AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-20, 13:38   Link #101
DanielSong39

How about a Kanon Drama CD thread? Looks pretty interesting...
Old 2007-09-08, 21:29   Link #102
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Is it possible to request a poll asking about which route or which girl the forum members would choose? Not the favorite character polls that been started, but something like "which girl would you choose if you were in Yuuichi's place? Ayu, Nayuki, Makoto, Mai and Shiori.
Old 2007-09-09, 02:37   Link #103
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
Is it possible to request a poll asking about which route or which girl the forum members would choose? Not the favorite character polls that been started, but something like "which girl would you choose if you were in Yuuichi's place? Ayu, Nayuki, Makoto, Mai and Shiori.
Wouldn't this be similar to asking who your favouraire character is (but just limiting the answer to one choice from five)? Not exactly the same but it appears to be a subset of the existing poll.
Old 2007-09-09, 12:38   Link #104
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Wouldn't this be similar to asking who your favouraire character is (but just limiting the answer to one choice from five)? Not exactly the same but it appears to be a subset of the existing poll.
Yeah but the current polls included side characters, I think it would be nice to see which of the 5 girls the members are going to choose rather than "which character did you like the most?" This poll is intended to see which girl's story was the most like or most popular.
Old 2007-09-09, 13:31   Link #105
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I still don't really see that such a poll will give significantly different results than the current results

Plus, if you wish to discuss "which route or which girl would you choose" then the existing thread could be used. I still maintain that such a question is just a subset of the existing topic so there is no reason not to use the existing thread/poll to discuss it further.

I'm not entirely against a new poll but I need to be convinced it's worth the effort What do others think?
Old 2007-10-04, 00:55   Link #106
therationalpi

I know a thread that I want to see, particularly for a series that's been around for a while and has been licensed.

I want to see the

Kanon Second Watch thread.

They have one in the Lucky Star forums, though I think it is a bit too soon there for it to be relevant. But when this show starts coming out R1, a lot of people will be rewatching it, and I'm sure quite a few people are going to watch it to get ready.
Old 2007-12-06, 21:18   Link #107
stardf29

Requesting a thread on "The Dubbing of Kanon", now that there's a video clip available on The Anime Network site (you may need to refresh the page a couple of times to get the Kanon video).
Old 2007-12-07, 03:57   Link #108
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
I know a thread that I want to see, particularly for a series that's been around for a while and has been licensed.

I want to see the

Kanon Second Watch thread.

They have one in the Lucky Star forums, though I think it is a bit too soon there for it to be relevant. But when this show starts coming out R1, a lot of people will be rewatching it, and I'm sure quite a few people are going to watch it to get ready.
OK, once the DVDs are released (on 1st Jan 2008) we can create a Kanon - "Second Look" Thread. Remind me again if it hasn't been created at the start of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardf29 View Post
Requesting a thread on "The Dubbing of Kanon", now that there's a video clip available on The Anime Network site (you may need to refresh the page a couple of times to get the Kanon video).
Done.
Old 2009-01-23, 03:03   Link #109
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Per the approval of another moderator, I'd like to request the following poll as a kind of way of understanding where people stand on this "argued-in-the-alleys" issue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been taking a walk on the net recently (for lack of a better analogy), and it seems like there is a little bit of an underground community among us who have watched this series. People have blogged it, people have expressed it on multiple forums - this one included. But there has not yet been a congregation for how big this movement really is. And I'm surprised that we didn't start a thread like this during the show's original run to see just how many there were in this community.

The question I'm throwing at you is: Whose Kanon ending would you have preferred? Ayu's? Or Nayuki's?

Now, at some point, you may have looked at the final few episodes and thought, "Aha! Well if it was left to me, I would've done this differently!" As a scriptwriter, I strive to make stories with impact, to tell stories as dramatic and entertaining as possible, even if it deviates from the general order of things. To be honest, I could have scripted a Nayuki ending without having to modify three-quarters of the content. And I'm sure KyoAni, the producers, could have done so too. They had the manpower, the resources, the liberty to do something unconventional and still walk away as a success. And yet, for some reason, they held back.

It is not to say that I disliked the final episode. Albeit a bit cheezy and a little difficult to follow, the ending fits. I like it. But I would have preferred Nayuki's.

And that is the essence of this thread: preference. My reasons is that a Nayuki ending would have provided more emotional impact and therefore made more sense. You may simply just like her more. Regardless, this is an opportunity to collect and see just how many viewers - casual and fans alike - were either pleased or content with Ayu's ending or left desiring an ever-after story with Nayuki. You may be satisfied with KyoAni's ending for its integrity, but would you have liked/wanted a different outcome?

For all intents and purposes, I do not wish to include Shiori, Makoto, Mai, or Sayuri in this poll.
Old 2009-11-01, 22:51   Link #110
blackrikku

i like too make a request too open up a thread requesting help on kanon visual novel
Closed Thread