AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-13, 01:51   Link #201
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Ex...cuse me?

What... I don't even.... WHAT?
Well she's kind of bland. I can't very well lie and say I find her enrapturing. On the plus side the game does what the PS2 is the champion of, 2D graphics. It took another generation after that to truly realize top notch 3D graphics, but the PS2 is the king of spectacular looking sprites. It's just a shame the audio isn't what I imagined. I guess it's all the frequent talk after the series about how great the cast was, but I remember them being better than this (other than Minori).
Old 2008-02-13, 02:01   Link #202
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well she's kind of bland. I can't very well lie and say I find her enrapturing. On the plus side the game does what the PS2 is the champion of, 2D graphics. It took another generation after that to truly realize top notch 3D graphics, but the PS2 is the king of spectacular looking sprites. It's just a shame the audio isn't what I imagined. I guess it's all the frequent talk after the series about how great the cast was, but I remember them being better than this (other than Minori).
Have you even heard her sing? She's godly.
Old 2008-02-13, 02:30   Link #203
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
She's a good singer, but that doesn't automatically make her a good voice actor.
Old 2008-02-13, 12:13   Link #204
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Well it would be nice with the DQ game if Yuki would ever shut the heck up. Seriously that's kind of annoying. .

It's possible to make the Game without Yuki Sound FX Voice
it's just that i unlock this option during the Game Making and then Nagato make the Sound Voice, i can even have Tsuruya, Mikuru and Kyon as a FX Voice

Quote:
I found her strangly bad during Lovely Idol when she sing... i don't know, maybe it's because of Lovely Idol
Old 2008-02-13, 12:25   Link #205
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
She's a good singer, but that doesn't automatically make her a good voice actor.
Point taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
It's possible to make the Game without Yuki Sound FX Voice
it's just that i unlock this option during the Game Making and then Nagato make the Sound Voice, i can even have Tsuruya, Mikuru and Kyon as a FX Voicel
That is awesome.

This game goes beyond all my expectations.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:25   Link #206
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Just as i expected
Japanese have almost finish the Game
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ehJzM4BfyRk
Old 2008-02-13, 14:28   Link #207
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
I hate you.

But we're still friends outside of this subforum right?

Old 2008-02-13, 14:48   Link #208
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
Does anyone know where's the cheapest to get the PS2 game with the figure? And also how much I'd get reselling the game without the figure?
The limited edition of the game + figure originally sells for 10,290 yen ($96.05) and just the game alone sells for 7,140 yen ($66.65), so if you want to resell the game completely unopened, I suppose you can try selling it at the regular edition price... Though I don't know anything about the import game resale market. =/

If the figure was a stand-alone, it probably would've been worth 2,500 yen ($23.34). You can get it separately off Yahoo! Auction Japan for about 4,000-5,000 yen, including shipping within Japan...

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2008-02-13, 15:23   Link #209
Ceops

First of all, Hey,
I'm new on this forum, but I've been reading it a bit in the past.
Since I can't make threads I decided this is the best one to post in
Anyway, I made a "Haruhi Media Player" (Open source), it still needs improvemens, and I guess it will never be really good, but like I wrote in SourceForge, it's just meant to be a fun player, its Default skin looks like this:
Spoiler for Screenshots:

It's animated, and it also has a Skin Editor + some other skins (Kitty, Mini, Girl).

It has playlists (and an option to delete the current song from playlist with buttons Ctrl + "-").

It can display videos, the bad thing is that you have to manualy switch between 4:3 and 16:9 while playing video (full screen is exception I think).

You can get it here
But before downloading. Installer associates media files with the program.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/haruhiplayer/
And 1 more thing, since it's written in C# you need .NET framework installed, wich you can get from Microsoft site Link
The current version is 1.04, but 1.05 is ready for upload, but will actualy get released in a day of two.
(Even trought it has an important new function )

Last edited by Ceops; 2008-02-13 at 15:38.
Old 2008-02-14, 04:29   Link #210
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
I hate you.

But we're still friends outside of this subforum right?
Certainly.

In truth though I don't really like quiet mumbly characters at all and that Chihara Minori seems to insist on doing them does not appear as a feather in her cap as a Seiyuu by any means to me. They are among my least favourite character archetypes. Well unless they are lolis like Fate Testarossa (and let me tell you that Nana Mizuki does that whole role better than Minori would have). Lolis can get away with almost offence it seems.

That and if you've ever played a game called Jikyuu Oshaberi Parodius you'd know why I find characters narrating game events in the exact same tone and voice over and over can get annoying very quickly. Now make that voice a Seiyuu I don't really care for at all and I'm really glad somebody mentioned you can turn that off. It's one of those moments where I just have to wonder what the scenario designer was thinking when he/she added that option. Kyon would have been the more obvious choice.
Old 2008-02-21, 00:18   Link #211
Ketro

Suzumiya Haruhi No Tomadoi

I dont know if someone posted this here, so here it goes:

For those who dont know, Suzumiya Haruhi No Tomadoi is a Haruhi game that's out for the PS2, you can probably guess its a RPG, and yep, it is. Does anyone know if this has came out in the U.S.?
Old 2008-02-21, 00:39   Link #212
Rias

It's not a RPG. It has a RPG mini game in it, but it's grouped under "Simulation/Adventure".

It has not came out in the US yet, and just like other games that's of this type, probably will never be.
Old 2008-02-21, 07:01   Link #213
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketro View Post
I dont know if someone posted this here, so here it goes:

For those who dont know, Suzumiya Haruhi No Tomadoi is a Haruhi game that's out for the PS2, you can probably guess its a RPG, and yep, it is. Does anyone know if this has came out in the U.S.?

No it's not a RPG
It's a Adventure Visual Game but not really at all since you are only concerned of creating Game to satisfy Haruhi and to complete the Real Ending, also to learn something about all character
There's a lot of event to trigger
There's 30 Games you can create

- The Diary of the Dancing Girl Haruhi (Good Version)
- The Diary of the Professionnal Singer Mikuru (Good Version)
- The Record of the Gloutonus Women Nagato (Good Version)
- SOS Quest : Itsuki as a 3rd Character (Bard Job) (Good Version)
- SOS Quest : Nagato as a 3rd Character (Assasin Job) (Good Version)
- SOS Quest : Mikuru as a 3rd Character (Magician Job) (Good Version)
- SOS Wars (Good Version)
- SOS Fortune Adventure (Board Type) (Good Version)
- SOS Card Battle (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Haruhi Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Mikuru Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Nagato Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Itsuki Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Tsuruya Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Taniguchi Path) (Good Version)
- The Diary of the Dancing Girl Haruhi (Bad Version)
- The Diary of the Professionnal Singer Mikuru (Bad Version)
- The Record of the Gloutonus Women Nagato (Bad Version)
- SOS Quest : Itsuki as a 3rd Character (Bard Job) (Bad Version)
- SOS Quest : Nagato as a 3rd Character (Assasin Job) (Bad Version)
- SOS Quest : Mikuru as a 3rd Character (Magician Job)
(Bad Version)
- SOS Wars (Bad Version)
- SOS Fortune Adventure (Board Type) (Bad Version)
- SOS Card Battle
(Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Haruhi Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Mikuru Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Nagato Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Itsuki Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Tsuruya Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Taniguchi Path) (Bad Version)

Explanation :
There's Good and Bad Version :
Good Version is just like what you play on PC for Dating Sim Game or Visual Novel Game
Bad Version is just like what you play on NES or very old PC

SOS Love is a dating Game Type that result to the Real Ending (If you want that Haruhi will really finish with Kyon in the Real Life, like an other character), it's means to get out of the Closed Space too. Be careful, make this game on Bad Graphism means an infinite Game Over loop, you can't finish it at all...

SOS Card is just a Card Battle when you have to make a Deck that cost 10 Pts. Haruhi cost 7 Pts, so you need to choose 2 card that cost 3 Pts (Kyon : 2 ; Asakura : 1 for example) and you need to fight against an opponent.
Singing, Dancing and Cooking is just like when you play Rock, Paper, Scissor. If you have the Good One, the amount point will be decreased to the Opponent Life Points. But if you choose the Wrong one, he will defend and his Costume Gauge will increased. If he's able (and you) to filfull the Gauge, you will be able to select a special costume to your card that will increased all parameter included Life Points. Bad Version don't have Asakura, Kyon's sister Card and Computer Club whereas Good Version have them.

SOS Fortune Adventure is just like a Board Game. Take Mario Party and remove all mini game when you stay in a Circle. The goal is to defeat the most Godman as you can by staying at them, your points will increased to 30000. And you need to have the most amount points as possible. Remember that at the end of result, the game will count how many time you have (Stay on Blue, Red, Card and Defeat Godman, you will have a bonus + 30000 if you have a lot of one of many of them)
Bad version have the average to have a roulette for 1 to 6 but only one Roulette whereas Good Version have 2 roulettes with only 1 and 6 (means that you can have 2, 7 or 12). Bad Version is good for knowing each character abilities since Kyon's really useless on Good version since his abilities is to generate 2 Roulettes .

