AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-29, 18:18   Link #21
Mauru

Please, please don't abandon this project....I beg you, people.
Mauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:51   Link #22
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

On the off chance that someone bothers to license this, I hope they can get a bundle deal and get the original 1979 Akage no An series too.

No idea if that's how these things work, but it'd be cool.
DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 14:28   Link #23
FireChick

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!! Aoi-Anime is officially subbing Konnichiwa Anne ~Before Green Gables~!!!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 18:44   Link #24
Shinkun
Fansubber

Quote:
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!! Aoi-Anime is officially subbing Konnichiwa Anne ~Before Green Gables~!!!
That's the plan. Hate to see good series dropped. Other projects will take priority for now, but it should pick up as some of the other series finish up.
Shinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 21:56   Link #25
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkun View Post
That's the plan. Hate to see good series dropped. Other projects will take priority for now, but it should pick up as some of the other series finish up.
Amen! I just saw the first two eps, and it looks great in every sense of the word. It's like Erin.

Thank you and your team for your efforts, I am beyond happy to hear it's official now!
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 20:39   Link #26
kurorin

So i had a dream that we have subs for eps 4 - onward
seriously wtf is with you subbers?
kurorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 18:24   Link #27
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
you see. there must be several fansubs working on the latest hit anime so that their fans can have the best quality and choose which one is the better...
Old 2009-07-28, 09:52   Link #28
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

A new fansub released episode 1. Good news, I wonder if they'll release more episodes, or if they'll even complete the series.
Old 2009-07-28, 17:18   Link #29
gsilver

Yay! Two groups working on this series now!

I love WMT series.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 12:47   Link #30
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Ray-out released the 4th episode minna!
Old 2009-08-19, 18:33   Link #31
FireChick

I wanna watch the 4th episode subbed, but I can't find it available for direct download! I posted a request for it on a forum, but they haven't fulfilled it!

Edit: managed to get it, resized it a bit, tried to watch it, but then the footage became INSANELY slow. How can that be?

Last edited by FireChick; 2009-08-20 at 07:23.
Old 2009-10-05, 19:50   Link #32
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

5,6 and 7 released. YAY!
Old 2010-04-23, 17:05   Link #33
tyciol
*Artist

This is wonderful that WMT is picking it up, I wonder if that means they plan to perhaps do the entire 'Anne of' books? I think after Green Gables is 'Avonlea'. I don't want to spoil what I read happens in that although it pretty much continues with the choices she makes at the end of Green Gables.

I think it's great that Ray=Out picked this up and that SD is helping with the smaller memory definition ones. It's up to episode 11 already.

I wonder if perhaps once it gets to episode 39, perhaps we should introduce people to BGG prior to AnA? Doshiyo!
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 06:07   Link #34
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

I doubt that after this series, any more Anna series will be animated again. If you ask me,
Anne of Avonlea would be a great adaptation instead of this new Konnichiwa Anne story, a but younger Anne fits better for the World Masterpiece Theater purposes, instead od an grown up Anne.

They chose to do Konnichiwa Anne because it was the 30th aniversary of Akage No Anne.
Perhaps in a future anniversary of Anne of Green Gables anime, we can see the sequel animated.
Directed by Isao Takahata, that would be a dream. And pretty impossible to come into form, I know.

BTW, Ray=Out released the 11th episode.
Old 2010-04-25, 06:20   Link #35
FireChick

YAY! The 11th episode is out!
Old 2010-08-12, 04:53   Link #36
tyciol
*Artist

So from what I can tell, ray=out hasn't announced they're dropping it yet so hopes for 12 still loom in the future.

Apparently they might pick up something like Heidi once they're done this, I think it makes sense to finish the projects they began first though. So many groups pick up so many things and end up dropping and giving hopes up, ray sticks to their guns and plans to complete, can't avoid respecting them for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr View Post
you see. there must be several fansubs working on the latest hit anime so that their fans can have the best quality and choose which one is the better...
10 different options for Haruhi which will get taken down from AnimeSuki within months when it gets licensed? Using your subbing skills to do the endless 8 which almost verbatim repeats itself? MAKES SENSE =P
Old 2010-08-12, 05:50   Link #37
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
10 different options for Haruhi which will get taken down from AnimeSuki within months when it gets licensed? Using your subbing skills to do the endless 8 which almost verbatim repeats itself? MAKES SENSE =P
Makes sense for them anyway, sadly.
Old 2010-08-13, 06:17   Link #38
FireChick

Quote:
Apparently they might pick up something like Heidi once they're done this, I think it makes sense to finish the projects they began first though. So many groups pick up so many things and end up dropping and giving hopes up, ray sticks to their guns and plans to complete, can't avoid respecting them for that.
Ray=out wants to do Heidi? Never heard that before. I asked them if they'd like to do Little Princess Sara and they said that they're very interested but need to finish other projects first. And they're also lacking translators for this project now and need help BAD.
Old 2011-01-03, 02:02   Link #39
tyciol
*Artist

I am so happy that groups like ray and also groups like live-evil took initiative on projects like this. It makes me wonder if there are members in each group who specialize in classics and what conjoined projects could hypothetically look like.

When I made this post they had done up to 9, since then looks like they have doubled that to 18. Nearly halfway there!

Last edited by tyciol; 2011-10-28 at 02:04.
Old 2012-05-16, 19:34   Link #40
tyciol
*Artist

2012 bump: seeing as how ray=out has been stuck at 18 forevers (this post occurs on the 1-year anniversary of episode 18's release) I thought it would be good to mention some other sources for people who want to watch the entire thing.

ARR apparently also picked up this series. Inactive released 2 batches for it:
*Jan 2011: 1-19: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=187856
*Feb 2011: 20-39: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=194060

Nyaa also has a "complete" 1-39 batch up by Anonymous in February 2012: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=292015 and unlike ARR's batches, it appears to have active seeders.

My guess is that this is the same ARR-only complete batch from Baka: http://bakabt.me/164837-konnichiwa-a...ables-arr.html

For people interested in watching ray=out's subs, you may have a problem due to a lack of seeding nowadays. 1-10 are hosted on Animesuki's rehosting of ScaryWater and 11-18 are hosted on MingLong. There is a "problem with tracker" error for 1-10 at http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1412.html so I'm not sure if the early ones even have seeders. 11-18 seem to average about two seeders, so I'm not sure how long it would take to get them.

One possible solution here is that I noticed BakaBT also has a mixed complete batch at http://bakabt.me/164826-konnichiwa-a...y-out-arr.html which uses ray=out's work for 1-18 and the trailer, and ARR's work for the remainder (19-39) of the series.

This batch is showing 14 seeders so it seems like it may be a more reliable way to get these episodes.

I've honestly still not yet started this series, only saw all of Akage no Anne. I'm hesitant to start a series sometimes unless it's been completely subbed, because I have a collection of folders filled with incomplete anime that leaves that whole "how does this end" type feeling.

The tracker is only showing individual torrents for ray=out's work, I think it would be good if the ARR batches were listed. I've had problems trying to rehost Baka .torrent files on Nyaa (I think because they're personalized for Up/Down tracking) so I don't know how to host a mixed torrent and imagine that could be in bad taste anyway.

It would really be good to make a ray=out 1-19 batch though, I think. I'll consider doing this once I get the files via Baka. Though I've never actually made a torrent file (much less a batch) so if anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate if you could PM me or something so I know how to do it.

I'll post the ARR stuff on torrent submissions if it's not there.