Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-12-19, 07:26   Link #4641
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post

Pheles and Johann seemed a bit stronger than SoF Yuuji and Shana. Chapter 1 of vol.22 paints them as so, seemingly.
i think they just appeared at the worst possible time so of course they got the upper hand. Hell they were running away from sabrac for all those years so they have to be below him in terms of power
Old 2011-12-19, 08:03   Link #4642
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

They are nowhere near them in combat terms.

Pheles and Johan's skill lies in planning. Soft power stuff
Old 2011-12-20, 21:15   Link #4643
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelesspigeon View Post
@teh_ping

So he still has his powers despite the Snake leaving him, correct? And take your time with the translations, I'd love to read them, but you've got your own life that's more important than translating.
I actually took it as Snake is still inside Yuji but just sleeping while Yuji still maintains his power.
Old 2011-12-20, 21:53   Link #4644
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i think they just appeared at the worst possible time so of course they got the upper hand. Hell they were running away from sabrac for all those years so they have to be below him in terms of power
I don't know... Shana was angry when she fought Pheles, and their fight didn't go anywhere. Johann seemingly always had the upper hand against Yuuji, at least seemingly effortlessly compared to Yuuji who seems to be struggling or needed to exert effort.

Perhaps Pheles and Johann don't surpass Shana and Yuuji in terms of combat ability, but in other ways like Jizaihou and PoE, I think they're slightly above them. They also have the thing that can create the greatest Jizaihou and power-ups, and that is love. Though Yuuji and Shana too have that.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 22:19   Link #4645
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post
I don't know... Shana was angry when she fought Pheles, and their fight didn't go anywhere. Johann seemingly always had the upper hand against Yuuji, at least seemingly effortlessly compared to Yuuji who seems to be struggling or needed to exert effort.

Perhaps Pheles and Johann don't surpass Shana and Yuuji in terms of combat ability, but in other ways like Jizaihou and PoE, I think they're slightly above them. They also have the thing that can create the greatest Jizaihou and power-ups, and that is love. Though Yuuji and Shana too have that.
You should bear in mind that Johan's speech was causing Yuji to behave irrationally .

Or that Johan co-created the Reiji Maigo in the first place.
Old 2011-12-21, 00:31   Link #4646
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You should bear in mind that Johan's speech was causing Yuji to behave irrationally .

Or that Johan co-created the Reiji Maigo in the first place.
Of course, I had these in mind well before I made that post.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 07:36   Link #4647
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I actually took it as Snake is still inside Yuji but just sleeping while Yuji still maintains his power.
That seems likely.
Cause if Yuji and Shana rule Xanadu, Shana must still have her powers while Yuji has his. Getting ruled by someone who has very little abilities other than wielding a sword doesnt work.
Ec1ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 11:01   Link #4648
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
Hi guys, long time no see for those who still remembers me.
I recently finished the last volume, and gosh, what a while it took. Had been following the Shana fandom since it begun, so kinda overwhelming, reading the very last part of the world of Shana.
I love the power tier discussion. Anyhow, Asiz is an unique case. While his flam haze was still around, the duo has been regarded as one of the greatest flame hazes ever, recognised by Sophie and the like. Not to mentioned asiz's fh lived an exceptionally long time before dying.
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 09:49   Link #4649
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
Hi guys, long time no see for those who still remembers me.
I recently finished the last volume, and gosh, what a while it took. Had been following the Shana fandom since it begun, so kinda overwhelming, reading the very last part of the world of Shana.
I love the power tier discussion. Anyhow, Asiz is an unique case. While his flam haze was still around, the duo has been regarded as one of the greatest flame hazes ever, recognised by Sophie and the like. Not to mentioned asiz's fh lived an exceptionally long time before dying.
IIRC wasn't Tis and Asiz the first Flame Haze pair?

Coffin Weaver's ability is still quite ghey though since it essentially sends everyone into stasis, severed from the rest of reality....

Poor Tis...brought down in the end due to betrayal...
Old 2011-12-22, 12:17   Link #4650
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

They have an OP ability, that's for sure. How do we rank the toten glocke in terms of ability and power then. (just got eternal song vol.3, and was marvellig at those little details that describe a character so well)
And I think you are right about Tis and Asiz, although I cannot find any mention of it in the novels, as of now. Probably slipped my mind. Onore age ><
Old 2011-12-22, 22:53   Link #4651
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
They have an OP ability, that's for sure. How do we rank the toten glocke in terms of ability and power then. (just got eternal song vol.3, and was marvellig at those little details that describe a character so well)
And I think you are right about Tis and Asiz, although I cannot find any mention of it in the novels, as of now. Probably slipped my mind. Onore age ><
It's at the middle of Eternal song 3 IIRC...

Toten Glocke....

Top 3 should be Asiz and the two Wings .

Then Ullikumi

the rest is kinda hard to tell...
Old 2011-12-22, 23:06   Link #4652
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I've probably missed previous discussion on this but who is Asiz again?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 23:24   Link #4653
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I've probably missed previous discussion on this but who is Asiz again?
Coffin Weaver. Blue Angel of Toten Glocke.

The Lord Mathilde and Alastor fought.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:31   Link #4654
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Ah ok...I only knew him as Coffin Weaver
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 08:47   Link #4655
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
It would be better if you could post a summary of the final volume. It just needs to have a bit more detail than the one given as below. Of course, just ignore my silly request if you have no intention to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Careful from now on, spoilers are out!

Spoiler for Volume 22 - the end of Shakugan no Shana:
Old 2011-12-23, 12:19   Link #4656
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

You know the twin wings are supposed to have the strongest offensive hougu and defensive unrestricted method rigth? Ever wondered what they meant by strongest, especially when there seem to be better ones? (Sokar seems pathetically weak, even when compared to Molech btw)
Yup, Cosmic Eagle you were right about Tis.
Old 2011-12-23, 12:55   Link #4657
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
You know the twin wings are supposed to have the strongest offensive hougu and defensive unrestricted method rigth? Ever wondered what they meant by strongest, especially when there seem to be better ones? (Sokar seems pathetically weak, even when compared to Molech btw)
Yup, Cosmic Eagle you were right about Tis.
Maybe because Karl is like....bloody strong. Utrennyaya and Vechernyaya seem to be one of the stronger Flame Haze Lords around.

It could be they meant strongest at that time? Even though Asiz himself and Sydonay already trump them hands down in that...
Old 2011-12-24, 06:29   Link #4658
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Questions~ How long ago was Toten Glocke? And Sydonnay was around when in the first great war? And if he was, was it the same Sydonnay as the Current Sydonnay? because from memory, the Trinity's are reborn every few hundred years right? or is that only after they die?
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 09:32   Link #4659
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
Questions~ How long ago was Toten Glocke? And Sydonnay was around when in the first great war? And if he was, was it the same Sydonnay as the Current Sydonnay? because from memory, the Trinity's are reborn every few hundred years right? or is that only after they die?
Only after they die or when SnH needs them....

The Trinity that has been around since SnH got sealed are the same ones.

Actually it seems that they are the only ones....I mean, even if they are reborn, they are still the same person. It's not as if Sydonay is a title or something....

Toten Glocke was during the 16th century.
Old 2011-12-24, 14:39   Link #4660
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Careful from now on, spoilers are out!

Spoiler for Volume 22 - the end of Shakugan no Shana:
So Khamsin and those three under "good-bye", are they KIA? Yukari's family is restored along with herself?
Since Margery stayed with Keisaku, there's only the problem of the latter's brief lifespan.

Hmm... interesting.

Pheles and Johan- made a child and vanished. Hmm... I guess it was to happen (Note: If this is actually confirmed to be correct, I guess my speculating shot in the dark hit the right target two years ago when I brought up the subject despite me saying it differently and in a different context)

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen