levy
differently sober

Jesus Christ why do you all write so much while I sleep!? =.=
*Hugs Eli and RisingDragon and Nogi, that already did the job in my place. And Sky adn youngde too* XD
Sky, you know what? you are right. Shipping wars are wars after all.. I'm dismissed.. but also try to find ways to deal with things politely can be funny, at least it keeps your brain occupied while the argumenst are a bit stagnating! =P
Cathcing up later, if I can..

Thanks for the info Blotty^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Sure thing. I mean the guy is like the epitome of "man close enough, but not goal" while everyone else is scoring somewhere. :/
ROTFL! he really is, poor thing XD
and I don't know if it can be of any help that also Rivalz (and maybe Lloyd) sucks at football ^^;;

That was what I used to think when I was persuaded that all my beloved BK were gonna get screwed in the last episodes - oh well, at least they had some fun XD

Last edited by Levy; 2008-11-27 at 05:22. Reason: typos
Old 2008-11-27, 02:39   Link #10859
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
Such a good analysis.

There is one last thing you could bring up, and this is the difference between Kallen and Gino even more in their character roots. Kallen attempted to understand the "why" about Lelouch, Suzaku, and everything that was going on, before fighting for what she believed in without thought. On the other hand, Gino simply fought for his own ideals. He did not care as to the "why", he never bothered asking. For him, Suzaku and Lelouch were simply an evil that he did not agree with and therefore opposed.

You could also make note that Kallen more or less shoots him down in Episode 24. He really didn't understand.
Plus add on to that Gino probably thinks he helped save the world from evil Emperor Lelouch. Exactly what kallen wants to hear on a date.

Gino: Remember that Evil Bastard Emperor Lelouch? Wasn't it great when he got killed right before your eyes. You must have been amped! By the way do you want to remissness about the war?"
Old 2008-11-27, 05:15   Link #10860
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Oh I see. The PD seems more like a tribute to his happiness as a school student and nothing really shipping worthy but I guess it's meant for people to see what they need to see although I cannot deny this is canon, it can however be interpreted differently other than his happiness took form in being forced to be Kallen's date. I don't know how this contradicts with the New Type story though since the story was about his ideal world while this is his happiest moment I guess. Also, it's hard to debate the new type story isn't canon since it is published by Newtype. Unless it says that it selects really good fanfics which would need the copyright permission of Sunrise employees and creators to publish, so... I think I know who won the shipping war but... People are free to see what they want to see...
I made a mistake, sorry; Lelouch's perfect world isn't implied in PD 4 (Actually PD 4 is about his happiest memories, so it's more about the past) but in PD 5; Lelouch CC and Kallen are playing the travelling dancers to pass the gate of the forbidden city and during the PD, Lelouch is talking about his future perfect life, while CC is adding her part, and it doesn't fit to the NT story.
So yep, it contradict PD drama 5.

About Shirley (Thanks to Blotty) it seems the line about her said "She understood Lelouch's determination and thoughts"
Now I think it's pretty obvious that Shirley permitted to Lelouch to realize a lot of things about life, and I don't think only about her "Koi wa powaaa"
A sort of awakening to new feelings both for her and Kallen.

Closed Thread

Tags
romance