AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-10-15, 14:36   Link #21
Frontier

Warner Bros. DC Movie slate has finally been revealed:

- Suicide Squad is planned for August 6, 2016, so after Superman V. Batman.

- Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman will get her own movie on June 23, 2017, followed by the first part of Zack Snyder's Justice League on November 23.

- In 2018, Flash will be getting his own movie on March 23, with Ezra Miller (Perks of Being a Wallflower) playing Barry Allen. It will be followed by an Aquaman movie on July 27, with Jason Momoa confirmed for the role.
'
- 2019 will see the Shazam movie released on April 5, 2019, followed by part two of Justice League on June 14 2019.

- And in 2020, Cyborg will get his own movie on April 3rd, followed by a Green Lantern reboot on June 19th.

Whoo boy... thoughts?
Old 2014-10-15, 14:43   Link #22
monster

2 different Flash? Why can't their TV and movie productions work together?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 15:25   Link #23
GDB

Flash and Shazam should do well, unless CW screws up in the series and people give up on Barry. Wonder Woman I'd say is 70% dependent on how well she's done in MoS2. Suicide Squad likely won't do too well. DC doesn't have a brand name built like Marvel did with Guardians, and it likely won't be able to pull off the comedy that Guardians did. Especially with DC allegedly saying they want a dark tone for their movies.

Cyborg, as of now, will flop. Green Lantern 100% depends on how they market it and what the story content is. If they were smart, they'd just give up on Hal and go with Jon, Guy, or Kyle to distance themselves as much as possible from the train wreck before.

Does this mean they shelved the Justice League movie and decided Marvel's path was better?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 16:25   Link #24
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not Guy. Please not Guy. Guy is a prick in all media.
Old 2014-10-15, 17:17   Link #25
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Flash and Shazam should do well, unless CW screws up in the series and people give up on Barry. Wonder Woman I'd say is 70% dependent on how well she's done in MoS2. Suicide Squad likely won't do too well. DC doesn't have a brand name built like Marvel did with Guardians, and it likely won't be able to pull off the comedy that Guardians did. Especially with DC allegedly saying they want a dark tone for their movies.

Cyborg, as of now, will flop. Green Lantern 100% depends on how they market it and what the story content is. If they were smart, they'd just give up on Hal and go with Jon, Guy, or Kyle to distance themselves as much as possible from the train wreck before.

Does this mean they shelved the Justice League movie and decided Marvel's path was better?
I think everyone is exaggerating about the Green Lantern Yes the movie have problems and was not perfect but why everyone is acting like it was the second coming of Batman and Robin there is no need reboot they just need to do a better job with the script for Green Lantern 2
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 00:05   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Suicide Squad would probably have a lot more black comedy than Guardians did, what with the premise being what it is .

Not sure how to feel about Ezra Miller as Barry. He looks like he'd be a better Wally, or just someone else other than Flash, not to knock his acting skills or anything. I expect I'll end up preferring Grant Gustin's take on the character though.

If Wonder Woman goes through, then DC will have at least beat Marvel in terms of a female-lead Superhero movie .

Quote:
I like Cyborg as a character, and points for diversity, but yeah seeing him getting a movie is weird. He's always struck me as being a better-fit in a team dynamic then solo. Unless his movie ends up being "Cyborg and the Metal Men" .

It's weird that we know whose playing all the League except Green Lantern. At least saying which Earth Lantern it's going to be would be some nice information. If they want to remove the new GL franchise as far away from the original live-action movie as possible, not that I think it was bad enough really warrant that, then using John would make sense. There were already complaints about not using him as the lead for the original, thought the League already has a token black member in Cyborg. Or Kyle, since it's been quite some time since he's had any exposure in anything but the comics. Or, just for the heck of it, Guy or Simon Baz. A Guy lead Green Lantern movie would be interesting to say the least .

Though it would be weird having a GL that's not Hal on a team with Barry as Flash .
Old 2014-10-16, 00:16   Link #27
Wandering Soul

It seems a bit weird to have two different Flashes on TV and movie but it depends on how they handle it. Both Flash and Shazam have some success as long but I really hope DC doesn't decide to go all grim dark on these two movies. It really doesn't fit Shazam that much and to a lesser extent Barry.

Suicide Squad can go either way but I don't see a big hit. In all the comics I have read I have always seen Cyborg on a team so I will take your guys word that he doesn't work well by himself

As for Green Lantern they might choose a different Lantern to distance themselves from that first movie which I can't blame them for wanting to make some distance from. They might pick John Stewart based on how he is already sorta well known from the cartoons and did have his own comic running for a short while.
Old 2014-10-16, 00:32   Link #28
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Suicide Squad could work if they can get a "Dirty Dozen" vibe out of it.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 00:37   Link #29
Frontier

Moving away from the movie news for a bit, last night's Flash was pretty fun .

I wasn't too sure about Iris during the pilot, but I think I'm warming up to her a little after this episode. She seems a lot more spunky and fun than she was in the pilot, and more like the Iris in the comics, at least to me. That might have to do with how it seems she's on her way to her traditional comic book job as a reporter, with the mysterious Red Streak serving as her reporting muse .

Still not much to say about Thawne, he really just seems there to be another detective and so Iris can have a love interest that's not Barry. Not to mention make Barry jealous, while being a decent guy whose all "buddy-buddy" with him. I wonder if we'll only start getting into his character once Reverse-Flash finally pops up?

Flash vs. Multiplex was pretty cool, major highlights being Flash dodging bullets while taking out clones, bursting through the army ganging up on him with his super-speed, the army of Multiplex, and Flash using his ability to slow-down time to find Black-prime .

I just love how while the public is beginning to call Flash The Red Streak, which brings back terrible Smallville memories, Wells just rolls into Stagg's office and outright calls him The Flash .

Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-16, 08:20   Link #30
GDB

Well, we know Wells has some connection to the future, even if it's just information related. And I'm not sure if Multiplex is dead. They could easily say he replicated before attacking Barry and Barry just hadn't noticed.
Old 2014-10-16, 16:03   Link #31
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Moving away from the movie news for a bit, last night's Flash was pretty fun .

I wasn't too sure about Iris during the pilot, but I think I'm warming up to her a little after this episode. She seems a lot more spunky and fun than she was in the pilot, and more like the Iris in the comics, at least to me. That might have to do with how it seems she's on her way to her traditional comic book job as a reporter, with the mysterious Red Streak serving as her reporting muse .

Still not much to say about Thawne, he really just seems there to be another detective and so Iris can have a love interest that's not Barry. Not to mention make Barry jealous, while being a decent guy whose all "buddy-buddy" with him. I wonder if we'll only start getting into his character once Reverse-Flash finally pops up?

Flash vs. Multiplex was pretty cool, major highlights being Flash dodging bullets while taking out clones, bursting through the army ganging up on him with his super-speed, the army of Multiplex, and Flash using his ability to slow-down time to find Black-prime .

I just love how while the public is beginning to call Flash The Red Streak, which brings back terrible Smallville memories, Wells just rolls into Stagg's office and outright calls him The Flash .

Spoiler:
I would not rule Mutliplex out as dead just yet. With his powers they can come up with reasons for his survival.
Old 2014-10-20, 13:02   Link #32
james0246

The recent DC news is very exciting. The first female superhero movie, the first African-American superhero film (potentially two depending on who is chosen for Green Lantern), and also the first "queer" actor playing a major superhero as well as a native Hawaiian, also a tight schedule that aims to match Marvel's previous releases within half the time. (Technically, these are not first female, black, or even necessarily gay superhero films, but they represent a diversity not seen in the current generation of superhero films.) I'm also expecting the two part Justice League film event to be the origin story film for many of these characters, and the standalone features to be their first independent stories. Very exciting news all around.

As for Flash, the series has been progressing nicely. It's borrowing a little heavily on the Spider-Man films, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and some of the underlying mysterious are actually interesting. It helps that the performances are generally good and the action is top notch (especially in the second episode).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 13:17   Link #33
GDB

Wasn't Black Panther already announced for Marvel as being the movie after Ant-man and Doctor Strange for Phase 3? So 2020's Cyborg and Green Lantern definitely wouldn't have the first black superhero solo movies.
Old 2014-10-20, 14:11   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Wasn't Black Panther already announced for Marvel as being the movie after Ant-man and Doctor Strange for Phase 3? So 2020's Cyborg and Green Lantern definitely wouldn't have the first black superhero solo movies.
As far as I know Black Panther has not been officially scheduled yet. It certainly is in development (it has been in some respects for the better part of a decade), but beyond some spec scripts and brainstorming nothing concrete has been announced yet (though with the news of Cyborg and potentially Green Lantern, I wouldn't be surprised if Black Panther was pushed into production earlier than intended with a release date somewhere in 2018 or 2019, the same goes for a Ms. Marvel film). It depends if they are really trying to work on an adaptation of the Civil War storyline or not, and how Black Panther would fit in such a storyline (beyond marrying Storm, I forget just what T'Challa did during the war; I know he ended up siding with Cap, but I don't recall if he did anything off importance in the war.

As it stands, Luke Cage is going to be Marvel's first starring role for a major Black character, and that will be in a Netflix tv series coming sometime next year or soon after.

Honestly, though, this really isn't a competition. The more diversity, the better. I hope GL is black or better yet the recent version of Alan Scott, and Billy Batson can be Latino, and Wonder Woman does amazing spawning a deluge of female superhero film. Lets throw a Black Widow film into the mix, make Doctor Strange Hispanic or Asian. And while we are at it, let's use Miles Morales for the new Spider-Man, and Kamala Khan for Ms. Marvel. Diversity sells massively, and there is no reason we should have to sit through anymore superhero films that don't even attempt to showcase the diversity we experience every day of our lives.

P.S. Jena Malone is supposedly being considered for Robin.

Last edited by james0246; 2014-10-20 at 14:25.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 05:36   Link #35
monster

Spoiler for CW's The Flash episode 3:
Old 2014-10-23, 08:48   Link #36
GDB

Spoiler for Dr. Wells Theory:

Spoiler for Ronnie, from the comics:

And yeah, now that you mention it, it is rather odd that he'd try to take a pulse without "stopping" in a sense. He shouldn't be able to do that.
Old 2014-10-23, 09:40   Link #37
monster

Quote:
Well, whoever they are, for now I'll just say that "aka" name sounds pretty lame.
Quote:
Spoiler for ooh:
Old 2014-10-23, 10:22   Link #38
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:

And yeah, now that you mention it, it is rather odd that he'd try to take a pulse without "stopping" in a sense. He shouldn't be able to do that.
Actually I dont think he is one of the
Spoiler for :

But I think he is this guy
Spoiler for Dr. Wells Theory-True ID:
Old 2014-10-23, 10:50   Link #39
GDB

Oooh, that's a good one. Completely forgot about that character. He makes much more sense.
Old 2014-10-23, 11:34   Link #40
anime fan99

I have a theory about the identity of Dr. Wells

Spoiler for spoiler:
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote