AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 30.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 30.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-03-01, 10:36   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index LN, New Testament Volume 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past volume 22) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 22
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: March 9, 2018
Pages: 536
ISBN 978-4-04-912385-2

TL;DR…
synopsis
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
cover image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2019-07-01 at 09:27.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 12:03   Link #2
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Spoiler for preview:
Old 2019-03-01, 16:08   Link #3
Doe, John

I personally suspect that:

Spoiler:
Doe, John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 16:32   Link #4
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Spoiler for preview:
Spoiler for spoiler:
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 17:09   Link #5
devil_slayer

Touma died!

Again...

Getting tired of all those Touma deaths, and the fact that Othinus was with him should mean she was obliterated as well. Now we wait for what BS they will pull to bring Touma back.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 18:15   Link #6
Wandering Soul

I'm more surprised that Kamachi pretty much debunked those Nuit and Hadit theory with just one line in the beginning of the volume.
Old 2019-03-01, 18:41   Link #7
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Now we wait for what BS they will pull to bring Touma back.

Speculation: 7 magical orbs, each inscribed with their own unique symbols that need to be gathered from various places around the world, which will result in a DRAGON summoning, 1-upping Coronzon and resulting in the manifestation of 3 physical bodies.
Old 2019-03-01, 20:00   Link #8
rladls2121

Shiage, i wonder if Acqua of the Back will meet him again?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-02, 00:24   Link #9
Chosen_Hero

So basically Kamachi had to remove Touma for the time being so Accelerator and Hamazura had some of the spotlight for a bit, like he has done a few times by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
Speculation: 7 magical orbs, each inscribed with their own unique symbols that need to be gathered from various places around the world, which will result in a DRAGON summoning, 1-upping Coronzon and resulting in the manifestation of 3 physical bodies.
Or maybe a golden lamp with a genie inside of it, or Kamachi could just get Fairy Tails' mangaka to write the volume.
Old 2019-03-02, 01:10   Link #10
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

That's definitely a way to start the book off. I went from having no idea where this was going to go to having even less of an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm more surprised that Kamachi pretty much debunked those Nuit and Hadit theory with just one line in the beginning of the volume.
Tougal and Lolonzon will fuse. Qliphah agrees with me. Fake News.
Old 2019-03-02, 01:16   Link #11
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Yeah, that's some start, I'd say!

Guess I'm not quite as jaded with Index since that was a genuine shock to me.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-02, 07:12   Link #12
KiharaRonin

I've been a fan for awhile now and this was a genuine shock to me. Kamachi has had characters fake death before, but this was quite shocking indeed.

To be honest, I don't mind if Touma comes back (Hell, I'd want him to, I've come to more than love his character at some point), because not only will a "coming back to life" story be unique for Index, but it'll hopefully have a great impact on him as a character and I wanna see how that goes down. So while I don't like the meaning of death being abused, but if the way he returns is interesting, I'll still enjoy it.

Can't wait to see how our heroes beat Coronzon and what exactly will happen to her by the end, besides Hama forcing her to fix his harem.
Old 2019-03-02, 19:32   Link #13
Callum18
Fukou da

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
I've been a fan for awhile now and this was a genuine shock to me. Kamachi has had characters fake death before, but this was quite shocking indeed.

To be honest, I don't mind if Touma comes back (Hell, I'd want him to, I've come to more than love his character at some point), because not only will a "coming back to life" story be unique for Index, but it'll hopefully have a great impact on him as a character and I wanna see how that goes down. So while I don't like the meaning of death being abused, but if the way he returns is interesting, I'll still enjoy it.

Can't wait to see how our heroes beat Coronzon and what exactly will happen to her by the end, besides Hama forcing her to fix his harem.
I'm kind of hoping NT does not have the bad end with Coronzon winning. After the long and crazy ride NT has been. Ending NT on a lost would be upsetting to see.

Wonder if Touma really is Shugal or Hadit with him getting sent to the Abyss? Won't shock me if Touma rises from the Abyss on Christmas Day.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-02, 19:37   Link #14
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
I may have a faulty memory here, but did he not 'die' (repeatedly) when Othinus was messing with him? I know he suffered greatly, horribly, at least 10,031 times (which, is how many Misaka clones died isn't it?). I mean, he says " I’ve been analyzing you all this time. While you killed me again and again" so I can only assume he actually dies.

I wonder if we're going to be stuck with a mini Coronzon as a counter-part to Othinus, sitting on Touma's shoulder.
Old 2019-03-02, 21:58   Link #15
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Pretty sure this is the first time Touma died completely and was removed from existence along with IB in this series. Like, when Touma dies, IB is supposed to switch its partner to someone else. So this is new. Very new. I'm curious to see where he's going with this lol.

Obviously, it's temporary, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. This was really awesome and I can't wait for the rest of it.

My real question is the following: Is this the last volume of NT? The summary sorta made it sound like it was. Is this the end of the series? The end of NT? It would make sense for it to be the end of NT since it IS volume 22. But, obviously, I would hope for more afterward.

The best part of this though isn't about him dying--it's the fact that Misaka and Misaki were there to see it. That's new. Best girl will be decided based on their reactions.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-02, 22:40   Link #16
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
The best part of this though isn't about him dying--it's the fact that Misaka and Misaki were there to see it. That's new. Best girl will be decided based on their reactions.
Yeah, that was my first thought. That's gonna get ugly
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 01:54   Link #17
Router25
World Connector. I think

They're benching Touma to let Accelerator and Hamazura do the work.
In a sense, Touma's been "sent to a different dimension".
Old 2019-03-03, 04:02   Link #18
Chosen_Hero

This is about as close to a vacation that Touma is ever going to get.
Old 2019-03-03, 08:36   Link #19
Marina2

Heh...

Old 2019-03-03, 09:11   Link #20
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

If It was an arm it would have a different shape.