AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 01:51   Link #1
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
So, what do you recommend for Spring 2009?

I couldn't help but notice this list here. Apparently, the Spring 2009 series or at least a handful of the upcoming Spring 2009 series have been released and it's a spoiler for some so I wouldn't recommend clicking the link unless you wish to pursue this thread further.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've been out of the anime craze lately due to work, but I'm willing to nab any good shows and watch them immediately or later (depends on how good they are). I just need a helping hand knowing what are some of the good ones you all recommend. I have absolutely no knowledge of any of the titles and my interests are very specific, so I've provided a list of pointers to see what fits the criteria in order of importance (yes, the phrases below are lame ):

1. Why So Serious?: I'd like a more serious-minded story, doesn't matter where it takes place. Funny is fine so long as it fits with the theme, won't be contrived or known to take things over the top
2. History or Pedigree: A lot of TV series are adaptations of a previous novel, game, or manga. I'm interested to see how they adapt the well-known or well-recognized for the screen
3. Own the Means of Production: It needs to be well-drawn. I mean well-proportioned people (in an anime-esque sort of way. Duh!). I only know a handful of good production studios
4. Please, I'm Here to Watch Something: Nothing irks me more than contrived reminders of camaraderie, friendship, and family. If it's going to/known to remind me of these every five minutes, I'm not interested. Themes should come naturally in its own telling
5. Theory of Evolution: The path of how two or more people become closer as friends, brothers, or even lovers is something I've always been interested in.

I realize some are difficult to adhere to, especially how none of them have been broadcasted yet. But as an example, I am curious to watch Fullmetal Alchemist just to see what the fuss was originally, so that meets number 2. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind recommendations to shows that are currently airing. But for all intents and purposes, I haven't found a good anime I liked since last spring and I wanna get back into the groove of things, but I'm contradictively picky and have a limited knowledge of popular anime titles. So I'm posting for help on what the masses are dying to watch but something I, too, can put up with.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread