AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-02-01, 05:12   Link #1601
theshade1

The auction seems like it's shaping up to be the first big arc. It's got nearly everyone involved, except anteiku, which makes sense. Also I believe Kaneki won't regain his memories for a looong time, judging from past chapters. But I've been hella surprised by this manga before, so who knows?
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 22:19   Link #1602
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post
The auction seems like it's shaping up to be the first big arc. It's got nearly everyone involved, except anteiku, which makes sense. Also I believe Kaneki won't regain his memories for a looong time, judging from past chapters. But I've been hella surprised by this manga before, so who knows?
I disagree, the problem with amnesia arcs, particularly when you already know the character's past, is that they lead to no real development for that character or that character's relationships with other characters.

Once Kaneki gets his memories back a lot of the development will be undone as Sasaki ceases to exist, he will probably still care about his students but much of the development he has gone through will be erased as his memories return.

I should probably add that the author is already showing that Kaneki is on his way to getting his memories back, if he wasn't then he wouldn't have Kaneki reencountering his old friends again, and amnesia arcs in general don't last long, the gimmick wears out fast.

The majority of the fanbase are screaming for Kaneki to get his memories back soon.

Edit: Also I have never seen a amnesia arc last very long, they aren't particularly popular. And, for the record, I have read many stories with amnesia arcs.

Edit 2: Also to add, one of the things I have noticed about amnesia arcs is that at the end of them the hero's development and relationships with other characters always goes back to the way it was before they lost their memories except for with new characters, so this amnesia arc won't last terribly long.

Edit 3: Oh and about Anteiku not being at the auction, I suspect that they will be involved in the auction somehow as everyone seems to be going.

After all we still don't know what happened to everyone from Anteiku, the author still has a lot of characters to bring back.

Last edited by saw2097; 2015-02-02 at 00:59.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 10:31   Link #1603
khoa258789

I'm not sure about the majority but personally i enjoy seeing Sasaki losing his memory than regain it too quickly. It's like a good way for him to see the world in a whole new different point of view and his actions would be much different compared to when he was a ghoul.
I'm not sure Sasaki would cease to exist though, it's just like having two persons instead of just one in him, you cannot deny two years of memory just by gainning your old memory back.
Old 2015-02-02, 10:50   Link #1604
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I agree with saw2097. But rather than a gimmick arc, the amnesia is simply necessary for the continuation of the series. Kaneki at the end of Tokyo ghoul was too strong relative to his peers and too mentally unstable to simply resolve after an arc. If Ishida is to continue drawing Tokyo Ghoul (or in this case, continue with :re), he needs to have a soft reset of Kaneki to develop the world enough to catch up with him. Now that everyone else have powered up, and Kaneki is no longer bat-shit insane, he can give Kaneki back his memories and adapt to the new world around him.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 11:51   Link #1605
khoa258789

I doubt two years would have made other characters become powered up except for the young ones such as Ayato and juuzou. The rest of the crews look the same to me, i think it is more about changing Kaneki's point of view to fight against his insane mental state
Old 2015-02-02, 11:55   Link #1606
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa258789 View Post
I doubt two years would have made other characters become powered up except for the young ones such as Ayato and juuzou. The rest of the crews look the same to me, i think it is more about changing Kaneki's point of view to fight against his insane mental state
Nishio is now an S class ghoul.

THAT Nishio.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 14:03   Link #1607
saw2097

Quote:
I'm not sure about the majority but personally i enjoy seeing Sasaki losing his memory than regain it too quickly. It's like a good way for him to see the world in a whole new different point of view and his actions would be much different compared to when he was a ghoul.
I'm not sure Sasaki would cease to exist though, it's just like having two persons instead of just one in him, you cannot deny two years of memory just by gainning your old memory back.
Two years doesn't compare to 19 years worth of memories, Sasaki is just a false name being used and exists with only 2 years worth of knowledge and memories.

Kaneki may be affected by those memories but he will revert to his true personality in the end.
Old 2015-02-02, 14:28   Link #1608
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post

THAT Nishio.
S~, this is different.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 20:02   Link #1609
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post

THAT Nishio.
....Hyperbolic Ghoul Chamber?

Anyway, the last thing we need is another personality change from Kaneki. Though I'm going to assume later on Sasaki and Kaneki's personalities are going to merge, or something like that at least.
TonyC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 20:09   Link #1610
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
....Hyperbolic Ghoul Chamber?

Anyway, the last thing we need is another personality change from Kaneki. Though I'm going to assume later on Sasaki and Kaneki's personalities are going to merge, or something like that at least.
Well I wouldn't call it a change, more like he just goes back to being Kaneki, with bits of Sasaki in there.
Old 2015-02-02, 20:20   Link #1611
LG-MAX 2.o

chapter out

good chapter, we have confirmation that torso fucked victims, it was good to see Sasaki showing that it is quite skilled at fighting and seriously training the Qs, Urie as is always an ignorant, he does not know that Sasaki problems are mental, is good return to see ghouls hunting, and Hinami matured enough, and Ayato is no longer an annoying brat.
Old 2015-02-02, 20:41   Link #1612
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
chapter out

good chapter, we have confirmation that torso fucked victims, it was good to see Sasaki showing that it is quite skilled at fighting and seriously training the Qs, Urie as is always an ignorant, he does not know that Sasaki problems are mental, is good return to see ghouls hunting, and Hinami matured enough, and Ayato is no longer an annoying brat.
yeah, i think that Urie is underestimating the danger of ghoulification and overestimating Qs power too much, we all know Kaneki as a ghoul is strong mostly thanks to his fighting style and knowledge. There is also problem with Arima, we are talking about a guy who screw 2 hole in Kaneki head before take him in, i think that Arima just take Urie's words for what it is rather than acknowledged him
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 20:52   Link #1613
LG-MAX 2.o

we also have to add that Kaneki / Sasaki is constantly copying the style of other strong characters and adding to the own style, as shown most recently in Chapter 7, when he imitates Arima to hurt Serpent, is not something that can be achieved only by release a frame. About Arima, that his decision is curious, Sasaki talked to him about Urie's personality.
Old 2015-02-02, 21:00   Link #1614
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Nice chapter, seems like everything is ready for the auction now
I still dont now if Fluffy is Sasaki or Amon, I have the feeling that it could be both
Old 2015-02-03, 01:33   Link #1615
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Nice chapter, seems like everything is ready for the auction now
I still dont now if Fluffy is Sasaki or Amon, I have the feeling that it could be both
Well, almost all text we see, when Hinami is listening usb audio is about ghoul who is investigator. My bet it's about Sasaki
Old 2015-02-03, 04:02   Link #1616
khoa258789

Ayato mentioned something about he thinks that Aogiri already finished Floppy before so i think it's gonna be Amon as a ghoul but with a lot of change( possible another case of amnesia)
Saiko is still unomtivated as ever and Urie is the same but more arrogant after Arima's approvement. I don't see a future for the quinkies squad if all of this dooesn't change. I wonder what role will the quinkies squad play in the future if Sasaki indeed regain his memory?
Old 2015-02-03, 05:22   Link #1617
Ashe Nei

Quote:
Ayato mentioned something about he thinks that Aogiri already finished Floppy before so i think it's gonna be Amon as a ghoul but with a lot of change( possible another case of amnesia)
My take on this is that Ayato is referring to what they did to Kaneki and how he ended with two holes for eyes by Arima. Minami listening to a conversation about a ghoul working with the doves at that time is a possible hint. Other is that throught these last chapters everything revolved around Sasaki/Kaneki and his identity and status in the CCG. Nothing hinting at Amon (i wish tho).

Quote:
Saiko is still unomtivated as ever and Urie is the same but more arrogant after Arima's approvement. I don't see a future for the quinkies squad if all of this dooesn't change. I wonder what role will the quinkies squad play in the future if Sasaki indeed regain his memory?
One thing i'm almost sure is that everyone will suffer a lot because Sasaki/Kaneki trouble magnet and "acquaintances".
Ashe Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 06:15   Link #1618
khoa258789

well, but Aogiri didn't exactly do anything directly to harm Kaneki right? meanwhile, Amon in his last scene was trying to take down Tatara though we don't know its result. so i just think that it's more likely to be refering to Amon more than Kaneki and the author use Floppy because he doesn't want to spoil Amon's appearance
Just my guess though

every main character is trouble magnet so it can't be helped, i just don't want them to end up death as deathflag can be seen everywhere. They may a bunch of incompetent but i like the quinkies squad quite a lot, even Urie

Last edited by khoa258789; 2015-02-03 at 09:18.
khoa258789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 07:32   Link #1619
Ashe Nei

Well, they (Aogiri Tree) are directly and indirectly responsible for turning Kaneki (Kanou's) in a one-eyed-ghoul finishing Kaneki's normal life and later turning him in a psycopath thanks to Yamori and almost killing his own persona.
Ashe Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 07:43   Link #1620
khoa258789

Dr Kanou is responsible for turning Kaneki into a ghoul who back then wasn't a member of Aogiri tree. Yamori changed Kaneki's life but i doubt that is considered as finish him, and in the Anteiku raid Aogiri tree had no impact to Kaneki whatsoever as it was Yoshimura's conflict with his old boss
Amon seems to me is more directly destroyed by the tree more as he was defeated by Tatara and Nora, posibly turn into a ghoul by dr Kanou who is a member of the tree now and now is roaming free to get away from the both the tree and CCG as he is no longer a human

Last edited by khoa258789; 2015-02-03 at 09:19.
khoa258789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy