AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-08, 13:15   Link #21
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I never got the chance to read the manga, in spoilers can somebody compare the difference to what should of happened, between what happened in the anime?
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:18   Link #22
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
I never got the chance to read the manga, in spoilers can somebody compare the difference to what should of happened, between what happened in the anime?
Spoiler for what happened in the manga:
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:20   Link #23
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Spoiler for main change
:
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:23   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
It's penned by Ishida Sui, so go ahead and "laugh" at uneducated anime-only watchers.
I never once insulted or poked fun at anime-only viewers or even mentioned anything closely resembling that they were "uneducated" or anything of the like, please don't put words in my mouth.

If watching the anime is your thing then that's fine, it's your opinion so who am I to judge?
If you like it then cool, you had a good time watching an anime plot you enjoyed. That's awesome.

I am entitled to my own opinion as much as you guys and I was merely stating my dislike for what they are doing with the anime in the same way that some are saying they like this development. Don't try to turn this into some kind of "flame war" or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
This route was made by the original author himself. I don't see how it is fanfic
Could have been written by Raptor Jesus himself and brought down from the heavens on the backs of angels...I liked the manga's plot, when I was eager to watch the anime I felt that way because I could finally see the scenes I loved so much finally voiced and animated, which was then taken away from me by radically changing the story.

Yes, perhaps fanfic was not the most appropriate name for it, but the fact still remains that TO ME the manga plot will always remain the main one and anything else is just hypothetical "if" plots. If anyone else sees it differently then that is well within their right to do so.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:24   Link #25
Death Usagi
Banned

I really can't tell how the story will go now that this series went to a totally different route from the manga.

Maybe a few parts from the manga may be used depending on how the story flows, but if not then I am looking forward to how the story will be like

I wonder if Kaneki x Eto is possible this route unlike the manga
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:30   Link #26
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
This route was made by the original author himself. I don't see how it is fanfic
let's be honest, if this route A was important, the author would have done it in the manga. All this smacks me as One Piece Strong World, a film which in theory was made by the author, but in practice only had his name used.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:32   Link #27
Wandering Soul

A nice first episode. A few of my favorite scenes were cut but I am still looking forward to the rest of this adaptation. Kaneki joining up with them does leave all kinds of possibilities.
Old 2015-01-08, 13:34   Link #28
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
let's be honest, if this route A was important, the author would have done it in the manga. All this smacks me as One Piece Strong World, a film which in theory was made by the author, but in practice only had his name used.
This is different. This is apparently what the author was originally going to do for the manga before he changed his mind and it went the route it currently has, so yes this more or less his work.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:36   Link #29
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Don't try to turn this into some kind of "flame war" or whatever.
Oh, geez. If you don't want me to "put words into your mouth", don't do it yourself.

Quote:
I wonder if Kaneki x Eto is possible this route unlike the manga
...I wouldn't wish them to have children, that's for sure.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:38   Link #30
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
That's not really how it works...

It's a manga. After it goes down one path, there's no turning back.
If you just think of this like a VN like Fate, then it works perfectly fine. I personally think neither route is more important than the other since the original author really did write this and has stated so already.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:41   Link #31
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
...I wouldn't wish them to have children, that's for sure.
Eh~~~ Not that far lol
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:46   Link #32
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

After seeing this episode I realize why this route was scrapped and the author went with what he did in the manga. Aside from many things I disagree with from a writing perspective without my inner source-material elitist clouding my judgement I also had plenty of problems with the directing. I mean where did Kaneki pull that mask out from? His a**? They should have done it like in the manga and have Touka give him the mask. It's not like that would have changed the story or taken up any more time, but it would have made logical sense unlike what we got. Then again I had many problems like that even with the first season. Do you guys remember the sudden clothes-change? I had hope when I heard it'll be an original route written by Ishida himself, but I'm disappointed. I'll keep watching just to see how this develops.
Old 2015-01-08, 13:48   Link #33
ookamigirl

It's baaack!! and it has white hair now ^^
Touka got one hell of a beating from Ayato..
Those anti ghoul guys were in an interesting fight.
Touka got lucky Kaneki showed up to make things right.
Kaneki seems so calm now... calm and dangerous.
Great first episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:54   Link #34
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Interesting idea, but not so good execution. Character movements are really choppy, especially in the fight scenes. Pacing feels strange, and it keeps jumping all over the place. I feel like the anime is tailored towards those who've already read the manga and have a pretty good grasp of what is going on, then putting a spin on it to give it a different perspective. Given the popularity of the manga itself, I wouldn't doubt that the vast majority of anime watchers, especially in Japan, have already read it.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 14:18   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

They really should have made this the last episode instead of the first episode. As people have already said, the episode itself felt choppy. But since it started from the climax after a whole cour of break or so, the viewers are just left... in the middle of all of this chaos. Can't really get excited as much as trying to absorb the info... I guess?
To be honest, the only thing really interesting in the episode was the end. Because... unlike the rest of the episode, it was actually a beginning to something. The rest was just... a cour-late follow-up to the previous season's last episode.

Oh, and damn the OP sucks. Kaneki moves his head while someone whispers a song. Wha...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 14:48   Link #36
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Just to mention this, LG-Max was actually right in the technical terms--this "Ishida Sui's original draft" actually is Ishida's about a couple hundred of pages worth of name (i.e: the rough draft of a manga).

There was no indication that Ishida thought this is important or not, just that, according to the anime staffs and casts, he himself encouraged the anime staffs to animate this instead of adapting the manga's development. (Iirc this was mentioned in the October event and one of the radio episodes)

Who knows what will happen in the anime. Will it end in the same foundation as the manga, just with a different perspective and scenes? Or will it lead to something completely different in the core main plot? That's up to his mind at that point of time.

And I'll say this: having the draft adapted does not mean the original draft scene is 100% copied to the anime--it goes through anime staffs' judgement. All of us have no idea what is in the draft (other than a couple few shown in a PV), so it's best not to immediately think that everything shown or not shown in the anime is the original draft's. Remember that the anime had adapted some of the scenes differently from the manga since s1.

The anime's different story is the draft's though, for sure.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 14:51   Link #37
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Im gonna be honest, I really liked this, this is the 'what if...' in that breaking point of the manga, and having the chance to see what would have happened really intrigues me.
The song previous to the ending was Extremely good and fitted well with the scene of Touka, wich was kinda sad tbh
One thing that annoyed me was that kanenki didnt do what he did in the manga to Ayato
One good scene was the one of kaneki and Eto, wich even with no dialogues, was intense and in some way may have infkuenced him to do what he did later
All in all, pretty good, and im happy that this didnt follow the manga, mainly because that would have sucked given how was season 1, and second, because the manga itself has its own magic that the adapation cannot get well

Add: B**ch, pierrot is on!! (Now this is going to be interesting)
Old 2015-01-08, 15:01   Link #38
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Kaneki walking like a boss at the end there, finally fully accepted that he a "monster" now. Also that a surprising good English there, anyone know who the singer for that song toward the end? Hopefully Rize x Kaneki is a possibility now.
Old 2015-01-08, 15:21   Link #39
DorkingtonPugsly

listen to the full version of the ed for 48 hours here: http://www.amazarashi.com/kisetsu/

great song
Old 2015-01-08, 15:32   Link #40
VTHokiePride

I completely forgot that Aogiri and the Doves were in a pitched battle at the end of the last episode. Do the members of Aogiri see him as a king or something now that he killed Ayato?