SOSWars is just like Super Robot Taisen. You will fight a powerful opponent which is Asakura here and which having the most greatest Stats. Kyon need to stay Alive, or else it's Game Over. The Game is just like how the episode 4 of the Original Order of Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu, happen. Except that Haruhi, Mikuru and Itsuki will came to save Kyon and fight everyone Asakura.
Bad Version is the Most difficult Level, since Asakura have a greatest Stats and the other doesn't. You need the most best strategy to beat the Bad version since the Good is VERY Easy.

SOSRPG is just a Dragon Quest Parody Game. You are Kyon the Knight of the Kingdom and you will be assist with "Chouyusha Haruhi" to defeat the Great King Beelzeburg which is the Computer club president. The King Tsuruya order you to do this. Depend of the character you have choose, you need to defeat her/him first before joining the Group and then Fight Beelzeburg. I Assume that Nagato is VERY POWERFUL, it's really a pain to defeat her first since she can avoid easily all attack and nullify all Tech of Kyon... And she can easily kill Kyon with her Dagger Throwing Attack... Also Beelzeburg is very easy but . You can reverse the Role and fight King Tsuruya which is MORE POWERFUL than Nagato and Beelzeburg since her Nyoro Laser Beam can easily damage most of 2/3 of Max HP of all character. Nagato was near the Death when i saw this... There's an additionnal scene too with Kyon little sister Princess that can be trigger.

For the Princess Maker game that call Promotion Game, it's just like Princess Maker. You need to train your daughter for accomplish her Goal. You have only 4 Months for train her good. Mikuru, Nagato and Haruhi need differents stats to Win... So they need different education...

I'm still currently finish this FAQ, it's still pretty long since i'm alone to do this...
I had give a lot of help for Gamefaqs user about the Game...
I have done all the Game on GOOD and BAD except the SOS Love Game which is the Final Game. I'm exciting to done the Haruhi Path
Old 2008-02-21, 14:45   Link #214
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So in order to get the Real Ending, you choose Haruhi in the SOS Love game?
Old 2008-02-21, 15:16   Link #215
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Correct but you need to select Option that trigger the "True confession Scene"
The Other Character are only here for unlock some Artwork
Old 2008-02-21, 15:49   Link #216
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Correct but you need to select Option that trigger the "True confession Scene"
The Other Character are only here for unlock some Artwork
This makes sense for once.

Thanks!
Old 2008-02-21, 17:07   Link #217
Ketro

Quote:
No it's not a RPG
It's a Adventure Visual Game but not really at all since you are only concerned of creating Game to satisfy Haruhi and to complete the Real Ending, also to learn something about all character
There's a lot of event to trigger
There's 30 Games you can create

- The Diary of the Dancing Girl Haruhi (Good Version)
- The Diary of the Professionnal Singer Mikuru (Good Version)
- The Record of the Gloutonus Women Nagato (Good Version)
- SOS Quest : Itsuki as a 3rd Character (Bard Job) (Good Version)
- SOS Quest : Nagato as a 3rd Character (Assasin Job) (Good Version)
- SOS Quest : Mikuru as a 3rd Character (Magician Job) (Good Version)
- SOS Wars (Good Version)
- SOS Fortune Adventure (Board Type) (Good Version)
- SOS Card Battle (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Haruhi Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Mikuru Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Nagato Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Itsuki Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Tsuruya Path) (Good Version)
- SOS Love Game (Taniguchi Path) (Good Version)
- The Diary of the Dancing Girl Haruhi (Bad Version)
- The Diary of the Professionnal Singer Mikuru (Bad Version)
- The Record of the Gloutonus Women Nagato (Bad Version)
- SOS Quest : Itsuki as a 3rd Character (Bard Job) (Bad Version)
- SOS Quest : Nagato as a 3rd Character (Assasin Job) (Bad Version)
- SOS Quest : Mikuru as a 3rd Character (Magician Job)
(Bad Version)
- SOS Wars (Bad Version)
- SOS Fortune Adventure (Board Type) (Bad Version)
- SOS Card Battle
(Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Haruhi Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Mikuru Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Nagato Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Itsuki Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Tsuruya Path) (Bad Version)
- SOS Love Game (Taniguchi Path) (Bad Version)

Explanation :
There's Good and Bad Version :
Good Version is just like what you play on PC for Dating Sim Game or Visual Novel Game
Bad Version is just like what you play on NES or very old PC

SOS Love is a dating Game Type that result to the Real Ending (If you want that Haruhi will really finish with Kyon in the Real Life, like an other character), it's means to get out of the Closed Space too. Be careful, make this game on Bad Graphism means an infinite Game Over loop, you can't finish it at all...

SOS Card is just a Card Battle when you have to make a Deck that cost 10 Pts. Haruhi cost 7 Pts, so you need to choose 2 card that cost 3 Pts (Kyon : 2 ; Asakura : 1 for example) and you need to fight against an opponent.
Singing, Dancing and Cooking is just like when you play Rock, Paper, Scissor. If you have the Good One, the amount point will be decreased to the Opponent Life Points. But if you choose the Wrong one, he will defend and his Costume Gauge will increased. If he's able (and you) to filfull the Gauge, you will be able to select a special costume to your card that will increased all parameter included Life Points. Bad Version don't have Asakura, Kyon's sister Card and Computer Club whereas Good Version have them.

SOS Fortune Adventure is just like a Board Game. Take Mario Party and remove all mini game when you stay in a Circle. The goal is to defeat the most Godman as you can by staying at them, your points will increased to 30000. And you need to have the most amount points as possible. Remember that at the end of result, the game will count how many time you have (Stay on Blue, Red, Card and Defeat Godman, you will have a bonus + 30000 if you have a lot of one of many of them)
Bad version have the average to have a roulette for 1 to 6 but only one Roulette whereas Good Version have 2 roulettes with only 1 and 6 (means that you can have 2, 7 or 12). Bad Version is good for knowing each character abilities since Kyon's really useless on Good version since his abilities is to generate 2 Roulettes .

SOSWars is just like Super Robot Taisen. You will fight a powerful opponent which is Asakura here and which having the most greatest Stats. Kyon need to stay Alive, or else it's Game Over. The Game is just like how the episode 4 of the Original Order of Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu, happen. Except that Haruhi, Mikuru and Itsuki will came to save Kyon and fight everyone Asakura.
Bad Version is the Most difficult Level, since Asakura have a greatest Stats and the other doesn't. You need the most best strategy to beat the Bad version since the Good is VERY Easy.

SOSRPG is just a Dragon Quest Parody Game. You are Kyon the Knight of the Kingdom and you will be assist with "Chouyusha Haruhi" to defeat the Great King Beelzeburg which is the Computer club president. The King Tsuruya order you to do this. Depend of the character you have choose, you need to defeat her/him first before joining the Group and then Fight Beelzeburg. I Assume that Nagato is VERY POWERFUL, it's really a pain to defeat her first since she can avoid easily all attack and nullify all Tech of Kyon... And she can easily kill Kyon with her Dagger Throwing Attack... Also Beelzeburg is very easy but . You can reverse the Role and fight King Tsuruya which is MORE POWERFUL than Nagato and Beelzeburg since her Nyoro Laser Beam can easily damage most of 2/3 of Max HP of all character. Nagato was near the Death when i saw this... There's an additionnal scene too with Kyon little sister Princess that can be trigger.

For the Princess Maker game that call Promotion Game, it's just like Princess Maker. You need to train your daughter for accomplish her Goal. You have only 4 Months for train her good. Mikuru, Nagato and Haruhi need differents stats to Win... So they need different education...

I'm still currently finish this FAQ, it's still pretty long since i'm alone to do this...
I had give a lot of help for Gamefaqs user about the Game...
I have done all the Game on GOOD and BAD except the SOS Love Game which is the Final Game. I'm exciting to done the Haruhi Path

Ack, sorry, that's what I meant when I said RPG , nice explanation, but I still dont know if it came out in the U.S. yet...

Also, what does "Be careful, make this game on Bad Graphism means an infinite Game Over loop, you can't finish it at all" Bad Graphism mean? And a infinite Game Over Loop? Is the meaning word-for-word, and is it a glitch or a part of the game?
Old 2008-02-21, 17:47   Link #218
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Ack, sorry, that's what I meant when I said RPG , nice explanation, but I still dont know if it came out in the U.S. yet...

Also, what does "Be careful, make this game on Bad Graphism means an infinite Game Over loop, you can't finish it at all" Bad Graphism mean? And a infinite Game Over Loop? Is the meaning word-for-word, and is it a glitch or a part of the game?
I assume it's part of the game, considering it's based off of the time travel plotline in the unanimated "Endless Eight".

"Bad Graphism" means 8-bit, NES-Style graphics that are an option for most of the games.
Old 2008-02-21, 18:27   Link #219
Ketro

Im also assuming we're talking about the same game on the same system, right?
Old 2008-02-21, 19:47   Link #220
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Im also assuming we're talking about the same game on the same system, right?
Yes, the PS2 game.
Closed Thread