AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about spoilers?
Hate them!!! 37 44.58%
Indifferent towards them 28 33.73%
Enjoy reading them 18 21.69%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-19, 07:40   Link #41
emotionless_teenage
mr. nice guy

i like reading 'em

at least i know what to expect when watching the spoilt show
emotionless_teenage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 11:05   Link #42
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Never Mind them...I love reading spoilers...even though sometimes It makes me feel don't need to watch the episode anymore....
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 19:27   Link #43
Rubylight

A bit half and half for me.
Sometimes I don't mind them, as knowing what's to come makes you look forward to the show/game in general.
Other times, I would prefer to see the story unfold as it gets told.
Rubylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 19:34   Link #44
Zippicus

It really depends on the show for me. If it's something I'm really enjoying I avoid spoilers. If I'm getting that trainwreck vibe I'll spoil myself to see if I should bother finishing the series.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 03:06   Link #45
animeprincess1212

I really don't mind most spoilers and they even sometimes give me an intrest in the shows, but what I really dislike is when the spoiler is about a character dying, thats just something that should not be spoiled, because for me at least it ruins the anime
animeprincess1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 19:56   Link #46
Thingle
Banned

I like them.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 21:43   Link #47
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I don't mind them too much, but I feel kind of bad for the authors that worked hard to make their stories if I read things ahead of time.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 21:48   Link #48
Patcoola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
Recently I was confronted with an issue about spoilers.
it depends how much information is said, sometime it doesn't matter, specially it you kind of know that it was going to happen, anime can be very predicable.
Old 2009-01-02, 04:12   Link #49
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I welcome spoilers if I'm somewhat interested in the franchise. There's just too much info to go around if you dig deeper. All those sound dramas from Nanoha? I don't think I have time to go through all of them to help fill in my jigsaw of knowledge about the series.
Old 2009-01-02, 04:34   Link #50
FNSNA
Osaka is mai waifu

I enjoy reading them, even knowing that i the anime would become quite predictable after knowing enough info of them [no more surprise factor]....
Its a really bad habit

Blame Wikipedia >_>
FNSNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 04:40   Link #51
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNSNA View Post
I enjoy reading them, even knowing that i the anime would become quite predictable after knowing enough info of them [no more surprise factor]....
Its a really bad habit

Blame Wikipedia >_>
Actually, many series do have the same general gist in them. It's all in the execution, as Napoleon (I think) would say.
Old 2009-01-02, 06:07   Link #52
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
I don't care much about spoilers myself. The problem I see is a good chunk of the posts that have spoilers in it, the spoiler itself is unnecessary to the post comment. The spoiler could be avoided.

It's kind of a bad manner/habit or even a total disrespect toward others when people comment really big spoilers that would ruin the experience to a lot of folks there.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 21:13   Link #53
7thMethuselah

In general I hate spoilers with a passion. I love a good story development, plot twists interesting events that can carry a show or have a big influence on a characters behaviour. If you know in advance what gonna happen alot of the mystery and surprise a show has to offer is gone. And it's really the mystery I tend to love.
I guess that's why I dislike storylines that are shallow or very predictable, you can guess the outcome quite easy. No surprise = no fun. For the same reasons I tend to avoid anime of which i read the manga or the other way around.
Of course this doesn't really apply to a good comedy where the story is of second importance and the real main theme is the jokes. I also ain't to bothered by spoilers for first episodes of a new show, the more you know the higher the change you get interested and decide to give the show a try, and those spoilers don't really ruin the whole storyline anyway.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 21:28   Link #54
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Hmmm.... I guess I would be angry if I'm told how the story advances (though not very worked up), compared to "what" the story is. The journey's usually more exciting than the end. Also, manga-to-anime works can be interesting if the seiyu are good.
Old 2009-01-03, 21:39   Link #55
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I voted 'indifferent towards them' 'cause a majority of the time, they don't really affect me. Sometimes I even enjoy reading them depending on the occasion/show.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 23:14   Link #56
euphiexx
Platinum

I like spoliers..I enjoy reading them mainly because I like to know what going to happen next before I watch it..
euphiexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 02:09   Link #57
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Spoilers in anime in general? I voted "don't like'm". But to be honest, it's half-n'-half. If it's an anime I'm particularly interested in or that I plan on watching, I will avoid the spoiler buttons when browsing said-anime's forum here. But if I have no plans on watching it, let me know.

At the same time, I'm being a bit of a hypocrite. I hate surprises. If something makes me that anxious after a cliffhanger, I would like a sip of what's to come before being presented the whole shpeel. This can apply to games and movies as well.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 02:11   Link #58
Yokai

Hate them is a strong word, but I am unsatisfied if I see something that I shouldn't have. I don't complain about it too much, but it would have been so epic if I wasn't told what was going to happen.
Old 2009-01-04, 02:28   Link #59
Deso
I am about to leave again
*Artist

Spoilers are ok.....I just thik they're annoying when you're tired and don't feel like messing with them.....but other than that...it's just sometihng I like with...I'm just used to it...so I like them.....sort of......>__>

~You don't want to believe in my existance because you're afraid that I'm real......
Deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 02:36   Link #60
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I simply hate them. Although what I hate more are spoilers without labels, which leaves me with a feeling of great curiosity although I can't risk opening it and be angry with me later. This spoiled Clannad (movie), Death Note, and TTGL for me. However, I'm not as mad as I should be, why? That is because not only did I see multiple instances of those spoilers inside unlabeled spoiler tags, but I also see them without spoiler tags, so I don't regret seeing that first unlabeled spoiler as much. It's one of those things where if you didn't watch it when it aired, it will be talked about so much that eventually someone will let it slip.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote