AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 19:55   Link #101
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes, but will the Desu~ meme return?
Old 2013-04-21, 20:24   Link #102
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For me, it never died XD
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 23:31   Link #103
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I'm glad to see that the old cast is returning.
Ryota Ohsaka as college Jun. . . I can see that.
Chiba Chiemi as Kirakishou; I don't really know, there are not very many roles from her that come to my mind, aside from Black Cat and To Love Ru; and of her roles and web samples, none seem to be very Kirakishou-ish to me.
But don't get me wrong, I'm sure that she can play the part well, and I look forward to hearing her in it. ^_^

On a side note, I managed to find a slightly larger version of the character designs picture through Google reverse image search:

Old 2013-04-26, 03:24   Link #104
Allium
Keep on keeping on

New PV.

The new Ali Project theme reminds me of Kyomu Densen, Another's OP...
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 06:20   Link #105
Horse

Not sold on the visuals but I'm still excited. Shinku looks surefine.

I'm actually super confused since it looks more like a reboot PV than the new manga but with two Jun voices announced it will surely get there...
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 06:52   Link #106
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Maybe it's both. Maybe they decided to start from the old story and then progress to the new one.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 07:13   Link #107
Horse

I honestly hope it's not an all out reboot since I'm one of the few people who thought both TV series were better thought-out than the manga. Unless of course it's just an episode or two of pushing the existing TV material toward the new series.

Then again if it was supposed to be a full remake I don't think they would go for ALI PROJECT and Shinkichi Mitsumune again.

Last edited by Horse; 2013-04-26 at 07:39.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 07:48   Link #108
demino_hellsin
That one guy

All out reboot? I can live with that... I can relive all those desu moments with updated graphics @_@... then again VA's may or may not have the same magic. Fingers crossed XD
Old 2013-04-26, 08:55   Link #109
StainGlass

The art style looks much closer to the manga than the previous series. It may just be me being paranoid, but I hope DEEN won't get flimsy with it.
It's only the first glimpse I know, but I probably prefer the first art style, but maybe I'll be surprised

I'm wondering if its a full reboot now too, and I'm not sure what I think of that. I'm often too critical of reboots but it could be interesting to see it follow the manga more.
StainGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 13:09   Link #110
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

http://moca-news.net/article/20130426/201304261742a/01/
Oh my they are doing both.
There's older Jun with "The Jun who decided against winding" description and younger Jun with "The Jun who decided to wind" description.

Not entirely clear in which capacity we will get the first story though.
Maybe it's just a digest.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 13:14   Link #111
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Could it be flashbacks of what happened before, or the description of events to the "Jun that did not wind-up"?
Old 2013-04-26, 16:59   Link #112
QueenNori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Could it be flashbacks of what happened before, or the description of events to the "Jun that did not wind-up"?
That's what I thought too.
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 21:25   Link #113
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh anther reboot and its not that old ether if its only 12eps like that last ones its going to suck
Old 2013-04-26, 22:04   Link #114
demino_hellsin
That one guy

5 years is plenty old isn't it? At least I remember watching it even before then.
Old 2013-04-27, 00:51   Link #115
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

The Hina-Ichigo scenes make a reboot highly likely.
To be honest, I'm not really concerned either way, I'm just glad to see that it's not dead, and I think that what's more important is how they plan to move it forward; Träumend was fun, but they took too many liberties with the concept, which is probably a lot of the reason why a 3rd season didn't happen years ago.
The art style definitely seems to indicate that their intention is to follow the original manga as much as they can; how the animation preforms is another matter, so I guess that we'll just have and see how it goes.
On an additional note: if they reboot, it will probably have Odille Fosset in it; but if they go with Träumend's ending, then they will have to come up with a substitute or alternative for that particular situation.
Old 2013-04-27, 13:30   Link #116
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
but they calling it season 3 means it should be focused more on the story following Träumend in my opinion... although i have to agree with the PV hinting a lot to reboot :x

Still love how they make the art that way~
Old 2013-04-27, 13:34   Link #117
Witch of Uncertainty

According to some random people on youtube, it follows the "Second manga" in which Traumend is Canon.
I have no idea, though. :P
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 14:35   Link #118
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, I doubt it'll be a reboot, though they may recap some of what happened before. It's likely that the scenes shown are only from the first episode, if that (some may have been animated just for the PV).

(And incidentally, I assume the "another reboot" comment may be referring to Infinite Stratos, which is also not a reboot in the Hollywood sense. Just that the franchise itself is starting up again after having been dead due to issues.)
Old 2013-04-27, 14:45   Link #119
Siegel Clyne

Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i Radio Show Revival?

It seems that new Rozen Maiden TV anime series starts off at the point the Rozen Maiden manga began its serialization in WEEKLY YOUNG JUMP in 2008 - after all the earlier anime had been made.

Looking at the cast order, it appears that the grownup Sakurada Jun is the lead character.

I wonder if the highly entertaining Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i (Suigintou's It's Ennui Again, Tonight) radio show will be revived?

A lot of Suigintou's charming and funny personality not seen in the anime can be heard on the radio show, which has been released on four CDs (the last one, if I recall correctly, came as an extra special with either an Animedia or an Animage magazine issue).

Someone recently tweeted to Suigintou seiyuu Tanaka Rie about it, hoping for its revival.

About a year and a half ago, on November 16, 2011, gougou uploaded at Nico Nico Douga a very well made CG animation short of Suigintou doing a portion of her radio show:

水銀燈の今宵もアンニュ~イ【3DCG Special】

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It has gotten quite a few views for a Nico Nico Douga video - over 200,000 so far.

If you can't see it on Nico Nico Douga here, watch it on YouTube here:

Suigintou's It's Ennui Again, Tonight 3DCG Special

Spoiler:

By the way, Tanaka Rie is slated to appear at the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN booth at Niconico Chokaigi 2 on Sunday, April 28, 2013, 14:30 - 15:15 (2:30 PM - 3:15 PM, Japan Standard Time), doing the "Tanaka Rie Special Talk Show."

(That event should occur several a few hours from the initial date and time of this post.)

It appears that, among other things, Tanaka Rie is reprising her role as Female Miqo'te Voice Type 2 in the remake of the widely panned FINAL FANTASY XIV released in 2010.

(Miqo'te are cat people.)

It certainly sounds like Tanaka Rie doing the Type 2 voice for the female Miqo'te in this YouTube video:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Character Creation (Alpha)

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tanaka Rie game characters include: Miqo'te in FF14 and FFXIV: A REALM REBORN; Emina Hanaharu in FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0; Morrigan Aensland in CAPCOM VS MARVEL 3 and PROJECT X ZONE; Neptune/Purple Heart in the various Neptune/Neptunia games...

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-04-27 at 17:08.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:09   Link #120
StainGlass

I'm a tad confused if this isn't a reboot.

If they're continuing off from Träumend, why change the art-style so intentionally to resemble the manga? Wouldn't they want the transition to be as smooth as possible?

Since Bizarro Jun is in this, I'm guessing the story will be based off 'Tales'. It's been a long time since I've read both parts of the manga, but they were quite different from the anime series. I don't know how they're going to just flow into the new content...
I remember the characters themselves being rather different, especially Suigintou and Souseiseki, the character difference even shows in the model sheets, are they really going to jump from this to this and make us think of the same character presented in the former anime? On a side note...how I'll miss those lines under her eyes

I dunno, maybe it's just a new story including older Jun and sudden appearing Kira.
Sorry I'm just blabbering to myself. I think I'm actually hoping for the reboot then continuation after all. Then I could appreciate both series as different adaptions rather than nit-picking on the style change.
StainGlass is offline   Reply With Quote