AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-17, 09:18   Link #61
eisai_haramasukoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Three pages in and you guys are already giving up on the thread? See this is why the forums are losing activity; instead of fighting back the negativity with legitimate discussion, it's better to leave the thread for dead.
Because it's really tiring, at some point. Sometimes fighting back negativity can cause a bigger shitstorm. Just look at the early Shield Hero thread, for example.

Anyways, I understand the complaints about the animation and whatnot, but is there a point to repeat it every single episode? we already know what to expect when we found out which studio will handle OPM 2.

Now, onto the episode. I feel like the exposition of Fubuki's (she's best girl, BTW) character background was rushed but it dropped enough info for me. Now it's time for the real business: Garo.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 09:24   Link #62
Hamster

Garou's muscles look like DBZ muscles. I just want to point that out.

Whether that's good or bad is up to you.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 10:38   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Three pages in and you guys are already giving up on the thread? See this is why the forums are losing activity; instead of fighting back the negativity with legitimate discussion, it's better to leave the thread for dead.

I'll do my full episode review tomorrow, as soon as I get the time to do it on my PC. But allow me to say that Season 2 has captured the essence of OPM better than Season 1 which seems to have less of the comedic aspects.
This. If you want to talk about the story, you can of course do so. Just because we complain about the animation doesn't mean we don't enjoy the story.

I personally haven't talked about it because I've already read the manga, but I'm still interested in what anime only viewers think and may chime in if some interesting comments pop up.
Old 2019-04-17, 12:49   Link #64
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well as usual, "bad animation" doesn't usually register with me anyway. My brain tends to fill in the blanks, so to speak.

So I will enjoy this season, definitely.

I was like "So her name is Blizzard and she has strong telekinesis... Is she trying to be Tornado?".

And as it turns out, the little runt is her elder sister.

She says she's not the no.1 in anything but clearly she has Tornado beat in the height department? Also the chest department? Also the class department?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 16:24   Link #65
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
And as it turns out, the little runt is her elder sister.
I could've sworn Fubuki was introduced as Tatsumaki's imouto in s1.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 16:39   Link #66
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm going to be brutally honest here: that was very underwhelming. I don't think it's all that easy to dissociate animation from story as some people are making it out to be. In my opinion, most of the story in this episode was either fighting or reliant on the fighting to have an impact. If the animation can't sell those fights, then the story gets dragged down like it did here: Garo's introduction was underwhelming. Genos and Sonic showing off their development was underwhelming. Fubuki's baptism was underwhelming. Everything was underwhelming.

Also its not just the animation. Soundtrack sucked as well.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 18:44   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I could've sworn Fubuki was introduced as Tatsumaki's imouto in s1.
It was in an OVA, not in the actual show.
Old 2019-04-17, 19:23   Link #68
wissenschaft

I thought the episode was a lot of fun. I liked it a lot.In fact, I'd say its one of my favorites episodes of the whole show, including season 1.

The animation change doesn't bug me at all so I couldn't care less. This thread is dead because why waste your time here where everyone that post is just complaining about the animation. Instead I can post on the reddit where I can actually talk about what happened in the episode. And a lot happened.

We have the introduction of Garo. I love how the main villain (I assume he'll be this arcs main villain) shows up at an emergency hero recruitment and slaughters everyone. lol We have Genos vs Sonic which was a very fun fight and Saitama showing of another "serious" move that shows off ridiculous power. lol Poor Fukubi, she picked the wrong person to fight. Good think saitama went easy on her.

Speaking of which, I love how troll Saitama was this episode. Is whole chat with Fukubi was hilarious. He really knows how to get under people's skin.
Old 2019-04-17, 20:10   Link #69
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ok, full review time.

I gotta say, for a show that was supposed to be a parody of superhero works, I appreciate the effort to show continuity post-Boros. So Shibabawa's prophecy still holds because of Saitama dealing with Boros, and this forced the Hero Association to "ask help" from superhuman villains from all 26 cities to bolster manpower. It's funny considering that even the Elite S-Class heroes (and Amai Mask) are already at odds with each other and now they are causing more chaos by adding people that HATE heroes. Meanwhile, we discover that Saitama has slowly been gaining attention from key figures: Fubuki, leader of a "gang" of sorts; Scream-and-Shout Panic, er, Speed-o'-Sound Sonic who still wants to avenge the destruction of his family jewels; and King, who was actually someone from Saitama's early days as a ronin hero.

That blooming friendship between King and Saitama is something that, I hope, would develop in the future... and I also would like to see King become as strong as his S-class would imply.

Now this Garou guy would be interesting since he has links with Silver Fang, and thus with Saitama and Genos whom he looks over with interest. Let's see how this guy fares with Caped Baldy's fist.

Moving on, I don't think I need to heavily expound on my statement that "Season 2 has captured the essence of OPM better than Season 1". S1 seemed to have focused on the action provided by Murata, while S2 brought that down a notch in favor of bringing back ONE's own brand of humor. I won't consider J.C. as a contender for sakuga animation, but I believe that comedy is part of the studio's strong suits. For this reason, both seasons remain tied, and I'm a bit optimistic that it would stay that way throughout the series.

Quote:
Everything was underwhelming.
Time to lower expectations, then? It won't improve anytime soon.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 21:06   Link #70
Daft

I don't understand how anyone could expect S2 of this show to be the same animation quality as the first. The first season was an anomaly to begin with. Most anime projects don't get so many famous top-tier animators wanting to be part of the project because they love the source material and the director. Madhouse didn't pick the anime back up even though they are credited for S1 and part of that could be the fact that they're in trouble with all their employees for not paying them overtime for all the extra hours they work. Plus, the director of S1 is directing other projects. Anyways, the point is that S2 was never going to animate as good as S1 even if Madhouse kept it. I think the problem is that S2 is now a "normal" anime after S1. The fact that it's a near 1 to 1 translation from the redrawn manga probably doesn't help. Cutting to frame by frame doesn't always translate well to anime with no original segues in between.

That being said I've enjoyed the first two episodes so far, but then again I also enjoyed the original story without Murata's drawings. I also like the mirror coat metallic effect they added onto some of the art. I assume they're trying to mimic how Murata uses that a lot in his colored illustrations. God knows everyone lost their minds when he released that gif of Metal Knight flying around with all that shine and reflection. Also, I love King. Damn must it suck to be in that situation. So much "good" luck but he's in so deep now that he's terrified to dispel the lie everyone cheers for. Good to see Saitama with hair when he could still be injured as well. Always nice to get a reminder that he was once a hardworking mortal before he became invincible and bored.
Old 2019-04-17, 22:05   Link #71
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was in an OVA, not in the actual show.
Ahh I see thanks for clearing that up!
Old 2019-04-18, 02:35   Link #72
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
She says she's not the no.1 in anything but clearly she has Tornado beat in the height department? Also the chest department? Also the class department?
I imagine she doesn't think that important.

Although...
Spoiler for image:
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 08:55   Link #73
grecefar

Fubuki will win in something against her sister, you'll see, I keep my theory that mob is the son of saitama and fubuki, it's crazy but is fun to imagine.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 10:52   Link #74
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That's a very interesting theory (or fanfic?).

Well, this episode was okayish.
I'm not trying to ask for more given miracle that made S1 be unique wouldn't have happened again even if the previous studio was the same to be honest.
Old 2019-04-18, 16:25   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Fubuki will win in something against her sister, you'll see, I keep my theory that mob is the son of saitama and fubuki, it's crazy but is fun to imagine.
She could already win something like a wet T-shirt contest.

She has her sister utterly beat in terms of looks. Of course, your mileage may vary. I know some prefer Tatsumaki's body.

I think both sisters have their own complexes. I seem to recall Tatsumaki getting pissed off after being called a midget. Tatsumaki just doesn't let it bother her as much.
Old 2019-04-23, 14:24   Link #76
videoman190

one chop man
Images
Don't interfere with my shopping
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-23, 15:16   Link #77
James Rye

This was good. I liked all the new A heroes we got shown and Garo beating the hell outta Tanktop master, Mumen Rider and the Tanktop gang. Poor Mumen, defended Garo just to end up in the hospital. And boy is the hero association corrupt, pretty sure it is not necessary expenses to spend money on girls and gifts for them. Best part was Garo totally freaking out when Saitama was unfaced by his attack and got done in with a single hit. XD

And we are already in the Tournament arc? Somehow I expected that to take a bit longer. Not that I mind, there are lots of fun and interesting fighters there to behold.
Old 2019-04-23, 16:17   Link #78
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Saitama's so off the charts that he can't even imagine why other heroes are having a hard time with Garo, he just karate chopped him into unconsciousness like it was nothing lol
Old 2019-04-23, 18:13   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Garou will definitely be the star of the season, just like he was/is in the manga. His fight with Tanktop Master was really good. The way he took down the two A rank heroes near the end was great too.

Poor Saitama, he thinks he may have found somebody who could give him a decent fight but he's already unknowingly effortlessly beaten him

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
And we are already in the Tournament arc? Somehow I expected that to take a bit longer. Not that I mind, there are lots of fun and interesting fighters there to behold.
The faster pace of the anime is one of its strength compared the manga. Murata details the action a lot, which while absolutely stunning to look at, makes the story progress slowly. I didn't like the tournament in the manga, but I may enjoy it here.
Old 2019-04-23, 19:59   Link #80
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This might not have the appeal of season 1 but it sure shows the style of ONE. Almost everything the MC does breaks typical cliches from other stories. Both Mob and Saitama seem to dislike their own ridiculously big strength and face inner dilemmas.

Tags
action, super hero